• Published 11th May 2014
  • 717 Views, 14 Comments

Stories Retold - Shadowflash237



All of My Little Pony's episodes retold by the villian's point of view.

  • ...
1
 14
 717

Friendship is Magic Part 1

The long-legged back Alicorn paced restlessly across the hard, rocky surface of the moon, grimacing.

"One-thousand years on the moon, and my sister is still a snotty little know-it-all." The Alicorn kicked at a rock, sending it flying, only to end up floating down ten feet away from her. "Stupid non-gravity moon." She turned and walked this way and that, constantly speaking about her sister, Princess Celestia. "I hate her!" Nightmare Moon cried. "I hate her!"

Nightmare Moon whipped around and spotted a deep crater in the ground. Spreading her wings, she was lifted into the air, hovering over the hole. Nightmare Moon flew higher and higher until she was nearly out of the oxygen bubble that Princess Celestia had created for her. The Alicorn's wings snapped back to rest a her sides as she plummeted towards the crater. Her shining helmet tore off her head and landed next to the small rock that she had kicked. Her wavy blue hair, thankful to finally be released, streamed out behind her.

Nightmare Moon's horn came alight with a dark blue aura that illuminated the area around the crater. The edges began to smoke and blacken before coming alight with fire.

As the Alicorn neared the flaming pit, she cried out ravenously. "I HATE HER!" The fire turned a deep purple, sparking with white stars. Nightmare Moon disappeared into the flames with laughter that sounded not unlike the crackling fire.

Almost as quickly as she was gone, she rose out of the scorching fire with another laugh. The ash left marks on her bare head, but otherwise she was fine. Smiling, in fact. "I...hate...her...so much." Nightmare Moon growled through bared teeth. "So much." The black Alicorn shook her head like an animal, throwing saliva towards the flames. Her hooves stomped the ground underneath her, dousing the purple flames. "I hate you, Celestia!" She screamed at the blue and green planet that made itself home next to the moon that had become her house for one-thousand years. "You hear me? I HATE YOU!"

Nightmare Moon abruptly broke out of her deadly mood and quickly put out the lapping flames. "She'll learn." Using her magic, she retrieved her helmet and placed it on her head. A vicious grin spread across her face. "Soon." Nightmare turned her head to look around her at the large balls flying towards her planet. "Very soon."

She quickly ran over the scorched ground, not caring to place her mane back underneath the metal helmet. Her long legs carried her across the ground seconds before she was airborne. The stars were ever getting nearer, she realized, which gave her speed to fly into the stone structure that stuck out of moon. As she got closer, the stars grew colored. Two blues, a yellow, and what looked like a red to her. Beautiful. She thought.

Nightmare Moon dropped to the ground and ran into the little hut. A small fire sat in the fireplace, which she immediately poured water on. She grabbed what little items she possessed; a saddlebag and a few pastries. She placed the treats in her bags, which she then strapped around her torso. Nightmare Moon turned around in the small room to make sure that she had everything, then raced outside. The stars were almost touching the moon now. Panic spread across her face as she once again flew into the air.

Just as she did so, all four stars touched the moon at the same time. A large blast pushed her backwards across the planet. Nightmare Moon's wings beat harmlessly against the wind, her head stretched out ahead of her. The force of the blast pushed her down as the four stars combined into one, encircling the now weak Alicorn. Her saddlebags tug at her wings painfully. With the rest of her strength, Nightmare Moon ripped off the bags, watching them fly away from her with such speed that not even the talented pegasus Rainbow Dash could match. She knew that from years of watching her fly all across the earth. The moon had a very good view on its twin planet.

Another blast, this one from above her, dug her into the moon. All four stars, now one bright white globe, descended onto the Alicorn. It enveloped her completely. Nightmare screamed in pain as it turned from white to green, and then to red. A deep, bloody red.

And then, just as soon as the pain had started, it ended, and Nightmare Moon found herself crouched on the polished floor of Princess Celestia's castle. Her beautiful sister stood before her, a look of shock on her face.

"My sister!" Celestia cried out happily, flinging herself onto Nightmare Moon.

Nightmare reacted amazingly fast. She flipped the other Alicorn into the air with suddenly strong magic. Celestia gasped in shock to find herself surrounded by a dark blue aura, her sister not really her sister beneath her.

"I'm back, and now it's your turn to be sent to a planet." Nightmare Moon growled. Her magic was covered with the yellow of the sun now, flashing like a million beams of light. "Your turn for a little game called, "Who can escape the first, because it won't be you." Have fun on the sun!" The flashed grew larger as it covered her whole aura, and Celestia suddenly vanished into thin air.

That was surprisingly easy. Nightmare Moon thought.

A door creaked open behind her. "Princess, are you alri-" The guard cut off as Nightmare Moon spun around and wrapped him in blue magic. His terror was frozen on his face as she turned him into ice that sparkled in the burning sunlight coming through the window.

Nightmare Moon suddenly realized how hot it was, for she was not used to having warmth other than fire on her skin. Frowning, she pulled the curtains across the window, leaving the room in darkness.

From outside, she heard somebody gasp and say, "She's gone!", which was followed by the gasps and shrieks of other ponies. Grinning manically, she teleported herself into the room. But she hadn't teleported anywhere for such a long time, so it was a rather bumpy ride. She was thrown around in circles of color that looked like her mane before appearing on a ledge, looking down on several ponies. One, a purple unicorn, caught her attention. A young dragon was perched on her back, which amused her after he fell down in a faint. The other ponies gasped once more. That was a cue for Nightmare Moon to greet her missed friends.

"My beloved subjects." She began. "It's been so long since I've seen your precious little sun-loving faces."

"What did you do with our princess?" A rainbow-maned pegasus yelled from the crowd. Nightmare Moon recognized her as Rainbow Dash, and she seemed quite the flier to her, for she started to dash up to her, but was held back by an orange farm-pony.

Nightmare laughed hysterically. "Why, am I not royal enough for you?" She unfurled her wings angrily, flapping them to show that she meant business.

A bright, pink party-pony started naming off names that not even she recognized, but all in all, it was great to watch for entertainment. Sadly, the farm-pony stuck an apple into her mouth, causing Nightmare to get even angrier

She flew towards the pegasus attending the bird choir. "Does my crown no longer count now that I have been imprisoned for a thousand years?" The pegasus shrunk away, so Nightmare turned to the white unicorn that seemed to be the source of the voice she had heard from Celestia's quarters. "Did you not recall the legend?" Nightmare flicked her chin with her mane. "Did you not see the signs?"

"I did!" The purple unicorn said from the crowd. "And I know who you are. You're the Mare in the Moon. Nightmare Moon." That brought a chorus of gasps from the ponies behind her, who shrunk back like the yellow pegasus. Nightmare Moon flew back to the ledge, grinning.

"Well, well, well, somepony who remembers me. Then you also know why I'm here."

The purple unicorn looked uncertain, slipping over her words in confusion. Nightmare Moon laughed again, this time louder and more evil. Just the way she liked it. "Remember this day, little ponies, for it was your last. From this moment forth, the night, will last, forever."

Cue the lightning. Nightmare thought, sending bright flashes of light across the room, her mane swirling into a blue tornado above her head, scaring the ponies half to death, or, to death, whichever worked, below. To add to the effect, she laughed, loud, evil, and frightening.

Perfect.

Author's Note:

Sorry the ending is kinda rushed. I wanted to get this done really quickly, but, tell me what you think! This is my first time writing a story that is based off of the real episodes, and you can tell that I used the lines from the episode, but, yeah, sorry it was rushed at the end. My bad.