• Published 15th May 2014
  • 4,280 Views, 123 Comments

Twilight Sparkle Goes To Hell - Dr Atlas



And the Devil is just as surprised as she is. Well, might as well give her the grand tour.

  • ...
32
 123
 4,280

...To Hell

“And then I tell him ‘If you didn’t want me pullin’ your chains, then maybe you shouldn’t of done the same.’”

A cackle of laughter woke Twilight from her slumber, she fluttered her eyes open and took in the scene around her, but it was the same darkness like before.

Um SiR, i ThInK sHe’S aWaKe.” She had heard that same voice before, it sounded just as demonic to. She felt a slight shove of her shoulder.

“Hey, Wakey wakey princess.” The voice that Twilight could only guess could be the devil said, she grumbled, her sight was finally back and she could see, she was then immediately confused.

“W-where am I?” She asked.

“I thought you were smart Miss Sparkle. Haven’t I told you already?” She turned to her left to see the devil, holding a wine shaped glass with some sort of bubbling liquid.

“I mean...where are we.” Twilight was still a bit dazed, her train of thought was starting to go off track.

“Oh...Well, we’re on a chariot being driven by a centaur, and you’re currently riding in the back with me while the imps ride up front.” The Devil took off his glasses and gave a smile. “It is a pretty swank cart princess, its got the flames in the back and the entire thing’s black coated, you’re mentor would be jealous.”

Twilight finally came to her senses and stared at the devil in astonishment. “How do you know about-”

“Your princess,” He interrupted. “your ruler, your lord and savior, Tia Celestia? Trust me, we creatures in hell know all about what happens up there.” He pointed straight up and put his glasses back on. “You’d be surprised what we know.”

Twilight was astonished, unable to comprehend any of this. There was only one explanation. The only reason why this was happening to her “This isn’t real.” She said.

Satin choked on his drink. “Ahem, what?” He said with a raise of a brow.

“None...None of this is real, how can you know about all of this, and this place can’t be hell, it should be tarta-”

The devil crushed the wine glass in his hooves, spilling the liquid on the floor, where it soaked right through, leaving a small hole. “Don’t. You. Dare. Say. That. Word.” Fire was leaking out of the top of his glasses.

“What word?” Twilight asked. “Do you mean Tart-”

The devil immediately clamped a hoof on her mouth, anger plastered all over his face. “That world does not exist, that is just some stupid, idiotic land that some stupid, idiotic, idiot made up to fool you ponies.” He let go of Twilight and looked away.

“Whenever I hear them call this place….THAT WORD...It tears me apart.” He turned back to Twilight. “I made this place with my DAMN BARE HOOVES you know...And I named it what I wanted it to be, but apparently the mortals think that” He took a deep inhale. “TARTARUS is a real place, and they think THIS Is it!” He stood up from the chariot and lifted his hooves in the air. “Just look at it princess, its beautiful, it is nothing like that fake place.”

Twilight was reluctant to stand, or even move, what was with his voice changing like that? It sounded so evil and demonic. “I-I’d rather no-” A hoof grabbed her and hoisted her into the air. It was at that moment, she sucked in all what hell really looked like.

The devil took a deep breath. “Isn’t it beautiful.” He let go of her and brought both his hooves to his dead heart. “I made this. Me. I. Made. This.”

Twilight looked around at the devils hoovy work. It was worse than what the books said Tartar- or hell, looked like. Much worse. There were rivers that were made of fire, and the street that the chariot was riding on looked like it was made of bones, and in the distance she saw nothing but creatures that were so horrid that she couldn’t even describe the abominations, they were all walking about, just groaning and yelling at one another.

At that moment, the devil leaned in to her ear and said. “Wanna know what those things are?” Twilight jumped in surprise, then she nodded. “These are the souls of the damned, pretty funny when you look at them eh? Just look at how that one moves.” he nudged her shoulder, but Twilight didn’t even respond, she just stared at them.

“What are they?” She asked, her eyes still glued to the monstrosities.

“Don’t they look familiar? Their ponies, just like you.” He poked her chest. Twilight recoiled in pain, she could feel the burn in his touch, the devil chuckled and rubbed the back of his neck. “Sorry ‘bout that, forgot about my fiery touch.” The devil looked up and yelled. “Hey, driver! We there yet?”

AcTualLy SiR.” An imp in the car said, Twilight gazed at the sight of the creature, his entire body was skinny and red, and his face was that of a ponies, but she could see the bones on it. “YoU’rE sTiLl oN sCHeDuLe.

WHAT!?” The devil yelled. “Don’t the idiots realizes I have a princess to deal with?”

The imp shrugged. “WoRk Is WoRk SiR.

The devil sighed and rubbed his eyes. “What do I have to do today then?”

The imp snapped his fingers and a fire erupted from his hoof, it died down and a scroll replaced its place, then the imp handed it to the devil. Twilight’s eyes were wide the entire time. “How did he do that?”

The devil opened the scroll and glanced at Twilight. “Oh, all imps can do that, makes it easier to bring letters around, your lizard friend would know.” The devil took off his sunglasses and replaced them with reading glasses. “Now lets see here…”

Twilight was starting to lose it, how this guy knew all about her and her princess and now her assistant, she stood up from the cart and looked at the devil in anger. “How do you know about-”

The chariot came to a full stop and Twilight was flung out onto the bone street, the devil didn’t seem to notice and started getting out while he read. “Mmhh. torture the damned on floor two, give a long and cruel speech to the newcomers, take care of pets,” He rolled his yellow eyes “at least that one’s fun, lets see, blaah blaah blaah. Alright, so princess are you ready to-”

“Oww…” The devil looked down to see that he had stepped on Twilight, who was laying on the ground when she flew out of the cart.

“What are you doin’ down there?” He grabbed the scruff of her neck and pulled her up, this time he made sure to tone down the heat of his hooves. “I didn’t hurt ya too bad, did I?”

Twilight shook her head, she was filled with mixed emotions, fear, anger, confusion, and many others she couldn’t think of at the moment. She slowly turned to the devil, her eyes were flaming just like his and the devil could swear that her hair and mane were on fire. She opened her mouth and said….and said…She then fell to the floor in defeat. “I give up.” She groaned.

The devil rolled up the scroll and stuffed it in his suit pocket. “Give up on what?”

Twilight looked up at him. “On all of this, on wondering why i’m here, why this place exists, why you exist, what happened to me. All of this is...is...is…”

“Is what?” The devil felt a little concerned for her, not many souls give up at this point.

“Its just too much!” She stood up and yelled, making the devil recoil in surprise. “All of this is too much, can’t you just tell me!?”

Now the devil was getting really concerned. “T-tell you what?”

Twilight grabbed the neck of the devils suit and said. “Is it true?”

“Is what true? and will you watch the suit, its really expensive.”

Twilight’s face was inches away from him. “Am. I. Dead? Please tell me this is some sort of sick joke or spell or dream that I’m having, just tell me the truth!”

The devil pushed her off of him. “Will you calm down! I don’t even think you can handle the truth!” He dusted himself off and looked up at the princess, the way her face was looking at him, he started feeling pity for her, and he rarely has pity to give. He sighed, knowing he would have to tell her. “Well princess, I really don’t know how else to say it.” Twilight’s eyes were starting to water, the devil hated when mortals eyes did that, it was so gross. He sighed. “Yeah….you’re uh….yeah….you’re dead. I don’t think-”

Instantly, Twilight threw herself on him, the devil could feel the tears on the side of his suit. “Great.” He mumble to himself over Twilight’s crying. “Now I’m gonna need to get this thing pressed.”

“H-How could this happen?!” Twilight sobbed. “Why! What did I do to deserve this? I've always been a great friend, and I love my friends,” She sniffed up the snot that was starting to form on her nose. The devil was on the verge of puking. “and I know that they love me back, why did I have to die like this?” She then dove her head into his suit again, completely soaking it in tears.

The devil hated this part, when he told ponies this. It was always with the ‘why’ and the ‘how’ and so on and so forth, he got use to it over the years since he knew the wretched souls deserved it, but now this pony was an innocent, and as much as he hated to admit it, he felt sorry for this mare.

“Look..uh...Twilight.” He said, though he knew the sobs were drowning out his voice. “The...uh...the good…usually die young?” He patted her back, but after he said that there was a rise in the cries, and he was starting to feel the pressure around his neck from Twilight’s arms. “Smooth D, real smooth.”

He grabbed hold of her hooves and pulled them off of him. Twilight looked up at him, her eyes were like the left side of his suit, drenched in tears, the devil could do nothing but stare at her. This was a pony that he had never dealt with, one that had never done anything wrong, and even did more right than wrong than anyone he had read about in the life reports, but now she was to be sent to a place where she couldn’t see her friends, well, at least until they die, but something like that could take a long time, it was almost making him cry, he didn’t want the mare to see this. He let go of her, looked away, and took off his reading glasses and replaced them with his sunglasses.

“Princess, you need to realize this. Death is a natural thing, it happens to everyone, some are more unlucky than others, and I’m tellin’ you this right now. If Faust wanted you to die, then it was destiny.”

Twilight started wiping the tears and snot off of her face. “Faust...W-who's Faust?”

The devil’s glasses slid down to the point of his nose, showing half of his eyes. “You don’t know who Faust is?” He asked, with a shake of a head in reply from her. He knew that she had never heard of her, Faust was a name that had never been written or even heard of, the devil knew she had erased all evidence of her even existing, you don’t want a creator getting found out now. “Surely you read about her in all those books of yours.” He said with a smile.

Twilight scratched her head. “I think I read it in a book once called the ‘Sacred Scripture.’” The devils eyes went wide, his jaw hung open, and his sunglasses fell off of his face. “Actually, now that I remember, I think you were in it to.”

“T-the S-S-Sacred Scripture….Y-You mean..” The devil started shaking, how did a pony get their hooves on a book like that, and how could she instantly remember a book like that too, that's a poorly written script right there!

“I remember looking at it as a filly when I was wondering around in the library,” She laughed. “Although, I don’t think I was supposed to be in there at my age, I was-”

The devil grabbed Twilight. “You should have NEVER looked at it! That book is nothing but a lie, do you understand?!”

Twilight looked around in a panic. “B-but you said Faust-”

He let go of her and looked away. “I know what I said, but that book is full of lies Twilight!” He picked up his glasses and put them back on, then he faced her. “That book over exaggerated a lot of stuff. For starters, it took her months to create your world, not a week, and Adams Apple and Eval Bevel were not the first ponies she made.”

“What are you talking about?” Twilight was getting a little bit scared, all she could remember reading was the first few pages, then she got bored and looked for another book to read. “I didn’t even read that much.”

“And her friend Megan...wait...how much did you read?” He looked at her very seriously.

“I-I only remember reading a page on what she did, like, how she made all of us, even you. That was until you went crazy or something...I can’t remember. I didn’t really like the book that much anyway.” She started looking away, trying to think of just what it was that book talked about.

“I did NOT go crazy!” The devil yelled. “I was just angry was all. The way she was ruling things, not giving a firm hoof to those who deserved it.” The devil started pacing. “She looked at things in a good way all the time. Once in a while you’re supposed to look at things in a BAD way ya know, that's how you make the bad guys pay, that's how you’re supposed to run the world, you understand?”

Twilight was petrified, “What are you talking about?”

The devil then realized what he was saying, he took a deep breath and regained his composure. “Sorry...I was….I was just getting a little worked up at how the Bible said-”

“What's the Bible?” Twilight said with a tilt of her head.

The devil just gave a blank stare. “How about I just take you to my first task of the day.” He started walking along the bone street. Twilight walked next to him.

“What would that be?” She asked.

The devil smiled. “Torturing the souls of the damned of course.”