• Published 15th Jun 2014
  • 7,859 Views, 562 Comments

Celestiphilia - Dr Atlas



(A sequel to Celestiphobia.) Carl wants Stan to partake in the tradition of getting drunk to celebrate the success of the treaty. He then realizes what a horrible mistake that was.

  • ...
43
 562
 7,859

Just one more sip.

“CHUG! CHUG! CHUG! CHUG!”

Stan had never tasted anything like this, it was one of the most amazing experience he ever had, and the crowd of ponies in the background cheering him to finish the two bottles of beer at the same time only boosted his ego.

*SMASH*

“YYEEEAAAHHH!” Stan yelled at the top of his lungs as he smashed the now empty bottles on the floor. The whole crowed cheered as he landing on his stool.

Carl just stared in amazement while the DJ’s chuckled. “Okay Stan.” Shift said. “I think you’re ready-”

"To play." Lift finished.

“No he ain’t” Mike said. “Him, and the rest of you are leaving.”

The crowd died down their cheering and Stan spun in his chair. “Oh, come on Mikey, just a couple *hick* more drinks.”

“No!” Carl spun Stan around so he could face him. “Stan, listen, you don’t have to take part in this.”

“Oh, you’re just bein’ a downer Carl.” Stan looked away from him and back at Mike. “Now lets play dem games Mike.” Stan belched again and snickered at him.

Mike glared at him, this changeling had too many drinks for him to handle, and he was making this place look like it it accepted changelings. I am not gonna turn this bar into that stupid cafe. He thought.

No, he knew just how he would make it so no changeling would ever come in here again. “Under one condition.” Mike said with a sly smile.

“What? You want me to do it upside down?” Stan asked.

“No. We do it under a bet.”

“A butt? Why under a butt?” Stan asked with a grin.

Mike heard snickers. “No, a bet.”

“A boat?” It was getting harder for Stan to hold in his laughter. “I don’t think we ha- *hick* have a coat.” Stan laughed and fell of his stool. Making others in the bar start laughing as well

“No! We do it under-”

“A loaf with toast.” Stan laughed and spun around a bit before getting on his stance.

Mike growled and grabbed the changeling. “NO! I bet that I can beat you in three drunk games.”

Gasps were heard in the crowd of ponies, Stan just rolled his eyes while Shift and Lift came in between them. “Okay,” Shift said. “What happens-”

“If we win?” Lift finished.

Mike let go of Stan, making him tumble into Carl. “The bet is that if I win, you and your kind will actually read that plaque and obey it, and if you win, your drinks for the night are free.”

Shift and Lift looked at each other, then a wicked smile came across their faces, followed by a fit of laughter. “How about this bartender, if we win-”

“Me and Shift here” Lift said. “play some better music than this stuff playing on the radio."

“And if you win-”

“Our boys here will work for ya.”

“What!?” Carl dropped Stan and ran towards them. “N-now let’s not be hasty guys, I’m sure the whole ‘obey the plaque rule’ is a very nice-”

“Hmmm.” Mike rubbed his chin and smiled. “Sounds fair, alright.” He extended his hoof in front of Carl’s face, which was then grabbed by Shift and Lift.

Carl’s jaw dropped. “B-but, but, but.”

Stan ran to the side of Carl and yelled, “WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOH. LETS DO ET! I can take on anything that pony is laying down on the table, cause when it’s on the table, it’s easier to take than if it was glued on there, cause if it was glued on there then it would be harder, like my-”

Carl shoved a hoof in his mouth and looked around nervously. “Uh, can you give us a sec.” He dragged Stan away from the group and looked at him in worry. After that first drink, Stan had way more than he ever saw anyone have, granted, Carl and only been at the bar a few times, but when you drink about thirty-five mugs and twenty bottles, Carl knew you would be hammered by now. “Stan, listen, you are way too drunk to handle these things, if you even attempt to do them, you’ll just fall flat on your face.”

“Nah man.” Stan said with a slur. “I can tots mick scrots handle these things under...under any condition that I have ever had on me,” He turned around and faced the group of ponies. “Because I’m a hero!” He stumbled back to where he was before and wrapped an arm around Mike. “So, what's this play of do that you want me to game?”

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

“I don’t understand. Why would you want to pong beer? And how do you pong anyway?”

Carl lifted a paddle in front of Stan. “You just hit the ball with this, and aim for the mugs on the other side of the table.” He lightly patted Stan’s head with it. “It’s not that hard.”

Stan snatched the paddle out of his magical grip with his own and growled. “Sayin’ it is probably easier than doing it!” Stan was starting to wobble the paddle with his magic, he was trying to hold it still, but it was hard to keep track of what ones he was holding. “and this game is racist anyway.”

Mike shook his head. He hated how this was happening, not just because this changeling knew how to handle his beer, but how he had absolutely no knowledge of pony culture “How is it racist?” He asked.

“Well, for one thing, those with magic can totally win, they can even control the ball if they wanted,”

Carl looked at some of the patricians in the bar who were raising an eyebrow at Stan, most of them being unicorns. “Uh...Stan,” he whispered. “I don’t think you understand how these ponies-”

“And why haven’t you guys fought each other yet?” Stan looked at the unicorns in the room. “You guys can totally rule over the others. You have magic for-”

Carl wrapped an arm around him and whispered. “Stan, they have, and they made peace, we should be doing the same instead of causing another one.”

Stan pushed him off in disgust. “And how do you know they had a war between each other?”

“I read books.” Carl said with a smile.

“Ah hu…” Stan said. “books are just for the nerds of the place of time, so how about you take your libs and berries and go eat them at a pond.” Stan looked forward while Carl tried to understand that thought.

Carl just ignored him and looked back at Mike on the other side of the ping pong table. “Ready?”

“Only if the hero is ready.” Mike said, smiling at Stan.

Stan just shook his head and held the paddle in front of his face. “You sure about this, you can quit now Mr. Pony who’s gonna lose.”

Mike smiled. “Yes, I am sure.”

Carl started fidgeting. “B-but you’re not drunk Mikey, you can’t play unless you-”

Mike pointed his paddle at him. “The bet was to either win or lose, not who was drunk or not.”

“Well I totally beat you in that apartment.” Stan said, still trying to get a grip on the paddle. “Ey Carl, and you lend me another one, mine won’t stay still.”

Carl face-hoofed and took hold of the paddle. “Listen Stan, you need to win this, because I do not want to wash counters for a living. You do know how to play right?”

“Of course I do.” Stan rubbed his friends head and smiled. “I just need to hit this ball into my mug.”

“No Stan, his mug. On the other side of the table.”

Stan frowned. “But I don’t get a drink if I do that.”

“That's the point!” Carl yelled. “You make him-”

Shift grabbed Carl and pulled him away. “Come on now Carl I’m sure-”

“That friend of yours can totally win.” Lift finished while sitting on the opposite side of Carl.

Carl could only look at Stan, he could barely stand upright and his eyes were on the verge of closing, and his paddle wouldn’t stop shaking. Carl pulled his ears down and in frustration. “Just hit the ball Stan!”

Stan waved a paddle in front of his friend. “Don’t worry Carl, cause I know what I’ll do.” He took the ball and threw it in the air. “I’m gonna drunk till I’m drink!” He slammed the ball into a nearby glass that wasn’t on the table, shattering it into pieces.

The room went silent, Carl dropped his jaw, Shift adjusted his hat so see if he saw that right, and Mike just snickered. “Looks like that’s one to nothing.” Mike said. “My serve.”