• Published 16th Feb 2015
  • 7,484 Views, 513 Comments

The Red Cyclone - Onomonopia

  • ...
11
 513
 7,484

The Last Round

Concrete was slowly dug up from where it had been laid by the metallic boots of the Steel Tornado as Zangief was pushed back despite himself, pushed back by the overwhelming power that came from his own body. His hands were locked against Tenna's and he struggled to push back with the machines own incredible power, but Tenna continued to push him back, continued to simply outmatch Gief.

"Pathetic Zangief, absolutely pathetic," Tenna berated as he swung his foot forward and drove home a red boot right between Zangief's eyes, snapping his skull back and nearly knocking him over. With a roar of pain Zangief managed to catch himself and retaliated by straining against Tenna's strength. "At least try to put up a fight!" Tenna demanded as he broke his grasp and placed his hands underneath Zangief's arms, lifting the metal titan above his head before slamming Zangief back down skull first into solid concrete.

"I...will not let you win!" Zangief roared in defiance as he threw a meaty right out of nowhere, catching Tenna on the jaw and sending the changeling body snatcher staggering backwards. Zangief then went low and stuck his leg out, striking Tenna in his ankles, resulting in Tenna's feet from being knocked out from under him and sending him sprawling to the floor. Zangief shot up as he knocked his foe down and held his arms over his head to pose, doing so more out of memory then actually expecting praise.

'Why do I bother?" Gief asked himself as his sensors looked around to see not a single smiling face in the audience, as all eyes were instead locked on Tenna as he pushed himself back to a standing position with a smirk on his face. Zangief lowered his arms and took up his fighting stance again as Tenna chuckled.

"You will not let me win? So far you seem to have a hard enough time just trying to survive, let alone try to counter attack," Tenna observed with a toothy grin before he bound into the sky with one push of Zangief's mighty legs, allowing him to reach Zangief a moment later with both knees outstretched. The tips of the knees struck Zangief in the skull and stunned him just long enough for Tenna to land back on the ground, leaving him completely open to Tenna's next move.

"And it seems that you can't even do that!" Tenna laughed as he forced Zangief down and locked him in position for the piledriver, before leaping into the skies and spinning like a cyclone as he ascended. The two came crashing back down a moment later and Zangief landed on his head hard, shattering the floor of the arena and causing him to crumple to the floor as Tenna leapt back. "So tell me, oh protector of the Russian skies, how are you going to win?"

Zangief found that he had no answer as he pushed himself back to a vertical base, finding to his dismay that one of his eyes was cracked in three different spots, making it extremely hard to see out of that eye. He was also aware that his neck has lost some of it's ability to move and his arms also had wires and bits of metal sticking out of them at odd angles.

'He...he is right. I have no answer. No move, not solution; nothing that can win me this fight,' Zangief admitted as Tenna rushed towards him with both hands raised over his head, Zangief not able to see that he was flashing with a yellow tint because of his bad eye. So when Zangief tried to stop the bear hug by kicking Tenna in the gut, he found that his attack was absorbed and that he had given Tenna the perfect opportunity to powerbomb him.

"FOOL!" Tenna bellowed as he slapped both his hands into the Steel Tornado's back, doubling Zangief over as he felt hands wrap around his waist and hoist him over Tenna's head. Tenna then took both of them to the air before he shattered the concrete with the back of his foe, causing sparks to erupt all along the joints of the Steel Tornado while his vision flickered. "Seems that I overestimated you Zangief. Once broken, you are hardly even worth my time to kill," Tenna said with a disappointed shake of his head as his foe continued to lay motionless on the ground, before he cast his gaze to the crowd with a smirk. "And it seems that not one of these creatures will mourn you. How sad-"

"Come on you incompetent oaf, get up off the ground and do the one thing that you're good at!" Tenna visibly flinched at the piercing voice that rang loud in both his and the Steel Tornado's ears, causing Tenna to slowly turn his head to the spot where Chrysalis was sitting next to her daughter with a venomous snarl.

"Chrysalis, only you are foolish enough to support a fighter who is already defeated," Tenna insulted as he glared at her in the front row, but all his words did was give Chrysalis incentive to throw her head back as she laughed in Tenna's face.

"I like to root for the hopeless case Tenna, a case that you should know all too much about," Chrysalis snarled back with a defiant glare before her eye glimmered for a second and a wicked smile broke out across her face. "And you should know better than to take your eyes off a foe that isn't beaten." A swear used only by the changelings escaped Tenna's lips as he turned around to see Zangief standing right behind him. Zangief reached forward to grab him, but then the sound of glass shattering could be heard and Gief was knocked back, surprise in both his and the crowds eyes as Tenna broke the throw.

"And you should know Chrysalis," Tenna taunted as he swung his mighty leg forward and placed the side of his boot right on the bridge of Zangief's nose, forcing the giant made of metal back. "That I always have a plan for everything. Now then Zangief, what should I do with you?" Tenna asked Zangief as he began to march forward, smirking as he noticed Zangief slowly backing away from him. "Say, how about I use a move that I haven't gotten the chance to use yet? Something called...the Final Atomic Buster."

Tenna didn't need to look into Zangief's eyes to know that there was fear within them, for instead he decided to leap into the air to close the gap between the two of them. He landed in front of his metallic foe with a menacing smile on his face, preparing himself for what was to come next. And then, just as he predicted, Zangief once again leapt back into the air to try and escape one of the most dangerous moves that he had ever created. But just like before, Tenna was ready for him.

"Are you watching, Chrysalis?!" Tenna asked as he leapt into the air after Gief and swung his arms back, Zangief's eyes going wide as he realized that he had fallen for the same trick twice. That twice Tenna had used his own fears to trap him within the blizzard. Tenna's massive hands grabbed Zangief around the waist before the both of them rocketed into the sky, Tenna wrapping Zangief into a headlock as they both began to spin with the speed of a cyclone.

"SIBERIAN!" The two of them climbed higher and higher until the reached the zenith of the cyclone, where Tenna threw Zangief over his head and caught him in position for the finisher. "BLIZZARD!" Nearly all in the crowd looked away as Zangief was driven head and spin into the concrete, creating a crater with his body as that same body burst forth with sparks.

"UUUUURRRRRAAAAAHHHHH!!" Zangief yelled as he collapsed to his back, where he remained motionless while Tenna threw back his head and began to laugh in victory. The crowd was dead silent after witnessing Zangief take the Siberian Blizzard, with the only sound being heard for miles was the laugh of the victor.

"It is over," Celestia said with bitter defeat ringing in her voice as Luna nodded in agreement, Twilight having looked away from the battle when she saw Zangief get trapped within the blizzard. "Tenna has won." Twilight lifted her head and cast it across the crowd, finding herself unable to disagree with her mentors words. All of the ponies and the changelings within the crowd had the same look that Celestia wore. A look of defeat. Tenna drunk in the faces of the broken hearted with a laugh before he turned towards Chrysalis, who was looking at him with gritted teeth and eyes full of rage.

"If it wasn't you Chrysalis, I wouldn't believe it to be possible, but congratulations. For you believed in the wrong fighter," Tenna boasted as he placed his fists upon his hips as he began to laugh, causing Chrysalis to shake with rage at his boasting. "But that just goes to show what a foolish leader you are. Do not worry, for when I rule your kingdom, I will make sure that I do not make the same mistakes as you, such as putting my trust in one so weak!" Tenna taunted as he threw back his head while laughing.

"What mistake?" Chrysalis asked in an enraged whisper that shook her whole body, causing Tenna to stop laughing and turn towards her again with an amused look. The changelings and ponies around her looked down at her as well as she lifted her head, showing that there were tears in her eyes from her rage. "I beat Zangief, I verbally assaulted him; hell, I told him to his face day in and day out that he was an idiot of the highest caliber and I would be happier if he was gone. And I wasn't lying most of the time, that's how I truly felt."

"And in return, what does that complete moron do for me? He saves the children of my people, saves both me and my daughter's life when I was powerless to do so and he even went so far as to challenge all of Equestria with his own life on the line to feed my people! And he did all of this despite the way I talked to and treated him!" Chrysalis full on shouted, her raga causing all of those around her to back away slowly, all except for her daughter who looked up at her mother. "I have never met one so kind, so simply, so SELFLESS as I have Zangief. Somepony who fights solely for others and is willing to do anything for them just to bring a smile to their faces."

"So am I a fool for believing that Zangief could beat you? For believing in a nice guy? Probably," Chrysalis bitterly admitted before she looked up at Tenna with a determination that neither Tenna nor Insectum had ever seen before from the changeling queen. "But I put my faith in him, my belief in him, not because I believed he couldn't lose, but because I wanted him to win! I wanted to believe that the strongest don't use their power to crush others, that those who are mighty don't try to kill a family for a throne or so they can be ruler of the land! I wanted to see a day where somepony who fights simply to bring smiles to the faces of children would not be seen as a sign of weakness, but of the greatest strength! So that is why put my faith in Zangief! Because he showed me what it truly means to be strong!"

Tenna stayed silent at Chrysalis's words for a moment before he gave her a pitiless laugh as he slowly shook his head from side to side. "Then you are an even greater fool than the oaf. For I have just proven that those who use their power to crush others shall always triumph over those who seek to use power to aid others. As for your belief, it seems that you are the only one who truly believes that. All of these other creatures, they gave up on Zangief the moment he lost. Because they are smart. They know that it is foolish to put your faith in anypony else besides the strongest. And that's why all of them believed I would win. Because I am the strongest."

"Wrong." This time the voice that spoke was not from Chrysalis, but from the small changeling sitting next to her. Tenna tilted his head slightly so he could look down at the small princess, who glared up at him with a look that made her mother proud. "You're wrong. Your strength is not the strongest! You had to steal it to become as strong as you are! Zangief was not strong because he stole his power, but because...because he got his power from us. Because we believe in him."

"And if I recall correctly, you and the rest of the changelings gave up on him the moment he lost," Tenna reminded her with a smirk.

"I did. I thought that Zangief was unbeatable, so when you finally managed to beat him I was heartbroken, because I thought he had failed me," Insectum admitted before glaring up at Tenna again. "But I had failed him. I wasn't there when he needed me and because of that he lost confidence in himself! But I know he can beat you! Because Zangief said if I believe in him, then he will triumph! So I know he can beat you! I believe in him!" Her words pierced not only through the air, but through all of the changelings in the arena, all of who looked down at the broken machine in the center of the arena that had done so much for them.

"You are both idiots. Do you really believe that-"

"" believe as well!" Tenna's words were cut off as a changeling on the other side of the stadium yelled out in agreement with Insectum, causing both princess and queen to turn towards the voice. Tenna turned to yell at him before another called out as well, followed by another, another and then another. And in a matter of moments, nearly all of the changelings in the crowd were chanting for Zangief, as if their words would give him the power he needed to defeat Tenna.

"You are all fools!" Tenna bellowed at them, looking around at the changelings with rage and confusion. "I have proven myself superior! I have shown that I am the strongest! Why would you put your hopes on a man that I have beaten beyond repair?!" he screamed in confusion. Then a sound reached his ears over the bellowing of the changelings. It was the sound of a machine rising to it's knees. Tenna slowly turned to see that Zangief, who should have been broken beyond repair, had risen to his knees.

'You...all still believe in me?' Zangief asked himself as he slowly lifted his head upward, as if he was truly looking at the changelings in the crowd for the first time. His eyes locked onto Chrysalis and Insectum's face, trying to find some doubt or hints of a lie. But all their faces did was show that their words were true.

"I am such a fool," he whispered, but the moment he spoke the crowd went silent as if shot. "When you took my body from me, when you shattered their belief in me, I truly believe that I had lost everything. That because of you I had failed them. But I forgot the most important rule of a wrestler," Zangief began as he pushed himself back to his feet, his eyes a dark red as he looked at Tenna. "If your fans are crying, help them to find their smile again. If they are hurt, find a way to wipe away their pain. And if they have lost all faith, give them a reason to believe again."

"I have failed in all ways, failed all of you. Not because of Tenna, but because of myself. I was so concerned with myself, with my losses, that I did not care that you were sad, I ignored that you were in pain and I gave you reason not to believe in me," Zangief admitted before he turned his head so that he could look at all in the crowd, taking in all of them before he turned his enraged eyes back to Tenna. "But you all still chose to believe in me once again, even after I have fallen so far. You truly all are the greatest supporters that I could ask for, greater than one like me deserves. But if all of you are truly behind me, truly supporting me with your strength, then I cannot lose. This time, I shall win."

"A nice sentiment Zangief, but I have already beaten you time and time again!" Tenna roared as he leapt into the air with his arms and legs outstretched, preparing to deliver a splash. But to his shock the Red Cyclone leapt into the air and flung both feet forward, knocking Tenna back down to the floor with a dropkick. "How did you do that? A moment ago you could barely stand!"

"Because now I finally remember what makes me me. It is not the muscles, nor the dancing, nor the body that was forged in the Russian wilderness! I am not any of those things," Zangief bellowed with a confidence that made the crowd listening to his every word roar with excitement. "I am the champion who fights for those who are weak! I am the wrestler who brings smiles to the faces of children! And no matter how many times you beat me down, no matter what you do to me, with their cheers and love and their support I shall find a way to get back up! To find a way to win! That is what a true wrestler does! And I am the greatest wrestler of all time. I am Zangief, the Red...CYCLONE!"

The changelings in the crowd bellowed with support as Zangief threw himself forward, green fire flashing off his hands as he swung his palm into Tenna's face. The blow staggered Tenna long enough for Zangief to dash forward and show the body snatcher how to properly do the spinning piledriver.

"HHHOOOORRRRRRIIIIYYYYYAAAHHHH!" Zangief yelled as he launched himself and Tenna far higher into the sky than anypony within the stadium thought possible, spinning with such speeds that a vacuum was created and nearly sucked some of the changelings out of their seats. When the pair returned to earth Tenna was slammed into the stadium floor with such strength that shockwaves were generated by the impact. Zangief released him and leapt back as Tenna slowly staggered back up. With a roar of rage Tenna tried to return the favor by unleashing a banishing flat of his own, but Zangief hopped back with a smile as Tenna left himself in range for the double suplex.

"TOO LATE!" Zangief roared as he slipped around behind Tenna before proceeding to dump him on his head twice. Zangief leapt into the air almost immediately after he performed this move, watching as Tenna rose to his feet before he outstretched his arms and legs. Tenna looked up to see all the thousand pounds of Gief come slamming down on him. "Now then, how about I return the favor from earlier and deliver another S.P.D.?" Tenna quickly rose to his feet at the mention of the piledriver and jumped straight up to try to escape another blow. But this time it was Zangief that as ready for him.

Zangief leapt straight up after Tenna and cracked the changelings skull with a massive headbutt that shook the ground, knocking Tenna straight back down with stars circling around his head. in his stunned state he was unable to do anything as Zangief landed in front of him with a smile as he threw back his arms.

"HOORRRIIIYYYAAAHHH!" Zangief bellowed as he wrapped both his arms and slipped behind Tenna lifting him into the air to deliver a suplex. "FINAL!" Zangief began as he hurled Tenna over his head and slammed him neck first into the ground with such force that it seemed like an explosion was going off. "ATOMIC!" he roared as he followed up with another suplex, this one generating an even greater explosive force as Tenna was slammed into the ground. The crowd roared in a frenzy, believing the fight to be over. And then Zangief took to the skies.

"BBBBUUUUSSSSSTTTTAAARRRR!" The bellow drowned out the roar of the crowd as Zangief and Tenna came spinning back down, striking the concrete with such impact that those in the first three rows were blows off their hooves by the impact of Tenna being driven onto his skull. Zangief leapt back to inspect the crater that he had made with his own body, with Tenna laying broken in the center of it.

"H-how?" Tenna asked weakly as he staggered back to his feet, looking at the machine that he had made with confusion and rage. "None of this makes any sense! I have beaten you! The machine that you're in...it wasn't designed to be able to take so much pressure or damage? How are you still standing? How are you still fighting?!"

"Because of them," Zangief said as he moved a metal hand to motion the crowd, yet his actions only gained him a look of confusion from his foe. "You only believe in yourself. Your power only comes from yourself. But my power is not my own. It comes from them. So no matter how strong you are by yourself, you cannot hope to be as strong as the hundreds of thousands who believe in me. And that is what makes you weak."

"No...it is what makes you a fool!" Tenna roared in rage as he leapt forward with rage flashing in his eyes, heading towards Zangief in an arc that would cause him to land right in front of the Red Cyclone. "Prepare to taste your own spinning piledriver!" Tenna landed right in front of Gief with both arms brought back, but in that moment Zangief flashed with yellow light, allowing him to avoid Tenna's piledriver and deliver one of his own. Tenna let out a cry of defeat as he slumped over to the ground, allowing Gief to look down at him with rage.

"You are beaten. Now tell me how to undo the machine that is stealing the ponies," he demanded. Tenna slowly looked from the metal face of Zangief to the machine before a small chuckle escaped his lips.

"There is no way to stop it. The only way it will stop is when it has completed it's purpose. Not only will it suck the magic out of all of the creatures of Equestria, but it will also...suck the life out of all who are not wearing the protection created by me." Zangief's eyes widened in horror as Tenna let out another laugh. "Only the strong will survive. All who are weak, shall perish. That is what it means to be strong. Deciding who lives and who dies. And I...am the strongest."

"Then I shall destroy it!" Zangief decided, but Tenna let loose another laugh.

"It cannot be destroyed in time. In fact, it is almost done. Once it reaches max power with the magic it has taken, it will then use that power to suck the life out of all creatures across the land. There is nothing you can do." Zangief looked in desperation from the machine to the crowd, not wanting to believe that there was nothing he could do. Then his eyes locked onto a small changeling sitting next to the queen, a small changeling who's eyes rung with belief in him. And he knew what he had to do.

Tenna then shot to his feet with a roar, a roar that carried him into the air as he lunged at Zangief. Yet the moment he touched down in front of the Steel Tornado, he leapt into the air to chase down Gief, who he knew would flee like he had before.

"I am the strongest being in Equestria!" he roared as he activated his own Siberian Blizzard...only to find that his hands grasped at empty air, forcing him to come spinning back down to the ground as he reached a cold realization. Zangief hadn't jumped. He came spinning to a stop in front of the Red Cyclone, who was glaring down at him with a pair of cold eyes.

"No. You nothing more than a fool," Zangief said before hurling both of his arms back with such power and ferocity that a typhoon blew through the stadium, causing the spectators to cry out as Zangief yelled out to the heavens.

"For the ponies. For the changelings. FOR MOTHER RUSSIA! ULTIMATE!" he bellowed as he slipped around behind Tenna once again and suplexed him onto his skull with such power that this time a miniature explosion did go off, shaking the stadium.

"ATOMIC!" Zangief hurled Tenna into the air over his head before catching him as he came tumbling back down, driving him onto his knee with a sickening crunch the moment he had Tenna within his grasp. He then began to spin with such force that a cyclone would be ashamed of it's own speed in comparison. With a roar that could be heard all across Equestria he then hurled Tenna into the sky, where he watched the general until he vanished. Zangief then turned his gaze to Chrysalis and Insectum, both of who were looking at him with fear in their eyes.

"Thank you, for believing in me." Zangief then hurled himself into the sky with every ounce of strength that his legs could produce, rocketing him past the cloud covers and into the sky, where he spotted Tenna falling back to earth. Zangief grabbed him out of the air and locked him into position for the spinning piledriver, taking aim at a column of red energy that stretched high into the sky alongside Zangief and angling himself towards it. He began to spin with such speed that the very stars themselves were sucked into the cyclone, making it glow like a sun.

"For those who believe."

Nopony would forget what happened next. The clouds were blow away as two objects came spinning down into the red energy of the device, causing tendrils of energy to be hurled off into every direction as the spinning objects pierced through the energy as they barreled towards the device. Some would say that it looked like a meteor, but only those who had know Zangief knew how to properly describe what was created when the spinning object struck the red column of energy. It was a cyclone. A red cyclone.

But despite the roar of the winds created by who was spinning and the hissing of the energy as it was met with a force that outmatched it, a voice could still be heard across the land. A voice that belonged to the greatest wrestler in all the worlds. So as the spinning objects drilled themselves into the device with such force that the device was grinded up as if it's own insides were trying to tear apart it's outsides, an explosion of magic and power erupted from the machine, casting rainbow lights across the sky. But even as the machine exploded with a force that nearly knocked the stadium over, even as it's shockwaves shook awake dragons in other lands, there was one sound that ran out over the explosion. The voice of Zangief.

"BBBBBBBUUUUUUUSSSSSSTTTTTTTAAAAAAAAARRRRRR!"