• Published 25th Apr 2012
  • 682 Views, 22 Comments

Love Sick - Mr. Self Destruct



The story of DJ Soul, A Stallion who mastered the art of music and influenced one particular pony

  • ...
1
 22
 682

Chapter 6

Authors Notes

So I have finally finished Love Sick. Life has kept me pretty preoccupied and I haven’t had the chance to finish it until late. I actually almost forgot about it! Well, it’s long overdue but for those who followed it, I hope you enjoyed it!

First I would like to let people in on the secret of the inspiration of this story. There is a series of songs called Luv (Sic) by Nujabes. Nujabes was my DJ Soul and Luv Sic is a 5 part song series in which each chapter represents each part of the series. (Chapter 3 is about Part 3, etc) Nujabes actually created the series up until part three where he passed away in February of 2010. At the time of writing this story, only 5 parts were finished though a new part came out after I had already written part 4. Regardless, the entire song that was the inspiration can be heard in a link below. I even listened to the song as I wrote this, as if DJ Soul was the one mixing the songs as I wrote about it. Maybe you should listen while you read this, it might give you a better representation of what I wanted this to be.

Link - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zu-0619LfyY
Part 6 - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fu3vfI0vNZA

Secondly, I would like to thank so many people who helped me write this. EXOLIF aka Glove, was my main proofreader for this story and he helped me tremendously. I have to thank him first for taking from his free time to help a stranger at the time. I’m glad to have made a new friend as well. Also I want to thank those who mentioned my story at Bronycon 2012 and helped me gain a bit of exposure and said that my story was a “Hidden gem”. Also, thanks to Daniel Murphy for being my best friend and supporting the story. I want to thank Kyrinox, even if we don’t talk anymore, he did follow the story and gave me some good pointers on how to better it. I also want to thank Drgnwolf who did come from the Struggling Authors group to help me get my final two chapters in order so that I could bring them to you guys. He did a great job and I’m very thankful as he helped let me put in the final piece of this story. Finally, I want to thank all those who followed this story, gave it a thumbs up, and all around enjoyed reading it. Thank you for reading all of this as well!

Please, support me! I have a facebook page where I post my non-pony stuff as I aspire to be a scriptwriter. My pony stuff will be posted there as well, no worries. Please, go like the page and help the page grow! I do things like give-a-ways and such for my fans in appreciation as well. The link is provided below.

Link - https://www.facebook.com/pages/Soul/337561249682147

Again, thank you for reading and I truly hope you enjoyed the story!

Comments ( 0 )
Login or register to comment