• Published 2nd Dec 2014
  • 1,258 Views, 57 Comments

A Changeling Through Equestria - DeadEcho



Even in a the changeling hive there are the few which are good. I am one of those. I decided to run away since I didn't fit in, I never fitted in.

  • ...
20
 57
 1,258

Taken In

I slowly opened my iron eyes I heard some voices. They were soothing and caring in contrast to the acrid and apoplectic nature of the griffins I had seen before. I tried to move but I couldn't.

I had felt as if my chitin broke apart from the fall that had come from that rainbow. Wait how does a rainbow break rock? Maybe it was the sound from it or maybe it was magic like everything else around here.

I took a good look around to see that I was in a home. I had a very strong feeling of trepidation. Why would they take a changeling in if it weren't for malice or vindictiveness.

I didn't have any more time to ask questions as then a nanny mountain goat had come to me. I had a very strong feeling of perturbation at the moment.

"Hello there" the nanny said. I froze. What would I say? what could I say? I had to remember that first impressions were everything.

I attempted to say hello back to her but nothing came out.

The nanny"It's okay theres no reason to be afraid of me. What is your name?"

I said "I don't have a name the queen never named me."

"Awww you can't go around nameless. Everyone deserves a name."

"But what could my name be?"

"We can think of a name later dear you must be starving."

I then realized that I hadn't eaten in who knows how long and I couldn't just steal their love. She brought me a warm bowl of soup which I happily drank up.

The Nanny said "Would you like some more?."

"No thanks, I don't need anymore right now. I do have a question though. a Why are you being so kind to me? don't you think of changelings like cold ruthless beasts who steal love?"

"I think that everyone deserves to be shown a little kindness as it doesn't matter what they look on the outside. It just matters what's on the inside."

With all of that love my wounds from falling had healed and I felt good as new.

"Thank you umm... what's your name?"

"You me Lauren dear. I thought of a name for you recently."

"What is it?"

"Do you like the name Azalea?"

Author's Note:

Well I had writers block for a little while and one spiteful comment later I am still going. I will eventually go into why Azalea decided to become good but that will be for a later chapter:trollestia:
Just in case you're wondering a nanny is a female goat. You wouldn't believe how hard it was for me to make a name for this young nymph. Well at least the end result is good. :twilightsmile: