• Published 14th Apr 2014
  • 5,892 Views, 870 Comments

Regenerator 228 - Hopefullygoodgrammar



A Regenerator enters Equestria during the events of "The Return of Harmony" , bringing with it a whole slew of problems. a crossover with the Resident Evil series.

  • ...
28
 870
 5,892

Harmonic Restoration Part 2

Regenerator 228

Chapter 6


228 let out a short gasp as consciousness returned to him.


What happened? Was that a- a “black-out”? he thought as he looked around.


There was something… different about his surroundings, but he couldn't place what it was until he turned and saw the patch of grass where he had been sitting and the Still Unconscious Grounded Horse.


I moved a few feet. Oh, well at least nothing happened while I was out. Though it’s a little disconcerting that I blacked out in the first place.


228 walked back to where he was sitting and picked up the Still Unconscious Grounded Horse, who squirmed a little bit and let out a tiny yawn that sent a wave of warmth through his mutated heart.


He looked at her and saw that the gray color was completely gone, replaced by a light-yellow color that made 228 think of sunlight… or maybe butter.


She’s been asleep for a while now. thought 228 as he felt her heartbeat through her soft fur, Maybe I should wake her up? No, I’ll find a safe place to put her and then I’ll go back to the forest to eat. I bet she’d be terrified if she were to see me and I’d prefer not to be hunted.


228 thought that he had worked out a flawless plan, but the sleeping horse chose that exact moment to wake up.


Discord sat on his throne, staring at the central foyer of the castle as it slowly took on more and more non-euclidean traits. He looked at the wrist where 228 had grabbed him; the skin was swollen and red, almost like he had gotten stung by a very large bee.


“That’s the first time in a thousand years that something actually hurt me.” mused the draconequus, impressed despite himself.


Discord shifted on his throne and aimed his fingers at a nearby chunk of ancient masonry, he snapped his fingers and the piece of stone was turned into a miniature dragon made of rock candy.


Well, at least my magic’s regenerated. thought Discord, smiling in relief as he watched the rock-candy dragon fly about the still-transforming throne room for a minute before being eaten by a window that had become a smiling mouth with sharp teeth. The window burped loudly and Discord chuckled, glad that he had gotten over his little issue.


Now to check up on my little ponies. I just love watching them go at each other; they’re so cute when they’re corrupted and- why can’t I sense my magic in them?


Discord’s relief vanished and in a flash was replaced by anger and disbelief; the disbelief vanished when he realized what had happened.


I had tethered little pieces of my power to each Element so that they would stay corrupted. 228’s little “power drain” must have cut all the tethers to the Elements of Harmony!


For the first time since he clawed his way out of the Void, Discord clenched his paw and talon into fists, raised his head to the sky and roared out one word, one word that perfectly encompassed everything that he was feeling at the moment:


FFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUCCCCCKKKKKK!!!!!”


Twilight, Applejack and Pinkie stood in the center of the now-abandoned Cloudsdale, all three feeling very small in the midst of the massive city.


“Where did everypony go?” asked Pinkie Pie, looking worried.


“Ah don’t know, but Ah don’t like this one bit.” said Applejack, shivering as a gust of cold wind blew across the street.


“Where do you think she’d go” asked Pinkie, looking at Twilight.


“I’m not sure. If I were Rainbow Dash, where would I go?”


“LOOK OUT BELOW!!” screamed a familiar voice.


Twilight and the others jumped out of the way just in time to avoid being crushed by a prismatic blur which hit the ground and sent up ripples of clouds that destabilized the trio of ponies, causing them to fall to the ground with simultaneous ‘OOMPH’s .


“What in tarnation?!” exclaimed Applejack, trying to steady herself after the ripples had dissipated.


She looked at the recently formed cloud crater and saw Rainbow Dash climb to her hooves and shake her head.


When she saw the damage that she had caused she grinned up at the trio sheepishly, “Heh, sorry about that, guys.” she said.


“What were you doing?” asked Twilight.


“I don’t know.” replied the prismatic mare, looking around at her surroundings confusedly, “Are we in Cloudsdale?”


Twilight raised an eyebrow, “Yes?”


Rainbow’s brow knitted, “How’d we get here?”


“Ya mean ya don’t remember?” asked Applejack, stepping forward.


“Nope, the last thing that I remember is being in the gardens and running into that jerk, Discord. Then I woke up and I was falling, I saw you guys and just barely got enough breath to call out; I’m glad that you heard me.”


Twilight’s mind was flooded with questions, most of which were answered when she actually looked at her friend and saw that her fur was as blue as fresh water with not a trace of gray in it.


“Rainbow! Y-your better?! How?” asked Twilight after picking her jaw up off the ground.


“What are you talkin’ about?” asked Rainbow Dash.


“You really don’t remember?”


Rainbow raised a hoof to her chin and scrunched her face up in thought. Twilight was about to tell her when a look of horror crossed her face.


“Oh. Sweet. Celestia…. I got turned into a jerk by Discord, didn't I?”, she looked at Twilight with eyes that were misting over, “He made me disloyal, didn't he?”.


Applejack trotted up and looked her friend and often-competitor in the eyes, “He made us all jerks, sugarcube.”


Rainbow Dash sniffled and began to tear up, Pinkie walked over to her and wrapped her forehooves around her in a tight embrace, “It’s alright, you didn’t mean to act all anti-loyal, it’s all that big meanie Discord’s fault.”


Twilight nodded, “She’s right, Discord corrupted all of us.”


Rainbow Dash wiped the tears from her cheeks and adopted a dark scowl, “That freak is gonna regret ever messing with me and my friends.” she said with a voice that excluded so much menace that Twilight shuddered.


Applejack nodded, “We’re with ya, RD. Let’s go kick some chaotic flank!”


“After we find Fluttershy and Rarity, and stop any minions that Discord might have.” corrected Twilight.


“Yeah! Wait, what do you mean ‘minions’” asked Applejack.


“I’ll tell you on the way.” said Twilight, her left eye twitching.


It was that little twitch that told Applejack that her friend was trying not to panic, though she didn't voice her realization. She knew that she could trust her friend to tell them on the way.


Then the four set off to go find their friends,


228 stared at the Flying Horse.


The Flying Horse stared back at him with big, blue eyes that glistened with the beginnings of fearful tears.


“Hhhh….. hhheello?” he asked, his fetid breath heating the Flying Horse’s face.


The scream that the Flying Horse unleashed sent waves of pain through his sensitive ear-holes, 228 instinctively dropped the Flying Horse with a hiss.


The instant that the Flying Horse landed she leaped back and unfolded her wings, she took several steps back whilst keeping 228 in her line of sight.


She hurt me! he thought angrily as the painful ringing began to subside, I tried to get her help, I carried her and THIS is the thanks I get?!


228 snarled, baring his blade-like teeth and narrowing his eyes to slits.


“What do you want?” asked the Flying Horse, trying to keep the fear from entering her voice and failing spectacularly.


“Wuh-wanted…. *hhhnnnggg*... to help...y-you.” said 228 indignantly, wincing as his long tongue scraped the inside of his fangs.


The Flying Horse’s eyes widened a bit, “W-what? R-really?” she stammered.


“Wanted…. to help…. you.” repeated 228, wondering if the Flying Horse was stupid of deaf.


The Flying Horse looked completely put-off by this. She tried to repeat what he had said, but no sound came out of her mouth, she shook her head, closed her eyes and then opened them, and then bit her lip and looked around at the chaotic town.


Finally she said, “Really?”


228 chuffed and placed his talons to his hips, “Yessss…. *hnnnnnhhh*.... wanted to h-help you. Y-you were…. *hhhssss*.....sssiickk… so I ca-carried you…”


The Flying Horse blinked owlishly before replying in a confused voice, “Oh, I see… well, thank you?”


228 smiled, or at least he tried too, and started to reply, but a noise from at the far end of the road that he was on; it sounded like something running towards him.


He turned around and saw another pony galloping at them: this one had white fur, purple hair and a horn not unlike that of the Purple Horse. 228 also noticed something that he hadn't noticed before: there were a trio of diamonds on her rear.


Why are those there? he wondered, looking away from the White Horse and looking at the Flying Horse, Does she have one, too?


He looked at her rear and saw that she did indeed possess a set of marks, though he had no idea what they were. He reached out and gently picked her up and, ignoring the tiny “Meep!” sound that she made, made to inspect the mark closer.


Then he heard the White Horse shout, “Get away from Fluttershy, you BEAST!!!”

228 turned just in time to be knocked off his feet by a strange, purple light.


The force was strong enough to throw him into a nearby cart, which exploded in a shower of splinters under his weight.


The Regenerator sat up, snarling in pain. He knew that the impact had broken his left arm as well as most of his ribs, he would heal, but it was still painful.


And the pain made 228 angry.


With a predatory growl 228 got to his feet and began to shamble towards the White Horse, who was looking like she regretted the decision to blast the 8-foot-tall, red-eyed, sharp-toothed monster who could regenerate any lost limb with magic that had been mostly used for dressmaking.


The White Horse turned the the Flying Horse and said, ‘Get out of here, Fluttershy. I still have a few tricks up my metaphorical sleeves and I’ll not let that beast lay a single claw on you!”


The Flying Horse- or Fluttershy as her name apparently was- tried to speak, but the White Horse wrapped her in a strange, purple aura and levitated her away from the two.


When Fluttershy was a safe distance away Rarity turned back to the monster and narrowed her eyes at him.


“I don’t know what you were planning on doing to poor Fluttershy and, frankly I don’t want to know. What I do know is that I’m going to kick your ugly flank into the stratosphere or my name isn't Rarity Von Dazzelle Belle the Third!”


The monster unhinged its jaw and roared loud enough to rattle all the windows in the marketplace.


Rarity held a hoof to her muzzle, “Euughh! Have you ever heard of brushing your teeth?”


The monster ignored the comment and started forwards, not hearing Fluttershy’s cries of “Stop it! Please stop it, both of you!”.


A smug smile worked its way onto Rarity’s face as purple light collected around her horn. When the monster was close enough she released her magic and conjured up a very large boulder. I still hate you.she thought, But maybe you’ll at least be useful.


Then she dropped Tom.


The boulder hit the earth with a mighty CRASH!! and began to roll towards the monster.


She remembered her fight with those dreadful diamond dogs. In the fight the dogs acted either cowardly; running away when things got too tough, or they were too stupid to know that they were going to lose against the power of the Elements.


She was expecting the monster to yelp and leap out of the way or just stand there and get hit by Tom.


She most certainly did NOT expect the monster to stop Tom with its bare hands mid-roll!


“Well” she said after gulping, “I think everypony else has said it best when they say ‘Uh-Oh’”


The monster wrapped both of its scaly arms around Tom and lifted it up without a single grunt or groan. The monster raised the boulder over its head and roared at her before hurling Tom straight at her.


Oh dear, I’m gonna be killed by that stupid boulder! she thought as she screamed what she knew would be her last scream before getting smooshed.


“OH NO YOU DON’T!!” shouted a voice from above.


Rarity looked up just in time to see a familiar rainbow-colored blur strike Tom and knock it away from her. The boulder sailed through the air and crashed through a store front.


“Hiya, Rarity!” said Pinkie Pie, appearing behind Rarity without a sound.


“Pinkie? Rainbow Dash? Wh- How…” she stammered for a full minute before turning her attention back to Rainbow Dash, who was darting in between the monster’s strikes, but also avoiding all of hers.


Rarity looked back to Fluttershy, who had a horrified look on her face, “Fluttershy? Are you alright?” she asked, coming closer to the timid pegasus.


“I need to stop this…” she said, stunning Rarity into speechlessness, “ that creature was trying to help me. I-I need to stop this!” and she flew towards the two before Rarity could react.


228’s vision had become like a crimson tunnel and the Stupid Fast Flying Horse was at the other end.


He lashed out again, this time using his elasticity, his talons grazed his foe’s shoulder and drew a hiss of pain.


Good. thought 228, smiling slightly, I’ll teach her to try and hurt me! Then when I’m finished with this one I’ll eat the White Horse!

But the Stupid Fast Flying Horse wasn't giving up so easily. She dodged and darted and zipped through the air, avoiding almost every single one of his attacks, but she hadn't attacked him herself.


No sooner had that realization struck him then his foe launched herself downwards and connected with his sternum. The air left 228’s fanged mouth with a WHOOSH and he doubled over.


The Stupid Fast Flying Horse followed this up by slamming into his back with all four hooves, the weight drove him to his knees and he felt a few of his vertebrae splinter and crack.


Then he heard Fluttershy (at least he thought that was her name.) call out to the Stupid Fast Flying Horse.


“Stop it! Please, Rainbow Dash, stop it!”


“Are you crazy?!” asked the Stupid Fast Flying Horse- or Rainbow Dash as her name seemed to be.


“He was trying to help me…” she said placatingly, alighting on the ground.


Rainbow Dash growled and faced 228 as he stared to get to his feet, “Oh my Celestia, you've been brainwashed and this thing has got to be one of Discord’s henchmen.” she flew closer and pointed at 228’s eyes, “And look at its eyes! They’re all creepy and glowy, I bet that this monster brainwashed Fluttershy.”


Pinkie Pie gasped and raced over to her friend, she produced a penlight from her tail and shined it in Fluttershy’s eyes. After a second she clicked if off and said, “I don’t think so, Dashie. She seems fine to me, maybe the monster’s just misunderstood.”


Dash scoffed and looked back at 228, only to find that he had regained his feet and was now growling at her like an angry panther.


“I think you’re wrong about that whole ‘misunderstood’ thing.” she said as she readied herself for Round 2.


Monster.


That word had sparked a single, misty memory in 228’s mind: he heard that word screamed by a small voice; a small voice belonging to a small human.


I can’t remember who called me that… why can’t I remember?! he thought furiously.


He also felt the emotion that had been attached to that half-memory: sorrow.


The sorrow made his anger burn hotter and he lurched to his feet, growling in rage.


He heard the horses speaking, but couldn't understand the words. It all came out like white noise, meaningless gibberish that made him even angrier.


He lashed out with more speed than even he thought possible, catching Rainbow Dash by the tail and pulling her in. He saw Rarity’s horn light up, he knew that she had some kind of unknown power and didn't wish to go up against her again; so he threw Rainbow Dash as hard as he could.


The Rainbow Horse crashed into Rarity and both of them were flung through a nearby window, he heard a shocked gasp and saw a pink horse gasp and rush to help the two.


There was a sound of fluttering wings distracted him and he turned to find himself face to face with Fluttershy, who was looking thunderous.


“How. Dare. You?” she asked, “I tried to stick up for you and this is how you repay me, by HURTING MY FRIENDS??!!”


228 was about to respond when he looked into her eyes.


The first thing that he felt was the need to apologize profusely, but that was soon drowned out by the intense, painful pressure building up in his head.


He raised his hands to his face in an attempt to block out those piercing, angry eyes, but he found that he couldn't. The pressure continued to build; his head felt like it was about to burst.


C-can’t take much…. more of t-this he thought as tears began to leak from his red and orange eyes…. the pain… oh Lord make it stop!!


“Apologize.” Fluttershy growled, “Now!”


The pain reached an agonizing crescendo, then the dam burst.


Memories, as hot as magma and as cold as ice, flowed back into his mind in a shrieking whirlwind of pain.


He felt humiliation, horror, sorrow, agony, happiness, love, hate, sympathy and many other emotions fill him to overflowing.


With the emotions came pictures of his past: his hometown, his mother and his brother were at the forefront, behind them was every childhood memory, every holiday, every injury, goodnight kiss, late-night reading sessions, school days, every failure and success that he had had in his whole life.


With a scream of pure, unfettered anguish 228 tore his eyes off of Fluttershy’s and bounded away, clawing deep rivets into his flesh, trying desperately to make the pain and horror stop.


But the physical pain did absolutely nothing, 228 kept on screaming and running and clawing away at his flesh.


Fluttershy watched in shocked confusion as the creature fled Ponyville, screaming and howling and scratching at his face, she looked down and saw several small puddles of black blood dotting the ground.


What happened? she thought, My Stare has never made another creature act like that, what did I do wrong?


She stared at the puddles of blood, unblinking, until Applejack dragged her away to help her in assessing and bandaging Rainbow Dash and Rarity's wounds.


But the sight of blood would haunt her nightmares for many nights to come.

Author's Note:

Yay for a new, epic-length chapter :D

Thanks for being patient, but this one was one of the more important scenes that i had come up with, so I hope that you all like it :)

Oh, and I was thinking about another crossover, but it would have to be after March... I hope that I can do it, too. Maybe I'll even get on TVTropes Fanfic Recommendations page! That would be so cool!

Here's a hint about the crossover: It's a crossover with one of the best fantasy/sci-fi TV shows of this decade, besides Game of Thrones, Kyle XY or One Upon a Time.