• Published 14th Apr 2014
  • 5,893 Views, 870 Comments

Regenerator 228 - Hopefullygoodgrammar



A Regenerator enters Equestria during the events of "The Return of Harmony" , bringing with it a whole slew of problems. a crossover with the Resident Evil series.

  • ...
28
 870
 5,893

Vanished

Author’s Note; I don’t own MLP or RE, see? (Why did I suddenly become Al Capone?)

REGENERATOR 228

Chapter 1


The first thing that Regenerator 228 felt upon awakening for the first time was curiosity.


It knew some things: like Its relative location: a small Island surrounded on all sides by crashing waves and jagged rocks that were close to impossible to navigate to those who were not part of the Los Illuminados. It knew that It was called 228, because the Man in the Robes had called It that when the experimentation had begun.


It knew that there were things squirming in its body because it could feel them and it knew that they were called the Las Plagas because they told it so.


But other than that it was a completely blank slate: it didn't know what its name had been before it had been remade by the Man in the Robes, it didn't know what time of day it was, it didn't know how old it was (a day old, maybe?), it didn't even know what gender it was as a quick look showed only rough, gray skin where its genitals should have been.


228 staggered down the halls of the laboratory where It had been made, Its pulsating gait and rapid, uneven breaths echoing off of the cold steel walls, it approached a glass door that slid open when It came closer, 228 stopped and gazed at the spot where the door had been in wonder.


Where did the door go? it thought to itself as It tentatively reached out with one clawed hand, letting Its spindly, talon-tipped fingers touch the empty air. After a minute the door didn't return and 228 decided that it was okay to step through, the second that Its twisted body was out the door closed, but 228 had stopped caring, it was now much more interested in the scattered machinery that littered the ground in the hallway.


228 looked at the equipment with interest before a flash of red caught Its eye, It staggered closer to get a better look at the thing, it was cylindrical, topped with a hose/lever combo and it was about as long as 228’s forearm, It’s a fire extinguisher. it’s mind supplied the word and 228 wondered what else it knew.


It turned its head and looked back at the freezer that it had awoken in. 228 didn't know what had awoken It, but It was awake now and that was all that mattered.


But what about the others?


The thought came unbidden to 228’s already cluttered mind, the Regenerator looked at the frozen, slack faces of its siblings, Why haven’t they woken up?


ENouGH dawdlinG. hissed the voice of one of the Las Plagas, 228 thought it might have been the one in its stomach.


Why? asked 228, not even trying to talk aloud through the rather gruesome maw that now served as Its mouth, though It did have lips, thin and colorless though they were, It knew that talking would be nearly impossible due to the sheer number of massive fangs crowding Its grey gums.


YoU nEEd to HuNT said the one in his stomach.


YESssS HHuuNTT agreed the one in his lower back.


I CAN SENSE ONE OF THE UNPURIFIED NEARBY. said the one embedded in his mutated spine.

What can I do? It asked.


We HavE puriFIED YOu, said Mr. Gut, yoU aRe StRonGer, FaSter, you caN makE YouR LimBs LonGer and You CaN ReGeneRate any Limb Lost.


228 was about to ask more questions when It heard something: the sound was coming from down the far hall directly ahead of it, 228 cocked Its head and allowed the sound to become clearer: it sounded like footfalls on the concrete.


Hunger welled up in 228’s gut, a kind of hunger that was totally foreign to It, it burned and writhed and made 228 want to scream, the hunger drove It forwards, It’s breaths came out more erratic and It flexed Its clawed fingers, testing their power.


The footfalls grew louder and 228 was able to hear the intruder’s heart beating. When the intruder rounded the corner he stopped cold, 228 could hear his heart start to beat faster, He’s afraid of me. thought 228, feeling excitement bubble up in It’s gut as It began to walk forwards, making It’s pace more even in order to show the intruder who was boss.


As 228 got closer Its enhanced eyesight picked up several notable physical details about the intruder: he was tall, broad-shouldered and physically fit. His blond hair was done in an odd and somewhat silly-looking style and he held a gun at his side. His face showed clear signs of humanity with his normal-colored eyes and square teeth which were bared in a snarl.


228 opened Its mouth gave a snarl of Its own before It stretched out Its arms to nearly twice their length; 228 reveled in the tingling sensation that accompanied this act. 228’s powerful, clawed hands grasped the intruder by the throat and then began to pull.


The intruder leaned all of his weight backwards, leveled the gun at 228’s face and fired with perfect precision.


For a split second 228 wondered if the intruder had missed, but then the bullets hit Its head with such force that the entire upper half was reduced to mush, 228’s arms went slack and fell to the ground as the regenerator slumped to Its knees.


Leon S. Kennedy let out a relieved sigh and was just starting to holster his gun when the body began to move.


As one of the few survivors of the notorious “Raccoon City Incident” he had witnessed the same kind of movements when he had first shot a zombie. He had shot the rotting carcass in the chest with a shotgun and it had been knocked to the ground by the impact, Leon had turned to leave, fancying his job done and knowing that no living human could have survived the attack.


But, as he was about to find out, his assailants weren't living at all.


With a groan the corpse rose to its feet and that was when Leon’s world changed forever.


After that he had learned three very important things about life: the world was full of evil people who would put millions of lives at risk in order to make a quick buck. The things of nightmares didn't always stay confined to the shadows under the bed.


And the dead can only be killed by removing the head or destroying the brain.


But this creature wasn't a zombie, he hadn't even seen a zombie since he arrived at the village, but the new creatures that he had seen where far worse than any of Umbrella’s genetic abominations: parasites turning normal people into bloodthirsty psychopaths, half-invisible insects the size of ponies, giant carnivorous trout and wolves with tentacles.


And now there was this thing with its red eyes, sharp teeth, grey skin and freaky elastic arms.


Leon’s jaw dropped as the creature rose to its feet as the muscle tissue around what remained of the lower jaw expanded and knitted itself back together, within 1 second it had recreated the gums and most of the cheeks, at 2 seconds the eye sockets were completed with the bone of the skull being formed out of seemingly nothing and at 3 seconds the skin, eyes and fangs had reformed completely.

The creature let out a hoarse roar and got to its feet. Leon started to raise his gun again, but the creature was faster than he had anticipated and its loathsome body collided with his own with the force of a cement truck, Leon was hurled to the floor several feet from where he had stood with the creature straddling him; his gun had been knocked out of his hands and was now lying out of his reach.


I hope it doesn't have any extra tricks. thought Leon as his hand went to his knife.


Then the creature unhinged its jaw with a sharp CRACK!


“Aww, shit.” cursed Leon as he yanked the knife free. The creature lunged forwards just as Leon threw himself back, the beast’s steak knife-like teeth snapped shut just an inch from his face, Leon flipped the knife so it was facing up, then he drove the blade into the creature’s sternum. The knife slid between the thing’s ribs all the way to the hilt, but it didn't have much of an effect outside of making the creature roar in pain.

Leon withdrew the knife, the blade now slick with black blood, before ramming it home again. This time the monster’s reaction was much more violent, it reared up and slammed a fist down on the concrete an inch from his head, the blow was strong enough to leave a small crater in its wake.


Leon flipped the knife again and sliced his foe’s wrist, finally the stupid thing got the picture and rolled off of him. Leon leaped to his feet and backed away as the thing followed suit a second later,


Leon took out his Uzi and aimed it at the creature’s stomach, the thing growled and moved forwards.


“I’m gonna kill you, one way or another.” Leon said in his most menacing voice, the creature’s muscles tensed up, it took one step, then two…


Then there was a flash of rainbow colored light and his foe was gone.


Leon stared at the spot where the creature had been, wondering if it was the infection raging through his bloodstream making him hallucinate or some kind of new weapon that Saddler had made being demonstrated.


Or maybe it’s aliens. thought Leon with a small smirk, After all I've been through little green men wouldn't really surprise me.


Then, with a sigh that could only be made by one who had just about enough weird shit for a lifetime, Leon walked down the hallway and picked up his fallen gun and walked away, trying to ignore the spot of incredibly odd good luck he had just received.

Author's Note:

Here ya go guys, a whole new story with a rather... unique protagonist, I hope you enjoyed this chapter and I also hope that you read and review.

Stay tuned for more :D