• Published 11th Jun 2014
  • 9,216 Views, 96 Comments

Justice Ponies - Wildcard25



The Justice League have fought countless creatures from other planets and dimensions. But are they prepared to fight in a world of magic and ponies?

  • ...
14
 96
 9,216

An Invasion

One morning at the Crystal Empire, the Mane Six, Spike, and the Justice League got off the train and passed through the archway entering said Empire.

As they walked through the town, Flash looked around in amaze, "Wow, no wonder it's called the Crystal Empire."

"It's beautiful." Diana said in awe.

Lantern looked at Twilight, "So your brother and fellow Princess rule this whole kingdom?"

"That's right. When the Crystal Empire returned after a thousand years of being vanished into thin air, they took over the Empire to lead the Crystal Ponies." The Princess of Friendship explained.

The girls and Spike brought the League to the castle, where Superman noticed a rotating crystallized heart, "What's that?"

"That's the Crystal Heart," Twilight explained, "It's what protects the Crystal Empire from any and all outside threats."

"It's fueled by the love and will of all the Crystal Ponies." Spike put in.

"It must be very powerful if it's powered by the love of every inhabitant in the empire." J'onn believed.

"Mm-hmm." the girls nodded.

And so they entered the palace, and walked through a hall before entering the throne room seeing Twilight's brother Shining Armor and Princess Cadence.

"Shining Armor! Cadence!" Twilight called.

The royal couple galloped over and nuzzled her, "Twily, it's good to see you."

"It's always wonderful to see you and your friends visit," Cadence added, until she and her husband saw additional company, "And we see you brought some more friends for us to meet."

"That's right, come on," She brought them over, "Shining Armor, Cadence, meet the Justice League. There's Batman, Superman, Diana, Flash, Lantern, J'onn, and Hawk Girl. Guys, this is my older brother Shining Armor, and my sister-in-law Princess Cadence."

"Please, just call me Cadence," The princess began, "And we welcome you heroes to the Crystal empire."

"Twilight, Princess Celestia, and Princess Luna have been telling us all about you guys protect your world from crime and destruction." Shining said.

"As well as what you've been through here in our world." Cadence added.

"Then you know of the alliance between our culprit Luthor and Chrysalis the queen of Changelings?" Batman inquired.

"We do." Shining answered, with a sigh.

"And trust me, we also have history with her." Cadence added looking dismal about the memory.

"We understand." Superman said, having heard about their story.

The couple dismissed the memory and Cadence spoke, "Well, feel free to explore the empire and educate yourself. I myself was on my way to the Crystal Spa, would any of you care to join me?"

"A day at the spa?" Rarity gasped in joy, "Count me in!"

"Sounds great." Twilight added.

"I could use some relaxation." Fluttershy admitted.

Rarity turned to the ladies of the League, "Hawk Girl, Diana, would you two care to join us?"

"Sounds fun." Diana smiled.

Hawk Girl was unsure, "I don't know, I'm not the spa type." she suddenly found herself getting nudged by Rarity.

"Don't be ridiculous, darling, nothing could be more pleasant than a relaxing day at the spa."

"Guys!" Hawk Girl called, but none of them helped her, as Twilight, Diana, Cadence, and Fluttershy followed.

"Ok, so they got the spa," Flash began, "So what can we do?"

Rainbow spoke, "Flash, you and the guys have to see the Crystal stadium."

"Crystal stadium?" Lantern asked.

"Yeah, it's where we held the Equestria Games." Shining explained.

"Equestria games?" J'onn asked.

"A big time event where ponies and athletes representing various locations gather together to put their skills in certain fields to the test." Pinkie explained.

"Sort of like the Olympics." Superman stated.

"Olympics?" Applejack asked in confusion.

"Nevermind, let's go see that stadium." Flash suggested, as the guys walked off.


Meanwhile at the Changeling Cave, Luthor was busy constructing something, "Yes. Finished." he smirked.

"Luthor," Chrysalis' voice came, as she walked in on him, "There you are. I was hoping you hadn't gone wandering."

"I was busy all night." Luthor answered.

"Busy with what, may I ask?" The Queen inquired.

"I've created this for you." Luthor presented the Queen with a metallic necklace with a green gemstone in the center.

Chrysalis eyed the trinket, and spoke, "Aren't you supposed to take me to dinner before offering me such a gift?" she flirted.

"This isn't that kind of gift," Luthor answered with a faint shudder, "I've used whatever metal or alloys I could scrounge up from my suit and the land and configured it all into this energy enhancement device."

"Energy enhancement?" Chrysalis asked intrigued.

"Yes. Wear that and your power will increase ten fold."

"Ten fold you say?" Chrysalis asked feeling pleased.

"Yes, and if you use your magic you can duplicate it for each of your changelings, even our allies." Luthor tempted her.

"Perfect. I shall do so," she levitated the necklace onto a table, but before she could duplicate it Luthor spoke up, "Before you do however, I worry that our allies may still not be up to speed with us and your subjects."

Chrysalis pondered, "True, they were already defeated by the girls and the Justice League, and wouldn't stand a chance out there if we sent them in battle."

"Then perhaps you could give them a little boost in power yourself?" Luthor suggested, "Surely you have the ability to transfer your magic into others don't you?"

"You are correct. And it may be just what they need to prove their worth to us once again. Very well, I shall see them personally."

"Do so." Luthor said, as she walked away unaware of him smirking.

About an hour later, Luthor and Chrysalis stood before the entire Changeling armada who were wearing a duplicated energy enhancer around their necks like Chrysalis was. The Queen addressed her subjects.

"Listen my, subjects," she began, "Today we shall bring vengeance upon the ponies who aided the ones in defeating us as well as those heroes of the Justice League!" the changeling armada cheered, as she continued, "My sources have indicated they can be found at the Crystal Empire, which is where we shall go."

A single Changeling raise its hoof, "You're highness, if I may speak up? How can we get into the Crystal Empire when it is protected by the magic of the Crystal Heart?"

The queen answered, "Simple, Luthor shall sneak in and remove the Crystal Heart from place allowing us to enter. Then once we've taken over the Crystal Empire, we shall then take Canterlot, and then all of Equestria! And with the energy enhancers given to us by Luthor, we shall be stronger than ever!" the army cheered.

Luthor turned around and looked at some figures in the shadows, "And I trust all of you are prepared for this?"

Stepping out from the shadows were Garble, Rad, Glut, Gilda, Lightning Dust, Suri, Flim, Flam, and the Diamond Dogs, only their bodies were black and had taken on the appearance of Changelings mixed with their very forms. Each one was also wearing an energy enhancer like the Changeling Armada and Chrysalis.

"We're more than ready." Garble answered.

"And with these cool new powers the Queen gave us, we're ready to kick some serious butt." Gilda added.

Luthor smirked, "Good."


Back at the Crystal Empire, the guys were walking for the Crystal Stadium, until Flash spotted a crystal Statue of Spike holding the Crystal Heart, "Hey, Spike, you must be popular here?"

"I do have a certain reputation here." Spike admitted, until two female Crystal unicorns trotted over looking excited.

"Great and Honorable Spike the Brave and Glorious!" one of them began, as they held out two pieces of parchment and a quill.

"May we have your autograph?" the second asked.

"Sure." he signed his name on their parchments, and they galloped off squealing like fangirls.

"Ok, explain." Lantern said.

"Well, the first time we came to the Crystal Empire, Twilight and I had to find the Crystal Heart located in the castle," Spike explained, "Twilight got captured and sent me to bring the Crystal Heart to Cadence, since then the ponies here have looked to me like a hero."

"I hope that hasn't gone to our head like it does to others." Batman said, while motioning to Flash, who didn't notice.

"Nah, I'd never let that happen." Spike chuckled, only for Applejack, Rainbow, and Pinkie to roll their eyes.

They entered the stadium and saw pony guards were galloping laps to get into shape, "Our Crystal guards use it at this time as a training field." Shining Armor explained.

Lantern looked around smiling, "Reminds me of my days back in the service."

"I could run circles around these guards." Flash boasted, while some of the guards glared at his mock.

"Flash, for the sake of their pride, zip it." Superman warned him.

"Ok-ok." Flash said, deciding to give it a rest.

"I wonder how the girls are doing with their spa day?" Lantern wondered.

At the Crystal Spa, Twilight, and Cadence were getting hooficures, Rarity and Pinkie were in the crystal mud baths, and Diana and Hawk Girl were lying on massage tables, as some Crystal Spa ponies were giving their backs massages.

"Ooh, isn't this divine?" Rarity asked Fluttershy.

"It's wonderful." she answered.

Cadence called over to the two heroines, "How're you two enjoying the treatment?"

"Very relaxing." Diana admitted.

"Truth is I'm not used to this sort of thing." Hawk Girl admitted, feeling a bit discomfort.

"Just give it a chance, Hawk Girl." Twilight said, as she enjoyed her hooficure.


Outside the Crystal Empire, Luthor approached the entrance while wearing a cloak to cover himself up. He stepped through the archway and snuck around the Crystal Empire making sure not to be seen by any of the crystal ponies. When he made it to the castle, he saw the Crystal Heart.

"All I have to do is take that and the invasion can begin." he went over and grabbed the Crystal Heart stopping it in place and pulled it out of it's spot. Suddenly the barrier that surrounded the empire became visible and started fading, thus taking all of the Crystal Ponies by surprise.

At the stadium, the guys saw the barrier fading, "What's happening?" Batman asked.

"The barrier's disappearing." Shining gasped.

"Something must've happened to the Crystal Heart." Applejack figured.

"Come on!" Lantern called, as they all headed back.

At the spa, the girls heard the commotion outside, "Sounds like trouble." Hawk Girl noticed.

"We better go." Twilight suggested, as Cadence nodded, before they left the spa.

Back with Luthor, he held the Crystal Heart and smirked, until he heard a voice call out to him, "Luthor!" he looked seeing Superman, the rest of the male league members, Rainbow, Applejack, Pinkie, Shining, and Spike arrive.

"So that's Lex Luthor?" Shining Armor asked.

"Righty-o." Pinkie answered.

"He's got the Crystal Heart!" Rainbow gasped.

"That's right." Luthor answered.

"Return the Crystal Heart!" Cadence called, as she and the others arrived.

"Sorry, Princess, but my partner and I can't have that." Luthor answered, before a compartment in his suit opened up and he placed the Crystal Heart inside it.

Suddenly they all looked up and saw Chrysalis and her Changelings descend from above, while Chrysalis hovered at Luthor's side, "Well done, Lex. Well done."

"You have some nerve showing your muzzle here." Shining warned the Queen.

"You and your subjects." Twilight added.

"Oh, it's not just us Princess Twilight." Chrysalis chuckled, as they saw dropping in were the old faces from their past.

They all looked repulsed and horrified by their new Changeling-like forms, "What happened to all of you?" Twilight gasped.

"The Queen has given us all makeover." Suri answered.

"And I feel better than ever." Lighting said.

"We're stronger and faster now." Rover explained.

"And more than capable of taking you all down." Garble finished.

"Attack!" Chrysalis ordered, as the Changeling's and Luthor's Equestrian Injustice League went on the attack.

Twilight, her friends, the royal couple, and the Justice League went on the attack against Chrysalis, Luthor, the changelings, or the others, while some of the Changelings flew around the empire to cause trouble.

Superman was engaging Luthor, while the rest of the league was fighting the Changelings their own ways. Rainbow was flying around trying to fight both Gilda and Lightning Dust but was proving unsuccessful thanks to their new Changeling powers and Luthor's power amplifiers.

"Ok, these guys are even harder to fight than last time." Rainbow said, as she dodged a flying tackle from her two former friends.

"No kidding!" Applejack agreed, as she tried bucking some changelings coming at her, but found herself being overrun. Flash ran around knocking the Changelings away and helped Applejack up.

Diana was dealing with Garble and his boys, before speaking up, "Why are they harder to fight than before?"

J'onn who was defending himself from Flim and Flam's magic beams enhanced by Changeling magic spoke up, "It's the collars they're wearing around their necks."

"Correct," Chrysalis answered, "Luthor has given us these amplifiers to increase our strength. And now that we're even stronger, taking over Equestria will be easier than before." she declared.

Luthor turned to his partner and answered, "I don't think so."

Chrysalis turned to him in confusion, "What do you mean?"

Luthor revealed he held a device with a button on it in his hand and pressed it. Suddenly all the Changelings, Chrysalis, and the others wearing the collars were being shocked and their Changeling magic and such were being drained from them and pooling into a similar core Luthor was wearing on his torso when he created the cores for the enhancers.

The good guys watched in shock at what was happening, until they saw their rivals lost their Changeling forms and were normal again, "What's happening?" Garble strained.

"I'm getting weaker." Gilda groaned, as she and the others fell to the ground weakened.

Chrysalis and her Changelings too weak to fly fell to the ground, as the Queen looked p at Luthor, "Luthor, what're you doing?"

Luthor looked down at the fallen queen smugly, "You didn't think I was going to keep this alliance between us up forever, did you? I simply used each and every one of you to get me closer to the Justice League. And now that it's happened, you are no longer of any use to me. But I still can make use of your magic."

"You traitor!" Chrysalis growled, "Your devices not only gave us strength but you rigged them so they could assimilate our magic into your suit!"

"Correct, and now with so much changeling magic stored in me I can use it for my own!" Luthor declared as the Changeling magical aura started surrounding him as he went through a metamorphosis.

Everyone watched in horror as Luthor was changing. Suddenly from where Luthor stood, stood him in a new form. His mechanical suit was black, spiked, stronger looking, and his head had turned as black as night, and on his head were two gnarly shaped horns styled like Chrysalis' giving him devil like horns.

"This is not good." Flash said, while everyone else was too terrified to acknowledge his claim.