• Published 2nd Dec 2014
  • 1,258 Views, 57 Comments

A Changeling Through Equestria - DeadEcho



Even in a the changeling hive there are the few which are good. I am one of those. I decided to run away since I didn't fit in, I never fitted in.

  • ...
20
 57
 1,258

Azalea's Lament

I woke up with a silent scream escaping my throat. Why must I keep having these horrible nightmares? It's like a horrible god took control of my life and decided to torture me. The only bright side I can think of is that these dreams aren't real. It would be absolute discord if they managed to escape my mind. I looked around and saw that Fluttershy had a concerned look on her face. I might have panicked a little bit when I woke up from this nightmare.


"Oh my you poor thing. You must have had a nightmare. It's ok it isn't real and it won't hurt you."


She looked towards my leg and gasped.


"Where did this black goo come from? Here let me wash this off for you."


I don't remember there being an instance where I would get covered in black goo unless that that goo came from my dreams... Nah that can't possibly happen. It must have just come from somewhere else. I really hope that it didn't come from my dreams. Who knows what would would happen if they did escape. I hadn't have time to ponder what would or could happen for this mare seems to be able to read me like a book even though I speak no words I wonder how she does it though. I was lost in thought when I was brought back to reality with some cold water.


"It will be just a minute before I get this sludge off of you. Just hold still and relax."


No sooner after she said that had I saw the black sludge go down the drain with a gurgling noise with a hint of sadness as it disappeared from sight. She took me back to the bedroom and put me on the soft bed once more. She turned off the light and sung me a lullaby which started to lull me to sleep. NO I can't sleep again. I don't want to endure these stupid nightmares anymore. I won't sleep. I pretended to sleep and heard her say tell me good night little one and told me to have a sweet dream. I knew the irony was so cruel to me. I waited until her cute, quiet snoring began to take place and I quietly went to the kitchen to find some things to keep me awake. As I hopped along to the kitchen I heard a weird gurgling sound but when I turned around I saw nothing.


I hopped along and found the multitude of animals and saw the devil bunny sleeping. He does look cute when he's sleeping but he still had invisible devil horns. I really didn't want to wake him or I might be beat up again. I hopped on the opposite side of the side of the room and found the kitchen. Now for the coffee and energy drinks.


I found some writing which I couldn't really read in the dark but I think it was some kind of energy tea which would also help to wake me up. It said to seep it in warm water for 3 minutes then drink. I got a glass and poured a warm glass of water then ripped the teabag with my incisors then let it seep. I just waited while thinking about what might happen which gave me extra incentive not to fall asleep then I waited a bit more. The water gave a nice smell and which I think it was ready so I drank it. It tasted great and soon enough the glass was completely empty. I wiped off the liquid from my face and looked at what kind of tea it was. I saw on the packet "Extra Sleepy Chamomile Tea With Honey" My vision started to go blurry and my one thought before I faded to nightmare land was whoever is doing this to me should go screw itself to Tartarus.

Author's Note:

The goo that came from could have manifested from Azalea's nightmares and could grow stronger with fear. Who knows I might actually do that.