• Published 11th Sep 2014
  • 2,113 Views, 35 Comments

Zero Gravity - Ephraim Blue



Three years ago, Twilight, Pinkie Pie, Rarity, Fluttershy, and Applejack all died in a fall after a tornado that Rainbow and Lightning Dust caused at The Wonderbolt's Academy. To this day, Rainbow makes sure it will never happen to anypony again

  • ...
2
 35
 2,113

Prologue - Past Regrets

Zero Gravity

By: Ephraim Blue

Prologue - Past Regrets

"I miss you all," Rainbow said quietly to herself. "You were my best friends... Why... Why you?"

Tears fell from her eyes. Obvious tears, pain-filed tears...

Regular tears. The same kind of tears she's cried at least three times now. At least once a year... every year, always on the same pain-filled day.

The day they died.

It was almost like it was yesterday... Yesterday that she failed to save them... and even worse...

Led them strait to their deaths.


"It's a twister!" Applejack shouted over all the noise coming from the swirling winds. Twilight and the others noticed, but not in time to react to the hot air balloon being forced into the winds.

One by one, the ropes to the balloon snapped until all of them were broken and left the five mares flying through the air.

Rainbow Dash noticed all her friends and immediately flew in a path through a cave and out the side of the mountain, below the point where her friends currently were. Finding several clouds, she flew in a circle around them, compressing them together. Her friends fell on top of the compressed cloud, and looked around slightly to wonder what was going on.

'Now,' Dash thought to herself, 'all I have to do is fly upward, and spring the all back into the air where they can be caught by the other Wonderbolts' trainees. I can do this... I can do this!'

It was then that her wing fought on the cloud, sending her flying. That wouldn't have normally happened, but this cloud was compressed, and she was a pegasus.

The clouds that held her friends were no longer compressed, and immediately began to loosen up. A gap in the clouds opened up beneath them all, and they fell through.

By that time, Rainbow Dash had recovered from her wing hitting the cloud. She immediately began flying directly toward the place her friends were falling. She got closer to them... Faster... Closer...

And then her wing started hurting. The same pain from when her wing was hurt the other day kicked in. It was fine earlier, but the pain from the cloud kicked it right back into her.

She slowed down... She became further from her friends... Slower... Further...

"No!" Dash screamed. "NO!"

And then she watched helplessly as her friends hit the ground.


It wasn't supposed to happen like that... Not at all. It was just supposed to help her and Lightning Dust with clearing the clouds... Not kill her best friends.

Lightning Dust...

Rainbow gritted her teeth together. She despised Lightning Dust for that... stupid idea! She tensed up her right hoof and slammed it against the solid metal wall beside her.

It always hurt... Just like the previous two times.

"Rainbow Dash?" called a familiar voice behind her. The anger inside her left as she turned and saw who it was.

It was Scootaloo.

"Are you okay?" she asked.

Rainbow turned her head away. "Yeah," she lied. "I'm fine."

"You keep telling yourself that... Do you really mean it?"

It was true. Every year, she was asked that question when someone walked in on her sullen moments. It was normally Scootaloo who came in, but Spike had an occasion to do so as well.

When Rainbow never answered, Scootaloo continued. "Well, you've got to remember that we're here for you." To the familiar statement, Rainbow nodded. "Come on," she said, motioning to come with her. "It's nearly time."

Rainbow nodded once more and followed her. She was right, today was the day. It was today that the ceremony was once again held. A memorial of that day...

An extra reminder.

Rainbow hated this day... She hated remembering it every year, sometimes even wishing that she could just forget it. But no... the doming back, no matter what she did. She couldn't forget her friends... never.

This day also brought remembrance to many other things. About two years ago, The Everfree Forest suddenly began growing, spouting trees and vines to all of it's surrounding residents. And soon after the start of that, Princess Celestia and Princess Luna vanished from all eyes.

With no other rulers in sight, Princess Cadence, Prince Shining Armor and Prince Blueblood were all chosen the rulers for the world.

Princess Cadence, being the only alicorn remaining, became the one to raise the sun at dawn and set it at night. Her husband, Shining Armor, though not an alicorn, raised the moon at dusk and set it at dawn. Prince Blueblood became the supreme diplomat, dealing with every issue that arose in the beautiful land of Equestria.

As for The Everfree Forest, it stopped advancing after it took the statue of Discord into the forest. Why was a mystery to anyone. Although, ponies feared that it would begin advancing once more, and they all built a giant dome around it. No way in, and no way out. t was entirely secure on all sides.

For Rainbow, all this was no different from the previous years. She goes to the ceremony in remembrance of the ponies who were lost in the previous years. And every time, she left with nothing else to say but more words to remember them.

But this time... This time will be different. For this past year, she's hasn't sat still and wept for this past year...

Not this time...

This time, she'll be different. This time, she will have something new.

Outside, all you could see about Rainbow Dash was a fast flier, high competitor, and a saddened mare by the loss of her friends.

But inside, you'd see a friend. A friend that would do anything for her friends. And that's what she was going to do.

She was going to help not only her friends, but all of Equestria.

Author's Note:

Well, here it is! Zero Gravity, everyone!

I hope you all enjoyed this prologue to what is certain to come. If you did, leaving a like, favorite, and comment would be greatly appreciated.

I know this chapter is short, but I promise that they should definitely pick up in the near future. Until then I hope to see you all for the next chapter!