• Published 21st Jun 2014
  • 5,160 Views, 566 Comments

Two-Sided Prequel II: Who You Work For - FerociousCreation



Note: This is the FIRST installment of the Two Sided series. After working in a coffee shop for two months after leaving Suri, Coco Pommel found a job that is to make a dress "fit for a queen." Little did she know was who she was going to work for.

  • ...
21
 566
 5,160

PreviousChapters Next
The Fateful Event: Awakened

Who You Work For
Ch.32

Coco Pommel slept soundly as she lay on her old yet comfortable bed. The sky was not yet orange with the sun as it had not come up just yet. Perhaps Princess Celestia was trying to get a few more minutes in her own bed before tending to her duties.

KNOCK KNOCK!

The pony stirred as her slumber was bothered. She opened her eyes, lifted her head, and looked to the door. “Come in!” Coco called out.

The door opened upon the mare’s voice and Fang entered with a cart full of food. “I brought you a nice helping this morning,” he spoke. Looking back, the pony looked to her friend and her meal.

“Well aren't you being sweet today,” Coco giggled, observing a custard pastry. A growl came from the pony’s belly, and the sound made the two laugh. Not knowing how hungry she was, Coco quickly got out of bed toward Fang and gave herself a good stretch as she touched ground. Suddenly, her vision started to darken and her legs grew weak. Then, she was falling. But her drop was short lived when something, or rather, somechangeling caught her.

“Coco, are you alright!?” Fang exclaimed. Despite her impaired vision, Coco Pommel heard the changeling loud and clear.

“I’m fine,” she smiled. “I just got up too quickly.”

“A head rush,” Fang sighed in relief.

Slowly, Coco's vision and strength returned. And when it came to, she saw a very concerned Inferno Fang. She booped his nose with her hoof. “This isn’t the first time you caught me.”

Even though he appreciated the compliment, Fang scrunched his brows. “I thought we don’t like to mention Scar Splash and his antics…”

“I never said his name,” Coco rolled her eyes after Fang derailed her nice comment.

“Well, least you are okay,” he smiled.

“Hehe, I am.”

“Ahem!” A gruff clear of the throat interrupted the moment.

Looking back, Fang saw his queen standing at the doorway. Afraid trouble was on its way, he let go of the mare. Coco shrieked as she fell to the ground.

“What the heck Fang?” Coco grumbled as she got off the ground.

“Sorry,” he remarked. “Queen Chrysalis startled me.”

In a flash, quite literally, the large changeling teleported in front of her guard. Leaning into his face, Chrysalis asked with a mean stare, “Am I really that scary?”

“N-not at all my queen…”

Glancing over to her friend, Chrysalis asked, “Am I scary?”

Coco, unafraid of her friend’s response, said, “You can be, but you have a good heart.”

A sincere smile came from the queen. “I like an honest friend.” Looking to the dresses, Chrysalis spoke, “I am looking forward to today’s events.”

“Mmhmm,” Coco nodded. As they looked at each other, Coco remembered the promise Chrysalis made several days ago. “Can I ask you something?”

The queen read her like a book. “If it is about Princess Celestia, it will have to wait.” But the pony didn’t look like she wanted to wait. “Please. I don’t want to start my morning with her on my mind. And I don’t mean Celestia.”

Instinctively, Queen Chrysalis frowned. Despite her daughter being gone for over 1000 years, it was still hard to forget her. Coco saw her friend’s upset attitude and approached the changeling. Because of Chrysalis’ height, the pony had to reach up to her neck. Chrysalis happily took the kind, friendly gesture and lowered her head so Coco can embrace her. “Thank you Coco,” she spoke in a low tone, almost afraid some other changeling might hear her for some reason.

“Your welcome.” Parting from Chrysalis, Coco Pommel glanced between Fang and the queen. “So what are the plans for tonight.”

“Right, business,” Chrysalis commented. “Glad you want to get that situated first thing.” Coco nodded at the comment. “In a short while, you will be dressing all of the gatherers this morning, including Fang and I. Once you have finished that, Fang and I will accompany you to Canterlot.”

The pony looked a bit confused. “Why will we be leaving so early to Canterlot? Shouldn’t we be heading there in the evening?”

“The contest that is being held tonight,” Fang commented. “Do you remember?”

“Oh. Right. The contest…” It was the overall theme of this year’s gala: the princess and her shining armor. For some reason, the contest intimidated her, despite how she partook in one a few months ago. “Do you think my outfits will win? I mean, what if it’s-”

Chrysalis placed a hoof on Coco’s lips. “If you have already wowed me, the Queen of Changelings, you can wow anyone.” The pony blushed and turned away, flustered by the complement. It’s not everyday that a queen compliments a pony’s work after all.

“So,” Chrysalis continued, “when we get to Canterlot, we will go and sign up for the contest at the ballroom. I know all the details on what to do so no need to ask any questions about that. When we finish there, all of us will kill time before evening falls.”

“How will the other gatherers get to the gala?” Coco asked.

Chrysalis shook her head. “We are changelings. We have our ways. Now, eat your breakfast and no more questions. I shall obtain the gatherers.” She then looked to Fang. “I will need you to assist me in getting them.”

“Of course my queen,” Fang nodded. He turned to Coco and smiled at her. “I cannot wait to be fitted into your amazing outfit you made for me.”

“Hehe,” the mare giggled. “I can’t wait either. I will see you two in a while.” Finished with her talk with the two changelings, Coco brought her attention to her breakfast. Her stomach groaned and her mouth salivated as the food one again entered her vision.

Fang and Chrysalis made their leave in silence. As they rounded the door, then closed it, Chrysalis spoke to Fang, “I have a task for you when we get to Canterlot.”

“Of course my queen,” he answered.

“When we get to the kingdom, Coco and I will go and sign up for the contest tonight. I want you to buy Coco some flowers as a coverup.”

“A cover up? For what?”

“You are to get Coco a room at the best hotel you can find.”

“H-how come?” Fang stuttered.

Chrysalis frowned and stopped in her tracks. “Like I said before: after tonight, you will never be able to see her again. And trust me, I don’t want to part with a friend like her… But she deserves to forget about us and thrive happily.”

“But what about your promise to Coco, saying you would try and talk to Princess Celestia?” The queen could see how desperate he didn’t want to depart from Coco.

“Do you think Celestia will accept us after everything we have done?”

Fang had to think for a moment before commenting. “If she could forgive her sister, there may be a chance.”

“But Celestia and I are not related in any way.” Shaking the emotions out of her mind, Queen Chrysalis obtained her original serious attitude. “So, do not disappoint me or disobey my orders. You will do as I say.”

Fang’s head glanced downward, sad to hear how resistant his queen is. “Anything you wish for my queen.”

Author's Note:

It begins... I will try and post a chapter every day until the night is concluded. I do have over 30 pages of story already written. So get ready to read. This story is about to end... and begin a new.

PreviousChapters Next