• Published 3rd Sep 2014
  • 2,380 Views, 222 Comments

A New World, a Fearful Way - Votederpycausemufins



After Arceus moves all the pokemon and former humans to Equus, Lea finds that being an umbreon here, isn't all it seems to be. Especially where she ended up.

  • ...
20
 222
 2,380

ch. 4 song (re-written)

Author's Note:

Finally, my rewrites are done, now i can work on the real book 2
and i finally wrote a song! take that chapter!

Lea looked out from the box she was hiding in. Across the way she could see a food stand. An orange mare with a yellow and grey mane stood at the stand. She was talking to the owner of the shop next to hers. She seemed to completely ignore one of the ponies waiting to buy something from her. The stallion must have known her, because he called out her name loud enough for Lea to hear.

“Ifrit! I have been waiting long enough. I need to get to work! Stardust can’t run the place on her own!”

The pony rolled her eyes quickly before going back to her conversation. The stallion did the same and took what he needed and left some money behind. Making sure the mare didn’t see her, Lea dashed over to the food stand and left her own money before grabbing some food and running back towards the box. She set it down and went back for more. When the former human believed she had as much as she paid for, Lea started to move the box away, going into it if anypony got close.

As she moved, the Umbreon noticed how fewer and fewer ponies were nearby. Lea decided it was too dangerous to keep moving with so few ponies around since they could easily spot her. Looking around to see where they had gone, Lea saw they were gathering in a group on one side of the main square.

When nopony was watching, Lea dashed towards the crowd, weaving her way through it to reach the center. In the middle was a unicorn mare colored with various greens. The Umbreon couldn’t tell why all the ponies seemed interested in the unicorn since she was just standing there, but then the mare took a deep breath in.

You tell me what you want,
you tell me what you need,
But you won’t ask the-
You talk about yourself,
And never someone else.
You only care about yooooooooooooooou.
You only care about yooooooooooooooou.
You never miss a step,
You never beat.
You always go and hurt-
You find that you’re alone,
that you had never known.
That it was just meeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.
That it was always meeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.
I never found a way,
I couldn’t save the day.
Now you treat me-
I wish that I had know,
Wish that I was gone.
But now it’s just all wroooooooooooooog.
Wish that is wasn’t wrooooooooooooong.
Just to stay as meeeeeeeeeeeeeee.
I want to stay meeeeeeeeeeeeeee.
Want to just stay me.

The ponies started to stomp their hooves on the ground. Lea jumps back and forth to dodge them, growling slightly of their lack of concern. When they stopped, she heard the sound of coins falling on the ground. Many of the ponies threw their money on the ground in front of the unicorn.

As the unicorn started to leave with her earnings, Lea decided to follow her. Keeping an eye on the mare the Umbreon ran to her box and managed to get in on her back. Going as fast as she could while balancing the weight on top of her, Lea watched as the mare turned down one small alley next to a restaurant. She was surprised since there was a bit of a fence guarding the alley that seemed to small for a pony to fit through. Lea left her box next to the fence once she reached it.

“Don’t worry, I’ve got enough this time. You shouldn’t worry about me.” The green pony said into a door left of her.

A Taillow flew down next to the pony and she pet it. Lea’s eyes widened a little with joy. Finally she found a pony that was nice to pokemon. The unicorn waved to the pony inside who must have been leaving because the first pony stayed in place. Before she could come out of hiding to greet the pony, it was suddenly engulfed in odd flames. Lea was scared that the pony was being burnt up and looked away, but when she looked back, there was still someone standing there. It looked like a black unicorn with a curved horn, that also had wings like some bug types.

Lea gasped in shock at the change and knocked over some of the objects near her. It surprised the odd looking pony and she turned around. Lea, still a little nervous crashed into more objects which fell on her, letting the former unicorn know exactly where she was. The only problem was that she was almost entirely covered up by the things in the alley save for some near her face letting her see out.

“No, please! I-I haven’t hurt anyone.” The strange pony cried out. “I-I’ve been living here forever. I’m n-nice to everypony. I h-haven’t done an-anything wrong.”

Lea was surprised by that. She guessed this odd pony was just as scared of the normal ones as she was. Wanting to comfort the former unicorn, Lea tried as hard as she could to get out from the pile she was pinned under.

When Lea was finally out, the odd pony gave a sigh of relief. “I thought you were a pony! Though I guess only one of you pokemon could fit under there. Sorry about my outburst.”

“It’s fine. Don’t worry, I don’t like them either.” Lea replied.

The creature looked confused for a second before her eyes lit up. She was engulfed again in fire and became a shiny ponyta. Lea was shocked and took a step back.

“What the heck? How did you do that?”

The new ponyta smiled. “I’m a changeling. We’re able to shapeshift. I’m a bit better at shapeshifting than other things, but that means I can change into pokemon like you, though I have some difficulty getting the colors right. Normally parts of me turn blue since that’s the color of my magic. Also, since I shapeshift into a pokemon, I’m able to understand you.”

Lea nodded her head. “Most likely because the way pokemon’s inner ears are shaped compared to you guys.”
The two chatted for a little bit before the changeling asked what Lea was doing. “Well, all the ponies I’ve seen seem to be harming pokemon. I want to make a place sort of what we had back home called a pokemon center when pokemon are taken care of.”

“Oh! I can help! It sounds like a good idea ...uh… I never actually got your name.” Lea gave her name then the changeling replied. “My name is Caddi. Instead of a Y at the end, it’s an I.”

“It’s a nice name. Thank you for agreeing to help.”

“Sure,” Caddi replied. “I mean, it’s the least I can do since pokemon basically saved my life.” Lea looked at the changeling questionly. “You see, changelings feed on love and care. While we do eat normal food, we can die from lack of love too. I was barely getting by from one pony I know, but it hasn’t been enough. Just when I thought I wouldn’t make it for too much longer, you pokemon came and helped me. But I digress, should we get to your place?”

Lea looked in the sky and started to bounce on her feet. “Yes! And soon. I glow at night, and I mean literally glow. I mean, it glows brighter under a full moon, but it still glows at night. Listen, I have a box next to the fence with some stuff in it. Can you carry it?”
Caddi nodded before changing back into the green unicorn. She levitated the box over the fence to her and helped Lea on to her back. The Umbreon guided Caddi on where to turn while the changeling carried them to their destination.