• Published 3rd Sep 2014
  • 2,385 Views, 222 Comments

A New World, a Fearful Way - Votederpycausemufins



After Arceus moves all the pokemon and former humans to Equus, Lea finds that being an umbreon here, isn't all it seems to be. Especially where she ended up.

  • ...
20
 222
 2,385

ch. 32 battle

Author's Note:

I almost didn't add this chapter yet because the main activity i've been getting is from other authors.
You guys lucked out this time.
but speaking of authors, i had asked some of them for their predictions for this chapter.
I only got two replies, but here they are:

MoochPrime:
I can see this going a couple of ways.
1 Angela and the rest kicking ass.
2 Angela going into a blood rage over what the grumpig has done, and raising holly hell.
3 Angela and the rest winning then grumpig pulls a trick and they start losing but Kya (I think that is the one I'm thinking of) and gets them back to winning.
And that's all I've got. Can't wait for the next chapter.

The Stag Prince:
Right off the bat the only two things I can think of are
1: have one of Team Rocket's pokemon show up (Arbok, Weezing, and so on)
2: have a certain Grumpig get blasted off to the Everfree

Not sure where stag got his ideas, but i digress
Btw, Zeus is helping w/ next chapter, so who knows when it will come out.
oh yeah... i still need to tell him that...
anyway, on to the stunning conclusion.

“How did you get Lea?!” Matrix yelled, seeing his adoptive sister being held captive.

“Oh is that her name?” Grumpig smirked at him. “I didn’t realize. You should probably leave before it’s too late. We wouldn't want you in the way.”

“We’re not leaving without Lea!” Linoone exclaimed.

“Well I guess you’re out of luck.” Ire said. “You’re outnumbered, ten to two.”

“I think you miscounted.” Matrix told her. “There’s three of us.”

“Were you counting Absol?” Grumpig asked, her grin widening. “Because that would be your mistake.”

The second Grumpig finished her sentence, Angela turned around on the spot, her eyes devoid of any emotion.

“There! That should clear up any confusion you had. Two against ten.”

“A-Angela?” Matrix stuttered. “Wh-what did you do to her.”

“She goes by Angela now? That’s a stupid name. Nothing angelique about her. I doubt we’ll need the full ten with her on our side. You two will be easy for her to defeat.”

“No! We still have three!” A voice came along with a blue blast of energy, which hit Grumpig’s arm. It caused her to let go of Lea, who quickly ran over to Matrix, Linoone… and Caddi.

“WHAT?!” Grumpig yelled. “Attack them!”

Angela was the first to attack, trying Megahorn. Fortunately, everyone was able to dodge her, but that didn’t prepare any of them for the next attack. A cacturne used Needle Arm, hitting both Matrix and Lea as well as Angela who had been in the way.

“Don’t attack that absol, Cacturne!” Quarry told the scarecrow pokemon. “They won’t want to hurt their friend anyways.”


Linoone was hit from behind with a Signal Beam from Cryogonal who had used his Frost Vanish to sneak around. Before Cryogonal could get away, Linoone used Extreme Speed to hit back, followed by Pin Missile. Cryogonal quickly recovered, but was still in pain from the attacks. To try and stop Linoone, he used Ice Beam. Linoone’s paws were frozen to the ground.

Linoone didn’t know many move he could do standing in one place, but he did know one good one. Before Cryogonal could figure out what was about to happen, Linoone shot a Hyper Beam right at his back and knocked him out.


Caddi was currently blasting Quarry and Ire again and again, even levitating some decent sized rocks at them. While Quarry was having a hard time from her attacks, Ire was dodging almost every one.

“Oh, is the street performer having a hard time with her magic?” Ire said in a very fake concerned voice. “Let me show you some tips!”
A large blast of orange magic was shot at Caddi. She started to dodge, but it hit her in the side. She was flung into one of the alley’s walls.


Mightyena had decided to finally have his battle with Lea. He was done being told to try and make sure she wasn’t hurt for what his mistress needed her for. “Let me see what you have up your sleeve.”

Lea, not really wanted to battle, just responded by using Screech. When he was about to attack her, she just repeated her last move. “I don’t want to fight. Just leave us alone!”

“Why can’t you just fight me like a ‘mon?! And we’re not going to stop until the masters say so!”

“Then I’m sorry for this. Dark Pulse!”

The attack hit Mightyena. Even though he was resisted to it, Lea still had a STAB boost and his defense was lowered. It would have done more if his ability hadn’t been intimidate.

“Is that really the best you can do?” He boasted. “Ice Fang!”

Lea barely dodged his attack. She wasn’t weak to Ice, but that didn’t mean she couldn’t dislike it. Lea used Screech one more time followed by another Dark Pulse. She continued to use this combo after each of his attacks until Mightyena was knocked out.

“I’m sorry Angela. I really didn’t want to attack him.”


Matrix was battling Amoonguss and Glameow. He was being beaten again and again with Slash before he finally was able to stop Glameow in her tracks and get her to faint. Matrix mainly used Dark Pulse and Shadow Ball to try and attack Amoonguss, but was having trouble after Amoonguss had used Double Team. It didn’t help when he was hit with a Toxic attack either, though he smirked when his opponent started to feel some effects of poison too.

Linoone helped finish off Amoonguss. It seemed like they might be winning, before Caddi crashed into them from another of Ire’s attacks. “Grumpig! Do something!”

“Of course. Absol? I’m done playing with those two. Heracross, grab Lea.

Being forced to obey, Angela came over with a fully charged Megahorn. Lea screamed in terror when she saw the attack would land right at Matrix’s neck. “You’ll kill him!”

Grumpig turned to face Lea with a crazed look on her face. “That’s the plan dear! He’s such a nuisance! I don’t know why you even thought he would last this long!”

“Grumpig, don’t you think this might be taking it too far?” Quarry asked.

“I thought I didn’t want you questioning the plan!” Grumpig said, her eyes and pearls turning blue.

Ire was too distracted by Lea to notice what was going on. She was smiling giddily as she would finally get the revenge she deserved. “You tried to take my life away from me, so now I’m going to take away yours, and you can live the rest of your ‘life’ all alone!”

“Wha-what do you mean?”

“I mean,” Ire started, her horn starting to glow. “That I can give you something worse than-”

She was stopped as a voice rang out yelling, “Flame Thrower!”

A torrent of flames came and hit Heracross, who found himself burned. Angela had stopped her movement towards Matrix to look up and see a quilava running in with a dunsparce riding on her back.

“Stay away from my mommy!!!” The quilava yelled at Ire.

“Away! Away!” The dunsparce echoed. “Rawr!”

“Kya?! Sparks?!” Matrix and Linoone said at the same time.

K-Kya? A-and Sparks? They’re here?’ Lea thought.

“I THOUGHT I TOLD YOU TO ATTACK THEM ABSOL!” Grumpig screamed at Angela.

Before she could try again, Angela was hit by an attack. “Thunder, Thunder!” was what Sparks had started to chance.

“Good job Sparks! You placed that attack really well!”

The dunsparce sneezed, followed by a small cough.

“We still need to fix the problem of you being sick.”

Angela had been knocked out. Linoone had started to go over to check how she was doing before he too started to cough, which started to become hacking.

“I’ve had enough of all of you! Heracross, I don’t care what you do, just stop Lea!”

Lea was knocked into the alley wall. Hard! On her collision, Lea heard a snap. A few seconds later, she felt the blazing pain from her newly broken hind leg.

“Oh this is all making sense!” Grumpig came to a realization.” You were that girl with the shiny eevee we wanted to catch. You had that stupid cyndaquil that tried to destroy our machine. I can’t believe she survived. I guess I’ll have to try harder!”

Grumpig’s eyes and pearls started to glow again, and this time, so did Kya!

“Mommy!” Sparks said as his mom started to float away from him.

“Let’s see, how did we do this again? Ah! Now I remember!”

Kya was flung against the wall, her side crashing against it. Then she was flung to the other wall. This time her back hit it. Again and again Kya was flung across the alley into the wall, until Lea screamed.

“NOOO!!!”

Ignoring the pain in her leg, she got up and balanced on her other three. “DARK PULSE!!!”

The attack hit Grumpig dead on. Lea’s eyes started to glow, and before she knew it, Grumpig was in the air this time. “LET’S… SEE… HOW… YOU… LIKE IT!”

It was Grumpig’s turn to be beaten on the walls. Lea would have done more, but she was blasted away by an orange burst of energy.

“I’ve had enough of you. You’re always in the way!” Ire said to Lea. “But now you’re all out of tricks.”

Matrix and Linoone stepped in front of Lea. “You really think that will make a difference?” Grumpig said as she shakily got up. “Neither of you are fit to battle. Why don’t you let me show you! Psyshock!”

Linoone braced himself for the attack, only to be surprised when Matrix fell instead.

“H-how is that possible?” Lea exclaimed looking at her fainted brother.

“You can thank Doctor Nurem for that! I wanted to become his subject and he gave me stronger powers. Instead of being immune, dark types are just very resistant to my attacks. Unfortunately, it’s doesn’t even take out a full percent of his health. But then again, that’s all he had left. Besides, the poison was going to finish him anyway.

“Now there’s just one ‘mon to protect you, and he’s almost finished too. I guess that’s too bad for you.”

“Bad piggy!” Sparks said from on top of Grumpig’s head.

“What?! How did you-? Get off me!”

“Noooo!” Sparks whined. “Bad piggy!”

He gave a small hop in the air and came back down, quickly spinning. His small tail drill hit grumpig with Drill Run. Then, when he landed on the ground, Sparks started to glow red. He attacked Grumpig, and while it didn’t do much, Lea could tell it did some damage.

Sparks was attacked from the side by an Energy Ball from Cacturne, who still hadn’t been knocked out from earlier.

“Leave Sparks alone!” Linoone yelled at Grumpig, before she fired her own Energy Ball at him, causing him to faint.

“There!” Grumpig said in frustration. “That leaves two of you and five of us.”

“Four!” Sparks said, adding a cough at the end.

“Sparks, what do you-?” Lea had started to stay, before Heracross finally fainted from the burn he had gotten from Kya earlier in the fight.

“We still have more than you stupid pokemon have left!” Ire exclaimed.

“I… wouldn’t be… too sure… of that.” A struggling voice said.

It had gotten dark enough that Ire, Quarry, Grumpig, and Cacturne couldn’t see who it was until it was too late. A blast hit Cacturne right in the chest, knocking him down and out.

“Now… the teams are equal.” Caddi said, walking into view with her wings slightly buzzing.

“That mare was a changeling?!” Quarry exclaimed.

“Yes, I am. Now, whether or not you’ll let us, we’ll be going now.”

Throughout the end of the battle, Caddi had slowly been levitating Lea’s family to a single place when they were knocked out. Pulling Lea and Sparks to the same place, she stood in the middle.

Before Caddi could be stopped by Ire, Quarry, or Grumpig, she had started to strain herself to use a spell. Slowly, blue flames started to sprout up around them. When a full circle was formed, A light blue bubble seemed to form around them. When Ire finally came to her senses, it was too late. Lea and the others had started to sink into the ground. From Lea’s point of view, she could see Ire getting closer and closer. Then suddenly, everything was black.


Lea could tell she was no longer in the alley, which was good, but she couldn’t tell where she was now. The whole place was pitch black.

I wish umbreon just glowed in the dark and not only in moonlight.

Lea tried to take a few steps forward, but cried out in pain when she tried walking on her rear left leg.

“Gan-ma?” Lea heard a voice say.

“Sparks? Is that you?”

“Can’t see!”

“I can’t see anything either.”

“Sunny!” Sparks said, right before artificial sunlight started to shine.

Lea’s eyes took a minute to adjust themselves. In front of her was Sparks, who looked very proud of himself. She also saw that Caddi had used up whatever energy she had left and was also knocked out with her family. Lea could also tell that they had ended up in the sewers.

“So you know Sunny Day, Sparks?”

“Sunny! Sunny! Sunny!” He chanted!

Wonder why he talks like a toddler would when Ziggs is younger but speaks like he’s older.

Lea gave a small shrug before looking back and her family and Caddi, finally getting a chance to look at their conditions. Almost everyone was bleeding, especially Kya. She guessed some of them might have a broken bone or two as well. Not to mention, Lea herself was bleeding and she could feel somewhat faint.

“I know we have something around here!” Lea said, aware of how imperative it was to get all of them to a hospital of some sorts.

“Here it is! Sparks, can you help me?” A little while back, Lea, Matrix, and Caddi had set up carts and rafts for if they needed to bring larger pokemon to the poke center. Lea had found one of the rafts.

After they had gotten the raft into the water and everyone onto it, Lea pushed them off and Sparks started to steer. Lea acted as a map for Sparks so he could get them to the pokecenter. Eventually, the Sunny Day faded, but Lea could see another source of light.

“Go to the light Sparks. That’s where we want to…” Lea’s voice faded off as she finally lost consciousness.