• Published 4th Mar 2016
  • 4,178 Views, 194 Comments

Kirsarnia - Urimas Ebonheart



An MMO dungeoneering party arrives in Equestria after a failed dungeon run where the boss pulls them through their monitors upon his victory.

  • ...
10
 194
 4,178

Arc 1 - Chapter 18: Building a City Part 1

Author's Note:

I think I'll stop using the (battle start/stop) segments from now on as its starting to get repetitive.

Kirsarnia
Arc 1 - Chapter 18: Building a City Part 1

The large convoy begins its trek to the Guildhall, with Twilight's party protecting the left side while Celestia's protects the right.

Cadence and Shining are feeling nervous as they look outside through their carriage's windows.

"I still think this is a bad idea..." Shining Armour mutters to himself as he watches his sister talk to Fluttershy and Rarity.

"Oh stop being such a worry wart. I trust my aunts, they know what they're doing," Cadence tells him as she watches Spike lug around two massive weapons just as big as himself.

"I don't doubt that. But I don't like Twily nor Spike out there where there's nothing I can do to help them," he replies with a frown. He then glares at the timberwolf following Vinyl loyally, confused as to why a monster is obeying her.

"They're safer than us if what aunty Tia said was true about Rainbow Dash. Even if she's killed, she'll reappear at the nearest crystal unharmed," she says to try and calm him down.

He sighs as turns to look at her. "Still doesn't mean I can't worry for her," he tells her and leans back in his chair.

Meanwhile, Luna is keeping a diligent eye out for any monsters in the area, eager to charge straight back into battle and make these beasts pay for what they've put her people through over the years.

Applejack is also keeping an eye open for any movement while Rainbow is flying above as a lookout.

After about seven minutes of silence, Lyra then yells out. "MONSTERS BEHIND US!" she warns Luna who turns around with a fire in her eyes.

"THEN TO BATTLE!" Luna cries out with the royal canterlot voice and rushes at the two slimes and four timberwolves with her Cleaving Rush skill, hitting three of them, followed by a stomp of her hoof, causing a shockwave and getting the aggro from them all.

The convoy stops as Cadence and Shining Armour watch in awe as Luna is swinging her sword at the monsters with glee. Although they see no visible wounds on the monsters from her attacks, they also see Luna not receiving any from their attacks as well. Luna, though not taking any physical wounds, ignores the slight stinging pain she receives every time the monsters hit her back.

Spike and Bon Bon run around them so they're behind the monsters and start their own attacks. Spike with his slow and powerful swings, while Bon bon uses quick and nimble strikes. Vinyl and Lyra move to the sides and attack from a safe range.

Celestia stands behind Luna and to the side as she attacks the monsters with basic magical holy bolt attacks and her Holy Judgement spell at a timberwolf which heals Luna when she hits it.

Octavia is just gawking at Vinyl as she throws her javelins at the monsters and her pet is also attacking one of the timberwolves.

As the battle goes on, Rainbow spots another group of five timberwolves heading their way. "Guys! I see more coming!" she yells down to her friends and flies back down.

Applejack readies her shields and the moment the monsters get within range, she charges them with her Bastion Rush skill.

Fluttershy casts her Nature's Spring AoE healing spell next to Applejack and then places a Bloom spell on her back which gives the Juggernaut HP regen.

Rainbow flies behind the timberwolves and begins punching rapidly with a wide smile on her face.

Twilight starts casting her arcane spells from a safe distance along with Rarity who is throwing her shurikens at the monsters.

Pinkie is giggling as she fires shell after shell from her cannon at the timberwolves.

The battles don't take more than five minutes as the monsters are defeated and the small amount of loot distributed.

Shining and Cadence glance at each other in stunned silence at what they just witnessed.

"The monsters can be defeated!" a construction worker says in disbelief.

"The princesses were telling the truth... we can fight back!" another says with hope in his tone.

The two parties cheer and get back into position as the convoy resumes their trek.

It takes over a good three hours, with Celestia informing Frank of their progress and location from time to time, but they all arrive safe and sound. The parties even levelled up from all the battles.

Frank and the others are now in the courtyard near the Anchor Crystal waiting for the ponies. Celestia walks up to Frank with a smile on her face.

"Hello, Frank. As you can see, we've arrived unharmed," she tells him, making the Guardian smile in return.

"I can see that. So, I take it the workers will be living here during their work?" Frank asks, eyeing the pink alicorn that steps out of a carriage.

"Yes. We've brought enough supplies for now to build four family houses, and a fair amount of road. We wish to start building the residential area for the workers to live in and then expand to allow more people to move in. Then we can focus on the industrial and commercial areas," Celestia replies.

"I see. Well, we've decided to have the layout the same as Concord, the capital city of Kirsarnia," Frank says and pulls out a sheet of paper showing the layout of Concord from the game.

It shows Celestia the general layout of the city, and her eyes widen at the sheer size of it.

"You wish to build a city this big?" she asks in surprise. The diagram on the paper makes the city look five times bigger than Canterlot.

"Yes, we don't know if your old city can be freed or not from being a dungeon, as this one and the Everfree one are just suppressed and not removed. So, wouldn't it be better just to make a new capital city here? This way, if new people wish to join the guild, the low level area is perfect for them to start training and learning how to fight," Frank replies, returning his attention to the new guild members talking to Cadence and Shining Armour.

Celestia sighs while Luna frowns. "You wish for us to just give up on our home?" Luna asks accusingly.

"Let's say we do clear the Canterlot Dungeon someday, but what if it can never be returned to normal?" the Guardian asks her.

Luna's frown deepens as she sighs. "Very well... I can understand that. But it will take us decades to build a city of this size without more workers," she then says looking back up to Frank.

"Then send word out that a new capital is being built and that any and all workers are needed for its construction. How much is the wage for the workers?" Frank asks them.

"Twenty bits an hour," Celestia replies.

"Then we can get hundreds of them here to build. If my party, as well as Twilight's and yours chip in bits we find to the Guild Vault, then we can easily pay them. We can earn a lot of bits running our dungeon as well as the Everfree one repeatedly. And we'll also move out to higher level areas as well that will reward us with even higher amounts of bits and resources later. Paying for the construction and or materials will not be a problem. Back in Kirsarnia, our group alone had a total of fifty-five million gold between us. We pooled our gold together and bought a small island for ourselves as a home," he tells them.

Both Celestia and Luna's eyes widen at that.

"You were that wealthy?" Luna asks stunned.

"Not just us, a lot of players had just as much. The top guild that had the most members of nine-hundred or so had a total of four-hundred million gold last I recall," Jack replies, cutting off Frank before he could speak. Both sisters blanch at the number they heard.

Before they could reply, Cadence and Shining, along with the others, walk over to the group.

"So... these are the ones who gave you your new magic?" Shining Armour asks Twilight as he looks over the five friends.

"Yes. They're the ones who can let us fight the monsters," Twilight replies.

Shining Armour walks up to Frank who raises an eyebrow at white unicorn. Shining then narrows his eyes and leans right up to Frank's face.

"The fuck's his problem?" Jack asks glaring at the unicorn. They continue to stare at each other making Jack twitchy. "Alright you weird motherfucker, back off before I make you," Jack threatens punching his right fist into his left hand’s palm. The muscles in his arms bulging as he glares at Shining Armour.

The white unicorn stallion looks from Frank to Jack with a glare of his own. "You dare threaten the Prince of the Crystal Empire!?" he says to Jack who huffs in anger.

"Damn right I am. I don't care even if you're a god, you threaten my friends and I'll jam my fist so far up your ass that you'll look like a Muppet," Jack replies and gets right up into Shining's face, causing him to stumble back as Jack is a good foot taller.

After a few seconds of glaring at each other, Shining grins and laughs, causing Jack to now look confused.

"Good, you're willing to stand up for those you care for. A good quality," Shining says ending with a chuckle.

"Don't worry about him," Cadence says getting their attention. "He did that to all the new recruits back when he was Captain of the Guard," she tells them with a giggle.

"Okay, so why are you two here?" Frank asks, turning his attention to both Shining Armour and Cadence.

"Our aunts informed us of important news but didn't say what exactly. But after we arrived, she told us about you and your power to give others the ability to slay monsters. She offered me the opportunity to be their healer while letting Shiny choose his own... class I think she called them," Cadence replies with a smile.

"So you both want to fight the monsters as well?" Jack asks, now standing more relaxed.

"Well, I'm not much of a fighter. But after watching even Fluttershy helping her friends, I think I can handle being a healer at least," the pink alicorn replies.

"What about you?" Frank asks Shining.

"If you can give us the power to fight back, then I wouldn't say no. I'd like to help take back our homes and lands from whatever is causing these monsters and dungeons to appear," he replies with a determined frown on his face.

"After we've read your files, we'll let you know if you can join or not. But for now, you can look around while the construction begins," Frank says to Shining and turns to Celestia. "You can begin building whenever you're ready, Celestia," he tells her.

"Very well, We'll start with planning out the roads first," she replies and looks to the workers. "Please set up a tent and get the supplies ready," she then orders the workers.

"At once, your Majesty," they reply and get to work setting up the Tent of operations before getting out the supplies from the carriages.

Celestia then turns to frank and holds out a pile of folders. "Here are the new request forms and files of those who wish to join," she tells Frank who takes the folders from her.

"Alright, once construction begins, we'll head inside and read them," he replies and passes the folders to Jack.

Twilight and her party walk up to Frank with a question to ask him. "Frank?" Twilight says getting the Guardian's attention.

"Yes, Twilight?" he says in reply.

"Would it be okay if we tried to do the dungeon here?" she asks him.

Rainbow Dash looks excited while Fluttershy looks nervous. Pinkie just looks happy and is blowing up a long balloon. Rarity is looking at a hand mirror while Applejack is just standing there waiting for the answer.

"Sure, though I don't think the boss has respawned yet, but you can go in and fight the monsters within," he replies, getting a cheer from Rainbow Dash.

"Absolutely not!" Shining Armour yells making most of the mares jump in surprise. "Fighting a few stray monsters is one thing! But to go into a dungeon where the monsters come from!? Absolutely not!" he tells us with a frown.

"What's your problem? We're immortal now, dude. We'll be fine," Rainbow Dash tells him with a huff and crosses her arms.

"She's right, Shiny. Even if we're defeated, we'll just end up back here," Twilight says gesturing to the anchor crystal.

Shining Armour frowns harder and glares at the crystal before looking to the lightly swirling portal of the dungeon visible through the open castle doors.

"Then I'm coming with you!" he demands firmly.

"I'm not letting anyone not a member of the Guild to go in there," Frank tells him sternly.

"Then make me a member then!" he then tells Frank.

"Not until we've read your file. Now calm down or I'll deem you too unstable and volatile to join the Guild," Frank replies with narrow eyes.

Shining glares at Frank for a few seconds before snorting and walking off back to the carriages.

"I'm sorry about him, he's just protective of his sister," Cadence says with a sigh. "He'll calm down in a few minutes, just give him some space for now."

"Very well, we'll be inside reading these files. Daring, stay with the Princesses and if they need anything from us, you know where to find us," Frank tells the pegasus.

"Okay, Frank," she replies and flutters over to the princesses who are now looking at the tent being set up in the courtyard.

"Twilight?" Frank says getting said mare to yelp and look at him.

"Yes?" she asks in reply.

"You can go into the dungeon, but take it slowly, there are traps in there and we don't know if they can kill you instantly or just damage you. So be careful and pay attention to your surroundings," he warns her.

"Okay, thank you for the warning," she replies and looks to her friends. "Come on everypony!" she says getting a whoop from Rainbow Dash.

"Awww yeah! Dungeon time!" she says and flies off ahead of the others.

"Wait up, Dashie!" Pinkie says and skips into the castle.

The others follow them in while Frank and the others head inside to the Dining Hall to look over the files.