• Published 10th Oct 2014
  • 851 Views, 18 Comments

A Dead Brotherhood - 2Bit Dusk



Fluttershy tangles with the wrong crowd when a assassination hit is taken out on her. Will she face her fears and kill to survive

  • ...
8
 18
 851

Chapter 5 : The Diamond In The Water

It's not everyday that you see three ponies covered in mud, while ridding a giant blue wolf threw the marshes of Ponyvile. And A sight it would of been. Their new friend, the wolf called Moon raced threw the fields of grain and rye. Even with the giant beast carrying the trio, Twilight barley held onto what little life force she had left. Sea felt her head and she was deathly chill, like a corpse in a freezer. Whatever the cultist had done too her was long devastating. But the riddle, even if you could call it that seemed far too easy. Well it would of been difficult for Sea because he did not know this land like Fluttershy did. Sea glanced over from Twilight towards the determined looking Fluttershy, she looked completely different than she had did before. Her pink hair, flowing in the autumn breeze, her crystal blue eyes were fixed towards the direction of the sanctuary. He had felt his heart pounding again, but that was over taken by the pain in his shoulder and the dying Twilight.

The wolf jumped across the hill and landed in the water next to the gate. Sea bite Twilight's scruff and hauled her over his other shoulder. Fluttershy helped them inside the loud, but welcoming home. The master and Rainbow Dash sat across from each other, boasting who was the fastest. Their jaws dropped as the saw the injured crew stumbling in. The master helped the freezing Twilight as Rainbow Dash and Fluttershy helped carry her. The master brought warm towels out and Fluttershy tried to sooth her friends chilling head. Both did little to help the poor mare. While all this was going on his brother came out from the infirmary carrying tonics and pills.

Stonewall took her temperature and poured a dark green liquid down her throat and within moments she started choking and coughing. Her eyes still sat stiff, but a little color returned to her coat. Stonewall shifted around in his medic bag and seconds later he gently pushed a purple pill down her throat and sat back. He sat back and wiped the sweat from his forehead. Twilight shifted in her catatonic state, and his brother put his ear to her chest. He smiled a curling grin and stepped back.

'' Don't worry, her magic has been severely drained, I'll need to do extensive treatment more later. But for right now she needs rest. ''
Fluttershy and Rainbow Dash hugged Stonewall tight.

Sea shot a jealous frown but quickly found himself again. His brother trotted over to Sea and grabbed his hoof, twisting it back in place. Sea yelped and shot another dirty look at his brother, Stonewall just winked and helped Twilight back in her room. He was saved by Fluttershy and now his brother fixed his arm all in one night. What an Grand Assassin he was for sure. He angrily shoved off his brothers help and guided himself into his room and shut the door behind him. He threw his armor on his bed and with immense vitriol he bite down on a leather bound book, making his teeth quiver. Regretting his anger he sat the book on the table gently and blew out the candle

. . .

Sea awoke in a hot daze, with his brother starring down at him. He wiped his head and threw on his cloak and walked out into the artificial light of the chamber. The chamber was barren, even the master was not in his library, odd that. Clumsily he sank into a dinning chair and rested his shoulder. The embarrassment of the night past still fresh in his mind, like a scar. He hadn't been so humiliated since the his father died. But at least they had found Fluttershy's friend, but still who was that shade ? He moved like a dove, even with that iron mask on. Sea doubted that it was really iron, maybe steel or other . . .The mask was far above even Sea's skill set it seemed, and this boiled his blood.

He decided to stop sulking alone like a brat and join the living, or at least he hoped his guest was alive. He limped to the back room where Twilight was being held. He felt like he had walked into a barnyard. Fluttershy and Rainbow Dash sat around the sleeping Twilight as birds chirped and cats meowed. Sea pressed himself against the wall and the mares looked back to see who it was, he calmly waved his hoof. They said hello and went back to caring for their friend. Color had returned to Twilight's face, and she seemed to be sleeping well, and above all breathing. Twilight's eyelids fluttered and then her eyes popped open in a fearful haze. Sea's body shimmered purple, not knowing what was going on his body slammed on the wall and then plummeted on the cold floor. And of all things on his injured shoulder.

'' Your awake ! '' screamed Twilight's friends. Fluttershy and Rainbow Dash hugged their newly awakened friend. Twilight held her friends as well and a smile crossed their faces, at least Fluttershy wasn't alone anymore. Sea picked himself up, counting his teeth and holding his nearly crippled hoof. The hug that they shared escalated so much that the area around them shook with happiness. Sea managed to scrap himself off the floor and hugged the wall for aid.

'' I'm sorry to interrupt by there are more pressing matters at hoof, can you tell us what happened ? '' Sea asked, feeling the scowl of Rainbow dash. The group settled and Twilight gathered her thoughts. She took a moment to fix her self and she sat up in the bed.

'' Well not much exactly, after you took Fluttershy something washed over us. We tried to fight it but we fell down asleep, who were those guys ? they had on weird masks and hoods. I don't know how I ended up in that observatory but I remembered feeling hollow and cold. And sorry for that incident back there, I thought you were one of the hooded guys '' she smiled and Rainbow Dash laughed.

'' It's alright, just don't do it again. The order and I have reason to believe that you, along with your friends are being used to summon a great evil that this land has never seen before. '' Sea said, rushing his words. Rainbow Dash and Twilight just starred at awe at him, he couldn't be serious right ?

'' The group you encountered were called the shadow of Tirek, and they have a ancient device that if powered properly, could bring even Celestia to her knees. And where you are right now is the last sanctuary of Assassin order . . .and Fluttershy's family is one of the founders . . . Annnnnnnd were trying to save your friends . . . . . .from being used as energy sacks. '' he gave a weak smile to try to soften their wide eyes.

'' What in the . . .'' Twilight managed to utter.

'' So, please get comfortable, your gonna be here for awhile. And Flutterhsy check Twilight's forehead. '' He patted the wall next to him to try to escape the awkward silence. Quizzically Fluttershy put her hoof to her friends head and saw nothing. She looked back to the swaying Sea and he shook his head at her mistake. Remembering the burning pain from the last time she used ' eagle sight ' she hesitated. Could she even do it again ? it just popped out of nowhere. But if it meant finding any of her friends she would have to try. She held her breath and thought deeply on her new found power.

She opened her eyes, and like in her cottage everyone and everything was covered in blue line work. With Twilight looking perplexed by her friend, Fluttershy touched her friends forehead. Bizarrely stretched across her forehead were the words,

'' A diamond of flesh among chilling waters, in a forest of stone ''. A blinding flash of forest life crawled around her vision.

The calming picture grew bright as a blinding light filled her pupils. Her gaze was set upon a cold weary tunnel, the tunnel was covered in a murky mist that shinned colors on the ceiling. Fluttershy suddenly felt a thick choking feeling in her throat , like water was being forced down her throat. She coughed and gagged and she tore her hoof off her friends and fell back down again. Rainbow helped her friend up and she held tight on Twilight's bed.

'' What did you see ? I was unable too '' Said Sea, worried that Fluttershy did not see the vision either.

'' Uh, a cave or a tunnel in a forest. There were lots of water and mist, and colors too ''. Fluttershy said while breathing heavily.

'' Do you mean the Ever Tree Forest ? '' asked Twilight.

'' Yeah, I can see it so clearly, I think I know where the tunnel is ''. Fluttershy said feeling much better now.

'' It's decided then, lets depart ! '' said Sea eager to get out of the cramped space of this room.

'' Now wait just a second ! You can't take Fluttershy into something that could be so dangerous '' said Rainbow dash raising her hooves in the air. Rainbow got up to go with them, but her weak knees said otherwise. She plummeted to the floor like a rock. Sea and Fluttershy helped her back into her chair.

'' Sorry about this ladies, ( points at Dash ) you can't walk, ( points at Twilight ) and you can't even get out of bed. I'd rather take an inexperienced worry wort than a cripple . '' Said Sea, his words hitting hard on the group and Fluttershy sank in her chair.

Not realizing what he said he quickly apologized and bite down on his lip. Fluttershy said goodbye to her friends and Dash shot the evil eye at Sea. Sea shot the same unpleasant look back towards Dash, They made their way out of the gate and Sea locked it tight behind him. A smiling wolf greeted them outside, his heavy collar long gone thanks to Fluttershy. She petted his long coat and Sea helped her onto Moon's back.

They rode off from the sanctuary and gazed into the setting sun. Sea felt remorse for his harsh words and angry exterior. He tired to apologize to Fluttershy but lashed out in his mind, thinking that apologizing would do no good. For the rest of the trip Fluttershy rode in silence as Sea twiddled with a lighter. His consent errors and mistakes were making him go mad, and Fluttershy's silence did little to lift his sprites. But alas his arrogance knows no bounds and he constantly had to watch himself around others, his personality could be . . .engulfing. The mood of the trio suddenly took a dark turn as they entered the forest, the moon clashing in the sky above. Fluttershy suddenly grew reserved as they rode about. Sea wanted to comfort her but found that that was probably not the best idea. He had to quell the thumping in his heart.

Fluttershy looked towards the night and held tight as Moon howled at the sky. Fluttershy shivered at her echoing call. The forest was unwelcoming and Fluttershy thought twice about her decision, and then shamed herself for one of her friends was lost in this forest. But she knew the way. She felt a strange connection to Sea, she could sense his movements and hear his breathing, even from afar. He seemed to be alright most times, but he was in a fiery mood because she saved him. She congratulated her self, she did it so rarely and it felt good when she did. But she hoped that he wasn't mad at her, he had been distant the whole way.

Her thoughts were quickly dashed as Moon tipped over onto a rock. The wolf howled and Sea was thrown from the saddle and onto the rocky earth. Sea held his shoulder and charged whatever hit them, but there was nothing but darkness. Fluttershy helped Moon get back on her feet. A haunting shadow fell over them as the moon disappeared over the tall trees, Fluttershy held tight on Moon's shaggy fur. She darkness us was engulfing, she could not see two hooves in front of her. Fluttershy heard wrestling in the distance, it seemed that Sea was fighting somepony. She heard a sicking crack and felt somepony grab her. Paralyzed with fear she could not move and she was thrown into a cave. A thundering explosion erupted behind her and something smashed against her head.

. . .


Fluttershy picked her self up from the chilling puddle of water and gathered her thoughts. She felt her head and her hoof grazed over a giant bump protruding out form her temple. She felt it again and nearly fainted at it's size. She picked herself up from the blue water and looked around the caves walls. Every inch of the walls were covered in diamonds that illuminated in various colors and shades. She looked around in awe at the beauty of the place, the colors shinned on her face. She looked behind her and the entrance was sealed by a boulder with a smiley face crudely drawn on it. Where was Sea ? Where was Moon ? Why were the attacked ?, and most importantly why was this face on this boulder ? It looked liked something Pinkie Pie would draw if she had too much coffee ( Please don't tell her, Pinkie is very self conscious about her coffee consumption ).

She felt her wound again and decided to press on threw the diamond cave. Even the stalagmites and stalactites were made form the valuable rock. Water that went up to her knees filled the corridors, and little fish swam by her hooves. The clear blue freshwater pressed itself against her coat and made her freeze every time she stepped forward. She thought to herself that Rarity should NEVER step hoof into this place for she would really have a heart attack. After a few minutes of tugging threw the water and wondering the endless diamond hallways, something caught her eyes. A shapeless form flickered in the the corner of her eye, when she turned to meet it. It had faded behind a distant corner, with a laugh too boot. She had stepped back and thought to herself on what to do. Finding no other solution she gathered enough bravery and followed the shade.

The maze of diamonds twisted and warped without mercy. Long hallways became cramped, clustered deadens. The shade did not increase or decrease it's speed, only laughed at Fluttershy's expense. She walked, then trotted, and then ran too try to catch her shade friend. As she made her way threw the diamonds got sharper and grew longer and thicker as she descended. Soon green, blue and pink spears jutted out awkwardly threw the walls.

She had to clamor over them to try to meet the shade pace. But as soon as she drew near the shade simply extended the tunnels to meet it's goals. Fluttershy had finally managed to lay a hoof on it's wispy shoulder. When she had done that The stone under her hooves rotted away and she fell a long way. She looked beneath her and saw that she was falling next to a waterfall. A waterfall that was much taller than Canterlots. She tried to flap her wings but found out that she was already in the water.

She picked herself up from the icy water and crawled towards a very out of place bench. A red-wood bench with a purple seat pillow. It looked very inviting but she doubted it's reality, who would put a expensive looking chair in a twisting, winding diamond cave system ? Exhausted form her running, and her quick swim, she crawled towards the safe looking furniture. She was about to touch the royal silk as two apparitions appeared, sending Fluttershy back. Two little filly's were playing with dolls and toy houses. They were dressed in old Victorian ( well as much as Equestria could get ) bonnets and skirts. They started to get into a fight about who would be in the mansion till a voice called from the background.

'' Oh girls ! it's getting late ! '' called a stallion in a hood as he came into view. He helped them into the house and the filly's vanished into mist. The Stallion sighed and sat on the chair, stretching his bones and picking up one of the toys.

He studied it for awhile and then smiled at it's craftsmanship. With his smile gone he sat the toy down and pulled something from his robe. A glowing orb that resembled the description Dash gave. A golden aura circled it, infecting the light around Fluttershy. The stallion starred deeply into it and his mouth curled into a sickly grin. He quickly snapped back to his usual self and shoved the apple into his coat. He cleared his throat and stood up, looking at something far in the distance. He shot a worried glance at the invisible ground and turned his head to a call of a mare.

'' Hawk ! '' The scream echoed in Fluttershy's mind and she held her head tight. The stallion who was her ancestor shot up with a angered brow and ran off into the distance, fading away. She listened to the flowing water of the waterfall. Then silence. She looked up towards the diamonds around her, they seemed dull and grey.

'' AAAAAAAAHHHHHHHH !! '' A rupturing scream busted threw her ear drums and she fell to the cold, rocky ground. Then silence . A nearby wall opened to reveal a passage way, crawling up from the ground she followed soon after.

Sea awoke upside down on a boulder, his spine contorted into a sicking curve. He pried himself off and rolled over onto the ground. His shoulder made a sicking crack as the chilling water met his coat. Angered he looked up to his surroundings and starred. Rows and rows of fluorescent diamonds covered the walls like paper. He went to touch them but drew back, the diamonds were sharp like razors. He cursed the diamonds and decided to press forward and try to find his novice friend.

His eyes strained as the diamonds twisted and contorted around him. He starred at the murky water that surrounded his knees. Murky water of mud, even tho the bottom was rocky stone, just some more good luck. He thought ironically to himself. He wondered where his friend was, tho she wasn't a very good assassin he still cared for her. He debated what kind of feelings he felt deep down, the thoughts made him angry and frustrated. His mind drifted to how calm and collected she was, and how caring she was. The thought made his heart soften and dip.

He wished he could stay in the moment longer but other things begged for his attention. So much that a diamond slapped him in the face. Sea rubbed off the stinging pain and starred at the strange rock. Did this rock just slap me ? he asked himself, rubbing his light cut. Something poked him in the back and turned to meet another silent diamond. He ground his teeth and bite down hard on his lip. He sped up his pace, delving deeper into the spiky maze. His thoughts drifted to Fluttershy again till something jutted into his . . .nether regions. His fell to his knees and his face scrapped against the rough diamond.

He crawled out of the foul water and started to run towards the various hallways and corridors of this cave. He could hear cries of laughter behind him but he ignored it. Biting down on his lip to bleeding point. The whispers seemed to be crawling on the walls now, sending messages into his mind.

'' Ha ! do it . . .you need to do it ! . . . to kill . . .that's who you are Rust-wood ! '' The voices loud and distorted, now ringing in his ears. He swiped them away hopelessly with his hooves, which resulted in more scraps and scratches.

Sea yelled for them to go away and to stalk somepony else, but they did not obey. His hooves were suddenly pulled out from underneath him and he fell into the murky water. He flapped his hooves around but nothing happened, the diamond walls giving way to endless brown water. He felt a sicking chill in the water as images of the night his father died raced in his mind. The brown water flowing in his mouth and down his throat. He frantically waved his hooves in the now jelly-like substance.

Like that fateful night he decided that this was his time, at least he had met Fl-. Something pulled him up threw the paste. A faceless- hooded figure, standing tall as he helped Sea. The shadow lifted Sea up and rested himself on an island of rock. Sea grabbed the stallions cloak and held on for dear life. Eyes of purple looked gently down upon him. With the eyes starring soothingly at him, Sea's hoof fell by his side. The hood nodded and faded away like a ghost. Sea, defeated but strangely content let the silence lift in into a calm state of ecstasy.

'' Sea ? '' Said Fluttershy shaking him awake. Sea shot up and griped Flutterhsy tightly. The site of her made tears well in his eyes. Perplexed and with red cheeks she hugged him back, as to help him feel better. The two embraced for a few seconds and let go, with Sea recovering his thoughts. He wiped his head dry and thanked her for helping him awake. Still perplexed she said that everything was quite alright and she helped Sea up form the chilling blue water.

The pair was in a grand chamber, complete with three waterfalls and a giant pool in the center of the Diamond room. The pair studied the room and Fluttershy made a chilling discovery. A old looking metal box was tethered on a pole overlooking the deep purple pool. The box gently swayed as it suddenly dropped into the water. Feeling a sudden burst of bravado Flutterhsy raced towards the box and dived into the water. Stupefied Sea raced towards her and dived into the unearthly freezing water after her.

Comments ( 1 )

For all who read this I'm sorry there hasn't been an update for awhile, it will continue by the end of the month.
Have a nice day !
New chapter near Christmas

Login or register to comment