• Published 3rd Sep 2014
  • 2,387 Views, 222 Comments

A New World, a Fearful Way - Votederpycausemufins



After Arceus moves all the pokemon and former humans to Equus, Lea finds that being an umbreon here, isn't all it seems to be. Especially where she ended up.

  • ...
20
 222
 2,387

ch. 15 items

“Grphnug!” Lea was jolted awake by Linoone.

“Woah! Lea, if you want to sleep, you should try doing it in a bed!”

Lea rubbed the back of her head. “Sorry. All the work we did yesterday plus you needing to go to the hospital made me really tired. Not to mention Angela wanted me to keep working on learning dark pulse. I thought umbreon couldn’t do that without a TM.”

“There have been some cases where pokemon can learn moves naturally from practice that are more easily learned from a TM or HM. Anyway, I went out this morning to see if there was anything for you to do while you’re stuck here and can’t really go outside. I found this form, which seems like it will work, but you have to be the one to fill it out.”

“Let me see it…” Lea asked for the form “Let’s see… It’s a form to let various natives and even non-natives of this world ask questions on your experience so far. Questions can be for the one filling out the form or their family and friends. So I basically have to put down my name, the names of my family and friends, and a mailing address?”

“Apparently so. And you can mail the people, er-, ponies who are running this when there’s someone new added to your group they can ask.”

“Eh, seems legit. I guess I’ll try it.” Lea started to fill out the form, but had to stop at mailing address. The certificate she had gotten from buying the building gave the address, but she couldn’t remember it. She ran upstairs with the paper carefully in her mouth and entered her office room. She placed the form on her desk and opened up the drawer with the building certificate. Lea was able to fill out the rest of the form. She looked over the list of names one last time.

“Let’s see… Me, Matrix, Angela, Linoone, Caddi, Citrus, Midnight, Ben and Ziggs. I hope Ben and Midnight don’t mind me adding them to the list.”

Lea went back downstairs with the form in an envelope and gave it to Linoone to deliver. He left and a few minutes later, Midnight came in to the main room.

“Lea, hey, um, can I borrow some stationary and stuff? The office at the police station kinda got destroyed and I need to send a letter.”

“Only if you’ll answer three questions. First why didn’t you ask yesterday?”

“I was taking care of the mess at the station, then after helping with Linoone, I went back there to see what other damage might have been caused.”

“Okay. Second, Who are you sending it to?”

“To Princess Celestia or Luna. Whoever gets it first. Normally this wouldn’t be a problem our chief would bother them with, but with many of our officers hurt, and the pokemon still causing some minor problems, I thought it might be one to alert them about. Not to mention, from what Linoone said, they’re most likely building a team of pokemon to hurt you and your family if not kill you outright.”

“Yeah, that’s probably important. Anyway, my last question was if you and C-Kiwi are a thing now.”

“I-I-I guess we are. Y-yes.” Midnight said, his face red from blushing.

“Hah! Knew it! Go ahead, but I want to read the letter after you’re done. And don’t use our names if you can help it!” Lea called to him as he rushed up the stairs.


It didn’t take long for Midnight to write the letter. He showed it to Lea, who was in the corner of the room working on a list. “Here, I finished. What do you think?”

He set it down in front of Lea. The letter read:

Princess Celestia and Luna,
I am Midnight Honor, acting police chief of the Hoofington Police Force. Last week, we apprehended two criminals who were running an underground animal fighting ring. They were stopped by one of their prisoners, who was a formerly human pokemon. The had continued their criminal actions with her even after Arceus’ message to announcement to all of Equus. About a week after her arrival, she (she wishes to be kept anonymous) was able to escape, but also managed to set the building on fire.
The ponies responsible convinced us she was the real criminal, and we were searching for her. About another week had passed before she came to us to tell us the truth, mainly because she was seen as the criminal. When we finally found out the real culprits, we were able to capture them quickly.
The next day, Le my new friend came back to confirm that it was them. Bright Ire, one of the two, attempted to take the life of the pokemon she and her accomplice, Quarry Arrow, had trapped. One of her own pokemon, an umbreon, was able to stop Ire without harming her, just putting Ire to sleep.
Yesterday, however, a pokemon supposedly belonging to Ire and Quarry freed them from their cells, destroying much of the building in the process. While they were the only two to escape, many of our officers, including our chief were injured. Another of my friend’s pokemon, a linoone this time, witnessed the attack made by their mightyena and tried to stop the pokemon. He was harmed, but is currently okay. He was able to overhear the plans of them and from what they said, they are most likely trying to create a team of pokemon to seek revenge on L my friend and her family, hoping to harm or even kill them.
I send this hoping you can send at least some help, as our forces are currently very low from injury. We would have a few more to help, but with calls every day reporting small incidents with pokemon, we have even fewer.
I know you must have your own problems, seeing how many we are finding here, but if you can do anything to help, we would greatly appreciate it.
-Midnight Honor, Acting Chief of the Hoofington Police Force.

“Hmm, it seems good. Thanks for not using our names.”

“Yeah, I had a couple of times I almost wrote it. But I crossed them out before I wrote your whole name.”

Midnight made the paper into a scroll and tied it with a red ribbon for it’s importance. He placed a scratched up seal with the symbol designated to the Hoofington Police Force, though it was slightly damaged from him having to retrieve it from the rubble.

“I’m going to give it to our fastest flyer on the squad, Feather Flurry. She fast compared to most pegasi. I bet she could give a few of the slower Wonderbolts a run for their bits. Anyway, she should be able to get it to one of them late tomorrow afternoon, maybe early evening. I’ll see you later.”

“Bye Midnight!”


Elsewhere in the city:

Ire was standing in front of the mightyena that had freed her and her husband. Yesterday, after it had brought other pokemon, one of the ones it had brought, a thing called a grumpig, had decided to help train her. Now, she was being tested.

“Are you sure this won’t harm him enough that he can’t help?” Ire asked the black and purple pig.

“He’ll be fine. Besides, he’s the closest we have to an umbreon so it will simulate what you’ll go through.”

Ire still didn’t understand why she had to do it. “I thought we got you to stop these other pokemon. Why can’t you do this to her yourself?”

The grumpig chuckled. “Pokemon have different types, depending on their types, the attacks of others have different effects. Pokemon like mightyena and umbreon are immune to psychic attacks, which is what I do. Unicorns, like yourself, don’t have that problem, and you can simulate what I can do with your magic.”

“What about her two friends? The other umbreon and, what was it, absult?”

“Absol. Don’t worry, We were able to find another pokemon to take care of them.”

Ire turned to an area that the pig like pokemon gestured to. There stood a large beetle looking pokemon. It was a dark blue pokemon with yellow eyes and a large horn. Ire hadn’t translated it yet, so all she heard it say was: “Heraaa-.”

“I have to admit, that pokemon looks like a good match, but how?”

“Easy.” the grumpig started, “Dark are weak to bug and fighting, and this guy just happens to be both. The linoone your mightyena encountered also is weak to fighting, so that’s two spearow with one stone right there.”

“Excellent!”


Hoofington Shopping Area.

Caddi had just finished up another performance in the town square. Instead of doing a musical performance today, she had done some comedy. Her best joke had been about a stallion and a genie: A stallion found a lamp with a genie in it. The genie told him ‘I will grant you three wishes, but be warned. Whatever you wish for, your worst enemy with get double that.’ The stallion first asked for a mansion, and his worst enemy got two. Then he wished for a million bits, his worst enemy got two million. Then he told the genie ‘I wish you would scare me half to death!’

Caddi had ended the joke right there. After two or three seconds, the ponies listening would put it together and laugh at the joke. She had earned a few more bits than normal that day, so Caddi decided to use the for shopping. One of the stalls caught her eye as she was passing them all, so once she knew there was nothing else she wanted, Caddi returned to the first booth.

The booth had various pieces of jewelry. Many of them contained stones she had never seen before. After conversing with the owner of the small shop, Caddi learned that many of these were evolution stones for pokemon.

After looking for a while, Caddi eventually decided to buy a necklace with a light blue gem with a dark blue and white squiggle pattern in it. She decided it would make a nice gift for Lea to cheer her up.


After arriving back at the pokemon center, Caddi found Lea who was working with Angela some more. “Hey, Lea! I was out shopping , not looking for anything in particular when I found something that might cheer you up!”

Lea looked at Angela, who nodded, before she walked over to Caddi. “What did you find?”

“Well, I was at a jewelry stand and I found a necklace you might like to wear.” Caddi showed Lea the necklace. “Do you like it?”

Lea stared at it. After a little bit of just staring at it, she poked at it with her paw. “Th-this is real?”

“Should be. Why, is it some sort of really special evolutiony stone that you needed? The mare running the booth said some of them were made from stones like that.”

“Yes! That’s exactly what this is! Angela, come here!”

“What is i- is that absolite?!”

“Yes! Caddi found one!”

“What? What’s going on?”

Lea and Angela got into a conversation of their own.

“Will it even work with you as a pokemon?”

“I don’t know. One lucario that came here said that after a few days, the balance between pokemon and human aura on the former humans stopped at an even fifty fifty.”

“So that still gives us a chance.”

“WILL YOU TWO TELL ME WHAT’S GOING ON?!” Caddi yelled.

Both of the dark pokemon looked at her and blinked. Eventually, Angela spoke up.

“That stone is a stone called Absolite. It allows absol like myself to mega evolve. It requires a second part, called a keystone, which Lea currently had attached to her belt.”

“Okay, thanks for telling me. Here.” Caddi put the necklace around Angela’s neck and walked away. Lea and Angela couldn’t even start up their training again before being interupted once more, this time by Citrus.

“Lea! Where’s your belt?!”

Lea waved her paw in front of Citrus’ eyes before replying “I’m wearing it.”

“Oh, didn’t see it there! Take it off!”

“Why are you all excited?” Matrix asked. He had walked over after seeing her unusually peppy display.

“I think I finally got this one spell down pat, and it will really help us in the long run!”

Lea was unsure at first, but eventually gave Citrus her belt. Citrus cast the spell on the belt, then waved over a random pokemon, and put the belt around them like a sash.

“Say something!”

“Um, why am I wearing this?” The pokemon asked

“To help me demonstrate to them what it does.”

Lea, Angela, and Matrix looked at her. “How did you…” Matrix started.

“I found a modified version of the translation spell which allows the user to imbue and object with a lower power version of the spell which has the same effect, but has a longer duration than casting it on a living organism. The spell allows the caster to charge the spell when it runs low and is not restrained to a single being.”

The pokemon in front of her looked at her with confusion from her new tone of speaking.

“That’s what it says in the book.” There were a few sounds of understanding. “Basically, I can give you a translation spell that lasts longer, but uses less of my energy to cast. The only thing I want to make sure of is that the thing I cast it on iis something you’ll wear all the time.”

“Don’t do it on this necklace.” Angela spoke up. “I’m probably not going to want to wear it, especially if we can’t get any use from it.”

Next Matrix came in. “I don’t have anything I can wear that you could do it to yet, but I’ll look for something. I’ll go tell Linoone and Ziggs to start looking too.”

“Okay let me just grab the book with the spell and copy down the page so I know I won’t forget.” Citrus walked over to grab her book, but Lea was already there. Instead of looking at the book itself, she was looking at Citrus’ bookmark.

“Where did you get this?” Lea asked.

“What, the book? I got it at the library.”

“No, not the book, the bookmark.”

“After Matrix had left looking for you, I had gone to visit my mom to see how she was doing. One of the pokemon in the town had been selling some stuff he had made. I gave him a couple bits for a small pack of them that he had made. Left the one square on that one blank so he could fill it in with the buyer’s cutiemark when they bought it.”

“What’s so special about it Lea.” Angela asked.

“Look.”

Lea showed her the signature at the bottom. It was a singular letter. The artist had put two dots, one above the other, and then made a curve going around both of them in an S shape. on the top of the S was four lines, making it look as if the letter was glowing or shining.

“Oh my gosh!” Angela exclaimed. “Sparks!”

Author's Note:

be on the lookout for the letter in Zeus' story (cuz it could possibly show up)
btw, the part near the start where Lea signs them up for an asking thing? you can ask them stuff
a bunch of authors were doing it, so i am too. I just built it into the story (not going to have it in the story though)
link to ask thing