• Published 16th Feb 2015
  • 7,558 Views, 514 Comments

The Red Cyclone - Onomonopia

  • ...
11
 514
 7,558

But It Is Time to Fight!

Tenna eyed the creature before him carefully, not sure what to make of the beast that stood across the courtyard from him. Saying that it was massive was an understatement, as the creature towered over him completely and was far more muscular. But despite the sheer size of the beast, Tenna also noticed that it had scars that covered all of it's muscles, with some scars Tenna wasn't exactly sure how they were possible. But those thoughts had to be cast aside as the creature began to lumber towards him.

"So you must be Chrysalis's new pet that I've heard so much about," Tenna laughed as he began to walk towards the lumbering giant, eager to match his power against the giants. "I have heard stories about you among the weaklings in my group about how you took down fifteen of my changelings with relative ease."

"They fought like cowards and I crushed them as such," Zangief snarled in reply as he brought his hands in front of his face, watching the changeling before him carefully incase of any sudden movements. 'He may be small, but I have fought small before and they have been surprisingly strong. And this one has no fear in his eyes unlike the others. This one has the eyes of a warrior!'

"Be...careful Zangief, he's far stronger than he lets on," Chrysalis panted weakly as she used her magic to try and wake her daughter up, ignoring the copious amounts of green blood that she was losing. "His magic is also far stronger than I remember. Be wary of it."

"Heh, his cowardly magic shall not hurt my body! And I shall take care Chrysalis. Take care to crack him like egg." Zangief let out a roar as he lifted both hands over his head and charged at the changeling, who backed away at first in fear at the sight of the monster that was Zangief rushing towards him. But his training overcame his fear and he let his wings buzz with power as they hoisted him into the air. He watched with a smile as Zangief struck down only to find empty air, giving Tenna the chance to attack.

"You're open!" he yelled as he dove down at the Russian wrestler with both forward hooves extended, driving them between the shoulders on Zangief's back. The force of the impact staggered Zangeif for a moment, but to Tenna's shock Zangief spun around and grabbed Tenna with his meaty hands that felt like steel traps, lifting the changeling over his head before slamming him into the ground at the mighty cyclones feet.

"And you are no match for my Russian might," Zangief snarled as he lifted his boot to crush the insect beneath his feet, yet when he stomped down all he felt was stone. His neck muscles all pulled at once to turn Zangief's head back towards the changeling, who was aloft with his wings buzzing rapidly. "How long to you plan to hide in the sky? Come down and face me!"

"You are indeed a strong one," Tenna said in a tone that almost sounded like lust. "Powerful. Quick. Able to take a blow to deliver one. Yes, I shall enjoy fighting you!" His body began to shake as his form began to morph, Tenna leaving behind his insect like body to become something that looked slightly more humanoid, although with more insect like attachments. The new monster slammed into the ground and slowly lifted its six eyes to Zangief, who shook his head once before taking up his fighting stance again.

"Change your appearance all you like. The result of this fight shall be the same." Tenna responded by lunging forward at Zangief, both of his limbs outstretched as he rushed towards the wrestler. Zangief hesitated for a moment before he crouched down and stuck out his tree trunk like leg, timing it perfectly so that Tenna's own feet were knocked out from beneath him, sending him sprawling across the courtyard stone.

Tenna quickly regained his footing and charged Zangief once again, though this time he lunged on all fours to prevent being tripped again. Zangief laughed once before throwing his arms over his head once again and charging the advancing beast. The two collided and Tenna drove his enhanced shoulder into the gut of Zangief, causing the Red Cyclone to skid back a bit. But then Tenna felt two hands slam into his back, practically doubling him over as Zangief wrapped his hands around the changeling's gut and hoisted him onto his shoulders.

"Flying Powerbomb!" Zangief cried out as he leapt into the air with his foe and drove him back first into the ground, causing the changeling to scream as green cracks appeared all along his outer shell from the force of the impact. Zangief leapt into the air and prepared for his flying body attack, but Tenna changed back to his regular size and slipped away, leaving only the ground for Zangief to deliver the splash to, which wasn't fair to the ground because it didn't deserve it.

"Fleeing once again? It seems that cheating is the only way for you to win," Zangief taunted as he rose back to his seven feet of height, turning to see Tenna once again standing across the courtyard from him. But to Zangief's increasing surprise, their was no fear or anger in the changelings eyes. instead, his eyes were filled with child like glee and happiness, which, along with the toothy smile he had, made him far more terrifying that if he had been angry.

"You are almost everything I could ask for in a fighter," Tenna said with a sick chuckle, his smile growing even wider as he laughed and caused Zangief to be wary of his foe for the first time. Then Tenna's horn began to glow with a sick green light, illuminating his eyes to the point where he looked down right menacing. "Sadly it seems that your only flaw is that you cannot use magic. Oh if only you could then you would be perfect, but alas...oh well, I still thank you for giving me a true fight for the first time in so long. And that is all there is left to say. So long."

"Zangief...run!" Chrysalis weakly cried as she threw herself over her sleeping daughter. "That is the piercing spell! If he hits you with that even your muscles will not be able to save you!"

"It is fine Chrysalis. His magic will not save him," Zangief said with sheer defiance as he planted both of his red boots into the cracked stone, opening his arms and smirking at the changeling.

"Brave and stupid to the end! I will miss you Zangief!" Tenna roared before firing his spell towards the human. The spell took on the shape of an arrow as it pierced through the air while sailing towards it's target. Tenna wore a smile of victory, certain that he had won, when the unexpected happened before his eyes.

Zangief smirked at the advancing spell before he turned his body and began to spin, bringing his arm up to his shoulder as he did so. When he completely turned around he then began to swing his hand down, right into the path of the spell. Tenna thought him mad for a moment until his eyes, and Zangief's hand, were both illuminated by the green light that erupted from his palm. The hand burning with green fire connected with the spell...and banished it right out of existence. Tenna's eyes widened with both shock and delight as Zangief lifted his burning hand towards his face, illuminating his eyes in the way Tenna's horn had done for him.

"As I said Chrysalis," Zangief began with victory on his face while Chrysalis looked at the Russian with only disbelief on hers. "His magic will not save him."

Tenna looked on as the burning hand went out with a huge smile upon his face before he let out a laugh and took to the skies again, his laugh filling the air as he hurled himself towards the Red Cyclone with his magic forming an arrow around him. Zangief waited a beat before he hopped back, allowing Tenna to slam to his hooves right in front of Zangief, which was right where Zangief wanted him.

"For mother Russia! Ultimate-!" Zangief's words were cut off as a blinding flash of light that erupted in the courtyard, blinding both him and the queen. In the chaos caused by the sudden illumination two changelings with red marks flew in and grabbed Tenna, both of them flying him into the skies before the other regained their sight. When they all could see again, Zangief let out a roar of frustration when he found his opponent gone. "What a coward! Doesn't even let me deliver the final blow! Hmph," he grumbled as he turned back to look at Chrysalis, who was laying over her daughter and breathing heavily.

"Will you...shut up about your match...and get me to a hospital?" she said with as much anger as she could muster into her voice, but the sheer exhaustion prevented her from sounding menacing. Zangief bent down and gently lifted her into his arms before reaching down for Insectum as well.

"What happened?" the princess asked as she suddenly sat up.

←↙↓↘→↗+H

"Oh my Faust oh my Faust oh my Faust!" Insectum hyperventilated as she paced back and forth in front of the black doors to the hospital room where he mother was being operated on, fear burning in her eyes as she awaited any sign that her mother was alright. While she paced all of the other changelings eyes were on Zangief, who was sitting on a chair that was far to small for him. "I cant believe that I slept through all of that! I don't know what I would have done if mom had died while I was fast asleep! Argh, why did I spend the past week staying up past midnight?"

"Are you certain that you do not have any larger chairs? I cannot feel my behind," Zangief asked her, only to be ignored as she continued to talk to herself.

"Oh, I'm going to tear Tenna limb from limb personally the next time he even dares to show his face around me! I hate being the damsel in distress!" she screamed at herself as her wings began to buzz with anger. "And I hate others who dare to hurt my mother for doing the best that she can giving a crappy situation! Ohoho when I get my hooves on him...!"

"Now I think that the chair is stuck to me. A little help?"

"Excuse me, princess?" a doctor said as he opened the door to Chrysalis' room, Insectum racing over to him with such speed that she simply seemed to materialize before the doctor, who yelped at her speed before regaining his professionalism. "The operation is over and we're happy to tell you that the queen is going to make it." Insectum let out a sigh of relief as she collapsed to the floor, tears of joy falling down her face. "However, we couldn't reattach her left leg, so she'll have issues walking around until we can build a replacement. We do not know if we can save her eye yet either."

"I don't care, as long as she's alive," Insectum said as she rose back to her hooves. "Can I go see her?"

"Certainly." The doctor moved aside and let the princess rush into the room, shaking his head with a small smile on his face as he turned to leave, only to come face to face with the massive Zangief, who looked down at him with an embarrassed look.

"Um, can you remove the chair that has fastened itself to my behind?" Zangief asked the doctor, who looked around Zangief to see that the chair he had been sitting on was now in a match with the wrestler and had clamped on a submission of its own.

"Sorry sir, but that was my last operation for the day. Please take a seat and somepony will be with you shortly." The changeling snickered at his own joke as he walked by Zangief and towards the exit, leaving the wrestler little choice but to walk into the room with the chair still fastened to him. He saw Chrysalis lying in bed with her daughter sitting on a stool next to her, Insectum brushing her mothers mane lightly as Chrysalis cracked open an eye to look at Zangief.

"You look...like a winner," she said to him in a weak voice, but he could still hear her snark within the exhaustion. Zangief grunted as he leapt into the air and brought all of his weight down on the chair, crushing it into sawdust beneath his weight. As he got back up he could see a bandaged wrapped around Chrysalis's front left leg at the elbow, reminding him what she had lost. She also had a bandage over her right eye, only allowing one of her eyes to mock him as he walked besides the bed.

"I am glad to see that his horrible injury has not crippled your fighting spirit." Chrysalis raised an eyebrow at his choice of wording, wondering if he had done it on purpose or if he was just that stupid. She then remembered who she was thinking about and she closed her eye with a small chuckle, appreciating the joke that Zangief didn't know that he made.

"Please, I've been running this nation for years. Getting attacked by a psycho is nothing to me," she said as she turned to look at her daughter with a smile, reaching out to brush her mane before realizing that she was missing that arm. Chrysalis sighed as she let her stump fall back to the bed before looking at Zangief without the fire in her eye. "I guess this time I have to thank you out loud. You...did more than save me, you saved my daughter as well and stopped a crazed changeling from ending our bloodline. I owe you."

"Hahaha! If all your foes are all so easy to dispose of then your hive will have no enemies by the end of the week!" he bragged with a smile as he towered over the two, Chrysalis rolling her eyes while Insectum looked up at Zangief with admiration in hers for the wrestler.

"You know, a lot of changelings were present at the time of the battle and they all know what you did," Insectum began, turning both Zangief and her mother's attention to her. "And with the rumors flying around it seems that nearly everypony in the hive knows that you fought of Tenna. They all want to repay you somehow." Zangief placed his fist under his chin as he thought about how they could repay him before his gaze strayed to the exhausted Chrysalis and her worried daughter, a smile crossing his face as he thought of the perfect answer.

"Then we shall have a partiya!" he exclaimed with a laugh while the changelings looked at him with confusion. "We shall throw a massive party for all of the changelings to celebrate the defeat of their great foe! There will be drinking, music and of course...DANCING!" He began to hum a tune to himself while Chrysalis grabbed her pillow and covered her face with it, her daughter laughing as she patted her mother on the shoulder.

"Come on mom, you could use a break and a party sounds great right about now," Insectum suggested. Chrysalis took the pillow off of her face and looked at her daughter, her defiance fading in the face of Insectum's smile.

"Fine. But I get first dibs on the alcohol."