• Published 16th Feb 2015
  • 7,523 Views, 514 Comments

The Red Cyclone - Onomonopia

  • ...
11
 514
 7,523

The Steel Tornado

Loud, pounding music. Pink lights that flashed into her eyes every five seconds. The party was less of a place of fun for Chrysalis and more like her eternal hell. Resting against the edge of the outdoor party, Chrysalis gave a quick snarl to the ponies across the way from her, who gave her no love in return. She wasn't the only changeling to be off with her at the edge of the gathering, as most of her own people joined her, none of them wanting to be near the ponies or their hard stares.

'At least someponies are enjoying themselves,' Chrysalis thought as she looked over to Zangief and Insectum, both of whom were doing the Cossack dance to the utter bafflement of the ponies that were watching them. Insectum had changed into what Chrysalis assumed would be her if she was a human so she could better perform the dance, with Zangief trying to show her some of the more complex maneuvers that her daughter couldn't wrap her mind around.

"Still over here being miserable?" Pinkie Pie asked for the fifth time in a little less than an hour, getting a hiss from Chrysalis as the pink pony seemed to materialize out of nowhere in front of her. "Oh come on, you can't be mopey lopey the entire time that you're here! Surrender yourself to the music and go have fun!"

"I'd rather be facing Zangief in a wrestling match," she seethed back, but immediately regretted her words when Zangief looked over with a massive smile on his face. She waved him off and he went back to dance with a smile, giving Chrysalis a chance to let out a sigh of relief. "Besides, I don't want to party with hypocrites. Sure, you all say that friendship is magic, but so far not one pony has teased the notion of being friends with any of us."

"Okay, I'm your friend now!" Pinkie said with a huge smile that made Chrysalis regret her words again. "And as your friend I say to get out there and go have fun!" Pinkie hopped off into the garden, leaving the changelings to look up at her, awaiting her to give them their orders. She waved them off and they decided to at least try to have fun, most of them swarming around Zangief as he had sat down to tell some of the pony foals stories of his adventures.

"Having a hard time adapting?" Chrysalis shuddered with hatred as she turned to see the yellow Pegasus Fluttershy sit down besides her, gently nibbling on a carrot as she watched Zangief act out every moment of his story, gaining both changeling and pony audience members.

"We're changelings. Adapting is the first thing that we learn to do, even before walking," Chrysalis proudly shot back, getting Fluttershy to shrug as she went back to nibbling. "And I do not wish to party with you ponies if all you are going to do is stare and judge us. I wish that that foal of a princess wasn't here or else I would crush you all," Chrysalis grumbled as she glared at Twilight, who looked around in confusion as she felt someponies eyes burn into her.

"Sure you would. Say, did you know that Insectum is able to see further than I am?" Fluttershy asked Chrysalis, who's look of hatred vanished for a moment as she looked down at Fluttershy with confusion. "Yep, she was able to spot a butterfly nearly a mile off. She told me that she has had a number of strange things happen to her like that. Did she tell you?"

"Once or twice," Chrysalis grumbled before the sounds of glass shattering could be heard followed by the sounds of angry shouting. The two looked over to she a pony and a changeling both glaring at each other, with a broken glass sitting in the middle between them. "Ah, finally some entertainment."

"Watch where you are going, you freak!" the pony yelled at the changeling with flaring nostrils.

"Says the blind idiot that walks without even looking ahead. With how dumb you are I'm amazed that you can have enough brain power to utter those words!" the changeling shot back, getting a snicker out of Chrysalis.

"Be thankful that the princess doesn't blast you to ash on the spot for those words!"

"What, you need the princess to fight your battles for you? I don't know why, they lose just as much as you ponies do!" The pony roared in rage and tackled the changeling to the ground, where the changeling kicked him off and leapt onto the pony. More changelings and ponies entered the brawl, each side trying to defend their own fighter. Twilight yelled at them and screamed to calm down as her horn glowed, but none of the fighters could hear her over the sounds of the battle. That was until Zangief got involved.

"And now it is a free for all? THEN YOU ALL FACE ME!" the Russian roared as he hurled himself into the air over the combatants, the roars of anger turning into screams of absolute horror in a matter of seconds as they watched the mass of Zangief hurtle towards them. His impact shook the whole garden and hurled both changelings and ponies into the air, upon which they were immediately plucked from the air by a very angry Twilight who turned towards Zangief with fire burning in her eyes.

"STOP IT! JUST...stop it," she whispered as she put a lid on her rage, yet the fire never left her eyes as she glared up at the being nearly four feet taller than her. "This party is to try and promote peace between the two nations so that one can harmlessly feed off of the others love and yet your trying to turn it into the WWP!" she screamed at him again, her anger breaking free again.

"You have a wrestling circuit as well? Then why did you not tell me?" Zangief asked with a laugh before a hellish snarl from Twilight stopped it. "Twilight, you cannot force two people to be friends! They will only be friends if they feel like it! The best way for the changelings and the ponies to solver their differences is to have them all wrestle in each other is a massive match. Fighting helps calm both sides down." Twilight wanted to smack him for the stupidity in that statement, but at that moment Chrysalis decided to stand up and walk into the center of the crowd.

"Well well, harming my changelings are we?" she asked the ponies as she licked her lips, tasting the fear in their eyes as she gazed at each of them. "But I believe that both me and my people were promised by the princesses that we would be safe if I tried to do things the pony way instead of the changeling way. Yet I see one of my changelings hurt despite that promise. I guess that means..." Chrysalis began as she gazed into Twilight's eyes. "WAR!"

"Waitwaitwait!" Twilight quickly said as the changelings began to chant war around them. "We are sorry about what happened and we will do whatever it takes to make it up to you," Twilight bargained, getting Chrysalis to chuckle at her hurried excuse. She placed a hoof under her chin as she thought about it before shrugging her shoulders with another sinister smile.

"Very well. Give me your crown and we'll call it even." The ponies all gasped at this as Twilight glared up at Chrysalis, but very slowly she levitated her crown off of her head and hoofed it to Chrysalis. The changeling queen took the crown and placed it upon her head, smiling as she struck a pose. "Well what do you think? Do I look pretty?" The changelings all began to cheer for her as Chrysalis smirked at Twilight, resulting in both the princess and the ponies going back to glaring at the changelings.

"You are one of the greatest heels that I have ever seen!" Zangief said with a laugh when Chrysalis walked by him. "I have never seen someone able to get so many so angry so quickly! Have you considered a career in wrestling?"

"No thanks, I look terrible in spandex," Chrysalis said with an eye roll while Pinkie tried to get the part back on track until a loud voice boomed out of nowhere.

"Ponies and changelings that are having a...wonderful time tonight, I am sorry to interrupt but the entertainment is here!" the voice boomed, silencing all of the partygoers as they tried to deduce where the voice was coming from.

"Sweet, the pool filled with gelatin is here!" Pinkie exclaimed excitedly while Chrysalis narrowed her eyes and looked to the sky.

"I know that voice! Show yourself Tenna, you coward!" she roared into the sky as she looked around, Insectum running to her mothers side as Zangief began to flex his arms.

"Finally, I can settle things with this coward."

"Whose Tenna?" Twilight asked the queen as she continued to scan the skies.

"He's a changeling that tried to kill me and my daughter so that he can rule my hive with an iron hoof," Chrysalis said quickly as she continued to look around, only stopping when she saw the shock on Twilight's face. "What, don't you have a foe of your own who tries to slaughter your family and take everything you love away from you? It's common in my parts."

"I had no idea," Twilight whispered.

"Of course not, you're far too busy hating us to care. He's this way Zangief!" Chrysalis yelled as she pinpointed the source of the voice, both her and Zangief running off while Twilight began to think about what Chrysalis had just said to her. The two came to a stop on the very outskirts of the town, where a lone changeling with a cracked exoskeleton could be seen standing alone in the darkness.

"All alone are we? I hope you realize that if you surrender I'm still feeding you to Zangief," Chrysalis threatened with a smirk as the other changelings and ponies from the party ran over to them. Tenna let a thin smile cross his face at her words, taking a moment to look off towards the setting sun before answering.

"And we even have an audience. Truly this will be an event," he said with a small chuckle as he turned to look at Zangief. "However, I am not here for you just yet and I am not here for any of the ponies. I am here for you Zangief, because I think I have finally found a way to defeat you!"

"You have learned the hadoken?" he asked with a hint of fear in his voice before seeing the looks he was getting and he shook his head with a laugh. "Please, there is no way that you can defeat me!" he said with his confidence back as he laughed proudly. "I defeated you once before I can do so again with little effort. So come! Show me what feeble attempt you have thought up to beat me!"

"With pleasure. Drop it." The crowd wondered what he had meant when lights shown down from overhead, causing all to be blinded as five changelings buzzed above them. The sounds of ropes snapping could be heard and something massive slammed into the ground in front of Zangief and the crowd, causing all, including Zangief, to gasp in confusion and surprise when they saw what it was. It stood seven feet tall and was covered from head to toe in metal platting. But what truly gained the crowds shock was the red boots, the funny facial hair and the red z on it's belt. It's cold, red eyes glared ahead, but there was no mistaking what this monster was supposed to be.

"It...looks like Zangief!" Insectum cried out in shock as the machine began to rotate it's arms, never for a moment taking it's eyes of the stunned Russian wrestler.

"No my dear Insectum, this is Mecha Gief! The Steel Tornado!" Tenna roared as he threw back and laughed, the machine flexing it's arms like Zangief and posing just like he did. "He is not only stronger and more durable, but he is also programmed with all of his moves. THIS is what I have created to defeat you Zangief! So the question is, are you willing to fight your better?"

"You're telling me you made your own Zangief and didn't bother to make it smarter?" Chrysalis asked with a smirk. "Seems that you're the real idiot here Tenna. Go ahead, let your tin can fight."

"I hope you realize that this isn't happening," Twilight said as she floated into the air and powered up her magic. "Zangief and the changelings are under our protection, so if you even think of hurting them I'm going to stop you. So stand down now and maybe I will..." Twilight stopped talking as Zangief held up one of his hands to silence her, walking forward to meet the machine with a smile on his face as both he and his mechanical foe stared into each others eyes.

"You are far more clever than I thought Tenna," Zangief said with a chuckle that gained him a look of confusion from both Tenna and Chrysalis. "Once you realized that you were no match for me and thought 'Then who can beat Zangief? Is their anyone who can?' And then you thought that the only one who can beat Zangief...is ZANGIEF! HAHAHAHA! But I am sorry to tell you my friend that your thinking is wrong," Zangief said with a much darker smile as he took up his wrestling stance, the machine matching his movements perfectly. "Because no one can beat Zangief."

"Is that your way of saying that you accept my challenge?" Tenna asked Zangief, who nodded while telling the ponies and the changelings to back away from him. "Very well then! Mecha-Gief! You are being challenged by this fool before you. Crush him."

"It will try," Zangief said with a smirk. The both him and the machine lunged forward and collided with each other, starting the match.