• Published 21st Jun 2014
  • 5,159 Views, 566 Comments

Two-Sided Prequel II: Who You Work For - FerociousCreation



Note: This is the FIRST installment of the Two Sided series. After working in a coffee shop for two months after leaving Suri, Coco Pommel found a job that is to make a dress "fit for a queen." Little did she know was who she was going to work for.

  • ...
21
 566
 5,159

PreviousChapters Next
Let's Find Out

Coco tried to make haste, trying to keep up with Fang, but his fast pace made it hard to keep up with him, so she decided to walk instead. It took little time before she made it to the falls. She looked ups at the falling water, wondering where it came from. The light from the pool was at the direct center, under the water and was a lot brighter than it was from a distance.

Coco heard the other changelings talk as she drew closer and closer to them. When she got off the stone staircase, she went over to her acquaintances and asked, “So can I just get in?”

“If you want to,” Silky said. “But it is a bit cold.”

Walking over to the water, Coco noticed the water was held in a hollowed out stone hole. She noticed a leaf on top of the water as it drifted toward what looked to be a crude makeshift dam that was made up of a pile of rocks and sticks. Several areas of the pool were deeper than others; however, most parts were shallow. If Coco had to guess, the pool was about fifty yards.

Curious on how the water temperature was, Coco dipped her hoof in, expecting a slightly lukewarm feel to it. Instead, it was cold; really cold. Shaking her hoof, the pony shivered and asked, “Is it always this cold?”

Fang approached her from behind. “It gets colder as the night goes on.” Fang gave her a smile as Coco gave a concerned look.

“Well, why have me bathe when it is cold at night? Can't we just wait till morning and hope it gets warm?”

“You forget who I am,” Fang said with his head held upward. He then buzzed his wings and flew over the center of the pool. Slowly, he descended into the body of water. With a raise of his horn, a red color flashed from it. Suddenly, a huge plume of hot mist rose into the air.

Quickly, the air grew humid and hot. Without hesitating, the tailors quickly jumped into the now hot body of water. Some of them regretted the choice because it was too hot, while others hummed to themselves in happiness by the heat. They moved toward the dam slowly, chatting amongst themselves once more.

Coco took caution as she dipped her hoof in the pool, just to be sure she doesn't boil her blood. One inch, then two, then her leg, then her entire body. Before she realized it, Coco forgot to take off her collar before she entered the water and caused it to get wet. Regardless of that, she untied the light-blue sailor collar and placed it on her towel.

The water consumed half of her belly and her legs were fully submerged. She wanted to sit down but decided not to do so just yet. Noticing Fang at the center, Coco moved toward him as she wadded through the water. But as she got closer, the water continued to get hotter. It got to a point where the pony could not get any closer without scalding herself. Wanting his attention, Coco called out, “Umm, Fang!”

His concentration was snapped and he turned to see the pony behind him. “Do you need something?”

“I just wanted to say thank you for doing this for me,” she smiled.

“Anything for my friend.” The word “friend” left a strange taste in Fang's mouth. He was not yet used to saying such a word to a pony.

Standing still for a few moments, Coco asked, “Can I talk to you about a few things?”

Fang knew what she was going to go on another questionnaire, so came up with a reasonable excuse. “If I move from here, the water won't stay hot for very long, so I need to maintain the temperature.”

“Alright.”

The changeling noticed that Coco didn't like the answer. “Why don't you go with the others? I'm sure they don't mind you anymore.”

“Yeah, you are right.” I think talking to them would also help me think of a few more dresses for the queen... even though I don't want to make another.

Coco went over to the other changelings as they talked to one another. As soon as the pony went over to them, their conversation slowly died and turned their attention on her.

“Sorry,” Coco said. “I didn't mean to interrupt.”

“Not at all,” Stitch said with a smile. “Why don't you sit down and enjoy the heat. We don't normally have Fang heat up the pool very often, so consider this a lucky break for you.”

Taking the advice from the changeling, Coco slowly began to ease herself deeper into the warm water. She then quickly sat down in the water. For a brief moment, the hot water stung, but then the heat began to comfort and ease the pony's stresses. The water reached up to the lower region of her neck, giving her a comfortable sensation. Coco let out a happy sigh as she closed her eyes, listening to the roaring sound of the waterfall. Before she wanted to talk to the tailors about what should she do next. But with the warming water soothing her muscles, the only thing Coco wanted was to not be disturbed. Unfortunately, her wish was not granted.

“Hey, Coco,” Silver spoke. Coco turned to the changeling to acknowledge his calling but didn't reply. “So... what do you have planned now?”

The pony let out a sigh. “I have no idea...”

And once again, it was quiet; except for the waterfall that continued to cascade water into the swimming hole and the water that trickled through the cracks of the makeshift dam.

The four tailors at each other, almost communicating through eye contact and body gestures. They knew that Coco was in distress because of the queen's demands. After all, they do work for the Queen of Changelings. But even with four minds, Silky, Silver, Knight, or Stitch couldn't think of anything to try and help the poor mare. It was hard to come up with another concept because Queen Chrysalis was giving them no hints as to what she wanted.

Finally mustering up the courage to at least approach the pony, Stitch went up to Coco as she held her head low and had her eyes closed.

“Are you enjoying the heat? Silky asked.

“Yeah...”

Silky reached out her arm and carefully placed it on Coco's shoulder, hoping to not startle, nor upset the pony. “Just... worry about the queen's demands until tomorrow, okay? You have three days to come up with something.”

Coco opened her eyes. “Yeah, you are right.” She smiled. “I was so caught up in thinking about a new concept when I have a few days to finish my commission. I guess it is hard to remember you have breaks when you are constantly working.”

“Well, you can take a prolong break,” Silky said. “Just be sure not to forget the queen's demands.”

“You know...” Coco scratched her chin and looked at the four changelings. “You know, whenever I rebel against Queen Chrysalis, you all look so... petrified.”

“Of course,” spoke Silver being the first to respond. “Do you want to know what happens when we go against the queen's wishes?” The stallion was silent and still with fear.

“I don't want to know,” Coco said very quickly.

“Good. It's best that you don't know.”

Looking at the water, Coco saw her reflection that had a slightly creased brow. The pony was pondering, wondering what to do next. Sure she had a few days to get her task completed, but couldn't shake off what she overheard Chrysalis and Fang.

I am thinking about calling off this entire mission about going to the Grand Galloping Gala.

It's because of what she did to use one-thousand years ago, isn't it?

I will not subject myself to even seeing that wretched witch, Celestia!

So many things were left unanswered. Also, Coco wanted to know what Fang was hiding. She wants to know how he and Sea More grew to be kind to her and other ponies. Then an idea popped into Coco's mind.

“Can I ask you all a question?” the pony asked the four changelings. They all nodded. “Do you think Queen Chrysalis will harm me in any way if I go against her wishes?”

The four tailors looked at each other, then back at the pony.

“I don't know. The queen has never held a pony captive in her kingdom.”

Coco suddenly stood up. “Let's find out then.”

PreviousChapters Next