• Published 14th Apr 2014
  • 5,893 Views, 870 Comments

Regenerator 228 - Hopefullygoodgrammar



A Regenerator enters Equestria during the events of "The Return of Harmony" , bringing with it a whole slew of problems. a crossover with the Resident Evil series.

  • ...
28
 870
 5,893

Growing Ranks

Regenerator 228

Chapter 22

********************************

As the Elements, 228 and Gilda fought the Hunters down below Ponyville, the Leader was using her mind to search across the continent, searching for the others like her.

And she had already found several.

I recognize these creatures. she thought as she surveyed them through her mind’s eye. A garrador, an el gigante, several colmillos, a trio of novastadores and a verdugo.

This last creature surprised the Leader slightly, the verdugo’s were two of the highest-ranking plagas-bearers that there were: they were unbelievably fast, as strong as 10 men and very agile. They were so powerful that Ramon Salazar himself had taken the only two in existence on as his personal bodyguards.

And now there’s one here. thought the Leader, grinning through her vessel, One that I can communicate with.

She concentrated and focused all of her mental powers into a single tendril that slithered invisibly across the land, digging deep into the sewers beneath Canterlot, where the Verdugo had taken refuge.

Hello, my friend. said the Leader, allowing her voice to reach her fellow mutation.

In her mind’s eyes she saw the Verdugo raise its head and narrow its red eyes.

Yes, I’m talking to you. said the Leader.

Who are you? it queried.

I am called the Leader, and I wish to speak with you.

About what? asked the Verdugo.

I wish for you to join me. I aim to purify this world. replied the Leader.

This world is so alien to me, said the Verdugo, and there is no one who can give me orders.

I’m afraid that your masters are far, far away. said the Leader, affecting a sad tone, They are beyond the stars and moons, far beyond the sway of Salazar, Mendez and even Saddler, can’t you feel the void where their voices were?

There was a pause, then the Verdugo said, Yes, they are silent, but how is that possible?

You are in the land of Equestria, my chitinous friend. said the Leader, Here there are no plagas, only the Un-pure.

She heard the Verdugo hiss, Yesss…. I can smell their filthy stench even down here in the deep darkness.

Maybe that’s because you’re in a sewer. thought the Leader with a mental eye-roll, but she digressed and continued.

These ponies have not embraced Us, they remain lost in the darkness, they need salvation, they need Us. So… will you serve me?

The Verdugo went silent, and the Leader could sense its hesitation. The Leader was honestly impressed: even with its limited mental capacity, the Verdugo was actually trying to work out a problem in its head.

The effects that this land has on outsiders is nothing short of phenomenal. mused the Leader, One of these days I’m going to have to test out just how potent the magic of this world is. There might even be a magical source hidden in the deep places of this world.

Then she turned her mind back to the Verdugo.

So… have you made a decision?

Yes said the Verdugo, I will join you.

Thank you. said the Leader, a touch surprised at her own sincerity.

You are… welcome?

The Leader chuckled lightly at the uncertainty in the Verdugo’s voice, That is the right term to use, my new subject.

I see…. these new words are coming to me fast. said the Verdugo, I feel so much…. smarter than I was back on Earth; it is very… worrying.

Don’t worry, my Verdugo. said the Leader, It will all get easier to process as you get smarter.

Oh… all right. said the Verdugo, sounding unsure.

My, my, my, this one might be useful if I can get it-no, her-if I can get her to find me some information.

I have a job for you. said the Leader.

Yes? asked her new subject.


I want you to sneak into the Canterlot library and find me all of the history, strategy and guidebooks that you can. explained the Leader The library is only a few blocks away and night has fallen, so you will be less likely to be seen.



As you wish. said the Verdugo, getting to her feet and crawling to the surface under cover of shadows.

The Leader watched her slip into the shadows and sprint towards the darkened library.

Good luck, my little Verdugo.



Author's Note:

Sorry for the delay, but I'm working on a Hellsing crossover AND the Pony Dreadful 'Verse, so this story will be updating far less frequently, sorry :(

But this story is far from dead, so don't worry :)