• Published 9th Oct 2014
  • 12,774 Views, 460 Comments

Permanent Vacation - Apple_Crack



I didn't ask for this, any of this. But now that I'm here, might as well make the most of it. But, why am I here? What purpose does my presence here serve to Equestria?

  • ...
54
 460
 12,774

PreviousChapters Next
Griffon the Brush-Off or You Just Got Punked

“Permanent Vacation”

Griffon the Brush-Off or You Just Got Punked

Today is Saturday. True to her word, a crate from Celestia arrived on my front porch right after breakfast. Dragging the crate inside, I notice there is a scroll attached to the top. I grab it and unroll it. In essence, the scroll states that the crate has an enchantment on it to keep items within refrigerated for extended periods of time and that if I ever need more to contact Celestia. I open up the crate and am greeted with the sight of fresh meat, already shaped into patties. I move the crate beside the fridge so it’s out of the way.

I found out from the townspeople that it was Applebuck season, so I refused to go outside and deal with a tired, confused, and stubborn Applejack causing chaos around town. I did the next best thing, which was to stay inside all day and enjoy a game marathon of Skyrim. I’m serious. I spent the entire day playing Skyrim without any disturbances, killing trolls and looting in the name of the Nine Divines (Praise be to Talos!). I called it quits at around ten that night.


I awoke the next morning, refreshed for the day ahead. I’d need to be since if I remember right, today or tomorrow should be the day Gilda comes to town. I’d finish my morning routine and throw on a t-shirt with the classic Abby Road cover plastered on the front of it and a pair of black cargo shorts. After I throw on my shoes, I open the door, ready to deal with-

“Stop! Look down,” A voice screams in my head as I freeze mid-step.

I listen to the voice and look down, seeing a small strand of string in front of the door at about the height of my foot. I hear snickering come from a nearby bush off to my left. Thank God I listened to that voice. I completely forgot that Rainbow and Pinkie are pranking the town. Well, I won’t give them the satisfaction of pranking me. I’d rather join them in pranking the town, but that doesn’t mean I can’t screw with them beforehand. I smack my head, acting like I forgot something, and walk back inside.

I head for the window in my room and open it, climbing outside so that I’m now at the backside of my house. I quietly close the window before sneaking around the left side. Peering around the corner, I spot a rainbow tail sticking out of the bush and the pranking device situated on my roof. It turns out the string in front of the door is a decoy. The prank looks like a catapult that would fling a pie into my face when a string attached to the catapult was pulled. The real string led right into the bush where Pinkie and Rainbow are hiding. I smile and silently curse them for almost pranking me. I seriously considered just cutting the wire and believing everything was safe when I first saw the decoy. I creep up behind the bush.

I put a wicked grin on my face and dive headfirst into the bush, screaming, “Here’s Johnny!”

Their reactions are priceless. Pinkie screams and runs away only to smack into a lamppost, while Rainbow shouts and flies right towards the front door, completely forgetting the string in her hand. I watch as the trap springs, the catapult launching the pie. It swings down and plows into Rainbow on the left side of her face. I burst out laughing at them. Pinkie recovers from smacking the lamppost and laughs as well when she sees Rainbow.

“Dashie, you got a little something on your face.” Pinkie says before resuming her laughing. Rainbow shakes her head, cream covering her face. She glares at me.

“Yeah, Dash, looks like you got… Creamed!” Pinkie and I are rolling on the ground at this point. Through teary eyes, I look at Rainbow to see her laughing with us. Our laughter eventually dies down and Rainbow wipes the cream from her face.

“How’d you know?”

“I didn’t at first but I got this weird feeling telling me to look down. When I saw the string, I figured it was a prank. I also didn’t know where you were until you decided to snicker.”

She facepalms. “Damn it!”

Pinkie’s eye light up and I swear I hear a ding. “Do you want to come pranking with us? We could totally have bigger and better pranks! It’ll be fun!”

“I don’t know. I was planning on seeing what Twilight is doing.”

Rainbow wraps her hand around me. “Come on, Blake! This will be way better than whatever egghead stuff Twilight is doing.”

“Alright, you talked me into it.”

“Yes!” Rainbow high fives Pinkie, “This is gonna be so awesome!”


The town fell beneath our pranking might. With our combined pranking knowledge, we were unstoppable. Nobody was safe in our travels across town. We replaced all of Twilight’s inkwells with disappearing ink, painted some of the apples in Sweet Apple Acres in random colors, messed with Rarity's fashions by adding random objects to the finished design, and so much more. Most ponies, once they found out it was a prank, laughed along with us.

Right now, we are standing by a lake on the outskirts of town. Pinkie and I are snickering over the black ink we put over the eyepiece of the telescope Rainbow is looking through. “So, Dash, who’s our next victim?

Rainbow turns to look at us. I couldn’t hold back the snickering when I see a black ring around her left eye. “Fluttershy is almost in position so be ready to pull that string when I say so. Got it?” she says before turning to look back into the telescope.

I immediately stop laughing. “Hold up. There is no way I’m pranking Fluttershy.”

“Yeah, Dashie, pranking Fluttershy is just wrong!”

“But—”

“There is no way in hell you can get me to do anything to scare or harm her! There are some people you prank and some you just don’t.” Pinkie nods in agreement with me.

Rainbow sighs. “Yeah, I guess you’re right. But who are we gonna prank next?” She turns to look at us. Pinkie and I break out laughing. She cocks her head to the side. “What’s so funny?”

“Oh Dashie, you were so busy with that telescope that me and Blake went ahead and pranked somepony else already!”

“Really? Who was it?”

I point to the lake. “Take a look for yourself. I’m sure you’ll get an eyeful.”

Rainbow just shrugs and walks towards the lake. “So, who exactly am I looking for?”

“Oh, it’s just somebody really close to you,” I say, Pinkie and I walking up beside her.

She reaches the edge of the lake and looks around. “But there’s nopony here.” I point into the water. She looks in and sees her reflection. She bursts out laughing as well. “Good one, guys!”

The sun was setting over the horizon, coating the land a tinge of orange. “It’s been fun, girls, but it’s getting late so I’ll see you all tomorrow.”

“Itotallyforgottofinishbakingthosecupcakesforthe CakesitwassuperduperfuntodaybutIgottagonowseeyoutomorrowbye!” I look at the spot where Pinkie was standing only to see a pink blur dashing down the road.

“Yeah, I’ll see you tomorrow, Blake. All this pranking really tired me out.”

I cross my arms and look at Rainbow. “Oh really? How can you be tired when every other waking moment you’re napping?”

“Hey!” Rainbow jabs a finger into me, “Being as awesome as me takes a lot of work!”

I just chuckle and walk away, yelling over my shoulder, “Sure it does, Rainbow, sure it does. Anyway, get some rest, Miss Awesome. I’ll see you tomorrow.”


After my morning routine, I grabbed my iPod and headed out, dressed in a black t-shirt and blue basketball shorts, to meet Gilda or, at the very least, get some photographic evidence of Gilda being a complete ass to the town. I only take a few steps when I’m tackled to the ground. I groan. If this is how my day is going to be, then I probably should have never left my home.

I hear giggles and the pressure on my chest is lifted. “Whoopsi. Sorry Blake, I didn’t see you there. I was in such a rush to see Dashie about pranking today and then I started thinking about new pranks and how to incorporate—”

I sit up and shove my hand over Pinkie’s mouth. “Enough! I need coffee if I’m going to spend another minute around you.” She pulls my hand down. Reaching behind a nearby tree a fair distance away, she pulls out a steaming cup of coffee and hands it to me. I take the cup from her, frowning at the absurd lack of logic here. “How in the world did you reach behind that tree from over here and why is a cup of coffee behind it?” I take a sip. Black and strong, just the way I like it.

“It isn’t that far away. See?” She demonstrates by reaching behind the tree and pulling out a muffin. “And I keep emergency stashes around Ponyville in case of emergencies, like coffee for hangovers!”

“One day Pinkie, I’m going to figure out just how you manage to be… You.” I down the coffee and Pinkie devours the muffin. I hand the cup to Pinkie, who just stashes it in her hair, and stand up. “So, you ready for an epic day of pranking with Rainbow?”

“Uh, duh! It wouldn’t be epic if Dashie wasn’t there!” She yells as she skips away. “Come on! I know some great traveling music!” She takes a deep breath while I look around for the source of the music I hear.


As much as I tried to resist, I couldn’t help singing along with Pinkie. Apparently, the town agreed with me as well since they joined in at random intervals. How Pinkie gets an entire town, including me, to sing along is beyond me. Also, how does she know that song? I make a mental note to figure this out later. As soon as the song finishes, the ponies that joined in disperse. Pinkie and I laugh, planning our pranks out as we walk the rest of the way to Rainbow’s house.

“How about we put hot sauce in some ice cream and give it to a random pony?” I say. I ignore Pinkie’s response as Rainbow’s house, no, palace would be the correct term, comes into view. I gaze in awe at the Roman styled columns, the massive rainbow falls, and the overall open, airy design of it. I know it was shown multiple times in the show but to see it in person is overwhelming.

I’m snapped back to reality when I hear Pinkie yell, “Rise and shine, Rainbow Dash!” Gilda pokes her head out and looks down at us. Rainbow pokes her head out shortly after.

“Morning you two!” Rainbow flies down and lands beside Pinkie. “Gilda, these are my friends, Pinkie Pie and Blake.”

Gilda lands on the ground in front of us. She’s about the same height as ponies but more muscular than them. She is wearing a white shirt under a black jacket and black cargo pants. She turns away from us before speaking. “Hey, what’s up?”

“Guys, this is my griffon friend, Gilda.”

Before Pinkie can respond, I answer her question. “A griffon is a creature that is half lion and half eagle.”

Gilda wraps her arm around Rainbow. “And all awesome!” Rainbow pushes her away, and then they do a complicated hand shake.

“Gilda’s my friend from junior flight camp. Do you still remember the chant?”

“Pfft, yeah. They made us recite it every day. It was the lamest thing ever.” Rainbow nods her head towards us and raises her eyebrows. Gilda sighs. “This one time, only for you.” Rainbow bolts into the air while Gilda lazily follows her up, chanting the, well, chant.

After they finish and land, Pinkie and I start laughing. I have never seen anything more humiliating than that in my entire life. Rainbow just brushes it off while Gilda is glaring at me and Pinkie.

“Anyway,” I say as our chuckles die down, “the reason me and Pinkie came over here is that we’re pranking the town today. Are you two game?”

“Huh,” Gilda idly examines her talons, “While I enjoy a good prank, Dash here promised me a flying session.” Before we could respond, Gilda takes off into the air and starts flying towards the mountains in the distance.

“Right! Sorry guys, I’ll catch up with you two later.” Rainbow takes off and follows Gilda.

Pinkie lets out a sigh. I turn and see her hair losing some of its puffiness. I pat her on the back. “Come on, Pinkie, Dash will be along later. For now, we need to get back to pranking! We’re burning precious daylight!”

Her mane returns to its natural look and she grins from ear to ear, bouncing in place. “You’re right! We have so many pranks to get to! Who should we prank first? Wait a minute,” She freezes mid bounce, “Did you put a kick me sign on my back?”

Damn, if only I had some paper and a pencil. I totally would have done that! But she doesn’t know that I didn’t. “No way would I put a kick me sign on you! I’d put a fuck me sign on you!” I burst out laughing.

“What?!” She whips her head around to look for the sign, her hands frantically searching her back, only to find nothing. It takes her only a second to realize what I did and she bursts out laughing as well. “You got me good! I was all like ‘what’ and you were laughing and I panicked and—”

“I hate to cut this short but there’s a town that’s in serious need of pranking from a pink pony and a human. Come on!” I yell as I sprint for the town, “Allons-y!”

“Wait for me!”


We had just finished pranking Rarity by squeezing a whoopee cushion every time she sat down… And moved. As we run away, laughing our heads off, I spot Rainbow and Gilda above, heading for a cloud. I nudged Pinkie. “Look. It’s Rainbow and Gilda. Think they’re ready for pranking yet?”

“I don’t know, but I’ll find out.” Pinkie walks beneath the cloud and pulls out a full size trampoline from behind a rock. She climbs on and starts bouncing.

My mind is conflicted. My knowledge of the show demands to let the trampoline appearance go and just blame it on Pinkie being Pinkie while the logic part insists that I solve how she did that. Unable to resist the urges any longer, I run over and examine every inch of the rock, looking for any way to explain how Pinkie did that. I sigh in defeat after finding nothing unusual about the rock. It’s just another rock, nothing more, nothing less.

I turn around and my mind screams in rage. Sitting before me is a strange pedal powered flying machine. Pinkie is attaching the final decoration, a flag with her Cutie Mark (You know, I really should find out if they even have Cutie Marks on their body here) on it, to the back as I take a deep breath. “Pinkie, what is this… thing, and why?”

“This,” She gestures with her hands, “Is my flying machine that will allow me to talk to Dashie and Gilda way up there.”

I look up and can still see Rainbow (Seriously though. How hard is it to miss rainbow hair in the sky?) and Gilda. Honestly, it doesn’t look that far from the ground to me. It would probably be more practical to yell up at this point and talk to them but I’ll let Pinkie have her fun. She climbs onto the pedals and steadily gains altitude. She hovers when she reaches the same height as the cloud. I’m surprised to find out that I was wrong with the hearing them from the ground. I can barely make out their mouths moving and yet, I hear nothing.

Rainbow takes off from the cloud and I see Gilda grab the propeller tower. Oh right, now I remember why I grabbed my iPod. I quickly pull it out and start recording the exchange between Pinkie and Gilda. Just like the show, Gilda grabs the propeller, causing the ROFLcopter, the name I have christened to it, to spin like a top. I watch as it loses control and crashes into the ground a short distance away. I’m pretty sure that no matter what world I’m in, that could be considered endangerment or attempted murder. I stop filming and rush over to the crash site. The ROFLcopter is in pieces but there is no sign of Pinkie.

“Blake! Over here!” I turn to see Pinkie with a parachute on dangling from a tree. “Could you help me down? I’m a little hung up at the moment.” She giggles at her pun.

I cut the ropes hanging her and she falls to the ground. “What happened?”

The smile on Pinkie’s face is replaced with a frown. “Gilda told me to get lost and leave her and Dash alone. She said that Dash doesn’t need us anymore now that she’s here.”

“Are you sure? Something seems off about Gilda but I don’t think she’d do something like this.”

“Of course I’m sure!”

“Alright, I believe you. Let’s just give them their space for now. Come on, I know what will cheer you up. Milkshakes on me!”

That trademark Pinkie smile is back. “Can I get a chocolate one?! Or how about a strawberry one?! Can I get both with a cherry on top?!”

I laugh. “You can get whatever you want. Now come on. Those milkshakes aren’t gonna get themselves.”


We are sitting outside Sugercube Corner. I am enjoying a simple vanilla milkshake while Pinkie drinks her chocostrawvanilla, as she calls it, shake. “So, Pinkie, I was thinking about what happened about Gilda earlier…”

Pinkie cocks her head. “And?”

“Are you sure you’re not jealous of Gilda?”

Pinkie slams her hands on the table. “What?! I’m not the jealous, judgmental, jealously type! Gilda’s just a big meanie!”

“Pinkie, just because Rainbow has another friend and can’t hang out with you right now, it doesn’t mean that Gilda is mean. Do you feel the same way about Twilight or Rarity when they do things together without you?”

Pinkie hangs her head. “No, I don’t feel that way.”

“You have to give people a chance to show their true selves. Maybe deep down, Gilda is in need of a few friends. And you know the best way to make friend is with a…?”

Pinkie lifts her head back up and smiles. “A party! Thanks, Blake. You really know how to cheer ponies up. Now,” she chugs the milkshake down and slams the glass back on the table, “I have a party to plan!” She zips off into Sugercube Corner and I just laugh. Good to see that she bounces back from situations like that. But I have more pressing matters to attend to right now.

I look up and watch as Rainbow and Gilda land on the other side of the market. They do a fist bump before Rainbow flies off. Gilda looks around and then heads to a vegetable stall. I pull out my iPod and film Gilda’s tail reaching into the apple buckets at the side of the stand and pulling out an apple, which she eats in a single bite. Might as well add theft to the list of crimes. I shut off the recording when I notice Fluttershy walking backwards through the market, leading a family of ducks to wherever. She bumps into Gilda.

“Hey! Watch it! I’m walking here!”

“Oh, I’m sorry. I didn’t see—”

“I’m sorry. I’m sorry,” Gilda mocks in imitation of Fluttershy. Gilda moves forward and Fluttershy moves back, eyes wide in fear. The duck family scatters. “Pay attention, dofus!”

“B-B-But…”

Gilda rears her head back and lets out a loud roar right in Fluttershy’s face. I see Fluttershy’s eyes tear up before she turns and runs crying out of the market. That’s it. I could have left the apple theft slide but causing Fluttershy to cry has invoked my fury. No one, and I mean no one, causes that kind hearted pony to cry. I down the milkshake and head for the library. That bitch is going to pay.


I reach the library and don’t even bother knocking as I open the door and walk in. Then again, why would I? It’s a public building. Twilight, Spike, and Pinkie are standing in the main room.

“There you are, Blake! I was just inviting Twilight and Spike to Gilda’s ‘Welcome to Ponyville, Gilda!’ party! Are you coming?”

“Oh, I’ll be there.” I crack my knuckles.

“Great! Now I just got to invite the rest of Ponyville! Bye!” Pinkie zips out the door, leaving a dust cloud in the exact shape of her in the middle of the room for a few seconds.

Twilight turns to me. “So, what can I help you with, Blake?”

“Do you mind if I borrow a quill, scroll, and Spike for a little bit?”

“What do you need me for?”

“You’re the only effective means of communication to the Princess.”

“You’re writing a letter to the Princess? You know, I could proofread it for—”

I hold my hand up. “Sorry, Twilight, but this letter is only meant for the eyes of me and the Princess.”

“Alright, I understand,” She levitates a quill and scroll over, “But if you need any help, I’ll be over here organizing some of the books by the first name of the author.”

“Thanks, Twilight.” I sit down in the corner and get to work writing the letter.

Dear Princess Celestia,

Its Blake here and I have some very important news to share with you. A childhood friend of Rainbow Dash’s, a griffon by the name of Gilda, came to town today. However, I have some very important news to share with you. Throughout the course of the day, I have witnessed Gilda commit crimes. These range from simple theft to nearly killing Pinkie by making her fall from the sky. It’s a long story with that last part and it makes my brain hurt just thinking about it, so I’m gonna chalk that one up to Pinkie being Pinkie. I’m not sure how serious a crime like theft is here, but it is still a crime. I would have told a local guard but this town has none. If you don’t believe me, I have film proving that Gilda committed these crimes. I await your swift response.

From, Blake

I roll up the scroll. “Spike, if you would be so kind.” I hold the scroll out to him.

“With pleasure!” He grabs the scroll from my hand and takes a deep breath before releasing green flames onto the scroll. I watch it turn into a purplish aura and fly out the window towards Canterlot.

“So, Blake, you’ve met Gilda. What’s she like?”

I close my eyes and lean back against the wall. “Hard to say but she seems friendly enough.” I mustn’t alert Twilight or anyone else that Gilda is mean just yet. I’m waiting to see what the Princess says first. I open my eyes when I hear Spike belch. Wow, that was fast. I grab the scroll and silently read it.

Dear Blake,

Thank you for bringing this to my attention. This Gilda is a fugitive from the Griffon kingdoms who recently escaped prison and is wanted for two counts of murder. She is considered to be very dangerous. I’m sending two royal guards to apprehend her and would like for you to assist them. They should arrive at the library within the hour. Good luck and may the sun guide you.

Princess Celestia

Well, shit. I wasn’t expecting for Gilda to be a wanted criminal. But it does kinda make sense why she came to Ponyville since there are no guards around and very few people who would know her past.

“What did the Princess say?” Spike asks.

“Nothing you need to worry about now.” I may seem calm on the outside, but inside, I’m screaming. Gilda, a very dangerous criminal, in a building full of ponies where one of the Elements resides. There are so many things that can go wrong with this.

“I’m heading out for the party early. You coming too, Blake?”

I shake my head. “Nah. Think I’ll relax here for a little bit.”

“Okay then. See you at the party. Come on, Spike.”

They walk out the door and leave me alone with my thoughts. I’m running thousands of scenarios through my head, some good and others gruesome, when a knock on the door interrupts me. I stand up and head for the door. Upon opening it, I’m greeted by two ponies decked out in sun yellow armor with blue detailing. The one of the left is a pegasi stallion with brown skin and a red mane while the one on the right is a unicorn mare with light blue skin and black mane with a single white streak running down the center. Both of them have a sheathed sword on their right hip.

The mare steps forward and nods. “I’m Light Step and this is my partner, Strong Will,” The stallion nods, “Of the Solar Guard.”

I nod back. “I’m Blake. I’m assuming that you’re the ones I’m helping with Gilda?”

“You would be correct. Now we must hurry before the target realizes we’re here,” Strong Will says.

“Right. Come on. I have a feeling I know exactly where she’s gonna be.”


I lead them to an alleyway across from Sugercube Corner where we have a perfect view of the main entrance. While they take up positions, I walk over and peek in one of the windows. I don’t see any sign of Gilda or any indication that the party had started. I walk back over to the alley and join the guards in observation.

“Any sign of the target?” Light Step asks me.

I shake my head. “No sign of her yet, but she’s bound to show up. This party is for her after all.” We sit in silence for a little longer till my curiosity gets the better of me. “So, what exactly are your talents?”

“What do you mean?” Strong Will asks.

“Usually when a group of people, or in this case ponies, are joined into an elite group, it’s because each one of them is an expert in a certain field, like stealth.”

Light looks at me and smirks. “If you ever need intel or a silent infiltration, I’m your mare.”

“You ever want to knock somepony out or just tire them out, I’m your stallion.” Strong Will says, his eyes fixated on the entrance of Sugercube Corner.

I look to the entrance and see Gilda and Rainbow landing outside. “There she is. That’s our target right there.”

We watch as Gilda and Rainbow enter Sugercube Corner. Light turns to me. “You’ve been here the longest. Are there any other entrances?”

I nod my head. “There should be a back door through the kitchen. There should also be a balcony on the second floor that goes through a bedroom.”

“I’ll alert you when I’m in.” Light’s horn glows a dark blue and she fades from sight.

We stand around waiting until Strong motions to move forward. “How do you know she’s ready?” I ask as we leave the alley and head for the main entrance.

“We have a telepathic link between us that allows for the sending and receiving of thoughts. She’s set up in the back corner by the steps, invisible mind you, with a clear view of the target.

We stack up beside the door, Strong on the left and I on the right. “So, how are we doing this? We burst in and take her by surprise or are we going to ask her to surrender first?

He smirks. “Are you kidding? They never surrender. Feel free to try though, but let’s hope she refuses. I’m itching for a fight.”

I smirk back. “I like the way you think.” I step in front of the door and kick it open with a loud bang. Strong and I quickly step in as everybody turns to look at us, shouting out in confusion.

“Surrender now, Gilda, by the order of Princess Celestia and the Griffon kingdoms! You’re going back to jail where you belong!” I yell loud enough for the room to get quiet.

Gilda flares her wings and glares at us. I can see the fire in her eyes. “I ain’t going back to jail!” She jumps straight towards me, her talons extended.

Thinking quickly, I roll forward underneath her. I know animals can smell fear so Gilda must be getting a pungent odor right about now. Coming up from the roll, I raise my fists and adopt a boxing stance. Strong dives towards her, but Gilda merely throws her arm out and knocks Strong against the wall. Light rushes her but Gilda grabs her and throws her against the wall as well.

Turning to me, Gilda adopts a similar stance and rushes forward. She swings but I jump back. Before she can move, I throw a right hook that connects with her face. She steps back and I press the attack. She sees this coming and delivers a swift uppercut to my gut. I bend over and grunt in pain. Before she can do anymore, I knee her in the gut and jump back. She groans in pain as I rush around to her backside and punch her in the back of the head. Her resulting kick hits me with enough force to push me away. I sprint forward, ready to throw another punch. Gilda spins off to the left and punches my face.

My vision blurs as I reel back from the hit. Reaching out, I grab the first thing my hand touches. Swinging whatever it is at Gilda, I’m rewarded with a sharp clang sound and Gilda shouting in pain. My vision clears up and I drop the tray in my hands.

“You have a weapon! Remember the sharp, pointy thing in your pocket?!”

“Right.” Grabbing my knife, I flick it open and hold it in my right hand.

Gilda turns around, laughing once she sees my knife. “You think that puny thing can stop me?! I’ve seen bigger weapons used by the griffon guards!”

I smirk. Rule one when fighting multiple opponents, always be aware of each opponent. “Probably not, but I’m pretty sure he can.”

“What are—” Was all she manages to get out before Strong tackles her to the ground. I look to my right and see Light beside me, horn glowing. I look back at the struggle to see that Gilda’s right half is covered in the same glow as Light’s horn, which is pinning her to the ground. Strong is still having trouble trying to pin down Gilda’s left half.

“Get over there and keep her from moving! I can’t contain her if she keeps struggling this much!” Light yells at me, sweat forming on her forehead.

I rush over and jam my foot as hard as I can where Gilda’s wings attach to her body. I rewarded with a crunch and Gilda screaming in pain (Note to self. When taking on winged opponents, always go for where the wings connect to the body). It’s enough of a distraction for Strong to pin Gilda down long enough for the glow to seep over and completely pin her to the ground except for her head. I walk over in front of Gilda and bend down so I’m right in front of her.

“You’ll regret this!” She snarls, venom laced in her words.

I laugh and cup her chin in my left hand while my right hand puts the knife back in my pocket. “I probably will, but right now, you’ll regret your actions from today.” I ball my right hand into a fist and pull back before throwing everything I have into the punch. Her head snaps to her right as I connect. “This is for Fluttershy and Pinkie!” I yell before rearing back for another punch. I don’t remember how many punches I throw before I’m pulled away.

“That’s enough, Blake!” Strong yells as he pulls me back.

“That bitch deserves more! She hurt somebody I care about!” I glare at Gilda, who now has a black eye and is coughing blood up. I look at the faces of everybody else in the room to see them staring wide eyed at me. Twilight is covering up Spike’s ears (Speaking of which, does he even have ears? Are they those green fins on the side of his head?). I look at my hands which have flecks of blood on them.

Oh God, what have I done? I let anger get in the way of logic. Look at what it cost me, the trust of my friends and the town to be replaced with fear. I stand up and rush out the door, getting as far away from Ponyville as possible. I need to be alone right now.


I find a tree on a hill overlooking the town and take refuge underneath it. The sun is setting and probably looks spectacular from up here but I am far too busy being curled up in a ball with my eyes closed. I shouldn’t be in this world. I broke the trust of these ponies that I have come to call my friends. They’ll never be able to forgive me. I let my anger get the better of me and it clouded my judgment. All my anger from games, haters, and life in general, I kept inside me. It’s not healthy, I know, but I had no other forms of stress relief. Today, I let it all out in those punches. This is not me. Today, I became the monster that I always promised myself I’d never become.

I don’t know how long I sat there under that tree, listening to the world around me, when I start singing. I sing out loud, tearing up as I go further into the song. I look up when I finish, seeing the last rays of sunshine disappearing along the horizon. I mentally laugh at how metaphorical that is right now.

“Blake?” I turn to my left to see the girls coming towards me.

“How long have you been there?”

“Long enough to hear you sing,” Twilight says.

“It doesn’t matter. What do you want anyway? Chase me out of town? Throw me into a dungeon?” I sigh and hang my head, “Do whatever you wish. I probably deserve it.”

“We would like to thank you.”

I jerk my head back up. “Thank me? I thought everybody would be afraid of me now that they know what I’m capable of. What I can do when pushed far enough.”

“They were dearie, until those royal guards explained what Gilda was wanted for.”

“I told everypony what Gilda did to me in the market. Um, thank you for standing up for me. ”

“I told them what Gilda said to me and how she almost made me crash into the ground! I told you she was a big mean meanie pants!”

“Gilda confessed ta everything.”

“I hate to see Gilda like that, but if you ask me, she got what she deserved.” Even though she is trying to hide it, I can see the crushing disappointment on Rainbow’s face.

“Wait. You mean to tell me that you want to thank me because I helped take down a dangerous criminal?” They all nod, “But aren’t you afraid of what you saw me become back there, a creature fueled by anger and vengeance?”

Twilight comes over and places a hand on my shoulder. “We know who you are and what you’re like. You would never go out of your way to hurt others without a justified reason, and Gilda being a wanted criminal is justified in my book. You just lost yourself to emotions. It happens to the best of anypony.”

“You’re right, but I still lost the trust of everybody in town.”

“Actually, everypony in town applauded for you when they found out what Gilda did. Even though Gilda was dangerous, you still stood up to her.”

“We may be ah fairly large town sugercube, but we treat each other like family. Ya mess with one pony, ya mess with the town.”

I pull Twilight into a hug and motion for the rest of the girls to join in. “Thank you, all of you, for telling me this. I’m sorry for the way I acted with Gilda. I just couldn’t stand the thought of someone like that hurting my friends when I knew I could do something about it. It’s just that all my anger over the years finally found a release.” After our hug is over, I stand up. “It’s been a long day for all of us so how’s about we head home and get some rest?” They all nod in agreement.


We each went our separate ways as we walk through town. As Twilight and I near the library, I ask her, “So, what did they do with Gilda?”

“The guards cast a stasis spell on her and loaded her onto their chariot. She’ll be sent back to the griffon kingdoms where she will stand trial for her crimes.”

“Let’s hope her trial is fairer than what I would have given her,” Twilight opens the library door and starts to step inside but I put a hand on her shoulder, stopping her. “Thanks again for still trusting me, even after you’ve seen what I can do.”

She smiles and nods. “Nopony blames you for the way you acted. We’re just glad you and those guards were there to stop her before she did something dangerous to anypony.”

I smile back. Waving to her, I head home. I’m ready to put this day behind me.

Author's Note:

Welp, don't expect a update for a while, what with final projects and work keeping me busy. But trust me, at the first possible chance, I will get back to writing this.

PreviousChapters Next