• Published 9th Jul 2014
  • 1,880 Views, 7 Comments

Six Manipulations, Six Heroes - Matthew Stone



A new evil in Ponyville requires help from 2 new heroes from another universe! But can they win?

  • ...
41
 7
 1,880

New Ally, New Problem

The trusty group of heroes go deeper down through the cave tunnel, seeing carved totems carved on the stone pillars holding the curved ceilings up. The symbols on the pillars show shapes of dragons’ bodies and their spears.

The ground rumbles under them, having half of them shudder in nervousness. The battle outside the cave seems to be getting nasty.

“Well, I better not lose courage because of this.” Tails sighs.

“You and Spike will guide us through, right Discord?” TJ asks.

“But of course.” Discord replies.

“You guys got the hang of this too after using your new powers.” Spike encourages, “I’m sure you’ll do just…”

The dragon then pauses and gasps in such surprise, just as the rest of the gang comes to a halt with him. In front of them is a big drop to a black pit below. High separated pillars also rise as jumping points through this huge gap between the start and finishing surfaces. By each pillar also stands high statues that rise up to touch the ceiling. Their faces look thin and cartoonish, like they’re silly looking bishops. The statues also hold giant axes that can cut an adult pony in half. On each pillar also rests ten buttons on the floors.

“Can anypony fly?” Discord asks.

“TJ and I can.” Tails said, “And by the looks of it, Derpy, Mokuba, and Kaiba can too.”

“Aren’t you forgetting me?” Discord points out.

“This is serious, BIG TIME!” Mokuba observes, “I guess the ones who fly will have to help Tails and TJ.”

“That’s a smart choice.” Spike agrees.

“Okay, so how does this work?” Derpy asks, “This doesn’t look like the type of riddle giving puzzle to me.”

Doctor Whooves observes the buttons on the pillar floors carefully. He then looks at the statues and the positions they hold their giant weapons. Their poses were all different.

“I met this Daring Do lady once.” Doctor Whooves said, “She told me about this sort of pattern decoder that’s similar to this sort of thing. The movements that go with the statue’s poses also sense the reflexes on a pony’s facial expressions. They allow them to crack their hints with following their poses, but from what I’m guessing… they won’t let you finish unless you get rid of your fear.”

Tails and TJ then look hard at their obstacle course, breathing heavily.

“Well, it can’t be that hard.” Tails thinks.

“I think the seals up their will release something to make a surface from the pit after we come through.” TJ said when pointing up to the ceiling doors, “We’ll all cross together then.”

“All right, who shall give the head…” Discord starts to ask.

Derpy then jumps in before he can finish the question. She playfully jumps through the pillars while flapping her wings. She doesn’t even notice the spiritual attacks from the statues, yet she dodges the attacks by great coincidence. This gives Tails and TJ a chance to jump from pillar to pillar while Derpy distracts the statues.

Tails makes it to the first standing pillar. He can try doing the movements that Derpy is making to preoccupy the statues. He moves his feet in twisty patterns, having one statue come to a halt. He sweats, having the pillar rumble because of his slight emotion. However the two tailed fox keeps it together when he jumps to the next pillar.

“I think the pillars should be cracked twice by both heroes who go through the same test.” Doctor Whooves prepares TJ.

“Right.” TJ said.

TJ then jumps to the next pillar, while Discord and Mokuba take their turn to occupy the next statues. Derpy also lands on Discord’s back, exhausted and planning to take a rest on him. TJ does newer patterns made by the filly prince and lord of chaos. With that, the first pillar was officially done, having the statue completely frozen. It even sighs one word.

“Teamwork.” it breathes out.

There are three pillars altogether from what the foxes are solving. They now have two left to go. When Tails completes the second pillar, the second statue nearly freezes though it still swings it’s axe. The third statue is completely moving, and near to attacking Discord, Derpy, and Mokuba. Kaiba then flies in to protect them from the third statue, flying around it again and again, attempting to make it dizzy. This gives TJ the chance to copy the movements Kaiba does, with the repetition of the same buttons he presses on. When he’s done, the second statue freezes completely and breathes out the word.

“Patience.” it breathes slowly.

Tails has been working on the third pillar now. He’s been making great effort. Then… HE SLIPS. With such shock that came to him, the statue notices the foxes fear of failing. It raises it axe to take him down, but then TJ grabs Tails to pull him back, and carry him into the air as he flies. The foxes then look at the two ponies and changeling, giving a grim look like they’re prepared to accept failure. Then, Discord notices that the statue abruptly freezes. It makes it last breath.

“Sacrifice.” it sighs.

The foxes don’t realize, but the act of sacrificing to save someone or give something up just to try again, are true acts of courage. Just then, the doors on the ceiling open up, and tons of sand slowly fall into the pillar. The foxes dash back to the other side, having Discord, Mokuba, Derpy, and Kaiba follow them for safety. In a split minute, the sand completely fills the dark hole of the pit, until it makes a square mound floor to have all the characters walk through safely together.

“What about that?” Tails giggles, “We showed our inner courage that we still have.”

He then give his cousin TJ a fist bump, along with Derpy and Mokuba.

“That was AWESOME!” Spike compliments to Tails and TJ.

“Yeah, but we’re not done yet.” Leo informs, “We must keep moving, time is not slowing down for us.”

The gang then runs through the sandy mound together, passing by the dusty statues. Doctor Whooves looks at Leo. Leo simply looks at him back, and nods as he agrees to be his partner on the next cavern test. The test that Whooves and Leo must face together, on WISDOM.



The usual battle outside the cave is still continuous. Darkness kept fighting Flutterbrute, and was very close to winning. After making stronger beatings on her, he prepares to make his final punch. But Flutterbrute smirks as the fight nearly comes to a close.

“Oh, you wouldn’t hurt dear old Fluttershy, would you?” she said in fake innocence.

Darkness stops his hitting then, thinking…

Queen Volucris notices this with delights. She raises her hoof into the air.

“NOW!” Volucris screams.

From behind, a changeling grabs Darkness from behind and tackles him to the ground.

“WHAT?” Darkness shouts.

The Flutterbrute smiles.

“Time to be one of us, Darkness!”

Then Flutterbrute uses her green magic, as it hits Darkness’ head. He tries to fight off the changeling, but it did no good.

“NO! NO! NO!” Darkness protests.

In his mind, he then knows his fate is sealed.

“Discord, when you and your friends come out…” Darkness (a.k.a Skull) thought, “You’re going to fight me. Good… luck…”

Then, Skull’s eyes become green.

“Let’s keep your name as Darkness.” Flutterbrute rattles, “Because you’ll join us now.”

“Yes, I will join you Flutterbrute, my sweetheart…” Darkness chuckles.

As Skull is now an evil Darkness, the dark magic covers him, and changes him into a new villainous appearance. He now wears black armor and steel hoof shoes. His eyes are now dragon slit, and his helmet is similar to Nightmare Moon’s. He looks back at Flutterbrute, and smiles wickedly.

“Let’s add ‘NIGHTMARE’ in front of your name, Darkness.” Flutterbrute smiles, “Now you’ll spread nightmares to create dark powers that will destroy anypony in your way.”

“Yes my love.” Nightmare Darkness agrees, “Let’s go help our team destroy these idiots.”

“Good one love! HAHAHAHA!” Flutterbrute laughs.

Blade looks at horror to the brainwashing control that takes over Skull. He then looks back at Volucris who’s still fighting him. As he dodges her sword strikes with his own weapon, she grins in such sadism. This enrages Blade.

“THAT’S IT! TIME TO FEEL PAIN, QUEEN VOLUCRIS!” Blade screams.

Then, Blade’s aura on his left front hoof glows red, as he prepares his attack. Volucris wasn’t scared, until…

“VAMPIRE BLAST!” Blade shrieks.

He then sends his attack with a fiery ball toward the changeling queen. Volucris is impressed, but nonchalant when she blocks the attack with her sword.

“Is that the best you can do?” she chuckles.

Meanwhile, Fearburn is resuming a fight he started with Little Strongheart. The angry buffalo girl dodges every punch he throws, refusing to fight back.

“I won’t hurt you…” she breathes weakly, “You’re my friend. I just can’t…”

Fearburn then smirks.

“Well love, let me show you what happens when wimps refuse to fight me.” he snaps.

Then Fearburn prepares to trap Little Strongheart with the same spell Big Mac is trapped inside. With a split second, a dark magic ball covers hear, sending her into a hellish fear of her being surrounded by her dead friends, including Braeburn.

“WHA… NO! NO!” Little Strongheart cries.

Little Strongheart then notices Big Mac is there with her too, still being abused by the demons disguised as his friends. Both of them are imprisoned in the damned orb of nightmares. Fearburn then looks deep inside the orb Big Mac and Little Strongheart are trapped in, holding it close to his snickering face.

“This can all go away unless you join us.” he whispers.

Meanwhile, Appleplant uses her plant like magic powers to grab the Flim Flam Brothers’ guns. They tried to hang onto their machines to keep fighting, but Appleplant has such strength to yank the inventions out of their hooves and throw it to the cave wall. The machines smash and break into pieces.

“Hey!” they protested.

But they couldn’t finish the moment Appleplant charges at them and punches them real hard while pinning them to the ground.

“HAHAHAHAHA! See, your machine is no match against me! Now it’s time to die!” Appleplant declares.

Queen Volucris then takes a break from her fight with Blade, and has her magic trap him in a freezing bondage pose. She then comes over to Appleplant, and places a hoof on her shoulder.

“Don’t kill them. Their minds are useful since they build gadgets. I need them.” Volucris ordered.

“Right your majesty.” Appleplant sighed reluctantly.

Flim and Flam try to struggle free from Appleplant’s grip, but they won’t get loose.

“Guess what? My queen needs your minds. So it’s time for you two to join us.” Appleplant said.

Them, she uses her magic to brainwash Flim and Flam. Their eyes start to glow green during the process.

“We’re in your power now, Appleplant.” they hum.

“Good. Now we need something to capture every last hero in the resistance so we can win.” Appleplant requests.

“Yes master.” the brothers groan.

“Changelings, guard the brothers so they can do their work in peace!” Appleplant ordered to the changeling soldiers.

The changelings nod, and with the most efforts as possible, they gather and hand the materials Flim and Flam need to start building their machine with their enslaved minds.

Up in the sky, Fireburn continues his fight with the Wonderbolts. While Rainbow Briar continues her fight with Splitfire, Fireburn pulls out a secret spear and stabs Soarin, sending his body hard into the ground as he flies down with him by such force.

“SOARIN!” Splitfire screams in alarm.

“Word of advice, look out for YOURSELF!” Rainbow Briar growls.

Then Rainbow Briar tackles Splitfire as she sends her to the ground too. The third Wonderbolt companion is nowhere to be seen, which scares Splitfire. Both her and Soarin are now pinned to the ground by both manipulated pegasi, having them being look up their sneering faces.

“Now, Splitfire and Soarin, what to do with you two?” Rainbow Briar hums.

“Why don’t we turn them into the SHADOWBOLTS?” Fireburn suggests, “Then they’ll be at your command, my love.”

“You know what my love? That is an excellent idea.” Rainbow Briar praises.

She then turns back to Splitfire.

“Time to join the Shadowbolts!” the cyan pegasi yells.

Then, with her magic, Rainbow Briar creates clones of her personal Shadowbolt soldiers. They then rush to the sky, attacking the other Wonderbolt recruits. Then, Rainbow Briar uses her dark magic again to manipulate Splitfire and Soarin. Their eyes then start to glow green.

“We will join you.” the two defeated Wonderbolts finally said.

Now, they are Shadowbolts, with dragon slits appearing in their eyes.

At the moment, Fearburn keeps looking at the dark ball, speaking to Big Mac and Little Strongheart that are still imprisoned inside it.

“So what do you guys say? Live with the nightmares, or join us?” Fearburn threatens.

Big Mac and Little Strongheart slowly appear magically back in the outside world, with their eyes being forced to glow green. The wrenching feeling of having the black magic smashed into their minds is completely excruciating. The fear powers inside this ball prison had done the trick. Now the pony and buffalo are close to being under such evil hypnotism.

“I will join you.” Big Mac sighs.

“So will I.” Little Strongheart breathes.

“Good.” Fearburn grins.

Then the darkness covers the two new victims once the spell is complete. Big Mac wears dark armor with a cape that has a pony skull on it. He even wears a dark hat, and his eyes become slit and dragon like. Little Strongheart than comes out of the darkness as she wears dark Indian armor, with a dark feather sticking through her hair. Her eyes are dragon slit, and she now carries a dark arrow and a set of dark bows on her back.

“These weapons you have will bring dark magic onto anypony that gets hit with these arrows.” Fearburn explains to Strongheart, “By the way, it’s time we gave you new names. How about, Hide Mac and Tough Brave?”

“Right” Big Mac agrees. He is now Hide Mac.

“Ditto.” Strongheart nods. She is now Tough Brave.

Appleplant and Apple Vine see the achievement that Fearburn has done.

“Welcome to our team, my dear brother and cousin-in-law.” Appleplant said to Hide Mac and Tough Brave.

“Yeah, welcome.” Apple Vine laughs.