• Published 29th Jun 2014
  • 14,565 Views, 356 Comments

Fluttershy's Foal? - Autum Breeze



After one of pinkie's parties, Twilight wakes up to find herself a foal and Fluttershy is her mother. Wait, what?

  • ...
28
 356
 14,565

Chapter 9

Chapter 9

___________________________________________________________

Twilight shifted, her muzzle scrunching as she searched for the warmth of another body. After several moments of not finding one, she opened her eyes, looking around in confusion.

This wasn’t her room. Where were the crystalline walls? Where was her crib? Where...?

She heard the sound of light snoring. Looking in the direction of the sound, her muscles eased as she saw Braeburn and Strong Heart sleeping in their bed and it all came back to her.

Fluttershy had arranged for them to spend some time in Appleloosa so she could get to know her new father better.

Looking around, she could see it was still early morning, so it would be wrong to wake anypony up this early.

She pouted, folding her forelegs. What was she supposed to do til everypony else woke up, huh? She wasn’t feeling sleepy, so going back to sleep for a quick nap was out of the question.

Moving her eyes around the room, they fell upon a large stack of books, which she suddenly remembered Braeburn had gotten her yesterday, but that she hadn’t gotten a chance to read due to him showing her around the town.

She blushed, still embarrassed at the memories of all the Appleloosans who’d spoken with her new father, all saying how adorable or cute she was.

Putting those thoughts aside, and realizing she finally had a chance to do some serious family history studying, Twilight lit her horn, pulling the stack of books into her crib.

Setting them down, she took the top one, opened it and began to read.

___________________________________________________________

The crowing of a roaster roused Braeburn from the realm of sleep. He slowly sat up in bed and stretched, smacking his lips, before turning to Twilight’s crib, only to smile.

Twilight was laying on top of a book, fast asleep, her nose scrunched up and a cute little smile on her face.

Shaking his head, Braeburn got out of bed and moved over to the crib. Leaning down, he tried to pull Twilight out, but found, the moment he tried to move her, her horn light and, as she rose, so did the book.

He blinked, not sure what that meant. He found out a second later as he tried to pull the book away, only to have it pull against him, as if an iron bar was holding it back from his grasp.

Realizing trying to take the book from Twilight would be a bad idea, he simply left her and the book on his back, before heading downstairs.

Reaching the living room, he saw Speed Strike coming out from the guest bedroom. Nodding to the Pegasus, he headed for the kitchen to get breakfast ready.

A few minute later, everypony and buffalo else was up, save Flutershy, who will still in bed with the Feather Flu.

All sat down, Twilight being put into a high chair. On its counter was a bottle of milk and a bowl of apple sauce.

The little foal pouted for some reason, babbling in a way the yellow stallion could swear was mumbling, but shook it off.

“So, where’re ya taking yer kid t’day, Braeburn?” Rainbow Dash asked, munching on a red apple.

Braeburn paused, trying to think about that, before there was a knock on the front door.

“I’ll get it,” Strong Heart said, getting up and leaving to do just that.

They all listened, able to her some murmuring, before Strong Heart returned.

“Sheriff Silver Star needs your help, Brae,” she said, seeming both worried and disappointed.

The farmer stallion cocked an eyebrow. “What about?”

She shook her head. “He told me he couldn’t say much right now. Only that it involves problems at the rodeo out in Hoof City.”

Braeburn stiffened slightly. “Uh oh,” he murmured, putting a hoof to his chin. “It can’t be him again, can it?”

“Can't be who?” Rainbow asked, cocking her head a little.

Braeburn shook his head and stood up. “Ah gotta see what this is about.” He turned and nuzzled Twilight. “Sorry, Twi. Guessin’ we’ll have t’ try again t’morrow.”

With a nod to everypony else and a quick nuzzle to Strong Heart, Braeburn donned his hat, grabbed a few hash browns and an apple and hurried out to meet with the sheriff.

“Well, that was weird,” Scootaloo said, blinking.

Rainbow nodded, a confused frown on her face. “Wonder what’s up.”

They all decided to put it aside for now and returned to breakfast.

For the rest of the day, Scootaloo kept trying to get her wings to help her lift more than a little off the ground, whilst her father and Rainbow watched, each giving the younger Pegasus pointers whenever they felt it needed.

Strong Heart spent the time tending to Fluttershy, to help make sure she was better sooner rather than later, so the Pegasus could spend time with her foal again.

Twilight chose to do something they all found quite odd. Unlike the times Dash remembered before, when Twilight would fly around, using her magic whenever and teleporting, she just sat on the floor in the living room, pouring over several Apple Family history books.

At least, she found it odd until she remembered Twilight didn’t have the mind of a foal, but of an adult mare from an alternate timeline where she and the little pony had been good friends.

It irked her that she couldn’t remember that life. She wondered what might have been different in her life in that reality compared to now. Was she on good terms with Scoots’ dad? Did she and the squirt even have the sisterly relationship they do now?

They were questions she wanted answers to, but the only two ponies nearby who could give her any answers were either in bed with Feather Flu, or only able to say “Books”.

It didn’t exactly leave her with a lot of options.

Inwardly sighing, Dash walked over to the little foal and sat down next to her.

Twilight looked up at her with innocent eyes and Dash gave a small grin.

“So, whatcha readin’ there, Twi? Anything good?”

The baby pony then began babbling away in a fashion that Dash found she could now recognize as a lecture in a sense.

She had to stifle a snort and the cuteness and absurdity of a little baby like Twilight giving a lecture. It was hilarious, but seeing it happening was so damn cute as the little Alicorn pointed out parts in the books, using a tone Dash remembered from her teachers back in Cloudsdale.

It was just too funny and adorable.


After several hours of a lecture from Twilight, the first time Dash was ever able to sit through a lecture without falling asleep due to this just being too damn precious; Twilight gave a big yawn, before crawling a little closer to Dash.

The Pegasus was confused at first, until Twilight used her magic to lift Dash’s wing, crawled a bit closer, then let the wing fall back down, this time over the little pony.

Dash blinked, before a small smile came to her face and she settled down a bit. True, letting a foal nap under her wing wasn’t something she’d normally do, but Twi was Flutters’ kid. She’d make the acceptation this one time.

Author's Note:

A little something to make up for my prank.

Hope you liked this little bit of a fluff chapter.

Til next time, later everypony