• Published 29th Jun 2014
  • 14,608 Views, 356 Comments

Fluttershy's Foal? - Autum Breeze



After one of pinkie's parties, Twilight wakes up to find herself a foal and Fluttershy is her mother. Wait, what?

  • ...
28
 356
 14,608

Chapter 1

Fluttershy's Foal?

Chapter 1

___________________________________________________________

"Wow, Pinkie, you really outdid yourself this time," Rainbow Dash smirked as they looked around the ballroom of the new Crystal Palace.

Though it had been such a long day for them and all of Ponyville, what with Tirek taking all the magic they had, only to have the mane six return it all, everypony was enjoying the party, dancing and having the time of their lives.

"Pumpkin, no!"

They all turned to see Mrs Cake pulling Pumpkin off of the head of one of the guards that had just arrived, pulling his helmet off with her as the little unicorn foal held onto it with her mouth, a wide smile on her face. Fluttershy sighed, looking down.

"Somethin' wrong, sugarcube?" Applejack asked, noticing the Pegasus' mournful expression.

The timid mare looked up, shocked they’d noticed, then looked away. "Do... do you girls think.... think I'd be a good mother?"

The question caught everypony off-guard, even Pinkie.

"What makes you asked that, darling?" Rarity asked confused.

Fluttershy sighed, a few tears welling in her eyes. "Back at the Crystal Empire, I saw a mother and her filly. They looked so happy. It made me wonder if I'd be a good mother. Though I know I probably wouldn't be. Any foal would probably be miserable if I was raising them. I care for animals. How could I care for a foal? It’s not the same."

Not liking to see their friend so sad, they all crowded around her, giving her a group hug.

"Don't you go and say that now, ya here, sugarcube?" Applejack said firmly. "Ya'll're great with fillies and colts. Ya'd be a great mom."

"Applejack's right," Twilight said, nuzzling the Pegasus. "Why, if I were your foal and you were my mother, I know I'd be one of the happiest fillies in Equestria.

Dash nodded, smirking. “Twilight as Fluttershy’s foal? That’s would be hilarious!”

Rarity and Applejack glared at the Pegasus.

“I don’t think so in the slightest,” the fashionista huffed, turning away from Dash.

Applejack just scowled at the cyan mare.

There was a popping sound and Discord appeared behind the six mares.

“I whole heartedly agree,” he said, giving a distasteful look at Rainbow, folding his talon and paw across his chest. “Fluttershy would make a wonderful mother.”

He inwardly smirked. In fact, just for fun, I’ll make Twilight a foal for Fluttershy to care for. Just for tonight, of course. I don’t want to ruin our friendship after I almost destroyed it not so long ago.

Fluttershy smiled meekly. "Thanks, girls. I—"

"Pumpkin, what're you doing?"

The mares all turned to see the little unicorn focused on them, her horn glowing brightly with her blue aura. At the same moment, Discord clicked his talon, his eyes going wide as he realized his mistake and his talon glowed with the same aura as Pumpkin’s horn.

Uh oh.

"Duck and cover!" Pinkie cried, bounding under one of the food tables and putting her hooves over her head.

Twilight glanced around at the others in fear, realizing Pinkie’s Pinkie Sense was telling her something dangerous was about to happen. However, they had only seconds to react before everypony present was blinded by a white light.

___________________________________________________________

Twilight moaned as she rolled over in her bed. Her head was pounding. It felt like... well, like she’d been fighting a power-mad centaur. She inwardly chuckled.

I must have drunk too much and passed out and somepony brought me to my room, she thought, then frowned. But how did they know where it was? I don’t even know where it is. I didn’t exactly get to explore the castle yet.

She stopped frowning for a second, but it soon returned.

Something felt... off. She couldn’t place her hoof on it but something seemed out of place.

She shifted, trying to get her blanket into a more comfortable position, but became very confused.

She could hear the sound of the blanket shifting, but it didn’t feel like it had shifted. In fact, it felt the same as before. Surprisingly snug to her body... save her wings?

She slowly opened her eyes and pushed herself up, hearing a crinkling sound.

She hesitated. Something about that crinkling sound was... familiar.

Her eyes finally were able to focus and her frown became more confused.

There were bars in front of her. Purple, crystal bars.

“What?” she asked, then blinked. Her voice was unusually high. It hadn’t been that high since she was a filly. “What’s up wif my... WHY AWE MY HOOVES SO SMALL?!”

She had just noticed as she lifted a hoof up to scratch her head that it look tiny and stubby, not like her hooves at all.

There was a fluttering sound from behind her and she glanced back, only for her eyes to widen in shock. Her wings! They looked even bigger than Scootaloo’s wings! How was that possible?

Worried about what else on her body could have shrunk, Twilight glanced up at her horn and felt her heart stopped for a second. It... it was as long as Sweetie Belle's! What happened to her nice, slightly longer than a regular unicorn’s horn?!

She started hyperventilating. Her hooves were tiny, her wings were tiny, her horn was tiny...

She looked down at her hooves again and suddenly took notice that they were covered in a purple, woollen fabric, like the kind hoofy pajamas had, or snuggies, as most ponies referred to them.

“But...” she whimpered, her high voice squeaking to a somehow even higher level, “why would I be weawing snuggy pajamas? I’m not a foal...?” Her eyes widened. “Am I?”

She pushed herself up fully, the blanket coming off and that crinkling sound happening again, followed at once by Twilight noticing the feeling of something warm and snug around her flank that wasn’t the snuggy.

She started hyperventilating again.

What was going on? Why was she a foal? Why was she still in the castle? Where did the crib, for she now saw that was what the bars belonged to, come from?

“Oh... Angel,” a soft, sleepy voice said from somewhere. “Not so loud, please? I have a really bad headache. What did Pinkie put in that punch last night?”

“Fwuddewshy?!” Twilight cried, putting her hooves to the bars, looking out.

Now that she wasn’t focused on her strange transformation, she noticed the room she was in was crystalline in design, yet similar to Fluttershy’s bedroom from her cottage.

She’d been in there a few times to care for the Pegasus when she’d gotten sick with Feather Flu days after Tornado Day.

However, she knew this wasn’t Fluttershy’s cottage for several reasons.

The first, and most obvious, this was definitely the castle and two, Fluttershy’s cottage was destroyed when Tirek had gotten all the alicorn magic and gone and a rampage.

The Pegasus was laying in a bed a few hooves away, covered in a blanket of fine wool.

“Twilight?” she said sleepily, rolling over to face the direction of the foal’s voice and slowly opening her eyes. “Why’re you in my cottage...?”

“Fwuddewshy!” the alicorn cried, banging her hooves on the bars. “Down’t you see someting weiwd about me?”

The Pegasus frowned in confusion and sat up a little. "Twilight?” she asked, rubbing her face with a hoof. “Why’re you a foal?”

The words that left her mouth suddenly seemed to register and she snapped awake, her eyes wide with horror.

“T-T-Twilight!” she cried, pointing a hoof at her in fear. “You’re a foal!”

“Jee, tanks. I newew wou’da guessed,” Twilight deadpanned.

Fluttershy’s fear suddenly vanished and she put a hoof over her mouth, slight giggles escaping her.

“Fwuddewshy!” Twilight pouted, which only made Fluttershy’s giggles grow louder.

“I-I so sorry, Twilight—” the Pegasus struggled through her giggles. “Y-you just look so cute wh-when you d-deadpanned and p-pouted—” She couldn’t finish, lost in a fit of giggles.

“Dis is sewious!” Twilight shouted, her anger at Fluttershy’s reaction making it hard to keep a level head. “I became da Pwincess o’ Fwienship onwy yesewday and now I’wm a foal! We need to teww da pwincesses!”

Fluttershy, now over her giggle fit, suddenly stared in horror as the dawning of the situation hit her.

Twilight was a princess of Equestria. She was the Element of Magic. If she was just a foal, there was no telling how Equestria would react to this.

“Oh, no,” she said, her voice turning into a squeak. “What do we do?”

“Teww da pwincesses!” Twilight said, shaking her head at how Fluttershy seemed to have forgotten she’d only just said that a few seconds ago. “Fiwst we teww ouw fwiends, den we teww da pwincesses.”

Fluttershy nodded. That was the most reasonable thing to do.

Twilight’s face darkened and she looked away. “But... fiwst...”

“But first, what, Twilight? I-if you don’t mind my asking, that is?” the timid mare asked, looking at Twilight from her bed.

Twilight scowled, looking away. “Can you get me ouwt o’ dese snuggies an’ change me? I tink I went wast night.”

Fluttershy blinked, then wrinkled her nose as a strong smell reached her senses.

She put a hoof over her nose, saying in a squeaking voice you always do when pinching you nose, “Oh, Twilight. What did you eat last night?”

Twilight just glared at the floor. “Wike I’d know.”

___________________________________________________________

Surprisingly, or, maybe not, considering how weird it was already that Twilight had woken up as a foal in Fluttershy’s room of the castle and in a crib at that, there was a changing table, fully stoked and ready for a foal to be changed.

Twilight, despite her humiliation at her current circumstances, had to admire Fluttershy’s skill in diaper changing.

“I change a lot of baby animals,” Fluttershy answered the unasked question on Twilight’s mind.

Twilight nodded.

That made sense. Before Tirek had destroyed her cottage, Fluttershy took care of every manner of animals, some from birth to adulthood. And that wasn’t really very different now.

When the castle had grown, it had a room specially suited for her and all her friends. Fluttershy’s room was a lot like her cottage, with bird houses and small critter houses hanging from the ceiling and around the walls and they was a ledge so that the animals could come and go as they pleased, with vines for the non-winged ones to climb up and down.

While she was being changed, Twilight noticed something that both confused her and made her happy. She still had her Cutie Mark. This was odd because, when Trixie had used age spells to turn Snips and Snails into foals, they'd lost their Cutie Marks until they were returned to their normal ages, so why did she still have hers?

She pondered this. Maybe it was because she'd finally found what she was princess of and that was now tied into her, despite her new age? She'd need to do some research, as soon as she was back to her normal age again, that is.

Once she’d finished changing her diaper, Fluttershy picked Twilight up and put her on her back.

“I tink Wainbow would stiww be downstaiws,” the alicorn foal said, frowning, deep in thought. "She'ww pwobabwy tease me about dis, but we need hewp."

Fluttershy wouldn't tell her, but Twilight looked so cute with that look on her tiny face. She'd noticed it during the changing, but hadn't said anything and hidden it from her face as best she could.

Fluttershy frowned. "Something I don't understand..." she murmrued, looking back the foal Alicorn, "is your eyes, wings and horn."

Twilight blinked, then cocked her head. "Huh?"

Fluttershy trotted over to a draw and opened it, moving thing around until she'd found a mirror and held it up so Twilgiht could see.

Twilight blinked, not sure what to make of what she was seeing. She looked like a foal, true, but there was some key differences between her and other foals she'd seen throughout her life time.

For one, Twilight eyes seemed more defiened than a foal's should be. On top of that, now seeing her reflection, she could confirmed that her wings were indeed bigger than a foal her age's should be, as well the length of her horn.

Twilight blinked, realizing something. She'd never heard of an Alicorn foal being born before. She wasn't even sure if the princesses had been born Alicorns. She knew Cadance had been born a Pegasus.

At that moment a knock came from the door.

Both Twilight and Fluttershy flinched and glanced at each other, fear in both their eyes.

"Miss Fluttershy?" a mare's voice called from the other side, muffled by the large crystal door. "Are you and the princess up yet?"

Their eyes widened and they glanced at each other.

How did this unknown mare know Twilight was in the room too? Did the princesses already maybe know and they'd put her in the Pegasus' room while they figured something out?

That made sense, Twilight supposed. Putting her in Fluttershy's care ensured she would be safe until they figured out a solution to the problem.

Fluttershy opened the door and a yellow Earth Pony mare with a green mane, tail and eyes and a lemon Cutie Mark was waiting for them.

Twilight frowned. She could remember this mare. Her name was Lemon Dreams. She was a pony that had, for some many years, thought she was a lemon, but had been fine recently.

"Um, hello?" Fluttershy asked nervously.

Lemon Dreams smiled warmly. "The princesses sent me to guide you to the dinning hall. You still seem to have a little difficulty, finding your way around here. Though, since you've only been living here for a few days, I can't be surprised. I've still no idea how I've figured out how to move around this place after I volunteered for an extra job. Guess everypony that works for royalty gets some weird knowledge to navigate the halls."

Twilight frowned. Either Lemon Dreams hadn't noticed she was a foal, or the princesses had briefed her enough for her to know not to say anything.

Lemon looked to Twilight and smiled. "Good morning, widdle pwincess. Did you have a nice sleep."

Twilight looked away, so as not to give away how angry she was at being talked to like a foal.

Lemon Dreams, however, just saw it as a cute foal reaction "Come on," she chuckled, turning down the hall and heading down it."Can't keep the baby princess waiting."

Glancing at Twilight on her back, Fluttershy waited for her confirmation to move on.

Twilight nodded and they followed Lemon down the hall, both still wondering what the hay was going on.

Author's Note:

Here's my newest Fic.

Hope you like it so far. Don't know when I'll next update this, but I hope you enjoyed the daaa'ws that were here.

Lemon Dreams is copyright of Blueshift. I do not take create for her character

Please comment and, until next time, goodnight, everypony:twilightsmile:



Edit 28/3/2016: If you're wondering what Twilight looks like watch the Ail-icorn short.

Despite Season 6 is suggesting natural born Alicorns might be different than ascended ones, Twilight doesn't become a natural born one here, she doesn't have a similar look to her little cousin, Flurry Heart:twilightsmile: