• Published 2nd Dec 2014
  • 1,258 Views, 57 Comments

A Changeling Through Equestria - DeadEcho



Even in a the changeling hive there are the few which are good. I am one of those. I decided to run away since I didn't fit in, I never fitted in.

  • ...
20
 57
 1,258

Shenanigans Ensue

I woke up from that horrible nightmare. I really didn't want to die. I shakily got up from my bed and noticed something different. It felt soft a fuzzy but I couldn't tell what it was. I had to ignore it. I had to get out and get some food. For the last few days I have been so busy with the various events that I couldn't even get the basic necessities needed to survive. The problem is where can I go to get food? I can't go into the town or I might be dissected or experimented on and I can't exactly hunt without equipment and I barely know any destructive magic. I do sometimes wish that I knew about the arcane arts because that would really help me. I made a decision that I had to be stealthy and get some food that way. This time I will not fail like the last 2 times I tried to hide and got caught.


I walked out the edge of the forest and explored a bit until I came upon and apple orchard. I swore I heard a theme song as I prepared to steal some apples. I don't know where that song came from but right now that was the least of my worries. I snuck up and saw that an orange colored apple pony with a huge red stallion bucking apples. She looked really familiar and then I realized she was with the others and she-demon that were trying to send me to Celestia. I couldn't let myself get caught and I couldn't let myself starve either. I needed to get just a few apples to sustain myself for a while longer. I snuck around to the barn and saw a few buckets of apples.


"Hey Big MacIntosh do you hear some weird music playing?"


"Eeyup"


"I really wish that we could've found that changeling though. Twilight is really upset that she let the Princess down. I tried to calm her but Equestria is a big place and the changeling could be anywhere. It wasn't her fault he got away."


Oh great they don't even know my gender. I sure hope if they somehow capture me they don't "check" to see what my gender is. I tried to grab a few apples but strangely my magic fizzled out. I noticed myself getting shorter and furrier which was strange. Last I checked I didn't use any magic to do this and there isn't another explanation. I looked at myself and I had white fur? I didn't have much longer so I just used my incisors to grab an apple and run.


"What in tarnation? Hey! get back here with my apple."


I hopped as fast as I could but it was no use. She ran faster then me.



"Oh great another one of Fluttershy's animals got away. Well I guess I am just going to have to deliver it to her myself."



Wait a second. That was what I was!? A rabbit!? I tried to struggle but I couldn't get of that pony's iron grip. I saw we got closer and closer to a cottage that I recognized before. It was the yellow one's house. I think her name is Shutterfly but I can't really remember. Kinda hard to listen to someone when you are in a panic. She spit me out and yellow for Fluttershy.



"Yes Applejack?"



"I found this varmint trying to steal my apples and retreat into the Everfree. I think he may be yours."



"Oh my, Thank you Applejack for finding a lost animal. I couldn't bear to think what would happen if he got hurt or killed."



The pegasus gently picked me up with her mouth and carried me to her cottage. Inside the cottage I noticed it was like a zoo. There were so many animal that even I couldn't name them all.



"There you go little one. You shouldn't run off into the Everfree Forest. Dangerous creatures live there and you could be hurt."



Wait a second I lived there for a few days and the most I've encountered was a sea serpent that I think was named Steven Magnet. I don't know if he told me his name or not but I am pretty sure he was called that. My stomach soon rumbled and the pegasus looked at me with worry.



"Oh sorry. I was too busy talking to you that I never noticed how hungry you were. Here let me go get you some food."



I wanted to escape, I truly did but I also really needed some food. I might just keep this ploy up for a bit longer.



"Here you go little one a nice juicy salad. I need to go to the market to get some more food so I'll be right back."


I looked at the salad and it looked delicious. Maybe it was because I was a bunny or maybe it was because I was hungry either way I was going to enjoy it. As I was about to eat it I noticed another bunny eyeing me evilly. I just ignored it but then it started to hop toward me. I kicked the salad out of my way and started to eat it. There was no way that that bunny was going to just steal my food. I kicked it back towards me and the bunny started to look upset. I quickly took a bite and then the bunny snapped.


The bunny lunged towards me and attacked. It attacked with a flurry of kicks to my forehead and it really hurt. It finished with a jump kick to my chest and I was knocked down. The bunny jumped on me and I could almost understand him.


This is my house and no one will get her. You will not steal her affection towards me or else. Now how about you give me that salad and no one gets hurt.


I noticed the other animals backing away from us and I tried to tell him that salad was mine but nothing came out. I couldn't take this lying down. I haven't eaten in more then 3 days. I needed that salad. I was willing to fight for it. I opened up with a strong kick to it's chest and it got knocked upwards. It gave me a really mean grimace and all the animals seemed to gasp. I heard the door start to rumble and Fluttershy came home.


"I'm back my little critters."


She looked at me with worry and noticed that I was noticeably injured.



"We need to get you some medical attention fast. Who could do such a thing."


I noticed the bunny whistling and acting all innocent.


"Angel do you know who could have done this?"


I saw the bunny shake and gave me an evil grin. By that time I was kinda wanting some hasenpfeffer. She grabbed me up and quickly patched me up. She then grabbed me and placed me in her bed.


"You need to get some rest so your wounds can heal up little critter."


Since I had nothing else to do with her around I slowly slumbered back into dreamland once more. Her warmth and kindness basking me to sleep.

Author's Note:

Welp Azalea is in another pickle. With Fluttershy mistaking her for one of her animal and having a demonic bunny after her it won't be good. You know I originally had Azalea's name to be Ebony but then I thought the name could be interpreted as racist so I switched it's name to a random flower name.