• Published 11th May 2014
  • 717 Views, 14 Comments

Stories Retold - Shadowflash237



All of My Little Pony's episodes retold by the villian's point of view.

  • ...
1
 14
 717

Friendship is Magic Part 2

"Seize her!" A pony that seemed to have some sort of authority called from the crowd. "Only she knows where the princess is!"

Three ponies dressed in rather nice armor flew up to the ledge where the new princess stood. Nightmare Moon tossed her head to glare at them. "Stand back you foals!" She said. Her eyes lit up with a bright blue. Nightmare Moon began laughing again, her magic flowing out towards the guards. It swam around them, suddenly turning into a brilliant flash of lightning that she could have sworn knocked them back to last Tuesday.

Nightmare Moon's teeth shined in the moonlight, the beautiful, beautiful moonlight, as she reformed her body into a dark blue mist and headed out the doors. Sadly, the guards were only dazed, not sent back through all eternity as she had hoped. As Nightmare Moon, now mist, flew out of the building, Rainbow Dash finally broke the farm-pony's grip and literally "dashed" after her, screeching.

"You come back here!" The rainbow pony said angrily, stopping short to realize that nothing was going to stop the queen of the night as she flew off towards the Everfree Forest. Great, she thought. Just the right place for me to wreck havoc on all of Equestria!

The further Nightmare Moon flew, the more confidence she got. Finally, just as she was passing over the entrance to the forest, she let her body turn from mist into a cluster of deadly-looking ponies. They threw back their heads to let out three ear-piercing shrieks of joy, revenge, and most of all, death.

"Equestria is mine!" They screamed. Their voices echoed into the night, scattering the bats and bugs away from everything that they had thought was safe. "Mine!" Nightmare's voice started to show through while the three other pony's voices faded into a dark undertone.

Just then, Nightmare Moon heard crackling among the leaves and uncertain voices in the distances. Those blasted ponies. She growled to herself. How did they get here so fast?

An idea sprang up in her head and she grinned. Quickly, she turned to mist once again. Nightmare Moon flew in the direction she heard the voices from, and, sure enough, there they were, Rainbow Dash, the purple unicorn, the farm-pony, the party-pony, the white unicorn, and the pegasus who directed the bird choir. They think they're safe in numbers? Nightmare Moon thought in scorn. Hmm, they really are foals.

Nightmare Moon turned her attention to the unstable rock cliff that they were approaching. The idea became a plan, and she hoped that she remembered how to become one with the earth. When she had tried to do so on the moon, she had come back covered in a strange and disgusting blue liquid that she did not want to think about at the moment. Shuddering slightly, the part of the mist where her horn should be lit up, and suddenly she was flung towards the cliff.

It felt strange, soaking into the earth once more. It was so moist and different, almost pleasing. She hated it.

Above her, the six pony's hoofsteps pounded like a-thousand drums against her poor ears.

"...And it ain't natural." The farm-pony was saying. "Folks say it don't work the same as Equestria."

"What's that supposed to mean?" The purple unicorn asked in a panicked tone.

A pair of hooves was suddenly lifted from the ground just as Rainbow Dash said in a spooky voice, "Noooopony knoooowwsss." Her hooves landed with a thud and started to creep towards the other hooves. Get ready. Nightmare Moon told herself. "You know why?

"Rainbow, quit it!" The farm-pony commanded, but Rainbow Dash didn't seem to hear, or, if she did, she wasn't going to stop scaring her friends. Nightmare Moon was starting to like this Rainbow Dash.

"'Cause every pony who's ever come in..." Rainbow Dash trailed off for only a second. "Has never, come, OUT!" Twelve hooves leaped off the ground as she successfully frightened them. That was, once again, a cue for Nightmare Moon to get started.

She lit up the mist just as their hooves left the ground. It started to swirl throughout the cliff-side, and before she knew it, the entire chunk of rock was falling down around her. Nightmare Moon stifled a burst of hideous laughter and flew out of the cliff, turning just in time to see the other ponies fall to their doom. Everything was working all too well.

Rainbow Dash commanded the yellow pegasus - apparently her name was Fluttershy - and flew down to where the other ponies were about to slide over the cliff. Fluttershy followed more slowly.

Rainbow Dash grabbed the party-pony, making Nightmare Moon to growl in anger. What was she doing? She should be leaving them, not helping them! Then Fluttershy bit down on the white unicorn's tail and pulled her up, which was more than bad to Nightmare Moon. No no no! It was all going wrong! They were supposed to leave each-other to defend themselves!

The farm-pony slid past a root sticking out of the ground and bit onto it so she hung there. Nightmare Moon would have gotten angrier, but the purple know-it-all unicorn had just slid to the edge of the cliff, her back legs hanging down over the side. Nightmare Moon would have gone to help her fall, but she decided to not waste her magic when she was already doing the job for her.

The farm-pony let go of the root and slid down to where the purple unicorn was falling. Nightmare Moon didn't hear what they said, but the name Applejack was mentioned. The purple unicorn's hooves kicked against the stone cliff, and suddenly, her eyes widened, and she let go of Applejack's grip. Nightmare Moon bit back a yell of happiness as she screamed in terror from the drop.

Rainbow Dash and Fluttershy were suddenly there, holding the unicorn from falling. Nightmare Moon's anger grew until she had enough of them, and sped into the forest. Her luck was running out, and if she didn't find anything soon, she would- There! Nightmare Moon changed herself into a thorn and stuck herself into the beast's paw, making sure to dig in deep.

No sooner than she left them, the six ponies were back, Rainbow Dash boasting about how she saved the purple unicorn. The unicorn was starting to lecture her when she spotted the Manticore and gasped.

The Manticore reared up and flung himself at the group, landing next to the white unicorn. She kicked him with what Nightmare Moon would called a bug bite, for it was so feeble.

"Take that you ruffian!" She said triumphantly, but the angry beast let out a fearsome roar that sent her hair in all directions. "My hair!" She cried. The white unicorn heard the growl from the beast's throat, and quickly ran towards the group. The Manticore started to chase, but was stopped by Applejack, who had somehow ended up on his neck and was now riding him like a bull. She yelled one of those pathetic cowgirl cries.

The Manticore quickly dislodged her by bucking her off, and Rainbow Dash went in for a hit. She started to spin around him with speed that even impressed Nightmare Moon, but not that much. The Manticore was surrounded by a rainbow band. Nightmare Moon commanded him to strike out with his tail. He hit Rainbow Dash with perfect aim, sending her skittering towards her friends.

The purple unicorn was beyond mad now. She pulled back her hoof and blew out of her nose in anger. All five of them charged at the Manticore. Fluttershy suddenly flew up in front of them and yelled, "Wait!" That stopped the charging ponies. Fluttershy approached the Manticore, and didn't even flinch when he raised his paw, claws extended. "Shh," she soothed. "It's okay." Fluttershy nuzzled his paw lovingly and looked up at him with care in her eyes.

Disgusting, Nightmare Moon thought.

The Manticore held out his paw with the thorn in it, and Fluttershy looked at the injury with sympathy. "Oh, you poor, poor little baby."

"Little?" Rainbow Dash commented.

"Now, this might hurt for just a second." Fluttershy placed her mouth on the thorn and pulled it out with a strong tug. The Manticore roared in pain, holding her in his paws. Nightmare Moon grinned. Time to feast. But he started licking her hair and purring.

Nightmare Moon fell to the ground still in her thorn form. If she had hooves, she would have beat the ground silly with them. Everything was going wrong. Why were these ponies so loyal to each other?

She turned back into mist once they were gone and flew past them in the forest. She could hear the party-pony singing and the other ponies laughing to the cheesy song. Nightmare Moon rolled her eyes and flew on until she came to a large purple water serpent. What is with purple creatures now a days? She thought.

He was sitting on a shining rock, sleeping the day, or, should she say, night, away. Nothing to do here. Nightmare Moon flew up next to him. Nothing. She passed him by his nostrils, hearing a loud slice. Nightmare Moon was too busy thinking about what to do next to pay much attention to it.

As she flew on, Nightmare Moon came to old ruins. She gasped in amazement. Her old castle! What had happened to it? Once again, everything was due to the rudeness of her sister.

The bridge, however, was still intact. The ponies were heading this way, she realized. Nightmare Moon flew over to the other side of the bridge and sliced the strings apart. It fell with a satisfying crack. That won't stop them, Nightmare Moon thought. That Rainbow pony will bring it back up.

Nightmare Moon abruptly remembered that Rainbow Dash was in love with the Wonderbolts. She also remembered the three ponies that she had turned into before all this had happened. The Shadowbolts.

This was her last chance. Nightmare Moon turned into the three ponies and waited until she could see Rainbow Dash's mane through the thin mist. "Rainbow...." she said in the female's voice.

"Who's there?" Rainbow Dash asked, looking around.

"Rainbow...."

"I ain't scared a you!" She said, punching the air. "Show yourself!" Nightmare Moon was amused. She did like her.

"We've been eagerly awaiting the arrival of the best flyer in Equestria." Nightmare Moon began.

"Who?" Rainbow Dash asked, confused.

"Why, you! Of course!"

"Really?" Rainbow Dash's voice cracked in happiness. "I mean, oh yeah! Me! Hey, uh, you wouldn't mind telling the Wonderbolts that, would ya? 'Cause, I've been trying to get into that group for like, ever!" Rainbow Dash threw up her head.

"No, Rainbow Dash. We want you to join us," Nightmare Moon sent the three ponies galloping up to the rainbow mare. "The Shadowbolts!" Rainbow Dash looked confused again. "We are the greatest aerial team in the Everfree Forest, and soon we will be the greatest in all Equestria. But first," Rainbow Dash put her head forward. "We need a captain." Rainbow Dash grinned and the female Shadowbolt started to fly around her.

"We need the most magnificent,"

"Yep!"

"Swiftest,"

"Yes."

"Bravest flier in all the land!"

"Yes, it's all true!"

"We need..." she flew up to Rainbow Dash's ear and whispered, "You."

"Yes! Sign me up!" Rainbow Dash trotted over to the broken bridge. "But, first let me tie this bridge up and then we have a deal."

"No!" The female yelled, stopping her short. "It is them or us!"

The purple unicorn called over to Rainbow Dash, but Nightmare Moon blocked them out with the fog.

Rainbow Dash looked like she was going to have to decide with either choosing the Wonderbolts or being the head-leader of Cloudsdale.

"Well...?"

"You..." The female Shadowbolt smiled in triumph. "Thank you." Rainbow Dash said. "For the offer, I mean." She stared at her in disbelief. "But, I'm afraid that I have to say no." She tightened the rope to the pole and flew off to her friends.

Nightmare Moon growled and turned back into mist, heading back into the forest and towards the castle. She no longer liked Rainbow Dash.

As she got to the castle, the rest of the ponies were trotting out but leaving the purple unicorn to lay besides the Elements of Harmony. Nightmare Moon gasped. Yes, this was what she had been waiting for!

She swirled around the stones and brought them off the ground in a spinning torrent of blue fog. Twilight gasped, and the other ponies cried out to her.

Nightmare Moon teleported herself to the tower next to the house. Twilight leaped in at the last moment and came along with her. Nightmare Moon growled. Will this pony ever let it be?

Twilight appeared in a purple burst before her. Nightmare Moon was standing on the risen podium, laughing. And, another lightning spur.

It illuminated her with white light, making her seem bigger than she already was. Twilight frowned and stomped her hoof on the ground twice.

"You're kidding? You're kidding, right?" Nightmare Moon said scornfully.

Twilight charged at her, her horn alight. Nightmare Moon ran to meet her. But, just as she was about to ram into her full force, Twilight teleported to the podium, rubbing her head.

"Just one spark."

The Elements started to glow light pink, and Twilight was knocked backwards.

"No!" Nightmare cried. "No!"

Suddenly, the sparks disappeared. Twilight gasped and started to say something, but was blocked out by Nightmare Moon's laughing. She reared up and slammed her hooves to the ground, shattering the Elements into pieces. "You little foal! Thinking you could defeat me! Now, you will never see your princess or your sun!" Nightmare's hair swirled into another tornado. "The night, will last, forever!"

The voices of the other ponies sounded from the hallway. Of course, Nightmare Moon thought. They just had to ruin the fun.

Nightmare Moon didn't know what happened next, for it went by so quickly, but suddenly, all six ponies were in the air, each wearing a necklace with their cutie mark on it, and Twilight had a crown on her head. Nightmare Moon gasped. She had foreseen this day. On the moon, she had been sleeping, when Twilight had appeared before her, growling with a crown on her head, and blood hanging from her mouth. That was the one thing that had ever frightened Nightmare Moon. And now, it was really happening. The six ponies gathered their Elements together in a rainbow blade and hurled it at Nightmare Moon.

"Noooooooooooooooooooooo!" Nightmare Moon screeched just as the blade enveloped her, and suddenly, everything was black. Nightmare knew what it was. Death.

Author's Note:

Sorry for the rushed ending and long chapter. :3 Hope you like it. I'll try to post one tomorrow, but probably not because I have school. Bleh.

Comments ( 7 )

What are you planning to do with episodes, without an antagonist, like "Feeling Pinkie Keen"? Will they be skipped, or are you going to tell the story from bystanders point of view?

Anyway, I like the concept a lot, and hopefully I get the time to read it soon.

4373032
I'm thinking that I'll do it from a bystanders point of view. Really glad that you like it, though.

I got to say I love what you have up so far :3

4379459
Bystanders then. Would the hydra qualify as a bystander?

4383677
No, the hydra would (in my opinion) be considered a villain. Anything that has endangered the ponies or is clearly a villain will be done. Sometimes, like, for the next episode, The Ticket Master, there is no real villain, so I'll be doing someone that I think was one of the main bystanders.

Sweet! I am printing this out do I can read it tonight. Looks like a good one! :derpytongue2:

4438300
Thanks! I think it's awesome that you like my story! I'll try to post another one today or tomorrow or whenever I'm not lazy. :pinkiehappy:

Login or register to comment