• Published 21st Jun 2014
  • 5,160 Views, 566 Comments

Two-Sided Prequel II: Who You Work For - FerociousCreation



Note: This is the FIRST installment of the Two Sided series. After working in a coffee shop for two months after leaving Suri, Coco Pommel found a job that is to make a dress "fit for a queen." Little did she know was who she was going to work for.

  • ...
21
 566
 5,160

PreviousChapters Next
The Fateful Event: Hypocrite

Ch.34

All three of them walked in silence as Coco followed the changelings as they turned this way and that. Even though the mare had been down these halls before, she could never remember where she was going or even where she was. If Coco were to ever want to come back in visit, if it was possible, she would need to remember how to venture through the castle hallways. Otherwise, Fang may have to retire his position as the queen's personal guard to Coco's personal escort.

After rounding another corner, two changelings crossed their path. One was an adult. The other, a child. Despite how the Chrysalis was disguised as a unicorn, the changelings knew exactly who her queen was. “Forgive me my queen,” the older changeling spoke as she stood aside for Chrysalis. The young one stood beside the female without saying a word. “You look very beautiful my queen,” the adult spoke again. Stopping, Queen Chrysalis turned to face the commoner. Fang and Coco stopped as well.

“Thank you,” the queen answered. Chrysalis peered down at the child with a smile. “Are you enjoying your day?”

All the child could do was quickly nod with a smile. The size of her queen intimidated the child. Then the little changeling looked to see Coco Pommel and gasped. “Coco!”

In an instant, Coco recognized the child. “Teethling!” the pony exclaimed. Walking over to the filly, the pony smiled, “How are you?”

Not answering Coco’s question, Teethling said with an awestruck expression, “You look soooooo pretty.”

Coco glanced at the mare changeling who was smiling at her. Of course, that mare was her mother. “It’s nice to see my daughter taking a liking into you.”

“Can I assume the same for you?” Coco asked.

“I suppose…” the mother answered with a shy response.

From a distance, Fang could see his queen becoming a little irritable, despite her not saying anything. “My queen,” he spoke, “shall we be on our way?”

“We should,” she responded in a low tone.

“O-oh! Sorry for keeping you my queen,” the mother responded.

Chrysalis then looked down at her friend and said, “Say goodbye. We have things to attend to.”

Not wanting to upset her friend, Coco smiled at Teething and said her farewells before walking off with Chrysalis and Fang. “Forgive me for being impatient,” the queen spoke as they walked, “but I want to make sure that we handle business first by signing up for this contest. I want to be sure I can be guaranteed that I will be absorbing a plethora amount of love tonight.”

“I understand,” Coco answered. “This night is very important to the hive. You just want to stockpile on food.” She looked up at her friend with a smile. “You know, you are very brave to put yourself out on the line just so you can feed your home.”

“It’s what a ruler must do.”

In her peripheral, Coco noticed Fang nodding to his queen’s response. Coco wanted to ask him what he thought about his queen being unafraid of going out of the hive, but felt she could hold that question in.

Once more, they began to walk through the hallways. Two rights. A left. A straight away. After a few minutes passed, a changeling began walking toward their direction. However, unlike the other two who stood aside for Chrysalis, the changeling simply stopped in the middle of the hall.

“Get out of the way!” the queen ordered.

“I- I need a moment to speak to you,” spoke the stallion. The voice was familiar and Coco was hoping it wasn’t who she thought it was. She glanced at Fang who stared intensely forward with an angered look in his eyes.

“Move!” Fang ordered.

Something hard hit the guard in the cheek. “Do NOT speak for me!” Queen Chrysalis barked before turning her attention forward to the changeling ahead. “I order you to move! NOW!”

As they got closer, Coco knew who it was. It was Scar Splash. The mare instinctively pressed her body against Fang knowing he will keep her safe. At this point, Chrysalis was looking like she was ready to walk over Scar Splash, perhaps trample him in the process.

“Please my queen,” Scar begged. His expression looked scared. Perhaps Queen Chrysalis knew of his actions that he did yesterday and was very unhappy with Scar Splash.

“Whatever it is you need to tell me can wait,” Chrysalis spoke as she was now several feet in front of her.

“Has Fang not told you what I had done yesterday?”

At once, the queen stopped directly in front of the changeling. She noticed that Scar was staring directly at Coco Pommel. She also noticed how Coco was staring back at him with fear in her eyes and saw Fang glaring at Scar. Coldly, the queen asked, “What did you do to her?”

“Nothing my queen. I did nothing to her. But-”

“He was challenging your rule!” Fang yelled, pointing a hoof at him. Coco stood behind Fang, afraid things were about to turn ugly. If there is one thing she abhorred, it was yelling.

Fang was expecting his queen to blast Scar Splash into oblivion upon his statement, but she remained still. “And what exactly were you challenging?” Chrysalis spoke calmly.

Scar was hesitant, but he answered, “By… you befriending that pony over there!” His expression was then turned to Coco, angry with her presence. Bringing attention to himself, Fang stepped forward, ready to confront Scar. “Go ahead, try something.”

“Step back Fang,” Queen Chrysalis demanded. Fang did not want to do so, but he was more afraid of his leader than a worthless challenger. Stepping in front of Scar, she spoke calmly, “Do you think because Coco Pommel is my friend, that gives you the right to be angry with my choice?”

“I…” Scar Splash stuttered, “believe she is making you weak. I just needed to tell you that. I went and told Fang that his pony friend was making him soft. And I also told him that that pony is making you forget your purpose for-”

In one quick motion, Scar Splash’s body was flung into the wall. Coco shrieked as she watched the changeling get tossed like a rag doll. He yelled in pain as he crashed against the stone surface. Several jagged cracks shot out in random directions from the impact sight of Scar’s body. His body then fell to the ground. Transforming herself back into her changeling form, the queen stood over the hurt stallion. “You of all changelings should not be telling me this.” Leaning down to his ear, Chrysalis whispered, “Perhaps I should tell my friend your secret. That might teach you to not speak against me.”

Still scared, the pony stood behind Fang, afraid of what might happen next. Fang turned to see his friend frightened and he frowned. “Don’t be scared.” But that did not help ease Coco’s nerves. She knew how Chrysalis could get when she is angry. However, this was a different side of her friend she did not know about and she did not want to be on the other end of the queen's wrath.

“Now,” Chrysalis spoke aloud, suspending Scar in the air, “you are in my way.” Swinging her head backwards in one quick motion, Chrysalis sent the changeling sailing backwards. Coco ducked behind Fang, afraid Scar might hit her. Coco watched Scar as he hit the ground, tumbling as he slid across the ground, then hitting into the wall at the end of the hall.

When the changeling came to a crashing halt, the mare watched him slowly get up and stare back at her. Though she might not be able to see his expression, Coco knew he was glaring at her. But why? Why did he dislike her so much? Why did he challenge his queen’s choice?

“Let’s keep moving,” Chrysalis spoke. Turning her head, the mare noticed her friend was now back into her unicorn form. But Coco was having a hard time moving herself. Fear had cemented her legs from moving. The pony looked back to see that Scar Splash was no longer in their presence. “Do not worry about him,” the queen said, placing a hoof on her shoulder. Leaning toward Coco’s ear, Chrysalis spoke, “I’ll tell you why he is a hypocrite in the carriage.”

So there IS a reason why Chrysalis did what she did! Coco thought in her mind. Because of curiosity, it decayed the heavy weights of fear and allowed the pony to walk forward again. “Okay, let’s go,” Coco mustered up.

At once, they all began to move once again. Fang looked to Coco and said, “Don’t be upset Coco. We have a great night to look forward to. You still owe me a dance.”

The statement seemed to lighten up the pony’s attitude as he saw her smile. “Hehe, I do.”

Chrysalis turned her gaze to the wall. Too bad it will be your only dance with him…

PreviousChapters Next