• Published 9th Jul 2014
  • 1,872 Views, 7 Comments

Six Manipulations, Six Heroes - Matthew Stone



A new evil in Ponyville requires help from 2 new heroes from another universe! But can they win?

  • ...
41
 7
 1,872

The Hidden Sanctuary!! Equestria's Last Hope

The Everfree Forest quite natural, and not invaded by the least by those black weeds. Leo leads the gang through the dark green trees, as he shines the way with his candle lantern. Discord stays behind the Cutie Mark Crusaders to make sure they don’t get lost, while Ian carries Tails and TJ’s gear.

“I can get used to a hike like this.” Tails admits

“It’s awfully gloomy in there though.” TJ says.

“Creatures with such ways of catching prey also lurk in these woods.” Leo cautioned, “So we must stay on each other’s backs at all times.”

The gang nods. Discord himself is starting to twirl his head, scanning for anything suspicious that might possibly watch them.

“Doesn’t the Crystal Empire have a heart emerald to protect the kingdom?” Ian wonders, “Or could the weeds acted fast to take it before it surrounded the castle themselves?”

“I think that’s something Cadence might explain to us.” Scootaloo said.

“I just want to learn how to kill these weeds to I can get my sister back!” Sweetie Belle huffs.

“Yeah, but those evil plants have quick reflexes.” Apple Bloom considers.

Just then, something rustles in the forest ground. Discord and Ian turn to see odd root patterns form through the soil, like veins forming in a bloodroot. Mysterious slime begins to drip from the leaves as well. Leo observes these small pieces of possible danger.

“Something seems wrong…” Leo mutters.

CRACK! SNAP!

The ground shakes as if there’s an earthquake, but it’s not. Something emerges from the ground right in front of Leo, Discord, Ian, the foxes, and fillies. Discord’s ears back down when he sees the beast’s appearance. It’s a sort of plant monsters with bloody eyes that has the head of a Venus Flytrap. It’s colored completely green, and looks really close to being already painted because of the curved patterns on the skin. Now, its hungry sharp teeth grow as it looks down at the gang, preparing to strike a group prey. Finally, it lets out a screaming roar as its roots rip out of the ground, ready to strike.

“EVERYONE RUN!” Discord yells, raising his talon when preparing to fight.

“We’re fighting with you too!” Apple Blooms yells out, with Sweetie Belle and Scootaloo standing beside her.

“NO! You’re not!” Discord protests, “You’ll easily get killed…”

Discord knew really well to protect the fillies, which that decision was far too late to make. In a flash, the plant monster’s roots create a wall that traps him with the fillies, separating them from the foxes, Ian, and Leo. TJ and Tails also discover that little rose-headed monsters are also heading toward them with bladed pedals. Ian and Leo then set their poses, ready to fight.

Meanwhile, on the other side of the wall, Discord reluctantly allows the Cutie Mark Crusaders to fight alongside with him. The demons being created for attacking them are formed into shapes that look similar to a nutcracker. Their faces look quite evil too, because of the sharp fanged teeth.

The demons charge toward Discord, and the lord of chaos starts his move by using his spark balls to incinerate the evil creatures. More deformed nutcracker demons are being recreated, like being reanimated. The process was quite infinite. That didn’t make the fillies give up however. With their hyperactive movements, they distract the deformed demons by moving one place to another, by random. It was to confuse them while Discord turns each monster into a legume nut one by one, and then has them crushed.

“Snack time is over.” Discord muses.

However, his confidence doesn’t last very long. A sudden strike then throbs on the back of his neck. He turns to see a bigger deformed nutcracker with blood drooling out of its mouth. It’s also carrying a giant wooden spear, which it strikes down real fast towards Discord. He luckily jumped back, missing the attack. Sweetie Belle than comes in to help, by using the self-defense magic that Rarity taught her a while back. Back then, Rarity was very sure she needed in case of teaching Diamond Tiara a lesson. Whoever knew that this magic would come at an emergency at the right time.

Sweetie Belle then makes a blue sparkly circle around the monsters leg, and has it trip flat to the ground, attempting to break its stamina. Apple Bloom then does a buck kick by the monsters hand, having it let go of the spear. Scootaloo then stands by Discord and nods that she’s ready to do a collaborating move with him. He smiles, and snaps his fingers to turn her into a muscular filly. With that, Scootaloo rushes toward the monster, and punches it straight to the face. This sends the demon crashing into the wall, breaking the barrier down, along with breaking into wooden pieces itself. The giant Venus Flytrap boss snarls in displeasure when noticing this.

Discord and the fillies then reunite with the other members of their gang, ready to fight as a team. Tails has continued to repeat his ray gun movements, just from the moment Discord and the fillies have previously fought those nutcracker monsters. The two tailed fox went crazy with his gun styles ever since.

TJ used his other weapon, the wrench, to chop through the rose-headed demons. The pressure of the wrench also rips of the head of the demons, making white juice come of the stemmed necks. Ian growls, and uses his clawed paws to rip through the bodies of the evil minions of the Flytrap monster, also biting through their necks. He gets cut often, but only scraped, just by the attacking blades coming from the rose demons’ pedals. Leo uses his hiking staff to twirl it over his head, knocking the demons hard and sending them straight to the ground.

All of the little villains are almost defeated, but the Flytrap giant doesn’t give up. Having it’s own roots rip from the ground, it uses them to grab Discord, Sweetie Belle, Apple Bloom, and Scootaloo by their necks. The roots wrap around them tightly, and even has them split in half, to go into binding their hands behind their backs.

Discord whimpers in fear, as do the fillies. This also catches Tails attention, having his sudden movement make Ian, TJ, and Leo stop.

“Surrender….” the giant plant monster silently croaks.

“You work for Volucris, DON’T YOU?” Tails asks.

“Anyone defies her, I defy them…” the plant monster growls.

“I take that as a yes…” Tails groans.

The roots from the plant monster than grabs Tail’s ray gun, TJ’s wrench, and Leo’s staff. The roots squeezes the weapons until the break, and magically turn into ash.

The monster then send his small Flytrap weed heads from the ground to surround the foxes, Ian, and Leo. Discord sobs in horror when he looks at them, and the fillies being close to defat, that all is lost, and that they failed their journey.

The monster grins in pleasure, ready to gang in a terrifying massacre. Then…

BLAST!

A big white blast smashes into the Flytrap monster’s head, having the heavy giant bastard fall back, also releasing Discord and the fillies when that happens. The small Flytrap demons turn, to see a brave Shining Armor stepping forward with his guards by his side.

Tails and TJ look in amazement, as they see Shining Armor and his seven guards jump into action. Shining Armor uses his sword to slash through the weeds, and vines of the small Flytrap monsters. The guards then stand by Ian and Leo to protect them, while firing arrows from their crossbows to take out the giant boss monster.

The Flytrap giant isn’t done yet however. It manages to fight back, and have its giant weed from its neck root strike and push the guards hard into a short distance. Shining Armor than has his blats from his horn rip off the root coming the base of the demon’s neck. The giant plant demon screams, and has another root grow from the ground to grab Shining Armor by the torso. It then raises him into the air to meet with it’s head, ready to eat him alive.

Discord than staggers weakly, and magically turns his tail into a swinging axe. Just as the giant Flytrap monster is focusing on finishing off Shining Armor, the lord of chaos gives his tail a swift chop through the main living root that gives the demon life. That root is mainly connected to the ground like a wicked tree.

The demon then stops its movements in an instant, letting go of Shining Armor and dropping him to the ground. The giant plant than shrinks, and falls real slowly and loudly to the ground. The colors on it begin to change into the most eerie and disgusting tone as possible, while it begins to shrivel up and rot through the leaves on the ground. The assisting demon plants of the monster poof into dust as well.

The gang pants loudly in exhaustion, just as they find the guards to help them out. Discord then approaches Shining Armor and helps him up.

“Thank you so much!” Discord says in pride.

“Um, you’re welcome.” giving a weirded out tone, despite Discord being happy to see him.

“How did you know…” Discord tried to ask.

“We didn’t. Though you were lucky we discovered you.” Shining Armor replies, looking at Discord and the fillies standing “I’m having myself and my guards search the forest to make sure nothing even thinks of coming close to invading our emergency base. We had several of demons working for Volucris who tried demolishing it, and we had to make sure ahead of time.”

“Sort of like a background check for safety?” Apple Bloom asks.

“Exactly.” Shining Armor responds.

He looks at Discord and the Cutie Mark Crusaders in curiosity. Then he turns to see Ian and Leo helping up the guards. He even looks at the two foxes, very interested in who they are and where they come from. Tails recognizes Shining Armor quickly too. Twilight’s brother.

“What were you guys doing in the Everfree Forest anyway?” Shining Armor asks.

“To look for you and Princess Cadence actually.” Scootaloo admits, “I remembered the details she told me about that are we’re supposed to hide in, and we were going through these woods to get there.”

Shining Armor nods.

“I’m glad you remembered to advise everyone, and do exactly what Cadence informed you to do.” He says to Scootaloo.

“So what now?” Ian asks.

“You better follow us to the Hidden Cove.” Shining Armor said, “My guards and I will guide you through the forest until we get there. It will take ten miles.”

Discord nods in agreement.

“Okay, we must go west.” Shining Armor instructed, “And we must be fast, whatever lies in these woods would attack again at any rate.”

The whole group begins their walk out of the forest, staying in a certain line. Tails then comes towards Shining Armor, trying to think of a way to inform hi about his sister. The fox opens his mouth, but Shinning Armor reasonably interrupts, looking at Tails sadly.

“I know.” he said, “I didn’t want this to happen to Twilight. Ever. But…”

Shining Armor lets out a tear from his left eye.

“We will snap Twilight and her friends out of it.” Tails reassures.

“I really hope so.” Shinning Armor sighs.



It was three hours of their journey, and half of that hour involved being out of the Everfree forest. There also have been a couple of break points in the event that they need to eat or rest for a tad bit. Now they have been hiking through the mountains that are completely made of random marble shapes, and still are resuming their walk. They are nearly there now, and the guards had informed the gang that they now have a half hour to make it to the Hidden Cove.

Shining Armor can see a grand view of Ponyville to Canterlot at the distance, when standing at the base of a cliff. It’s shocking to see these buildings almost go to ruins because of the weeds, and so likely hellish clouds. Pain strikes his heart for the fear he has about fate. It’s unknown when it’s destined, it can’t be changed. That’s what unfair to him, something unwanted to happen because it involves the ones he loves. This makes him clutch onto his sword real tightly for a minute too.

Discord also looks by Shining Armor, but also looks at the fillies. He wonders if maybe they can become fighters, even though they’re young. At this time, it may be appropriate if they want to protect their friends, and save their sisters. Apple Bloom then looks at the pathway that leaves the mountain, going through its base and straight to a meadow field. That’s when Scootaloo and Sweetie Belle come by her, noticing something out of the ordinary.

A circle wall and magic shield is surrounding the area, and it appears to be a military base for soldier ponies. The fillies worried that it may be the changelings, but Shining Armor comes by them and reassures them that it’s his crew from the Crystal Empire. Leo notices himself, because of he crystal emblems they have on their armor suits. The group then walks down out of the mountain, and pass slowly by the camp. That means they’re getting close to the Hidden Cove.

“We have army bases set up on each perimeter that’s close to our safety camp.” Shining Armor explained, “Our captains are preparing extra volunteers and drafted ponies to fight those changelings and demons at each extra base.”

They look at the open entrance with no gate that shows the training going around. Shining Armor then notices something in surprise along with Scootaloo.

Cadence is wearing her battle armor, and is training the other war ponies to fight with their gear and weapons, along with learning defense moves. Cadence then notices Shining Armor with his guards, guiding the rest of the gang. She also curious to see the two new foxes, wondering where they came from. Tails also knew Cadence through his previous research. Twilight’s closest friend.

Cadence than informs her men to keep training and that she’ll be right back. The magic shield is released for a minute to let her out, so see can reunite with Shining Armor, and see her friends. She comes to them face to face.

“Cadence, what are you doing here?” Shining Armor asks in curiosity.

“Everyone at the Hidden Cove is being protected by Zecora and her magic, including my guards.” Cadence said, “So I though I try to get the ponies some extra preparation here. I think I need to train myself, while I train them, in case of battle.”

“But Cadence…” Shining Armor said, being worried.

“Everypony needs to fight.” Cadence said reassuringly and reasonably to Shining Armor. She even put her hoof gently on his shoulder. “That’s why I have to be involved. We need to do anything possible to save everpony faster.”

Shining Armor sighs.

“You’re right. I’m glad you’re doing this too” He compliments.

“Princess Cadence!” Scootaloo shouts in relief, as she rushes up to hug her. Cadence also hugs her back.

“It’s good to see you too.” Cadence said softly.

“Is it fine if we introduce ourselves?” Tails asked Cadence.

Cadence looks up at the foxes and nods, smiling.

“I’m Tails.” the two tailed fox introduced, “And THIS is TJ.”

He points at his cousin when he introduces him. They also shake Cadences hoof, along with Shining Armor’s.

“Sorry we didn’t properly introduce ourselves to you before.” Tails said to Shining Armor.

“That’s no problem Tails, we’re in a tad bit of a hurry anyway.” Shining Armor said.

“We were just on our way to seek information and skills at the Hidden Cove.” Ian sums up to Cadence.

“Then I’ll guide the rest of the way.” Cadence offered.

She then calls out to the other guards on the circular wall to train the pother ponies until she comes back. After that, she signals the rest of the gang to follow her to the cave.



The Hidden Cove was well guarded by at least thirty guards on each sector. There is also a big moat surrounding the cave, and the only way to enter is with the mystical drawbridge that can only be accessed by Princess Cadence’s words, as Zecora had designed it. The gang is already inside the cave, after the thirty-minute hike across the plains.

The guards, having the domes curved and naturally carved, have redesigned the inside of the cave. Some rooms have been used for storing stocks of wheat, fruit, and water. The medics, and doctors are treating victimized ponies from the disasters going on.

Other fillies are playing with each other, some reunite with their families after they got separated from them. Discord, Apple Bloom, Scootaloo, and Sweetie Belle walk with Princess Cadence through their surroundings, getting to know more of this place.

“We are almost lucky enough to find the ponies that aren’t captured by Volucris’ army.” Cadence summarizes, “We’re trying to form rescue plans, especially in my kingdom. Yet, we’ve been noticing how observing those things are. Having the guards try to force themselves inside will only risk their lives. Death… might also be possible.”

Discord shudders. He can understand how complicated these plannings are.

“Not to sound impatient…” Discord thinks out loud, “But we also came because we hope there’s a spell than can break that brainwashing curse on Twilight, Pinkie, Rainbow, Fluttershy, Rarity, and Applejack. Do you think… we’ll still get those scrolls… from that kingdom to find them?”

Cadence shakes, but yet is thoughtful about that question.

“It’s possible.” she answers, “But we still need to think logically about that plan first.”

The five of them then go into a round room, where Shining Armor is hanging out with the foxes, diamond dog, and gnome.

“They’ve told me everything else they observed.” Shining Armor said to Cadence.

“Discord was also wondering when we’ll fight back.” Cadence informs.

“I wasn’t tattling, just so everyone knows. I...” Discord reassured nervously, “I was just making sure if we can find the scrolls…”

“But even if we did…” Shining Armor said in concern, “Volucris would take one step ahead already to destroy these papers.”

“But suppose she didn’t” Ian said, hoping someone can see the possibility.

“One can never know. She’s unpredictable. She can do anything!” Shining Armor said.

“How was she even released?” Leo asked in anxiety.

“I DON’T KNOW! SHE MIGHT HAVE FORCED HERSELF!” Discord shouts in frustration, “She always talked about ‘force’ so… It’s…”

“We got to leave to the Crystal Empire NOW!” Tails insisted.

“But we don’t know what to expect. We can’t take any risks!” Shining Armor insisted back.

“But WE ARE ready to FIGHT!” Scootaloo declares.

Shining Armor takes a deep breath. He can understand their determination, but…

“No, you’re not.” Shining Armor calmly said, “Volucris has strong power than anypony knows it. Stronger than yours Discord, stronger than Tirek’s, stronger than Chrysalis’, stronger then… Celestia’s….”

The others remain silent as he speaks.

“Even if anypony chooses to fight, there’s the known fact that such an ill mind can’t be unbroken, and also not fragile enough to break such power once that being builds it up. If we were to fight back, we must be prepared. Right now, none of us are. That’s why we need to think. We must know the exact place to start before we go the Crystal Empire, and see if there’s a safe connection to get us there.”

“Then were else can we start?” TJ asks.

“There has been rumors…” Shining Armor continues, “That there is a catacomb tunnel, that leads straight to the dungeons of the empire. It’s locked however. Yet that locked entrance is one that can take us through the hallways of the castle. For all I know, Volucris might use her magic to turn it into a maze. But once one is in the hallway path, the room can still be found.”

“Maybe it’s not a story!” Apple Bloom said in hope, “Maybe there IS a passageway.”

“But no one knows for sure if it exists.” Shining Armor says.

“I THINK IT EXISTS!” Discord yells out, sounding stubborn.

“How DO you know?” Shining Armor asks in annoyance.

“I just do.” Discord sighs, “Look everypony’s life is at stake. I use my chaos for fun, but also to do great good! That great good now, is to save my friends, even Fluttershy…”

Shining Armor stands still, thinking.

“You own sister is at the brink of peril too.” Discord reminds him, “If we don’t do something, we may loose her.”

“We HAVE to save her.” Tails adds, “I care for her too.”

“We all care for her, and our sisters.” Apple Bloom says, while standing next to Scootaloo and Sweetie Belle.

“Can’t we just train to be ready, and then use our magic to find the passageway?” Ian suggests.

“It… It may be our only hope…” Cadence considers, now agreeing with the others.

Shining Armor knew they were right. He was reluctant, but…

“Get some rest for tonight.” Shining Armor said to the group, “Tomorrow Cadence and I will show you new moves that can help you fight those plant bastards, maybe even Volucris.”

The group feels relieved that the decision is made, and nods in excitement. Discord even hugs Shining Armor.

“I knew you won’t let us down!” Discord cheers.

“Ugh. You’re squeezing me.” Shining Armor giggle.

Cadence sighs in happiness that all of them are joining together to save Twilight and her friends. Tails and TJ are also impressed that they’re joining forces with Discord, Apple Bloom, Sweetie Belle, Scootaloo, Ian, and Leo. They all together knew too, that they may be the only, yet unexpected hope to save Celestia, Luna, and all of Equestria...

Author's Note:

Hey, it's me, TJ! The way things stand, we really just might be this planet's last hope for survival! GAH!! MY ARM!!
Tails: I'll take it from here!! KA-ME-HA-ME-HA!!
TJ: Next time on 'MLP-Anime is Magic', "A Mighty Blast of Rage!! The Kamehameha Wave"!
Let's hope it's strong!!