• Published 10th Oct 2014
  • 852 Views, 18 Comments

A Dead Brotherhood - 2Bit Dusk



Fluttershy tangles with the wrong crowd when a assassination hit is taken out on her. Will she face her fears and kill to survive

  • ...
8
 18
 852

Chapter 2: The Murder Family Reunion

'' Wha. . .what ? '' she asked trembling under the old stallions hoof. Her trembling figure fell in the seat behind her and she looked onward at the smiling elder.

'' Please my bones aren't what they used to be, we will reconnect in the morning. Please make yourself at home '' he gave a another hug to Fluttershy, smiled and walked back into the library.

Dumbfounded at his few words and happy exterior she needed help into her room. Nothing fancy just some posters of mountains on a auburn red brick wall. She laid on the stiff cot and rested her head on a stony pillow. She was trying but failing to comprehend everything that happened in the last twenty-four hours of her life. Finding little to comfort her but a tiny little candle on the desk across from her. Strange how entrancing some minute little thing could be in a time of loneliness and uncertainty. She remained like that for far too many minutes to count, she felt her eyes dip and her mind start to slow. A loud thud snapped Fluttershy out of her trance, she looked at a very awkward stranger.

'' Sorry about that '' said the white hood that she had come to regret '' knowing ''. He pulled back his hood his eyes seemed even more sun-colored and flashy. A wavy auburn mane fell on his shoulders and it seemed that he had a little patch of black hair on his chin. He was very intimidating to say the least. He sat down on a bench near her bed and let his hoofs sink to the floor. She sat back, not wanting to be near the flaming eyed stranger.

'' I'm sorry if I scared you back there, but it had to be done ''. He threw his gaze to the ground waiting for her response. He waited for awhile. Like a ton of bricks the severity of her situation flooded threw her mind. She was sitting next to a murder ! The mare in the garden and the stallion in her home, all dead by his blade. Her eyes grew wide and she couldn't speak, only short hot huffs crawled up threw her throat.

'' You, . . .you killed them ! sure they were trying to hurt me but you didn't have to kill them ! '' she asked horrified at the calmness he oozed out. His ears perked up at her tone and his semi smile unfurled into a confused frown. He looked back down to the floor and he too seemed to be trying to escape her point.

'' Oh . . .I'm sorry, they were killers too, I mean it was you or them. . . Well if it means anything I'm sorry for disrupting your sleep '' Her eyes flashed red with annoyance but were quickly consumed by worry. He stood up and was halfway threw the door and stopped.

'' You can call me Cruel-Sea, or stranger if you prefer '' He chuckled a bit under his breath and slide out from the door frame.

'' Wait ! forgive my rudeness but why am I here ? '' she asked puzzled and a little cramped by her thoughts.

He again chuckled softly and slide a small wooden box into the room and shut the door behind him. The door hinges sent shivers down her spine, but despite this she slowly trotted over to the weathered box. She opened the box but sliding off the same strange emblem from the main chamber. Her heart sank and her eyes felt like oceans. Her father and mother stood next to each other with a little Fluttershy sitting in between them. Next to them her was two eerie figures. A smiling stallion with a scared face and a slimier looking colt next to him. Why were they with her family ? this didn't make any sense. Not wanting to look away she put the picture down next to her and shuffled threw the box. A letter, dated ten years ago . . .

Dear brother,

I can feel the landscape of Equestria change, not physically but in spirit. The roads are getting harsher, for our creed and it seems that our prescience is unwelcome. The ponies of this land are too forgiving and are ignorant for the work we do, perhaps it is melancholy, or maybe the years have turned me bitter. It seems our brothers and sisters are dying day by day and we can not do anything to help ! I fear for my daughter and I fear for your sons as well. Our brotherhood is dying my brother and I can only watch it flow around my hooves. My family and yours were the starters of the order, going back to Honor hawk who took the Apple from Tireks children But I feel that those days are long pasted, I am fleeing to Ponyvile with my family and I push for you to do the same but some where you can live in peace. This world does not want us here, and it will stamp us out . . .
Nothing is true, and everything is permitted,

Goodbye brother Artimus,

May your blade be clean

She put the letter down and starred at it, unable to process the words, thoughts, and ideas. It was if a pony just placed a bomb in her hooves that happened to be made of letters. Her father was a assassin, and perhaps her mother was too. Was her family really a long line of murders ? it seems that this was the case, but see wouldn't hurt a fly, a idea like that made her sick. What was she supposed to do with this information ? She couldn't ignore it . . .but she wouldn't follow her family's legacy either. This thought burned into her mind until it hurt and she put the letter down on the ground not wanting to look at it. She pondered what else what was in the box, what mystery lurked inside ? A severed head ? A hit list ? She looked down into the pit and breathed a sigh of relief, it was just a odd leather gauntlet. Perplexed by the strange device she picked it up and studied it like a moth to a flame. Suddenly a razor sharp blade shot out nearly cutting her hoof. With her blood cooling and her mind stretched thin with what anger she had she gently put the brace back in the box. She let her body fall on the stiff cot and drifted to a land of butterfly's and bunny rabbits.

. . .

'' Wake up ! '' Said the gate keeper slapping his hoof on the stony wall. It seemed as soon as she closed her eyes she awoke in a heavy, hot, haze. With saliva caked on her face she tumbled out on the floor and quickly recovered herself.

'' Forgive me my lady, I'm Sea's brother, Stonewall . . .'' he held out a warm rag for Fluttershy's face and exited her room with a stiff brow.

She cleaned her face and adjusted her thoughts ( even tho she was recovering from a huge mind explosion ). The glaring flames of the overhead torches seemed to be forcing light into her eyes. She wondered around for awhile trying to find the master who sent off the mind bomb with a smile. Until a hoof tapped her on the shoulder and she slide to the ground, looking up at the looming eyes.

'' Um . . . sorry ? '' Said Sea picking up Fluttershy.

'' Come, the master is in his library, but be warned the old scholar hides his wounds well '' he chuckled a bit at his bad joke,( Even tho it wasn't a joke at all . . .France I'm warning you ) and seeing her confused look, he glared down keeping a stiff upper lip .The master stood among walls and walls plastered with books and paper, this would give even Twilight some jealously. He put down the ancient books and tomes, then smiled at the two ponies.

'' Ah ! please come, come we have much to catch up on my dear. '' he said hugging her again and then sliding into a tattered chair. Sea sat across from him, still keeping his yellow eyes fixed on the ground. Fluttershy sat on a shabby stool and gave a weak smile at the old master.

'' How was your night ?, ah I guess it doesn't matter I haven't see you in ages, ever since your father hide you away from the world. Now as I grow older I feel that might of been the proper choice. '' he starred out into the rows of books behind Fluttershy for a moment and quickly snapped back and looked at her.

'' Your father was one of my best pupils, he could snap a neck like no other '' he chuckled and held his breath at Fluttershy's horrified frown.

'' Ah I mean, he was gentle for the line of work he was in. Your mother too, a fiery flower that nearly killed two dozen- '' he slapped his hoof on his head.

'' What I mean is that your grandfather killed over thirty stallions with just a cane- GAH ! '' he bite hard on a leather book and he spat on the floor.

'' I'm sorry okay, memories okay ? it's hard sometimes. Forgive me, what I'm trying to say is that your from a long line of honorable assassins, one the founders in fact. Do you know what this means Fluttershy ? Your family has protected the realm of Equestria for over 700 years ! All starting to your ancestor Honor hawk, and Slick sheet. Slick sheet being the ancestor of bleak face over there. '' He nodded over to Cruel-sea who was biting his lip and chuckling lightly.

'' You must know that your ancestor Honor hawk did the one thing that started this all, he stole the apple of the moon '' he spoke as if he was in a dream, and obviously losing his mind.

'' Um, excuse me ? '' her mind at this point felt like a hot bowl of churning soup.

'' In the midst of Tireks conquering of Equestria he and a small band of magic users created an unholy device to rule all. With black magic and. . .souls and the best metal-work in the land they created a apple of seduction, an apple of control. Your ancestor a simple novice saw the power and evil of the apple and stole it from the temple of the cultists. With the help of the blacksmith Slick Sheet they formed the Assassin guild; our creed. They threw the evil apple in the ocean, but even they could be destroy that cult ''. His eyes seemed to be glazed over with memories of the past, as if he was really there.

'' And with your help we can finally put an end to them '' Said Sea standing up smiling.

'' Oh . . . I can't do this, i'm not like that, I won't hurt anypony '' the elder and Sea let out a sigh of disappointment.

'' You have the blood of Honor Hawk, the last one ! and you chose to let the cultists run free instead of killing them like the dogs that they are ! '' the sudden furry in Sea's voice startled Fluttershy, his normally calm exterior gave way to fire in his words. He put his hooves on the table next to Fluttershy and spat more fire.

'' With you we can destroy them ! they murdered our family, our brothers and sisters ! and you would just lie there caring for rabbits and squirrels ! when ponies are dying ! '' His voice wavered a bit and he almost threw a book across the room.

'' Rust ! calm yourself ! '' barked the master. Stunned at the old assassins words he gnashed his teeth and trotted out of the library. The old master laid a hoof on the trembling Fluttershy to try to calm her down.

'' * sigh * I'm sorry child, his father and mother was killed four years ago, and the scars are still fresh. He went by Rust-wood before his time here, after nearly drowning in a pear he named himself Cruel-sea, his father died before his eyes. I'm deeply sorry that this life has been introduced to you, your father wanted so much more for you. If this is your choice I will not chastise you, you'll have your bags packed and shipped out with in the day. '' he rubbed her shoulder and got up, patting his old bones. He was nearly out of the library when Fluttershy turned to him, drying her tears.

'' I won't hurt anypony, . . .but that doesn't mean I won't help ? '' she asked towards the smiling elder.