• Published 3rd Sep 2014
  • 2,385 Views, 222 Comments

A New World, a Fearful Way - Votederpycausemufins



After Arceus moves all the pokemon and former humans to Equus, Lea finds that being an umbreon here, isn't all it seems to be. Especially where she ended up.

  • ...
20
 222
 2,385

ch. 40 meeting

“Midnight! I had told you to stay with Caddi!” Angela yelled at the thestral. “Instead you went out and left her alone, and we came back to find her with this cacturne! The same cacturne that was helping trying to catch Lea! Explain yourself!”

“Angela, calm down.” Matrix tried to get Angela to settle down. “I haven’t seen you this angry in ages.”

“Oh really?” Cacturne asked smugly. “It used to be she was like this all the time. At least when I was around to see.”

“Oh you keep out of this! I don’t need your sass.” Angela snarled at Cacturne

“Honestly, I’m not sure why you were that weakling Daniel’s pokemon and not Gale’s pokemon.”

“You shut your mouth and don’t you dare mention her name again!”

“Who? Gale? Give me three reasons not to.”

Angela’s horn started to glow and enlarge as she placed it next to Cacturne’s neck. “Here’s one good reason, and even though I haven’t done it it years, I won’t hesitate to do it now!”

For the first time since he had started talking to Angela, Cacturne looked scared. “Alright! Alright! I get it! I’ll shut up!”

Angela’s horn returned to it’s normal state, but she was still angry. “Look… I’ve been trying to run the operation of finding Lea because I have the most knowledge of what we would want to do in finding her. I’ve been in numerous situations like this before. I lived more than half my life with people like Ire and Grumpig and know sort of how they think. Obviously none of you care about what I have to say since no one’s been listening, so I’m going to give one last order which you might actually follow. If you find Lea, find me next because I’m done working with all of you. If you need me, I’ll be out on the streets looking, and I’m not coming back until Lea is found.”

Before anyone could stop her, Angela was out the door.“No!” Kya cried. “I just got my family back! Why must I lose them again?!” She turned to Midnight. “Mister noibat pony!”

“I’m a Thestral.”

“Whatever! This is your fault, and don’t say it isn’t! I don’t like you anymore! You have been shamed!” Kya turned her back on him.

“But I-”

“I said shamed!!!”

“Don’t worry Midnight.” Matrix told him. “She’s ashamed everyone in our family multiple times and she still talks to us. She’ll forget by tomorrow.”

“At least give her two days Matrix.” Linoone said from the side. He had come down to ask how things had gone the day before. For the most part, Linoone was feeling better, but he was still a little weak. “She didn’t even get a full day back with Lea, and those two haven’t been apart from each other for this long since ever.”

“Well if everyone is done talking…” Caddi called from the side. “I think I can go back out and help search.” The group turned their heads to see that Caddi was currently disguised as Kiwi Lime. “It took a few tries, but I was finally able to get my normal disguise to work again. I guess I finally have enough love stored up again to stay like this for more than a few seconds. Just know that I haven’t tried becoming a pokemon yet, so that’s out of the question.”

“Woah!” Kya said in awe of Caddi. “You can look like pokemon too? Are you some sort of bug type ditto?”

“I guess you can say that, but from what I’ve learned about them, it seems that unlike them, I can still attack in my normal changeling form.”

“And Midnight is your boyfriend?”

“Well yeah, I gu-”

“Noibat pony! You are unashamed!”

“What did I tell you?!” Matrix smiled at Midnight.

“I’m beginning to think this is the craziest family I’ve ever worked with.” Midnight responded.


Ire was making her way down the streets. She wore a cloak to cover her cutie mark and had finally washed all the dye from her mane. Her appearance was different enough that no one recognized her. She had spent the last few days searching for Lea again. She didn’t care what trouble she might get into. Bits were tight and these animal fights were the cheapest way to make more. It wasn’t her fault it had come to this.

She had spotted Lea earlier, but there were other pokemon around so she wouldn’t have been able to catch her without some disturbance. The worst part is when she had approached the umbreon to find out what she was doing. Lea had mentioned her name and that she was looking for Ire herself. In a panic, Ire had ran away, not waiting for the other pokemon to leave before catching Lea.

Later, Ire had learned that Quarry was now working with Lea’s friends and family. She still loved him, but thought maybe Grumpig had been right to call him a traitor. But maybe he had done the right thing. The longer Ire stayed in town, no matter how disguised, she risked being found by Quarry, who was the only pony who knew her true secret.

“That pokemon has ruined my whole life!” Ire said to herself. “I can’t afford to start over again, especially since this time I can be found. I guess I could hitchhike to another town, but that would take too-”

Ire noticed a familiar figure out of the corner of her eye. It was the one pokemon Lea had been with that Grumpig had used against Lea’s friends. Following Angela along was Silver, who Midnight had sent to follow her.

“Swoo! Swoobat bat! Bat bat swoobat bat swoo!”

“No matter how much you try, I’m not coming back” Angela replied to Silver. “If it weren’t for the situation we were put in before leaving Earth, I would have rather stayed there than have to deal with this mess.”

“Swoobat swoo swoo?”

“Of course I mean it! The second after Lea gets back and rests up, we’ll plan a trip to that one town near the Everfree forest and we can visit Arceus so I can give him a piece of my mind!”

“Swoo swoo swoo swoo!”

“I realize he could do that! But I don’t really care anymore. I’m done being the pokemon I wanted to be when I lived with Lea. It’s better if I go back to being how I was with Daniel.”

“Bat bat?”

Before Angela could respond to Silver’s question, the pokemon was shot down by a small blast of magic. Angela reeled her head around to see a pony smirking at what she had just accomplished.

“Why did you do that?!”

“Your friend was getting annoying. Besides, I want to talk with you. Angela… wasn’t it?”

“How the hell do you know my name?” Angela asked, shocked.

“Ah, ah, ah! I don’t like your language. Besides, it’s Tartarus here. And that’s also the next place you’ll find your friend without my help.”

“What would you know about that?”

“Does the name Bright Ire ring a bell?”

Angela instantly went into a defensive position. “This is all your fault! Why couldn’t you just leave Lea alone?”

“She’s my one chance at actually being able to live around here. I haven’t even been able to show my face in years because of a mistake I made. A mistake which is not so unlike something you have done.”

“How would you know?” Angela sneered at Ire.

“You’d be surprised about what I learned from your friend. Like the fact you killed some of your family.”

“Don’t you dare bring that up! I was forced to do that! If I could have controlled myself, they would still be alive!”

“The same goes for me and my parents. Because of something I couldn’t control, everyone started to hate me. What will happen if something like that happens to you?”

Angela winced at what Ire said. She was right, at least, if she had actually done something to her parents. Matrix and Linoone almost didn’t make it when Grumpig had control of her.”

It seemed that Ire knew what she was thinking. “I didn’t want her to do anything like that.”

“What?”

“That pokemon. She wanted you to… get rid of… your friends. I was distracted by the changeling. She was also messing around with me, so I wouldn’t have been able to stop you if I had known.”

“Stop talking like you want to help me!” Angela yelled. “It’s all your fault! If you had left us alone, none of this would have happened.”

“I know!” Ire’s voice wavered.

Angela looked at Ire again. There were tears forming in her eyes. “The longer I think about it, the more I realize what I did! I’ve been alone since I was a filly. Everypony hated me and none of them would help, so I did what I had to, even though it meant I could probably never turn back.

“You should have chosen better instead of trying to come to me.”

Ire raised a hoof, almost as if she was going to slap Angela, but instead she winced. “What do I care about you. If you aren’t with me, fine!”

“Why would I want to work with you?”

“Because I can find your friend, and you can help stop Grumpig.”

“You’re lying.” Angela growled.

“That’s for you to decide.” Ire gave another small wince. “I’m leaving. Think about what I said, and maybe you’ll choose the right thing.”

“Like helping you would be the right thing!”

Ire looked back. “I never said that it was, You’ll find out on your own.”

Angela just stared as Ire disappeared around the corner or the nearest building. Of all the thoughts Angela could have had there, Angela focused on one thing. For just a few short seconds, Ire had sounded exactly like Lea.

Author's Note:

so, this is the first chapter to be checked by multiple editors
had a few kinks, but i think next chapter will come out faster
as always, remember to comment, give a like, what ever
also, as of the last time i posted and now, both this story and the prequel/sequel: a new story; are in the prime canon folder in the group!