• Published 3rd Sep 2014
  • 2,387 Views, 222 Comments

A New World, a Fearful Way - Votederpycausemufins



After Arceus moves all the pokemon and former humans to Equus, Lea finds that being an umbreon here, isn't all it seems to be. Especially where she ended up.

  • ...
20
 222
 2,387

ch. 21 letter

Author's Note:

Sorry this took so long to get out, but there are reasons. Good reasons...
ZEUS HELPED WITH THIS CHAPTER! *much fan-girling happens*
It took a while at first since he got sick, and i had been sick for a while too, and then there's the thing about time zones, but all in all, it worked out well for my first collab! :yay:
It also means the main story line is back instead of ones taking place elsewhere.
Zeus: Well, this is certainly shaping up nicely, I’m happy I could help with Tia for this chapter. Can’t wait to see what happens next.
Anyway, now that we've gotten through this, i'm thinking about looking for an editor since someone pointed it out a while back. The only reason i hadn't done anything yet is because i wanted this to come out first.
also there haven't been any question for the group lately. If you have any, you can go here to ask
anyway, we continue with after the party......

The pokecenter group was working on cleaning up the party. Cheese Sandwich had left suddenly yelling about cheesy senses or something. The place was still a mess, so they in turn had to clean it up themselves.

Lea had found herself a few more snickerdoodles that had been left uneaten, but they were quickly taken from her before she could gobble them up. That caused the next problem: Caddi.

After eating one of the cookies they rescued from Lea, Caddi got the same look Lea had earlier, and went after the remaining cookies.

“THEY’RE MINE!” She yelled, running after anyone who had a cookie left.

“Now we know why Lea ate them so quickly!” Citrus exclaimed, trying to keep the cookie she had found away from Caddi. “Whatever you do, don’t eat them!”

Ziggs, who was running around with them, but not really helping in any way, stopped dead in his tracks. “I’VE BEEN CONTAMINATED!”

His voice could have given the Royal Canterlot Voice a run for it’s money. Everyone had to stop so they could cover their ears.

“What do you mean?” Linoone asked when he could finally hear again.

“I ate a couple earlier. I’m bound to go cookie crazy soon! Aren’t I?”

Angela shrugged, “I guess it’s just these two. Bad Lea!” She hit Lea on the back of her head.

“Alright, alright!” Midnight tried to calm everyone down. “Let’s just clean up and go back to our plans for the day. I know I have a lot to do, and with what’s been going on, so should all of you.”

Caddi pouted. “Awww, I was having fun.”

“WE WEREN’T!” Everyone else (‘cept Lea) yelled simultaneously.

“Yeah, let’s finish up.” Lea spoke up, and started back to work on cleaning up what was left of the party.


“Let’s see…” Lea ruffled through the papers on her desk until she pulled out the town map she had found a while back. The map was covered with pins all over it, along with notes describing possible sightings of Quarry and Ire.

“Lea?” Ben peeked into the room.

“Hey, didn’t see you at the party.” Lea answered, not turning away from her work.

“I was outside. It was a party, anyone could have been let in and any of them could have come for you.”

“Th-thanks. Now let me work.” Lea was slightly blushing.

“Hey! I’ve heard from your family about how you like to bury yourself with work when you don’t want to think about something. Obviously it’s not those two,” He gestured to the map. “since you seem to be working on that. The question is, what are you trying to block out?”
Lea sighed. “Did they tell you what happened at the party?”

“You ate every single snickerdoodle you could get your hands, uh, paws on. Is that really what’s got you down? You going on a cookie rampage?”

“No, that’s not the real reason. While they weren’t the same, they tasted almost the same and the cookies I had on my eighth birthday. I haven’t had any like those ones since then… well, until now.”

“Why not?” Ben asked, not realizing what he was getting himself into.

“That!” Lea exclaimed, a faint blue glow coming from her eyes, “Was the last birthday I got to celebrate with my father before he was taken away! And before they tried to do the same to me too!”

Her eyes glew a little brighter. “They tried to take away what family I had left and almost succeeded, but I promised myself I’d find my family again and that’s what I’ll do!”

The door literally slammed in Ben’s face, knocking him to the ground outside Lea’s office. Both of them were too flustered about what happened to notice what Lea had just done.


Back in her office. Lea pushed the map off the table. Under it were various papers she never remembered seeing before. Looking at them, she realized that they were recent, and were hidden under the map by whoever made them.

Reading the papers, Lea found they were all letters. None of them were finished, but they all were being sent to the same two ponies: The princesses Celestia and Luna. The unfinished letters were Midnight’s attempts at writing to them.

A few of the letters she could see were pretty bad, with parts all crossed off. Others she couldn’t tell why he had stopped. Her reasoning was he didn’t know how to continue from what he had already written. One letter, however, was different from the others. The name at the top was different from them and was finished. It was a letter to Caddi from Midnight. Well, technically, it was for Kiwi Lime.

Lea decided it was best for her to leave it alone, and set everything up so that it looked like she had never touched the letters. When she finished Lea went back down to see Midnight, but had forgotten he had left already.

“Ben! Where did Midnight go? I need to talk to him.”

“He went to help work on fixing the police station but he said-”

“Thanks!” Lea called slamming the entrance door behind her.

“-not to leave… Wait up!” And Ben ran out after her.


Canterlot: Present time

Celestia was having a better day than yesterday, granted, considering the... unfortunate events that had occurred yesterday involving a certain ambassador, so long as no new disasters occurred, it wasn’t that much of a contest.

Currently she was in the throne room, Ninetales by her side, waiting for something to happen, or for someone to come in for Day Court. “I suppose all the nobles are still scrambling to gain ground in one way or another.”

Celestia sighed, other than Blueblood, most of the nobility had kept quiet ever since Arceus had arrived with the Pokemon... thinking about it, that probably wasn’t a good thing. “I suppose I should check in to see if any of them are planning anything.”

It was then the door to the throne room burst open.

“What now?” Celestia asked under her breath.

The opening of the doors had been caused by a pegasus mare. Her uniform suggested some form of policing job. The pegasus was running up to Celestia, the two guards following her.

“I’m… So… Sorry… Celestia!” The mare said, out of breath.

Celestia eyed the mare for a second, then held up her hoof, halting the guards. “It’s quite alright Miss...”

“Feather Flurry, Princess Celestia. I work for the police in Hoofington. I’m sorry to barge in here, but I just flew all the way here. I left only yesterday with a letter from our… Stand in chief.”

“A letter?” Celestia asked.

Feather pulled out a scroll, tied with a bright red ribbon to help signify the importance of the contents.

Celestia raised an eyebrow and used her magic to pull the scroll to herself and unwrap it. As she read it, her eyes widened, then her expression turned to one of anger.

Taking a deep breath as she rolled up the scroll, she looked back to Feather Flurry. “What do you need?”

“Many of our normal force were harmed at the attack of the station. A few were even hospitalized. If anything maybe a guard or two to help with our search for these criminals.”

Celestia nodded, she could do that, the situation in Canterlot was currently less severe than that of some other towns around Equestria, at least until the next madman tried to take over the city or steal another priceless artifact. “Miss Flurry, I’ll have a contingent of four or five guards on there way to Hoofington within the next two days or so.”

“Alright.” Feather nodded in agreement, but something else came to her mind. “There is one other thing I should probably mention.”
Celestia simply nodded, motioning for her to go ahead.

“The group of pokemon Midnight has been working with has two ponies in their group as well. One of them acts oddly around others. It seems Midnight may be taking a liking to her, but I’m not sure if I can trust her. The mare’s name is Kiwi Lime, but her friends will start to call her something else before catching themselves.”

Celestia thought on that for a moment, most likely this Kiwi Lime had a secret she didn’t want to get out, though there were a few other options... “I’ll inform my guards to be on alert around her... and perhaps ask an old friend who may know something.”

“Thanks! I… just worry about him sometimes. We began our jobs at about the same time, and he’s kinda the closest I have to family in the town. The rest of my family all live in Cloudsdale.”

Celestia nodded and smiled softly. “I understand... but do keep an open mind, you never know what might reveal itself with time.”

“Alright! I’ll keep that in mind.” Feather turned to leave, but quickly turned back after seeing Ninetales. “One last request. Can I maybe… Pet her?”

Celestia blinked once, then smiled. “Well, I certainly have no problem with it, Ninetales?”

The Fire Fox smiled and ran over to Feather Flurry. “Hi!”

“Thank you!” Feather gushed, lightly petting Ninetales as not to mess up her fur. “I’ve been so amazed with all the pokemon that seeing a new one gets me excited. I’m sorry for taking your time.” Feather finished.

“It’s no trouble,” Celestia assured her. “I’m always happy to help my little ponies.”

Feather gave a small giggle and left the room, closing the doors behind her.

“She seems nice,” Ninetales said with a smile.

Celestia chuckled. “Yes she did,” she looked at the two guards who were still standing on either side of the doors. “Go to the barracks and see about getting some volunteers for a mission to Hoofington, I think five will do, and make sure at least one is a Unicorn.”

The guards saluted before leaving the room.

Celestia sighed and looked out the window. “Hold on little ones, help is on the way.”