• Published 29th Jun 2014
  • 14,573 Views, 356 Comments

Fluttershy's Foal? - Autum Breeze



After one of pinkie's parties, Twilight wakes up to find herself a foal and Fluttershy is her mother. Wait, what?

  • ...
28
 356
 14,573

Chapter 3

Chapter 3

___________________________________________________________

Discord leaped away, slamming into the wall as the pink pony just seemed to appear behind him. Several chunks of crystal dislodged from the ceiling, hitting Discord on the head. Due to the magic of the castle, the spots now empty of crystal quickly healed themselves, leaving the ceiling fully intact, as if nothing had happened.

Twilight, however, couldn’t see it too well. Upon Pinkie Pie’s sudden appearance, Fluttershy had clutched onto the little foal, holding her tightly. Twilight could tell this was a mixture of Fluttershy being Fluttershy and her new motherly instincts to protect her child from a possible danger. Which, considering this was Pinkie Pie, wasn’t too far off from danger anyway.

Pinkie looked at Discord in confused. “Dizzy, why’d you slam yourself into the wall? That didn’t look very fun.”

“It wasn’t,” the Draconequus grumbled, rubbing his head, which was now sporting a large red lump. Sometimes, being a being of chaos sucked when your own magic amplified things like bumps.

Twilight, however, after having pulled herself enough out of her surragote mother’s grasp to breathe freely again, looked up at Pinkie. “You wemembew me?”

Pinkie turned from Discord to the foal and nodded, grinning. “Well, duh. Just because you’ve turned into a foal, Fluttershy’s become your mom and the whole world’s forgotten everything that happened since you were originally born and our whole reality has changed to suite that you're a foal doesn’t mean I’ll ever forget my best friend.”

Twilight could do nothing but blink as she absorbed everything Pinkie had just said and felt a headache coming on.

“But, how come you remember everything, but everypony else doesn’t Pinkie?” Fluttershy asked, then hid behind her mane. “That is, if you don’t mind my asking?”

Pinkie nodded. “Well, of course I remember. Why do you think I hid under that table and shouted “duck and cover”?”

Twilight looked up at Pinkie, having been holding her head in her hooves for the last few seconds. “You mean, you wemembew... jus’ becauwse you hid undew a tabwe?”

Pinkie rolled her eyes. “Duh. And lucky there was a table, because a place-mat was too far away to reach in time, so I chose the table.”

“But... how...?” Twilight moaned and flopped onto her back, looking up at the crystal ceiling. “You awe so wandom.”

She lay there for several seconds, pondering over what other changes this new world had compared to the one she’d grown up in, when something occurred to her. If she was a foal, she’d never been Celestia’s student. So... if she hadn’t become Celestia’s student, who had?

When she posed this question to Pinkie, her jaw practically dropped. Sunset Shimmer. In this version of her world, Sunset never left for the human world, remaining Celestia’s student. Though, apparently, she’d never gone far enough in her studies to warrant Celestia testing her for the right to become an alicorn.

Twilight almost fell off of the bed. Had the Pegasus not darted forward and caught her, Twilight probably would’ve needed the hospital during her first living memory day of being her daughter.

Pinkie, oblivious to the shock in the foal’s mind caused by the learning of this information, pulled Twilight into a hug, rubbing her cheeks against the foal’s and, try as she might to fight it, Twilight giggled at the feeling of Pinkie rubbing her cheeks.

Fluttershy smiled, walking over and nuzzling her daughter. Sweet Celestia, that was still hard to understand. Twilight was her foal, her child.

Suddenly there was a loud crashing sound from outside, followed by, “Consarnit! Apple Bloom, Sweetie Belle, Scootaloo, what did Ah say ’bout runnin’ in the halls?!”

The male voice took them all off-guard. It sounded like...

“Bwaebuwn?” Twilight glanced at Fluttershy, very confused, as was the Pegasus. “What’s he doing hewe?”

“Oh, yeah!” Pinkie chirped, passing Twilight back to Fluttershy. “Braeburn’s your daddy.”

“WHAT?!” they shouted, their eyes wide, even Discord stared at Pinkie in shock.

Pinkie just tilted her head to the side. “What what?”

“How... How is Bwaebuwn my daddy?!” Twilight shouted, mentally cursing herself for saying “daddy” instead of “father”, like she’d intended.

Pinkie grinned. “Oh, it was about a year before Nightmare Moon arrived. Braeburn was visiting Sweet Apple Acres in order to tell Applejack that the fields would soon be ready for Bloomberg. To celebrate, Applejack and the rest of the family had a big party, planned by yours truly. Fluttershy came by with Winona after having taken care of some fleas she’d gotten.

Braeburn asked her name and she told him, then Applejack said, since you were already there, you should join the party. Wow, you drank a lot of cider, so did Braeburn. They both got really drunk and... well...”

Twilight blushed, realizing what Pinkie was saying. She’d been born because Fluttershy and Braeburn had been drunk and... She face-hoofed. Great, so she’d been conceived during a night of drunken passion.

Suddenly, her mind went at a million miles an hour as something clicked. Braeburn was her father and he was an Apple. That meant, if she was his daughter, she was an Apple too. But if that was true, she and Applejack and her family were cousins. But if that was true, then that meant she was also related to—

“Yep!” Pinkie chirped, ruffling Twilight's mane. “I’m your fourth cousin twice removed. Nice to meet ya, cousin.”

Twilight said nothing. She couldn’t. Her mind had just stopped as she stared at the smiling pink pony standing in front of her she was now related to.

“Um, why is Braeburn here? If it’s alright my asking, that is?” Fluttershy asked, looking at Pinkie, completely oblivious to Twilight’s mental strike. “Isn’t he meant to be in Appleloosa?”

Pinkie nodded. “Yep. But you didn’t learn Twilight was in your tummy until he went back and when you told Applejack he was the daddy, she marched up there and dragged him down to figure it out.”

“And... wha hawppen?” Twilight asked dizzily, still reeling from the mass of information her now tiny head had already had to absorb today.

Pinkie giggled. “Well, he couldn’t stay in Ponyville, because he needed to help Appleloosa and Fluttershy couldn’t go with him, because her friends and whole life are here, in Ponyville, so they both agreed that he would come and visit you guys and vice versa from time to time and have shared custody of Twiney.”

Twilight snapped out of her stupor and scowled at Pinkie, though it’s menace was lost on the pink pony because her foalish face just made it look cute. “Down’t caww me Twiney.”

The Earth Pony countered with a pout. “Aw, but it sounds so cute.”

The door suddenly opened, revealing the Cutie Mark Crusaders as they charged towards Fluttershy and Twilight, the former suddenly stiffening from the sudden noise, the latter burying herself deeper into the former’s fur on instinct.

A stallion easily recognizable as Braeburn stopped in front of the door, panting heavily. “How... How da ya’ll handle these three, Fluttershy? Ah barely lasted five minutes with ’em.”

Twilight wanted to get a good look at her “father”, but the CMC were jumping up and down in front of her, cooing and daa’wing at how cute she was, making it impossible to see passed them.

“She’s so cute!” Sweetie Belle practically screamed, making said foal and her mother flinched.

“I still can’t believe such a little foal managed to save Equestria so many times,” Scootaloo nodded, grinning as her wings buzzed.

“Ah still can’t believe Ah’ve got a princess for a cousin,” Apple Bloom chirped, leaning up and nuzzling Twilight.

Said alicorn had stopped at what Apple Bloom had just said. She’d vaguely forgotten that being related to Braeburn, thus being related to Applejack meant she was also related to Apple Bloom.

Braeburn walked in, gently pushing passed the three excitable fillies and nuzzled Twilight, who, despite herself, cooed as he did so.

“Let’s leave them alone, shall we?” Pinkie said, pushing the fillies out before they could protest, though that didn’t stop a trio of moans from sounding through the doors as they closed.

Fluttershy looked away from Braeburn, blushing, the thought of just how she and he had become Twilight’s parents made it impossible for her to look him in the eye.

“Um, did Ah do somethin’ wrong?” She glanced at him, seeing a slightly worried look on his face, before she looked away again.

“N-no,” she stuttered, gulping. “I... I just can’t stop thinking about... um, that night.”

Braeburn suddenly wore a blush equal to Fluttershy’s. “Yeah. Ah still have nightmares about how Granny first reacted when Applejack dragged me over to sort everythin’ out.”

Fluttershy gulped. “So, um, how’re things in Appleloosa?”

Braeburn’s blush faded and he smiled wide. “We’re doin’ great. Ya should bring Twi around more often. Strong Heart’s always wan’n’ to know how she’s doin’.”

Hearing about the young buffalo, Fluttershy gave a small smile. “Oh, well, I suppose we could go sometime, if it’s okay with her, that is.”

Braeburn nodded. “She’ll be happy ta hear that. Let me know when ya’ll can come.”

Fluttershy gave a meek nod, then the slightest frown. “Braeburn, why’re you here. Um, if you don’t mind my asking.”

The stallion shook his head, then nuzzled Twilight, who giggled in response. “After Ah had my magic taken, I was so worried ’bout our little girl I had to find out how things went here. Glad it wasn’ as bad and ya’ll're both okay.”

Fluttershy’s frowned went from curios to confusion. “If you came as soon as everything was okay, how come you’re only coming now?” As soon as she said it she regretted it, thinking, maybe he’d been here since after Tirek had attack and now she’d just made things really awkward.

Braeburn looked away, an ashamed look on his face. “Ah’m real sorry ’bout that. The train broke down half way here an’ it took a day an’ a half for the repairs.”

Fluttershy looked very apologetic. “Oh, I’m sorry, Braeburn. I should’ve known you’d have a good reason for not being here sooner. ”

He grinned. “No prob, Fluttershy. Now, Ah think somepony here’s hungry.” As if on cue, Twilight’s stomach growled loudly, causing the little alicorn to blush.

Fluttershy smiled. “Well, I’m sure breakfast isn’t finished yet. Let’s head for the dining hall.”

Braeburn nodded, Fluttershy put Twilight on her back and the three headed out and Fluttershy led the way back to the dining hall.

Author's Note:

here's chapter 3.

sorry this chapter's so short. it was originally going to be over 2000 words, but that was with Twilight having some random oc stallion as her dad that died stopping a griffon wizard assassin and a flash back in which the same the happened shortly before twi went to ponyville a few days later. doesn't really sound like something you'd read in a comedy fic, is it? so, instead, i made Braeburn her dad. sadly, that made this chapter shorter than i wanted it, but oh well.

hope you enjoyed the chapter, will try to get the next one out soon and, until next time, see ya later, everypony