• Published 16th Feb 2015
  • 7,533 Views, 514 Comments

The Red Cyclone - Onomonopia

  • ...
11
 514
 7,533

Rematch

Five fingers slapped themselves across the metal face of the Steel Tornado to stop it dead in it's tracks, but despite the mighty blow the robo-gief retaliated with a meaty kick right to the gut of the Red Cyclone that sent him staggering back. A low sweep from the might Russian took the metal monster off of it's feet and sent it crashing into the roof of the castle, shaking the entire building as Zangief leapt to the sky with both arms outstretched.

"How predictable," Tenna muttered before springing to his feet with both arms outstretched while he spun like a small tornado, one of the metallic limbs catching Gief mid flight and hurling him back down into the castle roof. "Come now Zangief, surely you can think of something more creative for our final battle. I wouldn't want the queen and princess's last thoughts to be of how boring our battle was," Tenna taunted as he walked up to the motionless Zangief.

Yet with a speed that Tenna did not think possible Zangief blurred to his feet and slipped around behind the Steel Tornado, roaring with the might of a madman as he lifted nearly two thousand pounds of metal and hurled it over his head, slamming it onto the ground behind Zangief as he dumped it into it's head. Zangief then rolled through and performed the maneuver again, nearly dunking Tenna through the solid stone ceiling on the second suplex.

"Perhaps if you fought half as hard as you boasted then this would be a fight worth remembering!" Chrysalis said in a mocking tone to the metallic Tenna, whose entire body groaned as he rose back to his feet. His eyes flickered once before he began to move forward again, Zangief matching him step for step.

"Yeah, you can't win! Zangief fights for us!" Insectum taunted as well from her mother's back as Zangief and his steel counterpart collided once again, each of them straining against each other with all of their might to overpower the other.

"That is something I have been meaning to ask you Zangief. Why protect this worthless ruler and her whelp of a child?" Tenna asked Zangief, but the momentary loss of focus allowed Zangief to lift the Tornado over his head with a roar of might before driving him back down onto his back. Tenna shot back to his feet with the lariats again, yet Zangief had predicted the move and hoped back to avoid the blow, yet was too far to follow up with anything. "Why protect this worthless nation of weaklings?"

"Because they are my friends!" Zangief roared as he threw a Superman punch into the jaw of the Steel Tornado, but to his displeasure he found that despite such a blow Tenna was still able to speak.

"If I believed that Chrysalis was capable of making friends I might believe your statement, but what I want to know is why settle for protecting them," Tenna specified as he threw out a quick chop that caught Zangief across the mouth, forcing the Russian back as he held a hand to his bleeding mouth. "You are strong, the strongest being that I have ever seen. You could rule them Zangief, you could be a god to them. They have already shown that they are willing to follow you, so why allow yourself to be pushed around by a fool of a queen."

"Because they are my strength," Zangief clarified as he began to march forward again, eyes narrowed as he prepared for any quick strike. "Their cheers are what keep me going and their hope in me is what allows me to overcome any obstacle that is placed before me!" Tenna shook his head as he blocked a low kick and used a quick uppercut that staggered Zangief. With a quick dash forward he placed Zangief in the suplex position and used his metallic power to chuck Zangief onto his back.

"I was wrong abut you Zangief. I truly thought that you were strong," Tenna bitterly said with the deepest of dissapointments in his voice, confusing Chrysalis as Zangief pushed himself back to a standing position. "I thought...that you understood what it meant to be strong and that's why you were always so confident in yourself."

"So then tell me coward, what perversion of true strength do you believe in?" Zangief snarled as he leapt into the air and stuck out his mighty fist, knocking the disappointment off of Tenna's face as he forced the robots jaw a couple of inches out of alignment. But then with a ferocious roar Tenna slammed his fists into Zangief's gut and doubled him over before wrapping arms that could crush steel bars around his gut. With another roar he hoisted Zangief over his head as he leapt into the air, swinging the Russian onto his back to deliver a bone shaking powerbomb.

"Those who are truly strong have no need for others! The ultimate power is the power to dominate! To crush any who dare to challenge you or your beliefs so thoroughly that no one will dare question you!" Tenna roared as he pulled Zangief back up only to crack his nose with a piston punch to the face, spraying blood from Zangief's face as he fell back down. "And I...I believed that was what you had done with the changelings when you defeated me! That you had shown them that no one could defeat you, that any who dared to challenge you would be crushed just as I was! That you were feared!"

"But to think that you believe these...weaklings to be your actual strength, you would have to truly be as dumb as Chrysalis described you!" Tenna howled with wrath as he tried to grab Zangief, but to his shock Zangief used the muscles in his legs that were made strong by the Cossack dance to leap out of Tenna's iron grip.

"What you have described is not strength, it is tyranny!" Zangief roared as his forehead slammed into metal plates as he delivered a mighty head-butt to the front of the Steel Tornados face, dazing the machine long enough for Zangief to place it between his legs and ascend to the sky. Zangief spun like a cyclone and piledrived Tenna into the ground with such force that his metal skull was planted into the roof, giving Zangief a moment to recover. "There is no joy in being feared by the children! I could not show my face if I knew that children feared me because I used my strength to crush others! A wrestlers goal is to never disappoint his fans, no matter what is thrown at him! And that is why I shall win, for my fans are my strength!"

The two titans bellowed as a cyclone collided with a tornado, shaking the castle to it's very core as the began to unleash furious blows upon one another. Zangief threw a side kick that knocked screws out of Tenna's robotic mouth but was immediately countered by a chop to the head that caused a stream of blood to pour down the Russian's head. Instinct took over for Zangief and he threw out another low kick, but to Tenna's surprise it did not connect as the tip of Zangief's foot missed his leg by inches. But when he looked up he was already half way bent over for another S.P.D.

"HHHHOOOOORRRRIIIIAAAAHHHH!" Zangief yelled as he leapt far higher into the sky than Chrysalis had ever seen, descended with such force and power that the two Russian titans plunged right through the roof and through the floors of the castle until Zangief finished the piledriver in the main hall. "For all you have done to hurt those same children Tenna, I shall defeat you once and for all!" Zangief roared as he lifted the sparking, metal titan over his head and hurled him through the open castle doors and into the streets.

"I will not allow myself to lose to somepony as weak as you!" Tenna roared in response as he leapt forward and slammed two knees into Zangief's face, stunning him long enough for Tenna to slip around behind Zangief and clasp his arms around Zangief's waist with a death grip, giving him enough leverage to hurl Zangief over his head and slam him skull first into the castle steps. Tenna used the robotic power of his body to roll over Zangief and up the stairs so he could lift the Russian and drive his skull into the stone steps a second time, cutting open the back of Zangief's head as the sharp edges of the stairs sided with the general.

Tenna had just wrapped his arms around Zangief once again to throw him when he felt his mechanical body be surrounded in a magic belonging to a changeling that he loathed. A moment later both he and Zangief were yanked to the top of the castle, where he felt himself get turned upside down and dumped on his head.

"Chrysalis," Tenna snarled as he rose back up and turned to face the snarling changeling queen, noticing that Insectum was no longer on her back and was instead racing towards where Zangief was getting up. "I hadn't planned to kill you until after the match was over, but since you are so insistent I will oblige you."

"Up yours Tenna, there's no way you can defeat me now," Chrysalis defied as she sent streams of green magic towards the machine, forcing him to block the magical assault. "Back when you were a changeling you could counter my magical attacks, but without your magic you have left yourself vulnerable to my power. Now prepare to-"

"Chrysalis! This is my fight!" Zangief roared, turning both Tenna and Chrysalis towards him at his decision. "Tenna has made it clear that I am the one he wishes to fight, so please refrain from killing him until I have defeated him. There is no glory in this victory if I do not defeat him myself!" Chrysalis looked like she wanted to argue but with a snarl she flew over to her daughter and looked up at Gief.

"Alright Zangief, I suppose I owe you that much," she agreed before snarling at Tenna once again. "But the moment you crush him I am going to tear him open and find out how that pretty little toy of his ticks."

"That I am fine with," Zangief said as he began to march forward again.

"You have honor Zangief, I shall give you that much," Tenna said as he walked towards Zangief as well, both of them slamming their arms into each other once again but this time Tenna was slowly driven back by the red Russian as sparks began to shoot from his limbs.

"It seems that your machine cannot hold up to my pure Russian might! This is why pure muscles shall win over tricks and fireballs every time!" Zangief stated as he slammed his face into Tenna's twice in a row, causing even more sparks to fly from the robots face as he staggered back. Zangief quickly dashed forward once again and, knowing he was now charged, threw both his arms back before grabbing hold of Tenna one last time as he yelled,

"Final!" he began as he suplexed Tenna once. "Atomic!" He continued as he suplexed him again. The he placed Tenna's head between his thighs as he leapt into the air and spun faster than any tornado, yelling out, "BBBBUUUUUSSSSSTTTTTAAAARRRR!" as the two of them came crashing back down onto the roof of the castle with a thunderous impact. The eyes in the Steel Tornado flickered violently as Tenna fell to his back, sparks and electricity bursting from nearly every joint and limb.

"It seems we now know which one of us was correct," Zangief said with a half hearted laugh before he held a hand to his head and staggered slightly, saved from falling over when Chrysalis caught him with her magic. Tenna said nothing as the machines eyes continued to flicker and a red energy began to seep from the robot that lay motionless. "Still, you put up an impressive fight, I will give you that much. Had you been a nobler foe, we could have been friends. But as it is, I will instead let Chrysalis deal with you."

"Thank you very much," Chrysalis wickedly laughed as she began to move forward towards Tenna, her magic creating multiple blades around her as her eyes began to decided where she should carve into first. "I hope that robot of yours can feel pain Tenna, because this won't be as satisfying if in don't hear some screams."

Yet to her shock the Steel Tornado leapt to it's feet and lunged at her with both arms outstretched, but Zangief hurled himself between the two and collided with the Steel Tornado. "Give up Tenna, I have defeated your machine! I a stronger than it!"" Zangief yelled at Tenna, but for a brief moment he was certain he had seen the machine smile.

"Yes Zangief, you are indeed stronger than it. And while your belief's on strength might be beyond revolting, I cannot deny that your body is indeed stronger," Tenna said with victory in every word. Then the machine's eyes began to glow bright green as the gazed into Zangief's, who felt a strange sensation coming over him. "And I suppose that I have let you wail on this machine long enough. But this body means nothing to me now! For now I have an even stronger one!"

A flash of blinding light went off that enveloped nearly all of the hive, while amongst the flash two roars could be heard that for a moment sounded as one. Then the magical energy that caused the light washed over the changelings and the few ponies that were there, making them feel as if their souls were being struck from their bodies. But within a few seconds both the magic and the light died down, allowing Chrysalis and Insectum to see that both Zangief and Tenna were laying on the ground motionless.

"Zangief!" Insectum cried as she raced over to the Russian, who groaned weakly as he slightly began to move. "Thank Faust you're alive, for a minute I believed that Tenna had blown himself up in an effort to kill you," she sighed as Zangief rose to a kneeling position.

"Yes, as much as I hate to say it I am glad you are alive," Chrysalis said as she offered him a magic made hoof to help him up. Zangief looked up at Chrysalis for a moment before he stretched out his hand...and punched Chrysalis in the face. Insectum screamed with shock as Chrysalis was sent hurtling back and slammed into the tower that housed the staircase, where she groaned and shook her head.

"Zangief! What is the matter with you?!" Insectum screamed at Zangief, but then the Russian threw back his head and let out a laugh, a laugh that chilled Chrysalis and Insectum to their very souls as they recognized the voice of the one who was laughing. Then "Zangief" slowly looked down at Insectum with a huge smile and glowing green eyes.

"Nothing is the matter with me, brat. Because now, I am the strongest."