• Published 16th Apr 2012
  • 921 Views, 9 Comments

A Day in the Life of... - Poniard Dagger

  • ...
3
 9
 921

A Doctor of Time

April 5, 2013

Clockwork's day started off like any other. He was awoken by Derpy, who as usual, woke him softly and gently with a kind nuzzle. Oh Celestia, how he loved that. He loved the way she talked. The way she would nuzzle him to wake him. The way she looked, even her wall-eyed expression. He loved everything about that mare.

His presence on this world was a complete accident, as most things that happened to him were. He was in his TARDIS, running a simple flight, nothing complicated, when his TARDIS materialized too close to a black hole. Not even a TARDIS can escape a black hole, but for some strange reason his tried. It locked him in a time loop. He was not in control. His TARDIS dematerialized, and then...nothing. Just nothing.

He woke up in the Everfree forest. He had wandered for several minuted before he stumbled across that wall-eyed mare. She called herself Ditzy Do. She was cute. Ditzy was very helpful to him as he adjusted to his life as a pony.

He stayed with her, not just because she was a great helper, but because she needed help herself. Ditzy was made fun of quite often, and the duty of a comforter and protector fell to him. A duty he took upon himself many times voluntarily, As time went on, he began to grow closer and closer to Ditzy. He never felt this way about anything, not his TARDIS, not any of his previous companions, not even his "granddaughter" Susan.

He found a fashionista, a pony named Rarity, and asked her what to do. Rarity had suggested asking for her hoof in marriage. He had shunned the idea for several months before he finally decided. He went to Ditzy, and invited her on a walk through Everfree forest. He walked with her to where she had found him. He turned to her, and kneeled, which for a pony is quite an accomplishment. Right there, in the middle of the Everfree forest, in one of the most secluded areas, she accepted his proposal.

A date was determined for the wedding. He was not aware until later that her previous husband had died on that date. She had insisted on that date. She told him later that she wanted to have a sad day, for her, turn into one of the most joyous days of her life.

Ditzy had looked so beautiful in that dress. The white dress flowed so gracefully. He wore a simple black tuxedo, with a black bow-tie. He watched that blue-grey mare walk up that aisle. He barely noticed the Princess reading off the wedding writes. He was lucky to be able to get the Princess to do the wedding. It took him using his physic paper, his wit, charm, along with a large amount of flattery, to get her to accept. She read Ditzy's vow and waited for a response. Ditzy accepted. And as the Princess read his vow, he thought back. Here he was, a TimeLord, over 1,200 years old, getting married to a pony. As the princess finished she looked at him, he didn't realize for several seconds before he realized she had finished talking. He looked at his Ditzy, smiled, and spoke.

"I do."


Those words echoed throughout his thoughts, every time he saw her, he would think about those words. Were they a mistake? No, he knew that he would never have done it any other way. The TARDIS had left him, she always knew what was best for him, if this had not been for the best, it would not have left him here. Perhaps it thought that the young mare was what he needed. Or perhaps the Ditzy needed him. No matter what anypony had said, he was always there, she would always look to him for support. Maybe thats what he loved about her so much, the fact that she believed in him the whole way.

These things rolled through Clockwork's mind as he readied himself for the day ahead. His job was as at a local clockwork store, the owner had the exact same cutie mark as himself, which he found interesting at first, but never dove deep into it. His co-worker, who was named Time Turner, had the same manestyle as himself, although his mane was a light tan and his coat was a dark brown. The two were easily confused for each other.

His day at the Time Turner Emporium was usually a rather boring day. He would mind the shop for a few hours while Time Turner visited with his marefriend,
And then when Time Turner returned they would usually switch roles, although clockwork usually went home instead of looking for Ditzy. She was always busy and last time he nearly caused her to seriously injure somepony, he felt sorry for that purple mare.

During his break, while he was at the cottage, Ditzy came flying in the house crying her eyes out. She flew through through the house, into their room, slamming the door behind her. He had never seen her like this, what happened? Who did this to her! Normally, he was a pacifist, but he would rip out the throat of whomever did this to her.

He walked to their room, quietly opening the door with the house key. Slowly, he walked over to where she was lying facedown on the bed, crying into the pillow. He sat down on the bed next to her, but as soon as he attempted to touch her, she screamed at him, yelling about how she had seen him with Twilight Sparkle. Clockwork knew he was nowhere near Twilight the entire day, in fact the last time he had seen her was when he caused Ditzy to drop a small amount of heavy objects on top of her. He tried to convince Ditzy that the pony she saw was not him. She would not hear it, she yelled at him to leave, and that she hated him, she turned to look at him, with an expression of pure rage, she told, well more of yelled to, him what she saw, as she described how it could have only been him, her expression turned to one of realization, quickly to remorse, she began crying again, telling the timelord how she was mistaken. He decided the est thing to do was to simply hold onto her. He grabbed her up in a tight embrace, letting the mare weep into his shoulder. He realized who she was describing to him.

The rest of his day went along without much of a problem, he had picked up Dinky before going back out to help Time Turner close up the store. He talked to Time Turner,who he later introduced to Ditzy. Time Turner greeted her like one would greet royalty, and Clockwork appreciated the gesture. After a brief conversation, Clockwork and Ditzy walked back to their cottage, sharing the lovely view as they trotted through the small town. He enjoyed looking at the scenery around him, he had long ago accepted the general belief that an Alicorn had created this world, even though he knew different. He had seen the formation of many planets, none of them had been created, save for one, now two according to the local lore.

His mind usually wandered while walking through the small town. His thoughts shifted from the day's activities, or lack thereof, to Ditzy's beautiful mane, to where his TARDIS could be. Most of the time they remained silent, trotting through the town.

Upon reaching their cottage, the duo went to work fixing up the dinner for the night. Dinky was hard at work upstairs, doing whatever she liked to do in her spare time. He never really got that filly, why she would hoard herself up in her room. When asked she would just say that she was working on a project. He had not been in her room, never needed to, since he had moved into this cottage with Ditzy.

After their dinner had been completed, and consumed, Dinky cleaned a few dishes before racing back to her room. He and Ditzy completed the dishes, Clockwork washed them while Ditzy dried and placed them in their proper places. After they had completed the "kitchen duty" Ditzy told him she was tired, and would be going to bed early.

Following her upstairs, he went through his regular procedure to prepare for bed. He brushed his teeth, and washed his mane and hooves. By the time he had finished Ditzy was already in bed. Slowly, and gently, he crawled under the simple covers, joining her in the bed.

As she drifted off to sleep he embraced her from behind, leaning up and whispering in her ear. He could feel her warmth and her smile as they fell asleep.

"I love you Ditzy Whooves."

Comments ( 6 )

I would like to know what Dinky's plan is.:ajbemused:

yeah love this story, specialy because of the differents points of bvew of a singlwe day:pinkiehappy:

And What is Dinky planning?:trixieshiftright:

491555>>496261

Oh, i never actually put much thought into her "plan" so to speak. I might do something with that later. Hmm... I have a few ideas.

A date was determined for the wedding. He was not aware until later that her previous husband had died on that date. She had insisted on that date. She told him later that she wanted to have a sad day, for her, turn into one of the most joyous days of her life.
25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m432nwXFy61qj1htoo1_1280.gif

4639350
You are 100% correct. this was literally my first fanfiction ever and i appreciate your criticism.

Login or register to comment