• Published 25th Jan 2015
  • 15,740 Views, 1,363 Comments

A New Beginning in a New Land - REDACTED99999



'Through worlds and sadness and loneliness, we found each other, and if we can be happy together, then maybe it will all have been worth it somehow.' - A man in love.

  • ...
78
 1,363
 15,740

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter 52

“… and that is how Tirek was imprisoned the first time.” Luna finished her story as they got off on Ponyville station, feeling quite satisfied with herself. Her guards took position behind them.

“Wow… so Scorpan just sacrificed himself so that his brother wouldn’t take all our magic away? That was very brave of him.” Lyra looked thoughtful for a moment. “Yet he just disappeared from history, like so much else from that time period… how come, Princess?”

“Well…” Luna hesitated. She did not want to say what she was about to say. “The way I understand it… a lot of books with my name in them were burned after my banishment.”

Both Moondancer and Lyra gasped. Moondancer looked especially outraged. “Why would they do such a thing, Princess?” Moondancer asked, voice shaking at the audacity.

Luna looked down at the ground she was walking on. It was still early, so there was not an abundance of ponies milling about, but there were some. “So that Celestia would not have to be reminded of me. Combined with the fact that books were few and far between, a lot of knowledge and history was lost.” So much was lost because of her actions. She was doing a little for history with her book but….

Wait. Why did Celestia not rewrite some of the history from that period herself?

“Well, this is my stop.” Lyra said from beside her. “Thank you for the history lesson, Princess. It was fun traveling with you.” Luna gave her a small smile and a nod. She then turned to Moondancer. “I’ll write to you when I have time, then we can go hang out with the girls, alright?”

Moondancer shyly scuffed at the ground. “I’d like that.” She answered with a smile.

Lyra made her way to a small shop, while Luna and Moondancer continued towards the castle. The closer they came, the more nervous Moondancer seemed to become.

“Thought about what you want to say?” Luna asked in the hopes of helping the poor mare.

“No. Yes. I… am I being unfair?” Luna stopped, surprised by the question. “I mean… was I the only one who considered us friends? I thought we were, but then she just… leaves. No goodbye, no nothing and then I hear that she made new friends. Not only that, but she… she’s the Princess of Friendship now. Maybe I should just leave her alone….” Her expression turned to anger for a moment before looking helplessly at the dusty road.

Luna went over to the distressed mare, and put a hoof on her withers. “I do not know all the details, Moondancer, but one thing I am absolutely sure of is that Twilight is only a pony, and she is by no means perfect.” She took a pause to smile at the memory of Jax telling her something similar about herself. “So the best thing you can do is talk it out with Twilight. You are the one who realized you needed change, so do not give up when you are so close.”

Moondancer seemed to consider it for a moment, before giving a determined nod. “You’re right, Princess. I’m tired of feeling like I was… like I wasn’t good enough. Time to get some answers.”

Luna nodded at the guards by the entrance, who bowed their heads and let them in without problems.
They found Twilight in the kitchen looking more downtrodden than Luna had ever seen her. Her mane was a mess, her eyes looked bloodshot, and she was strewn across the table with a glass in front of her.

It looked like Spike was refilling her glass every time she ran out, though it looked like it was just milk. Twilight gave Luna a small, forced smile that dissolved back into a frown.

“Princess Luna. Come to banish me to the moon?” She sounded like she had given up all hope. Spike sighed beside her.

Luna exchanged a glance with Moondancer. “And… why would I do such a cruel thing?” She had of course heard of Twilight’s tendency to panic over the smallest things but… this seemed different.

Luna was worried. It was Twilight’s turn yesterday to watch over Jax, and here she was today looking like she had not slept through the night. Had something happened to her Jax?

The thought sent her mind reeling. What if… no, if something significant had happened, Twilight would not be laying here doing nothing. Twilight was the protector of Equestria. If Sombra had succeeded, she would be gathering her friends and assessing the situation, not be sprawled over a table and drinking milk.

It was still worrying her though, especially when Twilight did not answer. She just laid there with a distant look in her eyes.

“Spike? What happened?” Luna finally asked.

“She got into an argument with Jax, a rather… heavy one. She couldn’t sleep so I’ve been making warm milk with honey, but it doesn’t seem to be working this time.” He looked worried as well.

Luna needed to see if Jax was alright. Right now. She turned to Moondancer. “Take these and give them to Twilight once you are done talking with her.” She turned to her guards, leaving Moondancer looking bewildered with a stack of papers in her aura. “I am teleporting directly over to Jax. Thank you for the escort, but I shall teleport directly back to the castle when I am done.” They both saluted.

Luna charged her horn and teleported straight into Jax’ house. She felt a little bad for leaving Moondancer to deal with her problems by herself but… Jax needed her.

She reappeared in the combined kitchen and living room. Nothing looked out of place since the last time she had been there. The table was a bit messy, with letters strewn across it, but otherwise it looked clean, except… Mr. Bear seemed to be laying next to a cloak covering some item by the wall. He looked depressed, but it was the cloak that really caught her eye, because it looked like the gems on it sparkled like stars. She had no time to study it further though. She had to find her mate.

She looked in the bedroom and bathroom, but there seemed to be no sign of Jax, which worried her. He must have gone out….

Maybe Mr. Bear knew something. She could not communicate with animals the same way Fluttershy did, but if he knew where Jax was, maybe he could take her there… or something. Otherwise she could just wait for him to return, but she did not like that option much.

As she moved closer to Mr. Bear, she noticed something about the cloak. It did not just have gems strewn about randomly, it looked like there was a pattern, the same way star constellations did.

“Is that my cutie mark?” She asked nopony in particular, surprised and kind of amazed. Rarity must have made the cloak for Jax using what she now recognized as moonstones.

The cloak moved. Luna took a wary step back. Then the cloak’s hood fell down, revealing Jax. “Luna?” His voice was hoarse, barely above a whisper.

“Jax!” Luna took two steps forward before examining Jax further. He was leaning against the wall, the cloak easily covering him, but that was not what made her hesitate.

He looked terrible. If Twilight looked bad, he looked doubly so. His hair was a mess, his face had a deep frown, and his eyes… his eyes were puffed and bloodshot, his gaze was blurry and saddened.

She covered the distance between them in a flash, drawing him into one of the hugs he loved so much, feeling his familiar form against her.

“Luna….” His hoarse voice made her tighten her grip just a bit, while still being careful to not crush him. “Luna, you don’t mind me eating meat, do you?”

“Of course not.” She answered instantly. He should already know this.

“Even if I don’t need it? Even if I can survive without?” He sounded like he was barely holding back tears. Why was he so upset over it? For this to be the first he asked her, it must have something to do with his and Twilight’s argument.

“Even then.” She reassured him, stroking his head with a shoe-clad hoof. She quickly got rid of the shoe and continued to stroke him, just as he has done for her when she was distressed.

“Really?” She looked down to see that tears had started falling. It was not the first time he had cried in front of her, but it still hurt her to see him like this. Jax was best when he had his giant smile and his easy-going attitude.

As for the meat, she did not mind that he ate it for his own enjoyment instead of survival. She ate a lot of things for enjoyment instead of survival.

“Jax, I swear I do not mind. Come here.” She led him over to the bed, and he followed stumbling a bit.

Luna took her time to settle down on the bed, Jax laying close beside her. “Now tell me what happened between you and Twilight.”

***

Twilight looked at the place Luna disappeared from. Her guards turned around and left the room. She felt weirdly disconnected from everything. For some reason, her dealings with Jax were sometimes less than fortunate. She still remembered the time he forgave her for setting him on fire. That had been entirely her fault, yet he had forgiven her. There was no way Jax was a monster, and she was thankful that she had stopped herself from calling him that in the heat of the moment.

There was a lot of things she regretted about that conversation in hindsight. They should have talked about it rationally instead of yelling at each other… she shouldn’t have gotten so agitated. She should have stayed calm. She was a princess and a friend, and no matter how right she felt she was… but maybe she had been wrong. She needed a different perspective.

“… Hey Spike.” A familiar voice said. Twilight focused on her surroundings again, seeing the pony Luna had come with.

“Hey Moondancer. Good to see you again… sorry about not making it to your party.”

Moondancer? She looked at the pony who looked around awkwardly. The glasses, the voice, that cutie mark….

Twilight’s head shot up at the realization. “Moondancer?!” Party? What was that about missing a party?

Oh… right. Moondancer was another pony she had failed. She had even prevented Spike from going because of her own motivations.

Well they did end up saving Equestria from Nightmare Moon, so she felt like she was justified… what made her avert her eyes from the mare in front of her was the fact that she completely forgot about her existence until this moment.

“Hey… Twilight.” It was a quiet voice, and it was trembling slightly with, if Twilight was to guess, barely withheld emotion.

“Hey… Moondancer. Good to… see you again.” She regretted not being able to sleep so much at that moment. She felt so tired, barely having enough energy to stand up and face her old friend….

“Is it really?” Moondancer challenged her statement. Twilight looked up to find Moondancer looking at her with conflicting emotions, like she couldn’t decide how to feel. Right now it seemed like anger was winning. “Because if it was so good to see me, one would think you would have taken the time to do so earlier.” Definitely anger. The worst part was that her tired brain couldn’t think of anything to say. Was there even anything that could excuse her actions?

“Nothing? No excuse, no reason? Was I just not good enough to be friends with you?”

Twilight’s eyes widened. Looking up at Moondancer again, she saw that tears had gathered in her eyes. She had clearly been walking around with this for a long time. “No! That’s not it Moondancer, please don’t think that. I just… I didn’t know the value of friendship until I started living here.”

“Even then… you never contacted me again. You never thought of me as a friend, did you? It was just me thinking like that.” Her tears started falling.

Twilight hang her head in shame. “It’s true. I had my family, I had Cadence and Princess Celestia… I didn’t think I needed anypony else.” She took a deep breath, remembering how she used to be. It seemed like a lifetime ago, after all that had happened. “I… I’m sorry. I’m sorry that I forgot about you and the others after I came here.” She rose her head again with determination. “But if you want, we can try again. I would love to be your friend, Moondancer.” She offered with a soft smile. She wasn’t sure how Moondancer would respond, but she knew she had to try.

Moondancer looked conflicted. She shifted her weight from one leg to the other.

“You know…” Spike said from beside them, looking guilty. “I’m sorry as well. I didn’t forget you but I never wrote to you either.” He hung his head in shame. “To be fair though, you didn’t write either,” Spike protested. It sounded rather half-hearted though.

“I didn’t know your address… and after you left I was really hurt.” She sighed. “I was really looking forward to having you at my party but then you just didn’t show.”

“I know, and I’m sorry.” Twilight went over and gave Moondancer a hug. “It was my mistake, and if there is anything I can do to make it up to you, I will.”

They stayed like that for a while, until Moondancer pulled back and dried her eyes. “I think… I can forgive both of you.” A sincere smile spread on her muzzle, like she just let go of a burden. “Let’s start over.”

Twilight and Spike both smiled brightly at her.

***

Luna looked down at a sleeping Jax. If she knew things would have turned out like this she would just have gone ahead and had the lawyer meeting last night. She did not feel tired now, thanks to spending most of the night relaxing and napping.

Jax’ peaceful face made her smile. He had looked so distraught while telling her what happened with Twilight. She drew him a bit closer with her wing.

What had Twilight been thinking? It was fine that she had her beliefs, but forcing them on others was not how Luna expected her to act. Especially not with somepony who was on the verge of being possessed. Did she not understand that parasites became stronger in their vessels misery? Luna would have to talk with her about this.

She sighed. Looking back out of the open door, she could see part of the kitchen, but not the fridge. She could spend some time amusing herself with trying to put the cake she had brought into the fridge with nothing but her levitation. It was hard when you could not see your target.

***

Twilight sat with Spike beside her, and Moondancer on the other side of the table. She had just explained her troubles with Jax over breakfast and tea, and Moondancer had listened attentively.

“I don’t know Twilight, this all sounds kind of weird… do you mind if I ask you some questions?” She looked a little unsure of herself.

“No, of course not. I told you so I could get your opinion on this”

“Alright… well, Jax is good… right? I mean, he’s dating Princess Luna… so he can’t be bad.”

Twilight nodded slowly not sure where Moondancer was going with this. “Yes, Jax is good.”

“I thought so. Then my next question… have you ever had cake? Or dessert in general I guess.”

Twilight scrunched her muzzle in confusion. “Yes, of course I have, what does that-“

“Getting there.” Moondancer quickly cut her off, looking like she was analysing Twilight. “Did you have this view on life before you met Jax? I mean, it sounds like you view all life as sacred or something. Is it a religious thing?”

“No, it’s not. I’ve never minded that there were races out there that need meat to survive, I mean, they have the right to live as well. I guess I just always assumed they wouldn’t if they had a choice….” She folded her ears at the memory of the hours of research she conducted to give Jax that choice, only for him to….

Moondancer sighed. “Listen, I think I get it. All your life you’ve eaten nothing but fruit and vegetables, along with everypony around you. Suddenly this creature comes that doesn’t, so it’s a little… uhm… I guess, ominous. But you try to accept it anyway-“

“-because he’s nice and you’re the Princess of Friendship, but deep down you’re disgusted every time you see him eat meat.” Twilight took over and started pacing back and forth. “So you do some research and figure out that omnivores don’t actually need to eat meat to survive, so you’re happy that you can finally make him stop and oh my gosh, I’m such a selfish pony.” She stopped and sat back on her haunches.

Moondancer went over to her and awkwardly put a hoof on her withers. “And kind of hypocritical too, talking about survival in this day and age, when you yourself have eaten things for other than surviving. Imagine a pony walking around, telling others they can’t eat cake.”

Spike coughed into his claw. “*cough* not helping *cough*”

“Oh… uhm, right. Sorry, Twilight.” To her credit, Moondancer looked genuinely apologetic.

Twilight hung her head. “It’s alright, Moondancer. You’re right. It’s just… when I see him eating a fish I keep thinking that it could be swimming around in a lake or river somewhere if….” She sighed. “I wonder how Fluttershy deals with this….” She suddenly felt exhausted again.

“I wouldn’t know. Here take these, I’m not sure what they are, but the Princess asked me to give them to you.” Moondancer levitated a stack of papers towards Twilight. “You should get some rest, Twilight. You don’t look too good. I’ll be making my way back to Canterlot now. You should… you know, visit. When you have the time.” She smiled timidly at Twilight, and Twilight smiled back.

“I will.” She went over and gave her friend a hug. “Thank you for coming. I needed this.”

Moondancer laughed. “No problem. I think I needed it more than you did. Hey, should I stop by Lyra’s place and tell her to include you in the plans? We were going to meet up with the others at some point.”

“I would like that. Thank you Moondancer.” She drew back and covered her yawn with a hoof. “Now, if you’ll excuse me… I think I’ll take you up on your advice and rest.”

“Hey, how about I show you around Ponyville Moondancer?” Spike asked.

“I would love that, Spike, thank you. Goodnight, Twilight.”

“Goodnight Moondancer.” Twilight answered and made her way through the castle, towards her own room.

“You know, I bought you a present for your party. It was this teddy bear that I had paid for with my own bits. Unfortunately when Twilight…” was the last thing Twilight heard before Spike’s voice became too distant as they headed into town.

***

Luna was humming to herself. She had deposited Jax’ piece of cake into the fridge a while ago, so left with nothing else to do, she was just waiting for Jax to wake up. She had looked for his door in the dreamrealm... but annoyingly enough, it did not seem like he was dreaming… again. She had not been able to find him in the dreamrealm for a while and it annoyed her a bit since he had given her permission to enter his dreams whether he was having a nightmare or not.

Well it had only been five days since then, so she would surely get her chance.

She looked back down at the creature that had made her so happy, but her smile was turned into a frown as memories she had hoped forgotten resurfaced. Memories of the Limelight whispering sweetly to her.

Celestia had decided to do something as simple as to take a walk through town, and soon the entire town cheered at their beloved Princess, crowding the streets.

Luna had watched from the windows of the castle. ‘Look at them cheering, keeping the limelight on her, as you lay here all but forgotten in the shadows.’ It had whispered. ‘It does not have to be this way, Luna. I can make them see you. Yes… I will become your Limelight, and then everypony will look at you, and only you, with the same admiration they have for your… sister.’ It spat the last word out like was it poison.

“Thou art wrong… Limelight. We art not yet forgotten. Come nightfall, we shalt make our way through the streets of the commoners as well, and they shalt cheer for their Princess of the Night as they doth cheer for mine sister.” She tried to convince herself in vain. That night she had only proven the Limelight right. The streets were empty and devoid of life. Nopony cheered, nopony even saw her, since they had been safely sleeping in their beds.

I neither see nor hear anypony cheer for you, Night Princess. It is the day they love, sweet Luna, not your night. Look up at the moon, look at the stars, see them glimmer and shine, and know that you are the only one looking, for everypony sleeps through your beautiful night. But do not worry… I am your Limelight, I will shine on you and only you. Yes… together we can become something more than you are now. If the night should last forever, there would be no way for them to avoid seeing… admiring… and appreciating you and your precious night.

She had not given in that night, but the whispers had sounded so sweet and logical to her, and she had already been in a bad place by then. So that night she gave a little more of herself to the Limelight.

So foalish she had been. So inadequate she had felt next to her perfect sister. Such a big mistake she had made….

But Jax was not like her. He did not worry about practically every action he took, nor did he needlessly compare himself with another pony. He could win against Sombra the parasite. He could and he would. She would make sure of that.

She leaned down and nuzzled his cheek lovingly. It was her beloved Jax, the one who had made her smile, made her feel alive. The one who had comforted her when she needed it, and the one who had let her comfort him. He had confided in her, over all other ponies, about his past just as she had done with him for her own. They would prevail over this and grow even closer. There was so much they still needed to do….

“Mmm… I could get used to waking up like this.” Jax sighed from under her. She stopped nuzzling him and planted her lips on his firmly, closing her eyes in the process. He made a surprised noise, but then he leaned into it.

This was different from their first kiss. It was less passionate, but in a good way. It was like she had time to really feel it, instead of moving in a daze. Jax let his hand wander up her cheek, and she shivered at the loving touch as he slowly moved it up to her ear. She tried to flick it, but he grabbed it between his fingers and started kind of massaging it… it was hard to describe but it felt nice. Another shiver ran through her. She could feel both herself and Jax smile.

She had to do something for him as well. She could not be the one getting all the shivers. She broke off the kiss but kept her eyes closed. She took a second to position herself on top of him, then dove in on his soft lips again from a different angle. Jax gave a sound of appreciation which made her hum with happiness. She could also feel his excitement poking her down there through his clothes, but ignored it for now. She did feel rather glad that her body could excite him as much as his could excite her though.

Her hooves were too clumsy to do what she wanted to do, but her wings were more flexible. She pushed his hair away from his ear so that she would have access, and then started running a feather over and around it. She could feel the shiver running through him just like she had wanted, making her smile widen in victory. He giggled into her mouth and redoubled his effort on her ears by using his other hand as well.

She giggled as well. Two could play at that game. She used her other wing and started using her feathers on both his ears.

They both opened their eyes at the same time, at the sound of a pop and a flash.

“Hello Jax, Fluttershy said you were wondering how I was doing so- ohhh, oh my…” Discord stood at the door, a sleek smile visible on his muzzle. “Bad time? Oh look at you two lovebirds.” For some reason that only Discord himself knew, he spawned some birds out of thin air that danced around in the air. “No no, no need to tell me to leave, I get it. I’m sure you must both be rather...frustrated." He wiggled his brows at them suggestively. "I’ll come back another time. Toodles.” He and the birds disappeared in a wave and a flash.

Luna and Jax just looked wordlessly at each other for a second before falling into fits of laughter.

She did not quite know what was so funny, but with Jax, the fun was always doubled.

She was also glad that they had stopped before going any further. She could ignore the fact that Sombra was currently inside of her Jax’ mind and watching everything they were doing most of the time. She was not about to have her first time be with him in the same body as the one she was making love to.

Besides… Celestia had said that it was too early for that anyway. Still, after spending much of the night reading that book without tending to herself, as well as what they had just done, she decided it best to remove herself from Jax before she left a wet spot on his clothing due to her arousal. While still laughing the whole way, she somehow managed to make it to the bathroom to calm herself down.

She came out to find him out of breath, with a big smile still on his face, just like she preferred him. “Ready to go out? I hope you were not thinking of spending our entire day together inside.” She asked with a half-smile.

“You say that like it would be a bad thing.” He joked back, already making Luna feel more at ease.

“Oh… just come on. I brought bits with me, and it has been a while since I have been to ‘The Great Circle’,” she laughed. He was already looking better than when she came, though he still looked somewhat tired overall with bags under his eyes. The fact that he was smiling and joking like she remembered lifted the worry in her heart somewhat.

“I actually think they miss you there. Alright, let’s go.” He rose from the bed, but had to steady himself, probably from rising too quickly. She took a worried step forward but he quickly waved her off with a smile. He dressed himself, as he always did, and off they went.

***

“Princess Luna! It is good to see you again. Welcome back.” The owner invited them with much enthusiasm, making Luna smile.

“Thank you. It is good to be back.” She answered honestly, taking in the familiar smell of pizza. She shared a look with Jax. “We shall have our usual, please.”

“Of course, coming right up.”

They went over to their usual sitting spots. “So, how have things been for you the last couple of days? Sorry I haven’t been writing, I really feel like I’m wasting Spike’s awesome gift, but… yeah… all I have are bad excuses….”

Luna smiled ruefully at the table. They had had this problem before, as far as she remembered. “Well… ‘Tis not like I have written to you either. I guess I am old-fashioned, but I prefer to talk muzzle to muzzle, and nothing of import has happened that would need to be written… maybe with the exception of what happened last night.” She looked up to find Jax looking at her curiously. She allowed herself a smile. “Celestia came up to me with a mare in tow, one of Twilight’s old friends before she moved to Ponyville, in fact. She is now my secretary.”

Jax smiled at her. “That’s great, I hope she proves useful. What else?”

“I hope she will. Otherwise… not much. I am still meeting with lawyers to discuss the current law. You should hear them Jax, it is impossible to move forward with much of anything with them, and now Celestia wants a word in as well. By the time we change a single law, a whole new book full of them will probably have been made.” She complained.

He chuckled a bit. “Well changing the law, especially on such a grand scale, is no laughing matter. I’m sure future law students are going to appreciate the effort though.”

“They better, after what I am going through.” She laughed.

They shared some more small talk until their pizzas arrived.

“That was fast. Thank you.” Luna nodded to the owner.

“Of course. Your highness, Jax.”

Jax looked at him thoughtfully as he went back to work, then leaned in and whispered to Luna. “You know, I don’t think we ever got his name, and at this point I’m afraid to ask.”

Luna stifled a laughter behind a hoof. “You are correct. I have been thinking of him as simply ‘the owner’, and asking at this point would seem awkward.” She whispered back.

“Well, he makes great pizzas nonetheless. It’s probably something like Great Pizza in typical pony fashion. Or Pizza Maker. Pizza McMaking. The Pizzanator. El Pizza Grande. Something with Pizza for sure.”

Luna could not smile any wider if she wanted to. She giggled behind a hoof at his silliness. “Maybe his name is Great Circle, the same as the name of the store. Many ponies use their own name for their store.”

“But that would go entirely against my theory that it’s something with Pizza.” He argued.

“We could always ask.” They looked at each other wordlessly, before they both started laughing.

***

They came out of ‘The Great Circle’ with full bellies and smiles on their faces. Being with Jax always made her so carefree. It was a quite pleasant contrast to her usual worry.

She spread her wings. “Want to go for a flight?” She asked him, pretty sure of his answer already.

“You know it.” He smiled and climbed upon her back, reminding her of the days when they were stuck like this. She took off with a start, making Jax tighten his grip on her.

Soon, Ponyville was but a toy set underneath them, as they soared through the sky. The weather was not perfect for their flight, due to the harsh winds. This was no problem for Luna however, and Jax was well covered by his cloak.

There were not many pegasi around, so they had the sky mostly to themselves. She did not try to do anything extravagant, she just flew at a slow and steady pace, enjoying the feeling of flying, as much as the feeling of Jax holding her tightly. The first time they had flown, he had almost choked her, which he of course later apologized for. She chuckled at the memory. He took it much better these days, trusting her not to drop him.

After a long while, she settled down on a cloud, simply enjoying the view while taking a breather. Jax nuzzled the nape of her neck, making her hum in satisfaction.

“Hey guys!” A rainbow coloured blur stopped in front of them, revealing herself as Rainbow Dash. “I’m finally out of the hospital!”

“That’s great Rainbow!” “Congratulations!” the both let out at the same time.

“Yeah, thanks. But hey, no time to talk, I have almost a week’s worth of flying to do!” She disappeared as fast as she appeared.

Looking around they saw that she distanced herself from the town to do tricks. They looked on as she made a wide assortment of loops, barrel rolls, and other stunts, some of which others might consider too dangerous in this kind of weather. At some point she stopped flapping, letting gravity take her almost the entire way to the ground before straightening.

“How come you never do that sort of thing with me?” Jax jested from her back.

“I would, but I would not want you to try to choke me again.” She replied as matter-of-factly as she could.

He instantly understood what she was referring to. “You still on about that? I told you I was sorry. It was my first time flying!”

They both laughed before going back to a comfortable silence.

***

Luna laid on the meadow where she had become friends with Jax, and where they had returned at least once a week for her entire stay in Ponyville to animate the stars. The sun was on its way down, and it was soon time to raise the moon.

Jax was sitting beside her. “To be honest, I promised Apple Bloom that I would suggest you do the same thing as last week, with the shooting stars. Honestly I wouldn’t mind seeing it again myself. It was pretty damn awesome.”

Luna blushed at the praise. “Alright. But do not interrupt me then. I will need to concentrate.” Concentrate was an understatement. Last time she had been in a deep state of meditation to achieve the starfall sky effect.

“Alright.” Jax nodded seriously.

She started taking deep breaths, filling her lungs to the brim, holding it there, then letting go. She could feel the sun go all the way down behind the horizon, and made her first move, hiding the light from her stars. Five minutes, then ten, until she felt she was ready. Then she opened her eyes, knowing that they shone with power. She slowly rose into the air as she amplified her spell. By this point she had blocked out the outside world completely, concentrating on controlling the light from each and every one of her stars. She started with one, letting it seem as if it was flying across the night sky, then another, and another, until she was controlling the light from thousands of stars.

The second time was easier than the first, but manipulating the light of so many stars was still taking its toll on her, and she almost wavered, before she remembered the reason she was doing it in the first place. She wanted to leave her Jax in awe. So she continued for another minute before she was satisfied, and quickly raised the moon before she would become too tired to do so.

She landed on her feet, but they gave way from underneath her. Jax caught her before she could hit the ground, and gently laid her on her back. She looked up at his ecstatic smile, and deemed her weariness worthwhile.

They stayed like that for longer than she should have allowed, but being in his embrace just felt so right. She did not want to leave.

“I have to leave soon.” She whispered.

Instead of answering, he started nibbling at her neck. It was a rather peculiar feeling, not unpleasant though. Then he bit down a little harder, and sent a jolt through her body. “Jax, eating me is not going to make me stay.”

“Ehh, hair.” She spit at the ground a couple of times. “Biting not doing it for you? Maybe a different kind of eating then.” He answered mischievously.

“What do you mea-“

Before she could finish the sentence, he was on her, kissing her with a deep lust. She was just about to tell him that she really did need to get going, when he began scratching her stomach. She let go of a long moan; it felt better than she had ever imagined! He pressed his tongue against her lips and she let him in, letting their tongues dance together. Every time he scratched her in a right spot on her stomach she would moan into his mouth, making him kiss deeper and scratch harder. For a while, she just lost herself in the emotions, her thoughts a daze.

Then his right hand started going lower with an obvious destination in mind.

She was not sure if it was because Sombra was there, or that they were outside for all to see, or because it was too early for her, or maybe a combination of everything, but she stopped his hand with a hoof... and broke off the kiss.

“Jax…” She was breathless, but she gathered her strength. “It is… a bit too early in our relationship for this kind of exploration, not to mention that we are outside.” She pulled herself up on her haunches.

“Oh… okay, yeah. I guess you’re right. Sorry.” He gave her an apologetic smile.

She nuzzled into his side. “Do not apologize, my dear Jax. You were only following your body’s desire, and I should probably have stopped you earlier. I am glad you want to go further, but let us take our time.”

“Of course. We have lots of time,” he smiled… though this time clearly forced. Was he afraid he was going to give in to Sombra at some point? Or was she simply overthinking it?

“Yes. We do.” She stated and kissed him firmly on the lips. Should she do something else? But what? “We… I… I really do need to go now.”

He nodded, and smiled more genuinely. “I understand. Go do your royal duties.”

She hesitated… but then she powered the spell and teleported back to her room in the castle.

Author's Note:

We are really getting close to the 200k words XD Maybe next chapter :b
Sorry about the delay, my editor needed the time :) That being said, I think Sunday will be the new day I post these chapters (which it was originally anyway) :)

Anyway, I don't remember what I've already recommended, so I'm just gonna put in a ff, and if you've seen it here before, tell me XD
The Human Condition is really good XD Check it out ;)

PreviousChapters Next