• Published 20th Apr 2012
  • 2,606 Views, 49 Comments

Connections - Life_asylum



The lone wanderer really messed up this time, and for many more than just himself. FIM/Fallout

  • ...
2
 49
 2,606

Violence

“For the sake of my sanity, I’m just going to pretend that never happened.” The wanderer gasped, hopping on one foot and clutching the other. The Plexiglas screen of his visor started to fuzz out to static, temporarily blinding him until a semi-transparent minimap showed up. He studied the map trying to make sense of using only the areas he explored as the rest was blacked out.

“Download: 297mb of 297mb,
Launching…
Verifying logs…
Verifying creature DNA…
Launching: complete.”

A bell chimed inside his suit and two red dots appeared on his minimap. One of the dots was making a beeline through the forest, moving at speeds the wanderer found impressive. The other dot however was moving in short, random bursts in a large circle. This generally meant some form of panic, he had learned this in Glasgow (located in Kentucky) when a man he was sent to save was found running from a deathclaw. The man had run to mammoth cave and led the predator on a wild goose chase. He had sprinted from tunnel to tunnel taking cover in between, however like all good things, it had just postponed death.

The wanderer shivered as the scene entered his mind. He had to prevent that from happening again. He began to limp off in the direction of the little red blip. He made it five feet before his eyes shot open with realization as he slapped himself in the visor. He lifted his foot to waist level and shook off his boot. He stuck his hand into it and pulled an incredibly long needle. Without so much as a grimace he jammed it into his thigh and instantaneously the medicine began to build upon his bone and push it together, repairing his knee.

As soon as the syringe was empty the wanderer threw it into a nearby bush. He began to test his bone by first placing on the ground and transferring weight onto it, the bone held. Due to not caring in the slightest about his physical condition he determined that this is a good enough test and began to run. First slowly, then more quickly towards the red dot. The wanderer broke into a clearing, sweat drenching his cloths. He scanned the area looking for the ‘pony’.
Three wolves surrounded a tree in the center of the clearing. In the tree was none other than the butter colored pony with the giant red bow. He began to dissect the situation.

“I think their just… barking mad!” Added the A.I. trying to bring humor to the grim scene in front of them. The wanderer paid no attention and instead reached for his laser pistol. The wanderer unclipped it from his belt and began to fire. His first shot hit a wolf in the shoulder crippling it. The second shot into the alpha of the pack, the plasma started a fire in the alphas chest and it quickly spread to the rest of the body. The alpha, unfazed by the fire leapt at the wanderer.
As the wolf was in midair the wanderer pushed his palm forwards to meet the muzzle of the dog. When the dog made contact with the wanderers palm he knew something was off, the dog was so light and the body itself was weak. The latter proved as he grabbed the dog’s nose and pushed it into the ground before stomping on the charred head of the wolf. The head cracked and sent embers into his visor; instinctually he backed away from the sparks. As he shuffled backwards he tripped and wavered. While he struggled to regain balance the last wolf hurled itself forwards; jaws open wide to catch its prey.

The jaws of the wolf came down on the wanderer’s shoulder cutting through the fabric that the armor was graphed onto. The wanderer cried out in pain and fell onto his back. The wolf shook its head like a dog with a chew toy ripping the wanderer’s flesh and breaking his bone. In a surge of strength the wanderer clenched his fist and smashed it into the face of the dog. In one sick crack it was over, three corpses testified the wanderer’s success.

“What the hell were those things?” The wanderer gasped through a cloud of pain.

“No clue, you should check the corpses and get some samples.”

“Shure but first things first, do I have any bandages?”

“Yes and some ‘happy shots’ for afterwards!” The A.I. program proclaimed, with reference to morphine.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

After the painful and unpleasant duty of bandaging and numbing wounds the wanderer looked to the tree. The pony, much to his dismay was staring wide eyed and shaking.

“Great, just great! Now I have to babysit the stupid thing because it didn't have the common sense to run!” The wanderer ranted on driven by morphine and bottled up stress. After calming the wanderer simply walked up to the tree and kicked it. The whole tree shook and the pony slid off her perch. With a thump she landed on the ground, when her eyes opened all she saw was the wanderer standing over her.

The wanderer reached up and slid his helmet off. He scowled at the pony lying at his feet before grabbing it and hoisting it over his shoulder. The pony tried to scurry away but the attempt ended up futile kicking the air and the wanderer. With the pony over his shoulder he began to look for a safe place to put her down, after all he didn’t want here getting eaten by wolves’ right? He chuckled and began to walk.

*Authors note*

Sorry it’s not 1,000 words but it seemed like a fitting place to stop. So now that apple bloom is rescued who do you think we’re going to run into next? Thanks to omega-ze-wargod for being the only one to respond in the time frame. If you have any suggestions please comment, and keep in mind that I commonly ask for story direction and I’d love to hear your opinion.

Comments ( 8 )

If you need more time to get the chapters out and longer you should take it, most of us will not mind.

1519569
Thanks I'll keep that in mind:trollestia:

:twilightsmile:chapters a little short but its still funny and interesting so who cares:twilightsmile:

Next chapter: apple jack goes bat-shit crazy cus she thinks he is gonna hurt/ has hurt apple bloom

Also, barking mad? That the fuck A.I?

1520542
The A.I is partial to bad puns, also she needs a name. Its a issue I've been skirting for quite some time...:facehoof:

I FEEL SO LOVED FROM BEING MENTIONED IN YO STORRY :pinkiegasp::pinkiegasp::pinkiegasp::pinkiehappy::pinkiehappy::pinkiehappy:

1521733 how about A.Imy? like Amy but a horrible pun in it

1523111
Sure but your getting the blame for the pun.:pinkiehappy:

Login or register to comment