• Published 16th Feb 2015
  • 7,533 Views, 514 Comments

The Red Cyclone - Onomonopia

  • ...
11
 514
 7,533

Queen of the Ruined

Insectum stayed a good ten feet away from Zangief as the two of them walked down the hall to the throne room where he mother resided, with the changeling mortified that if she got any closer to Zangief than that he might eat her up on accident. He was tearing into his third full cooked chicken and showed no signs of stopping anytime soon, though he did occasionally take a moment to talk.

"Why are there all these weird symbols on your paintings?" Zangief asked in between bites of chicken.

"That's the language we use in this world. Can't you read it?" Insectum asked, getting a head shake in response.

"I will admit that your poultry is truly a sight for sore stomachs, but sometime I must show you the miracle that is borscht!" Zangief laughed as he tore a leg off the chicken and wolfed it down within seconds, Insectum moving a bit further away from him as he did so. Her stomach growled again and Zangief ceased inhaling the sacrifice to his hunger to look at the changeling with a frown. "Why did you not grab some food for yourself? You are clearly hungry."

"A ruler does not eat before their subjects," Insectum said in a tone that sounded a bit rehearsed to Zangief, who didn't fully quite grasp what she was saying. Insectum caught his confusion and sighed. "My mother will explain it all to you when we talk to her. Try to finish eating before we get to the throne room, she doesn't like-" When Insectum looked over to see that all of the food Zangief had brought was gone, she decided to stop talking. Zangief tried to bring up conversation a few more times, but he had given up by the time they had gotten to the door that led to the throne room.

"Now remember to be well behaved and not to say anything that would tick my mom off," Insectum said to him in a serious tone. "Just let her do the talking and only speak back when she has spoken to you. If not she might thrown you to the wilderbeasts and then some poor guard would have to clean it up."

"Ugh, I do not know what a wilderbeast is, but according to you it sounds very hard to clean up after being thrown," Zangief said with a shake of his head. "I still do want to fight it though." Insectum shook her head as she pushed open the door to the throne room, bowing slightly before both she and Zangief walked inside. Zangief looked around at the all black room with green windows with a raised eyebrow, not at all impressed by the throne room.

"Greeting Queen Chrysalis. I have brought you the beast as you requested," Insectum said as she bowed to the changeling sitting on the throne, who nodded at her with a smile. Insectum motioned for Zangief to bow as well, but all she got in return was a look of confusion before he shrugged and looked at the queen with bored eyes.

"Thank you. You may join me now," Chrysalis replied, Insectum bowing again before she walked over besides the queen and hoofed her the notebook, Chrysalis glancing over it before looking up at Zangief. "Didn't get much out of him, huh? So, you are a creature known as a Zangief? Interesting name for such a large creature."

"My name is Zangief! And I am the greatest wrestler in all of the world!" Zangief bragged as he threw his head back and laughed, the bellows catching Chrysalis off guard and she gave him a look when he stopped.

"Moron. Alright, I've got a couple of questions for you," Chrysalis began as Zangief crossed his arms and mumbled under his breath at her insult. "Let's start with why did you attack my people after you destroyed a good chuck of my royal guard with MY chair?"

"Maybe because you wished to eat me and I fled for my life?" Zangief retorted. Chrysalis flared her nostrils at his disrespect, but the Russian held his head high and showed no fear in the face of the bug. "And I did not wish to harm them, but it is hard to escape when you are chained to a chair. Though for Zangief, not impossible."

"Whatever. Next question. Why did you decide to appear in the middle of our wasteland like that? Don't you know it's off limits to anything that's not a changeling? Are you really so stupid...okay answered my own question there," Chrysalis said with a small chuckle, getting Zangief to huff as he crossed his arms even tighter.

"I was trapped by the accursed machine and blown here when it exploded," Zangief recounted with a proud smile. "And in doing so I saved not only the motherland, but all of the world. That is the might of Zangief!" He threw his head back and laughed again, not noticing Insectum and Chrysalis share a disbelieving look with each other.

"Now I have a question for you," Zangief began in a serious tone the moment he stopped laughing. Chrysalis was caught off guard by his sudden shift in attitude that she nodded for him to speak. "When I ran for my life I noticed that there were starving children in the streets! How an you let them starve when you are their ruler? How can you let your own daughter go hungry?"

The look on Chrysalis's face as he said this caused her own daughter to back away from her, but in contrast Zangief seemed to grow even larger at the look of rage on her face. The changeling queen very deliberately got off her throne and stalked towards him, looking up in to his face with wrath flashing in her eyes.

"Maybe it's because bandits keep stealing the love potions that we've had to choke down for the past three years. Maybe it's because the ponies don't like to share and keep kicking us out of their land. Maybe it's because I'm sitting here dealing with a giant idiot when I should be attending to my kingdom!" she roared at him with full fury, but Zangief did not budge a hair in the face of her wrath. Then Chrysalis's stomach began to growl, causing both her and Zangief to look down in surprise.

"There are a pair of guards outside that will escort you to your cell," Chrysalis snarled as she walked by Zangief with as much dignity as she could muster after her stomach embarrassed her. "Come Insectum, we have work to do!" Insectum shot off after her mother, giving Zangief a worried look before following her out the door. Zangief watched them both go with narrowed eyes, perturbed by what had just happened.

"Alright big guy, you're coming with us," two changelings buzzed as they walked into the throne room, standing besides Zangief as they pointed their horns at him. "Make this easy for us and-" Faster than should have been possible for a man of his size Zangief's arms shot out and grabbed the two changelings, wrapping both of them under his arms in a headlock.

"Oh sweet Faust, it's going to eat us!" one of the changelings yelled as it desperately tried to escape. "Mother always said that I would go this way, but I never believed her!"

"Comrades, do not worry! I am not going to hurt you," Zangief laughed as he tightened his grip, the changelings struggling to breath as he smiled down at them. "I will let you go in a moment. All I need first is for you to do something for me."

←↙↓↘→↗+H

The harsh sun beat down on the gray land in the middle of nowhere, a place that no life would be unless it was there for a reason. The normally empty landscape was graced with the presence of two carts, one that came from the east and another that came from the west. The one coming from the east was being pulled by two zebras, both of whom were on alert. The other was driven by three changeling guards, who drove a cart with a large tarp over the back of it. The two carts came to a stop within twenty feet of each other and one member from both parties exited their vehicle, the two meeting in the middle.

"You have our payment, correct?" the zebra asked the changeling, who nodded his head towards the tarp on the back of the cart.

"You better have the supplies. We're paying good gems for these," the changeling scowled at the zebra before nodding to the other changelings. The zebra nodded to his associate who pulled out a large crate from the back of their cart, opening the lid to reveal a large number of red vials. "Alright, they're clean. Trade them the-"

"ATTACK!" Both groups jumped as they looked into the sky with horror to see a swarm of changelings with red marking descend upon them, blasts of magic striking the zebra and the changeling in the center down within seconds. The zebra turned his cart to flee, but he was quickly overwhelmed by three changelings. The other twelve went after the changelings in the other cart, who returned fire upon the marked changeling attacking them.

"Darn it all, not these guys again!" the changeling yelled as he and his partner both dove behind their cart for cover, spells splintering the wood as they impacted the cart. The changelings that were taking cover began to return fire, but the marked ones flew in erratic patterns that made them nearly impossible to hit.

"We can't fail here! This might be the last shipment for-" his words died along with him as a spell caught him in the head, dropping him to ground without another word. The last changeling roared as loud as he could as he began to fire off spells rapidly at his foes, striking one or two of them. He went down to a hail of green magic, ending the battle between the two sides.

"HAHA! It's gets easier with each jacking!" one of the marked changelings laughed as he landed on the zebras cart, opening the crates with a whistle to see all of the potions inside. "And the reward keeps getting bigger! This is a good haul. Might actually get second helpings tonight."

"Don't count on it, the boss rarely feels like sharing," another marked one laughed as he took the armor off of the fallen changelings, weighing it in his hoof. "Three more sets of armor though, so that might get him to crack a smile if we're lucky. Man, you'd think that Chrysalis would know better at this point and submit to him."

"Ah, she's a stubborn old bat, always has been," the one at the potions laughed as he looked over at the changelings at the other cart. the changelings there were simply staring at the back of the cart, hesitation in their eyes. "Yo, what's the hold up over there? You guys spot a stray female or something?"

"No, it's just...do you remember any of the other payments being this large?" one of them called out. The changeling shrugged and motioned for them to get on with their work, so with shrugs of their own the three changelings at the back went to remove the tarp.

"SYURPRIZ!" The marked changelings never even had time to scream as twin tree trunk like limbs slammed into their face and hurled them into the air, where they crashed into the wasteland fifty feet away. All of the thirteen remaining changelings were struck dumb by the monster of a being that fell out of the back of the cart, a wide smile spreading on its face as it looked at its opposition while it rose to it's feet. "Today is a good day for me. For I finally get to fight!"

"The hell is that thing?!" one of the changelings yelled as Zangief took to the skies, throwing a fist forward to crack the exoskeleton of one of the marked changelings and send it sprawling into the dirt. He then swung his leg around and caught another in the side of the chest, crushing it instantly as Zangeif's entire foot being about the same size as it's body. "Attack it! Do something!"

"That is right! Come at me!" Zangief laughed as he opened his arms wide as three changelings threw themselves at him through the air. Zangief slapped the backs of two changelings with his bear paw like hands and drove them into the dirt while a head-butt knocked the third one back the way it came. He then picked up the two that he slapped and lifted them both over his head before power bombing them into the dirt.

The changeling at the cart let his horn glow with a green fury before he fired his spell right at the goliath of a man, striking him square in the chest. But while it did make the man flinch, a moment later he was laughing again as he brushed the green energy from his chest hair.

"That may have been a fireball, but it was no hadoken. You will have wished that it was." Zangief reached down and grabbed the bottom of the cart he had been hiding in, using his incredible Russian might to lift the cart above his head with a big grin. He then let the cart sail through the air towards five changelings who were grouped together, crushing them with wood and wheels as the cart landed upon them a moment later.

"Only three left? Hopefully you three know how to fight!" Zangief laughed as he charged at the remaining three by the zebras cart. The three all looked at each other with no idea what to do as the goliath barreled towards them. One of them tried firing a blast of magic at him again, but to their horror this time his hand glowed with a green fire as he slapped the spell out of the air. "Your fireballs will not work on me again! Face the Soviet Splash!"

He leapt into the air and outstretched all of his limbs as he hurtled down towards the three. One of the marked ones managed to throw himself out of the way before the Red Cyclone descended upon the other two, obliterating both them and the cart that they had been upon. The changeling that was left slowly began to back away as all seven feet of pain began to pull himself out of the wreckage, a look of disappointment on his face as he looked at the last one.

"It seems that you can only win with sneaky tricks and attacks from behind. You have no courage," Zangief began to taunt as he lumbered towards the last changeling, who was frozen in place with fear. Zangief came to a stop in front of the last changeling, towering over it by nearly four feet as he looked down upon the being in his shadow. "This bout is over!" Zangief grabbed the changeling and hoisted it over his head, holding it there for a moment before he began to fall backwards. The changeling let out one last cry for help before Gief landed the vertical suplex, silencing the insect.

"Haha, I win again!" Zangief laughed as he rose back to his feet, looking around at all the beaten and broken changelings with a large smile on his face. "This would have gone much faster if that cowardly tarp had not tried to tangle my legs." Zangief walked over to the zebras cart and opened one of the crates, smiling when he saw what was inside. "Do not worry changeling children, I have a present for you. Now how do I get back?"