• Published 16th Feb 2015
  • 7,534 Views, 514 Comments

The Red Cyclone - Onomonopia

  • ...
11
 514
 7,534

But I Am...Zangief?

Chrysalis hadn't fully recovered from the blow from who she believed a friend until a moment ago, but with a mother's desire to protect her daughter she hurled her still half dazed body in front of the fearful Insectum while glaring up at the green eyes of Zangief. The mighty Russian was no more as Tenna's laugh echoed across the shattered rooftops, causing the very bricks beneath his feet to shake as if they too were afraid.

"What's the matter Chrysalis? Have I finally silenced that idiotic tongue of yours?" Tenna asked with a loud laugh as Chrysalis snarled with weak defiance, still trying to process what she had just witnessed.

"What did you do to Zangief?!" Insectum half screamed at Tenna, asking the question that Chrysalis was too stunned to utter herself. Tenna chuckled once again as he moved Zangief's hand in front of his face, watching with delight as small, green flames began to flicker forth before he looked at Insectum.

"Is that not obvious, you soon to be dead princess? I have taken what should rightfully belong to me. I am now the strongest being to ever grace the planet of Equis," Tenna said with a small laugh as his green eyes narrowed, giving the face of Zangief an evil look that the human would have never been able to make. "Zangief, despite his immense strength and courage, did not have the mindset of one who is truly strong. So I took the strength that a weakling shouldn't have and made it my own. Now I am-" Tenna moved Zangief's head to the side as a bolt of green magic streaked by it, causing the body snatcher to snicker at the tear filled glare that Insectum was giving him.

"Give Zangief back!" she demanded as she fired another burst of magic towards what used to be her friend, but with a flash of green Tenna banished her spell from existence with a boisterous laugh.

"Foolish child, Zangief is gone! His conscious was spread to the four corners when I took control of him!" Tenna bellowed with laughter as he began to advance on the pair, Chrysalis snarling with venom in her eyes as her horn began to glow with murderous intent. She unleashed her most devastating of spells, but with a swing of his arm Tenna flashed yellow and green and the spell seemed to phase right past him. Chrysalis only had a moment to gasp at what happened before Zangief's fist once again connected with her face and knocked her flat, where her daughter rushed to her side with a cry.

"Yes, I must admit that it was one of my more creative spells that took nearly forever to achieve," Tenna boasted as he purposefully began to lumber slowly towards the pair, milking every second of his victory. "For the spell cannot switch the mind of one into the body of another for that pony or changelings magic will cancel the spell out. Yet poor Zangief does not have such magical resistance, does he?" Another laugh exhaled from Zangief's lips while Insectum tried desperately to help her mother back to her hooves.

"And now," Tenna began as he lifted the bear crushing arms of the Red Cyclone over his head with a malicious smile as he stared down at the two inferior leaders. "My revenge is-"

"Ugh, why does it seem like I am over there and why can I not feel anything?" Tenna's arms were stopped by the mechanical voice that spoke from out of the blue and he along with the two changelings turned to see the Steel Tornado rising to it's feet, red eyes flickering slightly as it looked around with a hand on it's head. "Am I having one of those out of body experiences that so many of my foes have told me they had after I threw them? Or am I dreaming again? Perhaps I should try to wake up."

"Zangief!" Insectum cried out when the mechanical wrestler punched himself in the face with a loud clang, immediately telling her who was within the suit when he cried out with pain.

"So, you managed to hang on despite being ripped from your body, eh Zangief?" Tenna asked with a laugh that gained him the full attention of the Steel Tornado, who gazed at him for the longest of minutes before slowly lowering his eyes to look at the shaking metal hands in front of him.

"W...what has happened to me? Why can I not feel my mighty muscles or the spirit of Russia within me?" Zangief as with confusion ringing in his metallic voice as Tenna shook his head with a roll of his eyes.

"Can you not do any thinking for yourself, you dumb oaf?! Your body, along with all of the skills within, is mine to command now! The fact that your conscious held on at all is a miracle in and of itself." Zangief shakily rose to his full height as he staggered, nearly falling over as he looked down at his fully metal body. He placed his hands on his face to find that while he could still slightly feel, he could not feel any warmth or spirit coming from his body.

"No...how can this be?! This must be a dream! I will wake up any second now, that is it! Wake up!" Zangief yelled as he slammed his fist into his face, crying out in pain before looking down at the metal hands again to see that nothing had changed. He raised his head to look up at his own body as Tenna slowly began to walk towards him, cracking Zangief's knuckles with a laugh as Zangief took a shaky step back.

"Do you not understand? I am the Red Cyclone now. I am the wrestler know as Zangief!" Tenna celebrated with delight at the sheer horror he was certain Zangief was going through.

"This...this cannot be. I am...Zangief?"

"Actually, I must thank you for managing to stay alive Zangief. Since you technically did defeat my Steel Tornado in a round, we must finish our fight," Tenna laughed with Zangief's laugh as he took up a wrestling stance. "Now come Zangief, let me put you out of your misery."

Zangief shakily raised his arms to defend himself, but when his own body bellowed and lunged forward, Zangief took a step back and fell over. He struggled to get back up, yet with the machine he now inhabited weighing nearly six times as much as his old body weighed, he fell back over and was left completely open to Tenna's attack.

"Weakling!" Tenna roared as he picked the machine off of the ground with an effort and used the Russian built muscles to hurl Zangief into the air, where he slammed skull first onto the roof ten feet away.

"Zangief, you have to fight back!" Insectum screamed at the Steel Tornado as he struggled to balance himself, her words getting Zangief to turn around with a small spark of spirit in his eyes. But when he saw his own body, the culmination of what he had spent all of his life perfecting charging at him, his fighting spirit shattered. He swung a slow right hand out of desperation, yet the blow was easily avoided as Tenna slipped around behind metal Gief and locked his hands around his waist.

"TOO LATE!" Tenna roared as he suplexed Zangief onto the back of his metal head before rolling through and taking the both of them to the skies, where once again steel slammed into brick as Zangief was dropped on his head. He collapsed to his back to find that he still felt pain coursing through his body, but the pain of the blows was insignificant compared to the anguish that was currently tearing apart his heart.

"What is the matter Zangief, I thought you never shyed away from a challenge!" Tenna roared with delight in his words as the trapped wrestler struggled to push his metallic frame back to a vertical position, though once had done so he swayed weakly and off balance. "Ah yes, hard to get used to that body, isn't it? I spent days learning how to control it and even then you still thoroughly crushed me. But I have spent even longer observing your movements so that when the day came I took this form for myself, I would have no issues controlling it. Care for a demonstration?"

Tenna rushed forward and jabbed the Steel Tornado in the face before kicking him hard in the shins, stunning Zangief for a brief moment. In the next instance before Zangief could recover however, Tenna's hand flashed down with green and yellow light to strike the Steel Tornado in the face. Tenna's body then flashed red as he slammed the burly arm of Zangief into Zangief's own face, causing a breaking sound to be heard before the Steel Tornado crumpled to its knees.

"It's over!" Tenna cried out as he lifted Zangief into a reverse piledriver position and sored to the skies with one mighty leap, spinning with the speeds of a cyclone before the two of them came crashing back down. Zangief cried with agony as he felt his skull pulverize the bricks that he landed on, causing to collapse as Tenna leapt back and placed his hands on his waist. "It is too bad that this must be our final battle Zangief. I was hoping that you would be able to surprise me one last time. But I suppose this is all I could expect from one who depends on others for his so called "strength". Farewell, Red Cyclone."

Tenna lunged forward as he said this, timing his dash right as Zangief rose back to his feet. Despite the lifetime of training, despite being able to face bears thousands of times larger than him or take on beings that made others quiver with fear, when faced with himself as a foe and the knowledge of what was about to come next, Zangief did something he almost never did. He leapt back to escape...and leapt right into Tenna's trap.

"I am the destroyer of the Equestrian skies!" Tenna roared as he leapt into the air after the Steel Tornado and swung both hands around, one of them grabbing hold of Zangief and pulling him into a headlock before the both of them rocketed up into the skies. "SSSSSSIIIIIIBBBBBEEEERRRRIIIIIIAAAAAANNNN!"

"Zangief!" Insectum screamed with fear as she watched the protector of the changelings get pulled into the skies by his own move, unable to do anything as he was thrown above his own head and caught by his legs with his head facing straight down. Chrysalis knew what was about to happen, so with the last bit of her strength she grabbed hold of her daughter and shot off of the castle. A combination of her wings and magic slowed the two down enough so that they didn't die when they hit pavement, but the pain that stung their bodies barely bothered them as they, along with nearly all other being in the hive, turned to see the end of the battle.

"BBBLLLLLIIIIIIZZZZZAAAAARRRDDDD!" The two warriors slammed into the roof of the castle, generating such a shockwave that the supports and the walls of a castle that had stood for nearly five hundred years finally decided to surrender, causing the very building to collapse down upon the fighters as Zangief was driven through the castle by his own move. Changelings shrieked and ran for cover as the castle came crashing down, but all Chrysalis and Insectum could do was watch with emotionless eyes as their home came crumbling down.

"Do...do you think he...?" Insectum asked in barely a whisper as all went silent as the dust settled, yet Chrysalis found that there was no answer she could give her daughter. Then a figure could be seen walking through the dust towards the two, a figure that they knew all too well...and whose presence told them who the victor had been.

"How did he say it again?" Tenna asked as he walked out of the rubble with cuts and bruises along his body, but the biggest smile of pure evil upon his face. He then threw his left arm forward to dump a broken and mangled Steel Tornado at their hooves, whose eyes and the z on his belt were both black. "Ah yes, now I remember. Khorosho, I win!" Chrysalis and Insectum both looked down at the motionless machine with blank eyes before they looked up at Tenna, who was happy to see the looks they now wore. Chrysalis looked like she was mustering whatever courage she could to glare at him, whereas Insectum looked broken.

"This...doesn't matter!" Chrysalis yelled with as much anger as she could muster, giving a halfhearted snarl toward Tenna. "You still won't get the hive! I'll fight you to the death before I hoof it over to you!" Tenna opened his mouth to laugh before he stopped and placed a hand to his chin, looking lost in thought for a moment.

"You are right Chrysalis, why should I take the hive?" he asked her with a small laugh. "I mean, I am so powerful now that just taking the changeling hive would not be acceptable for someone with power such as me. No, I think I shall take all of the wasteland...all of Equestria...hell, i'll take over the whole world now!" He let out a menacing bellow of laughter before looking down at the two of them and the broken machine, a snicker escaping his lips before he turned to leave. "You two may live for today. After all, if you're not there to see me become king of the world then I will not get to see your horrified expressions. But the moment I am crowned, my first action shall be to execute the both of you. Until then."

Chrysalis continued to glare at Tenna until he was out of sight, but the moment the body of her only friend was out of sight she collapsed to the ground, weakly breathing as she felt all of her strength leave her. She slowly turned her head to look at the mangled body that now housed the mighty Russian, the mighty Russian who had been utterly defeated by Tenna.

"He's not moving mom! I can't get him to move!" Insectum cried out with fear in her voice as she pushed against the metal plates and beams that held the Tornado together, but Chrysalis could only stare blankly at the machine without answering. "Mom...how could he lose? He...he promised that-"

"Chrysalis! The changelings are retreating!" the voice of Celestia called out as Chrysalis saw the alicorn land next to her out of the corner of her eye, interrupting her daughter. "This battle is won and we...what is going on here? Why do you have the machine that Tenna created here? Where is Zangief?"

"This is Zangief, Celestia," Chrysalis said weakly as she slowly lifted her head up to the princess of the sun, who was horrified to find Chrysalis eye filled with defeat. "Tenna finally did what I, along with all of my people and most of the ponies, thought was impossible. Zangief lost."