• Published 3rd Sep 2014
  • 2,385 Views, 222 Comments

A New World, a Fearful Way - Votederpycausemufins



After Arceus moves all the pokemon and former humans to Equus, Lea finds that being an umbreon here, isn't all it seems to be. Especially where she ended up.

  • ...
20
 222
 2,385

ch. 9 interrogation

As the group made their way to the police station, every sound scared Lea, making her think they were about to be attacked. Eventually, they all reached the police station. Upon entering, there were only two officers that could be seen, but to Lea, there were more. The walls had a poster up for her capture, which made her feel more like she was the criminal they were expecting her to be. Caddi got the attention of one of the officers to talk to them.

“Excuse me sir? Can we talk to you?”

“Yes ma'am, what can I do for you?”

The guard walked over. He was a thestral, or as most ponies called them, a bat pony. Upon walking over to the group. Lea tried to hide herself a little bit more, which seemed to work, as he didn’t notice her.

“Well, we have some news for you on you search for the one pokemon you were looking for.”

“The umbreon?! You caught it?!

“I wouldn’t say they caught me.” Lea said under her breath.

The officer, being a thestral, heard her. This time he noticed Lea within the group.

“Shielded Wish, they brought the umbreon we wanted.”

“Yes sir, Midnight Honor!” The other officer, a unicorn, picked up a catch pole. He tried to put the loop around Lea, but Specter kept it away from her.

“What are you doing?” Midnight asked.

“Listen, while I may not like this girl, and I’d be fine with you taking her, I still think you should hear her side of the story first.”

Shielded Wish looked and Midnight Honor, unsure of what to do. Midnight nodded to the unicorn, and Wish put down the catch pole.

“Fine,” He looked at Lea. “Go down the hall to the sixth room on your left. The rest of you can go to the fifth room on the left when Shielded Wish takes you. I need to quickly tell my boss what I’m doing. If you need help finding the room, one of the officers back there can help you. Two of them are new volunteers, so they might have trouble.

“Thanks. I hope we can sort this out.” Lea told him nervously.

“Me too. I’ll be there in a second.” Midnight told her before leaving to contact his boss. Lea went through some doors and down the hall. On her way to the room, an earth pony mare came out of a room with a Hitmonlee. When the mare saw Lea she instantly freaked out and called for other guards. The pokemon tried to stop her, but wasn’t really succeeding. As the mare directed the other officers toward Lea, Lea herself payed more attention to the uniforms they were wearing, and not the ponies themselves. When the police officers got close enough, Lea defended herself. The first one that came close enough was caught by her claws. The second one only got hit by her paw, but it was hard enough that they were knocked away. Before a third could come near her, the hitmonlee stepped in between Lea and the officers.

“Stop overreacting.” He told the ponies, “Seriously, ever since that one rhyperior got hit by a confuse ray and accidently almost took down a building, you’ve been acting up at every pokemon you see. I mean, Copper, you thought when you saw that pichu the other day, you thought it was going to attack your face when it jumped on your head. Now tell this umbreon you’re sorry.”

The group of ponies sheepishly apologized to Lea, but when she didn’t respond, the hitmonlee kneeled next to her to see what was wrong. Upon inspecting Lea, he found she was crying silently. Her eyes were shut tightly and her muscles tensed up.

“Hey, you okay?” he asked her.

When Lea didn’t reply, he asked again. This time, she slightly opened her eyes to look at him and asked him a question.

“Can you keep them away? I want them to be safe.”

“Who?”

“My family. I don’t want to lose anyone again.” Lea told him, a few more tears coming from her eyes.

“I can only try.”


When Lea had finally calmed down enough for her to tell the Hitmonlee where she needed to be, he brought her to the room she had been expected in. When they entered, Midnight was pacing in the room. He turned the moment the door opened.

“Benjamin! What happened?!”

“I’ll give you three guesses.”

The two paused before simultaneously saying “Copper Star.”

“*Sigh* If it weren’t for her great skills on the field, I wouldn’t have even vouched for her as a volunteer. Right Ben?”

“I think we should focus more at the problem at hand.”

“Right, right. If you want, you can go to room five to wait with her friends.”

“Alright.”

Ben the hitmonlee left the room. Lea watched him leave and, as the door closed, she turned to Midnight.

“Y’know, so far, he’s the only one I have respect for.”

“Why’s that.”

“He’s the only one who hasn’t attacked me on sight.”

“That’s why we’re here now. To straighten things out”


~“So, where should we start?”~

“I say they start with those two cruel ponies.”

“Citrus, they can’t hear you. Besides, he doesn’t even know her name yet.”

“I guess you’re right Matrix.”

Inside room five, Matrix Caddi, Citrus, Specter, Shielded Wish (who was fine with being called Wish, even though it kinda sounded girly), and now Benjamin were watching Midnight interrogate Lea.

~“I think we should start with necessary information. Name, Age, Gender. That kind of stuff. Then we can talk about the more important things.”~

~“Fair enough.”~

“Yeah, I don’t think I can get through this.” Caddi stated, “Where’s the bathroom?”

“Go out the door, turn left, go down seven doors and turn right at the intersection. From there, it’s three doors down on your right. Got it?” Wish told her.

“I think so.” And Caddi left the room.

~“So my name is Lea. I recently turned 17. I used to be a human before being changed into an umbreon by Arceus when we were brought here. As you can probably tell from my voice, I’m female.”~

~“Any family?”~

~“I consider Matrix, the other umbreon in our group, my brother. We considered an absol named Angela as our sister. There’s Kya the quilava who was basically my daughter, which makes the dunsparce she raised from a hatchling named Sparks my grandson.”~

~“Wait, let me write this down. Some of those pokemon names I don’t know.”~

“I’ll be telling him what they are later.” Ben commented.

“This is like one of those crime shows Lea lets me watch.”

“Lets you watch?” Wish inquired.

“Some of them she can’t cope with when they come on. She’s had a rough past.”

“I could tell when I met her earlier.” Ben added.

~“Okay, any pony, er- mon else?”~

~“Only one left would be my dad, but I’m not even sure if he is still alive. He disappeared about nine years ago, and I haven’t seen him since.”~

~“Okay then. Now tell me, what do you know of the charges against you?”~

~“I believe they were along the lines of arson, and assault.”~

~“And what do you have to say about this?”~

~“I accidentally caused the fire in an attempt at escape. I was attacked myself, but I’m pretty sure the only time I’ve attacked anyone was just a little bit ago when all those officers ambushed me… sorry about that.”~

~“No, I’m sorry. I should have escorted you to the room myself.”~

“This is getting good! I wonder where Caddi is? She should be watching this.”


“Let’s see… he said turn left at the intersection and it should be third on my right, right? … yeah, I think so!”
Caddi opened the door. Inside was a world made of blocks as far as the eye could see. She closed the door right after an arrow almost hit her.

“Okay, maybe it was third on the right.”

This door opened with a button. When she pressed it, the door slid up. Looking in, Caddi found herself face to face with a giant purple bunny.

“Nope!” exclaimed Caddi, as she quickly closed the door. “Maybe I have the number wrong.

She opened three doors next to each other numbered 4, 5, and 6.

“Crystal palace, crystal tree, crystal palace in a crystal tree.”


“Maybe she got lost. Couldn’t be too hard right?” Citrus asked.

“I guess so.” replied Matrix.

~“You mentioned an attempt at escape. Escape from what?”~

~“Illegal animal fights. Two ponies found me, assumed I’m just like any other animal you’ve got here and made me fight various animals, mainly dogs every single night for about a week and a half.”~

Inside room 6, Midnight’s eyes widened. He got angry and flung the chair he had been sitting in across the room. Lea instinctively hid under the table between her and Midnight.

~“I should have known! I had been hearing rumors about such things and it just so happens a bunch of ponies and animals were in a supposedly abandoned building! And what do they say?! They were helping the animals! What do I do?! LET THEM GO!!! They could be anywhere now! They all probably left town days ago!”~

“Okay, I really wish Caddi were here to see this.” Matrix stated

“Yeah, she has been gone a while now.” Specter said.


“Mushroom people? No. Magic Nightmare Night costumes? Nope. Big cute pink thing that eats everything. Not at all. What’s next?!”

Caddi was still looking for the bathroom. She decided to try the right side of the intersection this time, but now she forgot which door. She opened a new one. This time, it opened up to another police station. Inside this one, Caddi saw two fire pokemon which seemed to be officers, though the outfits the ponies were wearing here was different. Instead of investigating, Caddi slowly closed the door to try another one.

The new one looked kind of like it was made of crystals. Opening the door, she witnessed a group of ponies move out of the way to show a giant blue turtle, who was starting to shoot water at her. Caddi closed the door just in time and went on to the next one.

Trying again, Caddi opened the next door only to see a gigantic group of large metal ants. Upon opening, all the ants turned their heads towards her, seemingly angry. “I’m just gonna go now.”

Caddi decided to try once more. This time, she opened up to… a bathroom.

“FINALLY!” she yelled. “Oh, what’s this?”

Caddi picked up a newspaper article from the floor. On it was the title: WORLD LEADERS MEET TO DISCUSS POKEMON.

Caddi quickly finished in the bathroom before rushing off back to her friends with the article.


~“Are you calm enough for me to come out now?”~ Lea asked from under the table.

~“I guess.”~ Midnight told her angrily.

~“Well then, I should tell you that they’re not gone. It was run by two ponies and just a few hours before we came here, they tried to capture me again.”~

~“You’re kidding!”~

~“I’m not. Their names are Quarry Arrow and Bright Ire.”~

~“...”~

~“Midnight?”~

~“...”~

~“Hey! Guess wha- oh, wrong room.”~

Caddi had burst into the interrogation room with the article in hoof.

~“What’s this?”~ Lea asked her.

~“An article about a meeting the world Leaders are having in Canterlot, by the way, that’s the capital of Equestria. Anyway, I’ll leave now.”~

“Well, that was odd.” Ben said before Caddi entered the room.

“Hey guys! I finally found the bathrooms.”

“We could tell.” Specter mumbled.

~“Quarry and Ire?”~ Midnight finally said.

~“Yeah. This isn’t the first time they tried to get me either. A few days ago, when I found Matrix again, he had showed up to protect me from them.”~

~“They had asked me a few days ago to create a team to try and find you to turn you in.”~

~“The same team that attack me and Caddi that Matrix saved us from.”~

~“DAMMIT!”~ This time Midnight flipped the table. Lea barely ducked under it as it went over her head.

~“Gosh darn it! Get some anger management classes.”~

After a long pause from both of them, Midnight spoke again.

~“You’re free to go.”~

~“What?”~ Lea said, surprised.

~'You never looked to your left, only tensed when I got angry, moved your paws when telling your info, basically your body says everything you’ve said is true. Which means I’ve got to start looking for Quarry and Ire.”~

~“They live in Specter’s building. That might help you.”~

~“Would you like to join the force to help find them?”~

~“What?!”~

~“Join the police force here to find them. You know more than we do.”~

“Say yes, say yes!” Citrus and Caddi whispered together.

~“No.”~

“WHAT!!!” Both of them said.

~“I’ve had enough experience with them. They’ve endangered my friend and family. They’ve attacked us all. I’m done with them. Besides, you can just go to the building they live in and tell them you’ve caught me. Bring them here to see me, and by the time they realise I’m not here, they’ll be behind bars.”~

~“... You know… that’s not a bad idea! Wish, Ben, escort the whole group back out to where they live. I’ll tell the others what we’re doing and I’ll head over to meet them once you get back.”~

Lea left the room and gathered with the group. Specter decided he would go back home while Citrus wanted to see where Lea and her friends were staying. Lea couldn’t wait until she could live a normal life again. Well as normal as it could be now.

Author's Note:

so... you saw the stuff with the doors right? RIGHT?
good. originally i was going to have Caddi get lost in the comments of other new world stories, but that didn't work out.
instead, i decided to make references to the new world stories (other than the original) that i read.
didn't know what to have for new mind, so i didn't mention it, but see if you can figure out which ones i read.

i also added a few other references in there. Let's see who can name them all. (i might have a prize)
Other than that, Ire and Quarry are finally being put to justice!!!
and now our heroes don't have to worry about anyone attacking them thinking that they're the bad guys!
Now all they have to do is find the rest of the family.