• Published 22nd Feb 2015
  • 18,328 Views, 422 Comments

A Nobody's Destiny - Golden Flare



Your name is Naxon, you used to work for Organization XIII, but you left, now you find yourself running for your life from dangerous creatures. Can the inhabitants of this world change your life for the better?

  • ...
17
 422
 18,328

Day 11: A Day At Sweet Apple Acres

WARNING

Some of the music in this chapter will not be Kingdom Hearts tracks, if you have any problem with it, please PM me with your concerns.


Day 11
A Day At Sweet Apple Acres


Your Home - Kitchen
Time of Day: Early Morning
Weather: Sunny
Time: 7:36 AM

After waking up, Celestia greeted you as her sister was in the shower. She offered you to help her make pancakes for breakfast, you take the offer, of course, you may need to know how to cook at some points in time. You and Celestia finish making breakfast as Luna came downstairs, fully dressed after she had taken her shower, and you all dig in; they're the best pancakes you've ever eaten!

You feel as though your new knowledge has made your mind stronger.

Level Up!
Lv. 4 > 5
HP: 30 +5 =35
MP: 23 +6 =29
STR: 15 +1 =16
MAG: 9 +5 =14
DEF: 14 +3 =17
SPD: 16 +1 =17
Crit. %: 10 +1 =11
Crit. Bonus: 13 +2 =15

"Mmm! You've really outdone yourself, sister!" Luna praises.

"It wasn't just me, it was Naxon, too." Celestia says.

"Really?" Luna turns to you, "Well then, great job, my dear nephew. These pancakes are delicious." she smiles warmly.

You smile as well, thankful to have a supportive aunt and a helpful mother.

Z-Link Level Up!
VII - Vice Principal Luna (Auntie Lulu) - Lv. 5/20
VIII - Principal Celestia (Mama Tia) - Lv. 5/20

OBTAINED
Berserk
Limit Break No. VII; you enter a state of berserk with your claymore and charge forward, creating shockwaves in your wake.

Explosion
Limit Break No. VIII; you engulf your chakrams in flames and throw them your opponents, exploding upon contact.

Limit Breaks

Limit Breaks can only be used when you're on your last legs. A Limit Break can boost your strength temporarily as you conduct a powerful attack. Each Limit Break is different, so try a variety of attacks. Limit Breaks can only be used for a short time, so use them wisely.

"Better eat up, you two, we have to go to school today."

You and Luna nod and return to your breakfast. After you're all done, you all head to the school.


Canterlot High School - Main Foyer
Time of Day: Early Morning
Weather: Sunny
Time: 7:52 AM

"Oh, I do hope Naxon shows up soon!" Rarity said.

"Why? Is it something important?" Sunset asked.

"Let's just say...I gave his wardrobe a little upgrade."

Rarity turned to the front door of the school and prepared an MP3 player hooked up to a radio, "He's coming, he's coming!"

The moment you, Celestia, and Luna stepped in, all eye were turned to you as Rarity played a track from the MP3. Everyone in the foyer stared at you in awe, truthfully, it unnerved you a bit, but you didn't let it show as you waltzed past everybody and into the hallways. People began to whisper to each other about you:

"Hey, is that the new kid?"

"Yeah, it is! He looks good."

"I think his name was Naxon."

"The creepy guy with the black coat?"

"Yeah, but it definitely looks like he's developed a fashion sense."

Hearing all these compliments made you blush a little. You continue down the hall with the principals on either side of you, unaware that the music was following you as you parted ways with Celestia and Luna and entered your first class.

(stop music)


Canterlot High School - Hallway
Time of Day: Late Morning
Weather: Sunny
Time: 11:01 AM

You began retrieving and putting away books in your locker when Applejack walked up to you.

"Howdy, Naxon!"

"Hey, Applejack, what's up?" you ask.

"Not much, Ah was just wonderin' if you have time later today."

"Why?"

"I wanted ta ask if you could help out on the farm today, ya know, do some hard work, git ta know each other better, all that good stuff. So whataya say?"

You think for a moment; you've been spending time with the other girls as of late, so maybe spending the day with Applejack won't be so bad.

What do I have to lose? you think, then return your attention to Applejack, "Okay, sure."

Applejack beams, "Great! See ya later!"

"Okay, see you."

It appears you've made plans for the day with Applejack. You wonder how it's going to turn out. Regardless, you finish your business in your locker, close it, and head to lunch.


Canterlot High School - Cafeteria
Time of Day: Late Morning
Weather: Sunny
Time: 11:12 AM

You've gotten your lunch, a hamburger with fries, and headed to your table with the girls, overhearing their conversation for a brief moment.

"Was the music really necessary, Rarity?" Sunset asked her friend.

"Of course it was!" Rarity defended, "It was to boost Naxon's confidence and gain respect from the students!"

"Fashion isn't the only way to gain respect, Rarity." Rainbow joined in.

"Well, I nev—shh! He's coming!" Rarity straightened herself, "Why, hello, Naxon."

"Hello, everyone," you sat down and began eating your lunch, "so what's going on?"

"Eh, the usual." Rainbow says.

"Ah."

"So, Naxon," Sunset began, "the tryouts for the Friendship Games are starting at free period today, do you have any clue what your routine is going to be?"

You tap a finger on your chin, then your eyes light up, "I think I have one."

"Terrific! Can't wait to see it!"

The girl talk about various other things until the bell rings, you clear out of the cafeteria and quietly sneak into the wood shop classroom for a secret project...


Canterlot High School - Soccer Field
Time of Day: Afternoon
Weather: Sunny
Time: 2:03 PM

After signing up for the Friendship Games tryouts, you made your way to the field where you're awaiting your turn, then it'll be Sandalwood, then lastly, Lyra and Bon Bon. As your turn approached, you made a mental checklist of your routine: wooden replicas of Roxas' Keyblades? Check. Tennis ball launchers filled with tennis balls that you borrowed from the storage shed? Check. Set them to the highest setting? Check. Confidence and nervousness? Double check. Your hands are all jittery from the anxiety of performing your routine in front of everyone, especially Sunset Shimmer. You take deep breaths to try and calm yourself, you continue to do so until your name is called.

"Naxon, you're up." Luna announced.

With one, last deep breath, you steel yourself and walk onto the center of the soccer field with the tennis ball launchers pointed directly at you. They automatically turn on, since you set them on a timer, and you? You gaze at them with an emotionless stare, unnerving your audience. You reach in your shirt and, one by one, pull out your replicas; first the Oathkeeper in your left hand, then the Oblivion in your right, you twirl them above your head, cross them into an "X", and swing them outward into a dual wielding pose that threatens any who stand in your way.

The crowd was both in awe of you and your blades and on edge by your ability, anxious on what you'll do next. Just then, the balls began flying at a rapid pace, like bullets from machine guns, you tighten the grip you have on your weapons, take one step forward, and, with the foot in front of you, push yourself toward the oncoming assault and begin knocking the balls away as you ran to the launchers. You even decided to get fancy with your moves; flipping in midair, twirling your replica blades, and even put them together to make a vertical upwards swing to knock back an entire wave of tennis balls.

Everyone stared at you with their mouths agape as you finally made your way to the launchers and disabled by tapping the on/off switches with your blades, stopping the assault and ending your performance.

(stop music)

Silence.

Nobody dared to make a move after what they've just seen.

You saw their shocked faces and sighed, "Looks like I overshot it again."

Then you heard it.

Clapping.

It started out with one person, then it slowly escalated into the entire audience cheering for you, amazed by your performance.

You looked at everyone, wide-eyed, then nervously smiled and waved, "Heh, guess I didn't do too bad."


Unbeknownst to everyone, you were being watched.

"Hmm, I'm impressed, guess Indigo wasn't exaggerating after all, but his execution with his weapons and tricks were overkill." a harshly honest voice commented.


Sweet Apple Acres
Time of Day: After School
Weather: Sunny
Time: 2:31 PM

After your performance, it was Sandalwood's turn, who juggled a flute around, then it was Lyra and Bon Bon's turn, they did quite a few series of things; dancing, log throwing, punching, ripping a phone book in half, weightlifting, hot dog eating, floral arrangement, pottery, stone masonry, and even attacking each other as birds. Sandalwood stepped in and said Vice Principal Luna posted the roster for the CHS Friendship Games team, which made the two stop and check it out. They read the roster and they were surprised.

"You made the team!" Lyra said.

"You made the team!" Bon Bon said back.

They looked at each other and smiled.

"Best!"

"Friends!"

"Forever!" they cheered together as they hugged and laughed.

They stopped and noticed you staring at them, "No offense, but you two are strange." you walk past them and checked out the roster:

Canterlot High School Friendship Games Team Roster

1. Naxon
2. Rainbow Dash
3. Applejack
4. Pinkie Pie
5. Sunset Shimmer
6. Rarity
7. Fluttershy
8. Lyra Heartstrings
9. Bon Bon
10. Flash Sentry
11. Sandalwood
12. Micro Chips

You heard that a student named, "Derpy Hooves" failed to make the cut, but she wasn't bothered by it. For someone with an optical disability, Derpy has a lot of heart, and you admire that. Right now, you've arrived at Applejack's farm, ready to help out any way you can. You noticed Applejack picking apples from a tree and dropping them down into a wooden bucket.

You walk up to her and she notices you right away, "Howdy, Naxon! Ready to get to work?"

"Yes, ma'am."

She chuckles, "No need ta be so formal, Ah'm not like Rarity."

"If you say so."

"C'mere, Ah'll show ya how it's done," she guides you over to another tree with buckets scattered around it, "here at Sweet Apple Acres, we hand picked our apples, not use any o' them fancy machines to do our work fed us. Here, Ah'll give ya ah visual demonstration."

Applejack walks over to a nearby, she sets up a ladder, and proceeds to pick the apples from tree, leaving the ones that aren't ripe alone.

"Ya climb up, ya pick 'em, and ya toss 'em in the bucket. Got it?" she lost your attention as you calculated a more efficient way to get the apples down without machinery. "Naxon?"

You walk closer to the tree and proceed to punch it with all the force you could muster, knocking almost all of the apples off, mainly the ones that are ripe. "Does...that work?" you ask.

"Whoa nelly! Never seen anything like that!" Applejack said, "Yeah, sure ya can! Just...be careful with ma trees, okay?"

You nod and begin your farm work. After an hour passed, Applejack excused herself to the restroom, leaving you behind to continue working. That is until, you sensed a somewhat sinister presence.

"I know you're there. Show yourself." you order.

Once you said that, someone wearing a Crystal Prep uniform stepped out from behind a tree; she had periwinkle skin and white hair that was done up into pigtails and a ponytail that was tied behind her head, she was also wearing orange glasses and a puckered lips hairclip. She gazed at you with a neutral expression.

"Naxon, I'm glad we could finally meet." she says in a monotone, yet somehow snarky, voice. "I'm Sugarcoat."

"Why are you spying on me?"

"I honestly don't like spying, but we were ordered to."

"By who?"

"Principal Cinch. I'm telling you this because truthfully, I find you fascinating. Your skill, strength, and ability is amazing, and I hope to see more of it at the Friendship Games."

Sugarcoat decides to take her leave, but you stop her with your voice, "Wait." she turns to you, "One last question: why does this 'Principal Cinch' want you and your friends to spy on me?"

"First off, they're not my friends. Secondly, it's because she sees you as a threat to our school's reputation."

You raise an eyebrow as Sugarcoat begins to leave the farm. You decided to get back to work as Applejack returned to help.


Several hours later...

All the work for today was finished and the sun began to set over the horizon. You felt like you've grown stronger thanks to your new method of apple picking.

Level Up!
Lv. 5 > 6
HP: 35 +3 =38
MP: 29 +2 =31
STR: 16 +5 =21
MAG: 14 +2 =16
DEF: 17 +4 =21
SPD: 17 +3 =20
Crit. %: 11 +4 =15
Crit. Bonus: 15 +5 =20

You began to leave the farm when you hear an elderly voice call out to you, "Hold on there, sonny!" you turn to see the school lunch lady, Granny Smith, "Don'tcha wanna stay fer dinner?"

"Well..." you think about this for a second; it would be a good chance to know the Apple family better, plus you and Applejack didn't do much talking once you both began to work. You decided that this might be the best course of action, but... "One minute."

You take out your cell phone and dial Celestia's number, after the first couple of rings, she answers, you explain to her that you were helping the Apples with their farmwork and they requested for you to join them for dinner.

Celestia giggles on the other line, "Of course you can, just be home at a decent time, okay?"

You give her your word and hang up, putting your phone back in your pants pocket, "So, what are we having?"


Sweet Apple Acres - Farm House, 1st floor
Time of Day: Evening
Weather: Clear skies
Time: 7:42 PM

You all pile into the kitchen/dining room for dinner, which consisted of chicken leg quarters, homemade mashed potatoes with chicken flavored gravy, green beans, and, of course, apple flavored stuffing. It was all delicious, it certainly eased your fatigue-riddled mind as you made conversation with the rest of the family; Granny Smith was nearly one hundred years old, but she's still as spry as she used to be, Big Macintosh helps Apple Bloom with her homework from time to time, Applejack was training with Fluttershy for the upcoming Friendship Games as an archer, and Apple Bloom is helping her friends discover what they are all good at. Soon, dessert came along right after dinner, apple pie a-la-mode, you only had room for one slice and decided to save two other slices for Celestia and Luna.

OBTAINED
Apple pie a-la-mode x 2
Fully recovers HP and MP.

You began to say your thanks for the meal and goodbyes for the night until Applejack came up to you.

"Ah figured Ah should pay ya fer all yer hard work." Applejack pulls out her wallet, but you stop her.

"No need. Helping you was reward enough." you say.

Applejack smiles gratefully, "Thank ya, Naxon."

You have forged a Z-Link with Applejack.

You left the Apple family's land and headed back home. After arriving, you gave Celestia and Luna their slices of pie and headed up to your room.

Item(s) Removed
Apple pie a-la-mode x 2

You didn't bother to write in your diary or change into your pajamas, you were too exhausted. You passed out the moment your head hit the pillow.

Author's Note:

Statistics

Lv. 6
HP: 38/38
MP: 31/31
STR: 21 (+1)
MAG: 16
DEF: 21 (+1)
SPD: 20
Crit. %: 15
Crit. Bonus: 20

Inventory

Weapons

No. VII - Lunatic
No. VIII - Eternal Flames

Money

$100.00
Gift Card: $2.08 (Sugarcube Corner)

Armor

Black Coat (Defense +2)
Pajamas (Defense +1)
Wondercolt Uniform (Strength +1, Defense +1, Speed +1)
Swim Trunks (Speed +1, Water resistance +5%)
(E) Casual Clothes (Strength +1, Defense +1)

Items

Apple x 7 (+20 HP)
Fizzy Apple Cider x 5 (+50 HP)

Abilities
High Jump LV2
Shockwave (Lunatic only)
Burn, baby! (Eternal Flames only)
Air Slide LV1
Haste LV2

Magic
Fire

Key Items

Diary
Popsicle Stick
Seashell
Paper Stack
Luna's Pen
ePhone 6
Celestia's Number
Luna's Number
House Number
Pinkie's Number
Rainbow's Number
Wallet
ID Card
Canterlot Animal Shelter Flier
Class Schedule
Canterlot High School Map
Bronze Wondercolt Badge

Limit Breaks
VII - Berserk
VIII - Explosion

Z-Links

III - Rainbow Dash - Lv. 2/20
IV - Rarity - Lv. 1/20
V - Applejack - Lv. 1/20
VI - Trixie Lulamoon - Lv. 2/20
VII - Vice Principal Luna (Auntie Lulu) - Lv. 5/20
VIII - Principal Celestia (Mama Tia) - Lv. 5/20
XI - Fluttershy - Lv. 1/20
XII - Flash Sentry - Lv. 2/20
XIII - Sunset Shimmer - Lv. 1/20