• Published 14th Apr 2014
  • 1,049 Views, 12 Comments

The Trotting Dead - ZombieBrony22



The dead trot again... The fate of Equestia rests in the hooves of the Princess and her friends - old and new.

  • ...
 12
 1,049

Chapter 1: The Begining of The End

SPIKE'S P.O.V

I started packing and double - checking. Finally some quality time with my friends since she became princess! I cannot wait until they show up! An hour later we arrived in Canterlot. No pony was there. We all were shocked to believe it. This place was usually buzzing with ponies, it felt creepier knowing no pony was where they always are. We looked for help, we found a house with ponies in it.

We knocked. When some pony answered they told us to hurry in.

"Who are you ponies?" One of the two said. The other pony recognized us.

"Wait, are you- oh, thank Celestia you all showed up! Things pretty were satanic around here." He said. We asked their names.

"Name's Red. The taller unicorn's Matt." Red said.

"What the hay's going on here?" Rainbow Dash asked.

"Wait a minute, you don't know?" Matt said.

"Don't know what?" Twilight asked.

"There were rumors from the residents that some infection was goin' around. Less people were out, strange behavior, more sick ponies around. We decided to find what was going on. Then these THINGS tried to eat us. We found shelter in here and went in." Red said.

"So, when we came in to this fire station, we saw some pony get eaten outside. Some time later the eaten pony woke up all rotten and trotted like these things out there." Matt said. So a Zombie Outbreak? Some bonding day.

A moan came from the door. "Go, get weapons, we'll cover you!" Matt said

We all looked for anything that we could find. All we found were a hammer, heavy pipe, fire axe, peice of glass, baseball bat, a folded up scroll, 6 nails, and duct tape. The others turned the newspaper and nails into nailed paper knuckles for me. They were cheap, but AWESOME!

As for the others they used what they got: Twilight used the hammer, Applejack used the pipe, Rainbow Dash used the axe, Rarity used the bat, and Pinkie used the glass while Fluttershy flew so they can't do anything to her. ( It was that or dying scared to death.) When we arrived near the castle we saw dozens of corpses trotting slowly. They were eating a few guards, I can only imagine their screams of pain.

"Sweet. Celestia." I responded. We moved on and they moved faster - we still outran them but barely. We stopped for a breath.

"So, we ahrrahved fo' quality tahme and a group of those THINGS almost ATE us?!" Applejack blurted in fear.

"We need to get the hay out of town and meet with Celestia and see if she knows anything about this." Twilight responded.

"I don't" a voice said.

"Princess Celestia!" I exclaimed.

"We found a group of ponies with a major sickness and we couldn't help, 2 minutes later those ponies were dead. Then they came back and ate a medic, then 1 minute later he bit his assistant. It spread like wild fire in 3 days!" Celestia responded.

"What do we do now?" I asked.

"There are ponies who survived these Trotters." Celestia responded.

"What about my brother?" Twilight asked.

"He was in the Crystal Empire the last time we heard from him." Celestia responded

"Oh." Twilight said.

We heard a growl and we ran as fast as we could and a horde showed up!

"Spike, hide!" Twilight said.

I hid where a Trotter grabbed me! I used my nail'd knuckles in his head: They worked. It fell to the ground with 3 holes in it's head as I crawled out.

"SPIKE, are you okay, did it bite you?!" Twilight asked. I shook my head as we walked towards the exit, we left the city and got on a train. As we arrived in Ponyville a Trotter grabbed me- again! it pulled me off the train!

"SPIKE! NO!" Twilight said as she grabbed the hammer.

TWILIGHT'S P.O.V

It took him, he was possibly eaten or dead or worse! I never forgave myself for what happened. My friends tried to comfort me.

"M- Maybe he made it out." Fluttershy said.

"He would want you to move on." Pinkie said.

"Try to think of something else." Rainbow Dash said.

"He is a strong little dragon. I'm sure he made it." Rarity said.

"Oh, he made it out! He's maybe looking fo' us raht now." Applejack said.

"Look, he's just a baby dragon forced to fend for himself! Do you know what that means?!" I asked. I went to the castle sobbing in my bed. I could've done something! I could've blasted that freak! But I didn't, I stood there!

Meanwhile I heard about a meeting in the middle of town. I decided to go. The meeting was on this infection and what they can do if it spreads.

"They'll kill ALL of us if we don't barricade Ponyville!" One pony said.

We were all panicking and chattering. After the meeting, we decided to lock our doors, set up gates, and find weapons. I'm only worried about Spike... I hope he made it out. Although It's doubtful, I pray to Celestia that he escaped. I will live to the end of this nightmare, for him... No matter what the hay this infection throws at me and Ponyville, let be a new virus mutation, or my death, trust me... these things are going PAY!

SPIKE'S P.O.V

I thought I was dead! I opened my eyes to see three strangers dragging me away. I regained my senses to see a camp in the Everfree Forest. Honestly this is nothing compared to what I saw today... "Hello?" I asked.

"Sweet Celestia! One of those corpses still alive!" Somepony said. I was pulled out of a pile of rotten limbs and corpses.

"You alright?" the stranger asked.

I nodded my head. "Okay, good. name's Dave" Dave said.

"I'm Spike. How long was I asleep?" I asked.

"Only an hour or two. We saw you get bitten..." Dave said.

"What?" I asked. Then I looked at my arm and saw a bite! "How much time do I have?" I asked

"You would've turned by now." Dave said. "We think you're immune to this virus. There's a laboratory in Manehatten. We saw your friends ride to Ponyville. We can get them and go to the lab and make a cure. ALL of us!" Dave planned.

Seeing no other choice, I agreed to go with the group back home. I met the others. Matt and Red were there to. We started to pack up for the long trip. We were at the end of the forest, 150 miles away from home! We'll get there! Hopefully all of us...

Author's Note:

NEXT TIME ON THE TROTTING DEAD: Another beggar shot in the face, I know she misses him... She's crushed!

2021: *Gasp* Ooh, I actually liked doing this! Giving little teases to what came up next in the story. Too bad it ended with this story, though-- and that I usually didn't follow through on them. But hey-- another improvement with grammar, to the point that I feel confident in not skimming through it again. That aside, YEESH, I change perspectives a lot! I'll try to help the pacing in these notes, but there's so much I can do without editing the story, which isn't what republishing them is about. In Not-So-Little-Me's defense, at least he stuck to two P.O.V's here, as opposed to 5 or more.