• Published 28th Apr 2012
  • 734 Views, 9 Comments

The Canterlot Assassin - Dr. John Trotson



The second installment of the Adventures of Sherlock Hooves.

  • ...
 9
 734

The Ruined Reunion

Book 2: The Canterlot Assassin

My little pony and characters are owned by hasbro. Sherlock Holmes and Dr. John Watson are property of Sir Arthur Conan Doyle. Sherlock Hooves and Dr. John Trotson are my creations so if you use them give credit to me. End of legal stuff.




Chapter 1
The ruined reunion.

Darkness surrounding the one light in the middle of it that blinded me. I was strapped to a chair with a metal cap strapped to my head.
"Life is a frail thing John," a voice came from the darkness," you never really know when your life will end." I didn't see who was the source of the sound, but I knew he smiled as saying the last part. Now he moved to to a switch on the wall that suddenly was visible and then said words that I didn't quite hear at the time, then pulled the switch.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Brightness; I was on still on the train. The very peculiar dream had started me so much that a woke up flailing around like a mad-horse knocking a tray from a waiters back. I apologized greatly. The train finally arrived at the Canterlot station, so I grabbed my baggage and got off the train.
As I got off off, I was greeted by a smiling Sherlock Hooves. I walked over and embraced him; I know it's a bit sappy but given the events on the train, (see "A Study in Pinkie") I think it is necessary, then thumped him on the head.
"Ow", he exclaimed," was that necessary?!"
"Considering the events on the train, I think yes, it's necessary!" I shot back.
"Oh come now John," he shot playfully," you do know how I love dramatic exits."
"Well you could have 'exited dramatically' after helping me with Pinkamina!" I exclaimed-almost screaming- to a stern looking Sherlock."You could have told at least you weren't dead"!
"John," Sherlock finally said," I had to make it believable. If you and her knew I was alive, things would have gone much differently, and if I would of had to make the choices I would if that were the case, then I wouldn't be able to live with my self."
"May I ask what those choices would have been?" I asked.
He thought for a moment then finally said,"It involved explosives." And he walked away.
I pondered that for a moment, then shook that thought out and trotted after him.
"So," I asked,"what is in store today?"
-------------------------------------
-------------------------------------
"A what?!" I exclaimed to sherlock as we rode along in a carriage taking us to the royal Canterlot Castle itself.
"There has been a threat recently that concerns the safety of the princesses and all of Equestria." Sherlock explained," I'm not allowed to say yet but I but I believe it is the work of Pinkamina's greater known accomplices."
"Who?" I asked for the fiftieth time.
"Like I said," he continued, I can't really throw names around."
Frustrated I finally gave up and decided to get some quick shut eye; something which I haven't gotten much of since this whole mess started, but alas, I would not dream sweetly...
--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Darkness; in the middle a bright light blinding me, but less intense than before. I was strapped into what seemed like an electric chair. I the looked around, so much as my head would let me, and saw movement.
I could somewhat now see a life form standing in the the corner of the room. He noticed I was now conscience and spoke.
"Ah, wonderful, you're awake!" the figure said." I was afraid that you would be asleep when I killed you ." he laughed as if it were a joke between him and I.
I tried to speak, but all I heard was a muffled mess. He laughed again and it sent me spinning. I regained my stature as he was continuing to say stuff that I couldn't understand. I finally could understand him as he said,"Life is a frail thing John, you never really know when your or someone else's life will end. And sometimes, when that life is someone of important status," he said as he moved to a switch on the wall," people tend to worry a lot more, then they start to panic, then it becomes absolute chaos." he pulled the switch.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------

"John!"
"John!"
I got up with a start.
"My Celestia, you sir, are a heavy sleeper!" Sherlock exclaimed.
"Where are we?" I asked.
"Welcome, Dr. Watson, to Canterlot Castle." said a female voice.
I turned away from Sherlock and looked out of the carriage to come snout to stout with a dark purple pony. I jumped back in my seat in surprise. The dark purple pony who I then realized was princess Luna giggled at my display and stepped back. Sherlock and I got out of the carriage and greeted her.
She was surround by guards that looked around constantly. She lead us back to the castle and got to meet princess Celestia in the dining hall.
"Ah, Sherlock, John, I'm glad you could make it," she said as she ushered one of her servants to get us seats. We sat down and got briefed about the situation at hoof and how it affects the kingdom and all of Equestria. How every thing as we know it can go crazy if this threat is not dealt with properly.
I thought back to my dream. "I have a bad feeling about this whole thing, Sherlock." I whispered to him.
"Oh you worry too much." He whispered back.
Solve a case they said; it will be fine they said, I thought to myself.
After dinner we went up to the guest bed chambers and got some sleep. Well not exactly...
--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Darkness; in the middle a bright light blinding me, but less intense than before. I was strapped into an electric chair. I the looked around, so much as my head would let me, and saw movement.
I could somewhat now see a life form standing in the the corner of the small room I was in. He noticed I was now conscience and spoke.
"Ah, wonderful, you're awake!" the figure said." I was afraid that you would be asleep when I killed you ." he laughed as if it were a joke between him and I.
"You're crazy!" I managed to get out.
He laughed again, "If you only knew, John!"he got face to anoint with me; his face was terrifying, he had different pieces of animals on him. He moved away from me and continued, "Life is a frail thing John, you never really know when your or someone else's life will end. And sometimes, when that life is someone of important status," he said as he moved to a switch on the wall and stuck out an arm; it was strangely a lions arm, "people tend to worry a lot more, then they start to panic, then it becomes absolute chaos." he pulled the switch.

End of chapter 1.
If you would be so kind as to comment saying if you like the story or if I can improve it.
Any thing helps!

Comments ( 9 )

does this have anyting to do with SAS cuz i typed that in and it brought meh here

587407 The best special army unit in the world owned by Great Britain, 10x better than Delta force

590724 well Sherlock and John are British but no it has no relation.

590731 well what i mean SAS are a ARMY unit, not a fucking detective lol

590735 have you even read the story? Or looked at the title? Lol:derpytongue2:

590740 ah shit:facehoof::facehoof::facehoof::facehoof::facehoof::facehoof::facehoof: have a like anyway brah

Login or register to comment