• Published 11th Sep 2014
  • 2,113 Views, 35 Comments

Zero Gravity - Ephraim Blue



Three years ago, Twilight, Pinkie Pie, Rarity, Fluttershy, and Applejack all died in a fall after a tornado that Rainbow and Lightning Dust caused at The Wonderbolt's Academy. To this day, Rainbow makes sure it will never happen to anypony again

  • ...
2
 35
 2,113

Chapter 2 - Sorrow In Your Eyes

She pulled the black tarp off of the project. It was mainly for preventing any visitors from seeing its contents, but it also kept most of the dust off it.

A large generator took up most of the space. It wasn't on and took a stable amount of magic in order to function. She didn't have that, but if she planned it right, she would have an endless amount. More than Princess Cadence, and possibly more than Twilight.

About a week before they left her, Rainbow had caught Twilight in her basement working on some weird science-y stuff. Papers were everywhere, this very generator in the middle, and as another surprise, something was covered in the corner.


"Twilight, what is all this?"

Twilight's head perked up in surprise. "Rainbow! What are you doing here?"

"I came to see if the next Daring Do book was here. When you never answered, I came in to look for you."

Twilight shook her head. "You should have rung the bell."

"What bell?"

"The bell I installed outside the door. Pull a rope and it informs anyone of they're coming in."

"It's a public library."

"Not the front door! The door to this basement!"

"This basement used to be a storage room for outdated books."

Twilight furrowed her eyebrows. "Whatever. The book isn't coming until next month. Why don't you re-read the other books while you wait? That's why I do while waiting for another book."

"Why would you do that?"

"So that I remember what happened in the previous books to see if they effect any of the future ones!"

"That's egghead stuff."

"I'm not an egghead!"

"I never said that."

"You were implying it."

The two stood glaring at each other for quite some time. After about a minute, Rainbow broke the silence.

"So, what are you doing down here?"

Twilight turned around and continued looking at her notes. "I'm working on a project," she said. "It's not quite ready yet."

"What is it?"

"A generator. It transforms magic into an energy that can be used to power anything it gets hooked up here."

"Egghead."

Twilight quickly turned around and glared at Rainbow again, who was snickering to no ends. "If you say that again, I'll personally withhold the next Daring Do book from you."

That shut up Rainbow.

"Anyway, as I was saying, when the generator is given the magic required for converting to an energy, it can power any device."

"What kind of energy are we talking about here?" Rainbow pondered. "We already have electricity as an energy."

"Any kind of energy! Electricity, magic, water, even wing power!"

"What do you mean?"

"You remember when you, Fluttershy and all the other pegasi of Ponyville got together to send the water to Cloudsdale?" Rainbow nodded. "Well, this machine can be used to either turn magic into water to make the clouds, or make wing power to charge a device to create that tornado for you."

"Make the tornado? That's not possible Twilight. You need 800 or more wing power in order to create that tornado."

"Au contraire, my dear Rainbow."

"What?"

"Nothing," she giggled. "Just something from a book I wanted to say."

"You really are an-" Twilight glared at her again. "Shutting up."

"Good." Twilight proceeded to take out a small machine that looked like a fan but had several adjustments made to it.

"What's that?"

"It's supposed to be a miniature device to create that tornado to send water to Cloudsdale."

"Miniature?"

"Let me demonstrate," she said, proceeding to hook up some wires from the generator to the mini fan thing. After she finished, she sent a burst of magic into the generator. It started to make some loud whirring noises and eventually caused the fan to start spinning.

After a couple minutes, a small tornado appeared from the fan and caused some of the papers in the room to flap around a bit.

"That's awesome!" Rainbow exclaimed. "It looks just like the tornado we made from that day!"

"A small version of it," Twilight replied. "It's not powerful enough to accomplish what pegasi can do currently, but if I made a larger version of the machine and somehow caused it to move over water, it would accomplish that feat."

"How much wing power can it make currently?"

"80"

"80 wing power?! "Twilight, that's like four pegasi combined!"

She nodded. "This is just one thing this generator can be used for. With enough magic, it can be used for anything!"

"How long did this take to make?"

"About a month. It was very complicated to gather all the required items."

"Wow. That's a pretty long time for making one generator."

"The thing is, this isn't a fully functional device. It's a prototype, and can only power a single device at a time." Twilight suddenly fell to her knees, panting.

"You okay Twilight?" Rainbow said quickly, rushing over to help her up.

"I- I'm fine..." she said. "This generator takes up a lot of magic to use... Another reason it's a prototype..."

"You don't look all right... You look less-purple than normal."

Twilight continued panting, and eventually passed out.

"Twilight!"


Rainbow ran her hooves on top of the generator. "I'll make sure," she said aloud. With that, she grabbed a wrench in her mouth and begin tinkering with the generator. She mostly worked on the six slots on the top of the machine she was working on for the past three years. Six slots with six familiar engravings.

Author's Note:

I'm taken by this feeling and I'm losing the fight!

I'm falling, feeling the faster we go.

Surrender to this moment like the day to the night!

I'm falling, falling, the faster we go.

Comments ( 8 )

What about Zecora?

5802185 I probably just misspelled some of the words. You're probably right about some of them. I'll look through the chapters and see what needs fixing.

Also, misspelling a few words does not mean I need an editor. I thank you for pointing it out, but for small stuff like this, just notifying the author is enough. I'll have them changed if they need to be.

Shit, that isn't the end, is it? :fluttercry:
It better not be!!! :flutterrage:

5910554 I still have other chapters to write. I'm not working on them currently, but they should be done sometime within the next month.

5912541
good... this pleases me much:twilightsmile:

too bad this is dead.

10275251
Still following just in case of a miracle, which I've seen.

feck man this was very emotional

Login or register to comment