• Published 14th Apr 2014
  • 1,041 Views, 12 Comments

The Trotting Dead - ZombieBrony22



The dead trot again... The fate of Equestia rests in the hooves of the Princess and her friends - old and new.

  • ...
 12
 1,041

Chapter 24: Abuse

CAROL'S P.O.V

I went to say hi to Scootaloo when I saw her at the door.

"Hey, are you Carol?" She asked.

"Yeah. You're Scootaloo, right?" I asked her.

"Yeah, that's me."

"Well, what do you need?" I asked.

"I just wanted to talk." Scootaloo said.

As she walked in, I noticed a limp and a deep bruise on her foreleg.

"Are you okay?" I asked.

Scootaloo them quickly turned around.

"Y-yeah, I just to in a scooter accident, that's all." She said quickly.

We took a seat and I offered her a drink.

"So, how did this scooter accident happen?" I asked her.

"W-well, I just wasn't looking when I should've." Scootaloo said.

"And it made you limp?" I asked.

Scootaloo stood in confusion and then shock.

"Well... it sprained my hindleg, that's all." Scootaloo said.

"Scootaloo... I don't think I beleive you." I said to her.

Scootaloo stood in fear at me.

"What?" I asked

"Why do you need the guns inside the walls?" Scootaloo asked suddenly.

"Well... just in case things go bad and we need to protect ourselves." Carol said.

"C-can I have a gun?" Scootaloo asked.

"Why?" I asked.

Scootaloo didn't even answer as she ran out the door.

"Scootaloo!" I called out.

She was gone.

TWILIGHT'S P.O.V

I was walking to the town hall when Carol caught up with me.

"Have you seen Scootaloo anywhere? She just took off and I'm worried about her." Carol said.

"Yeah, I saw her go to that old house down the street, why?" I asked her.

Carol got to my eye level.

"She asked me for a gun. I think I know why. I want to see her parents." Carol said to me.

"I'll talk to them." I said to her.

"Thank you." Carol said.

I walked up to the house and knocked. Who answered was a stallion with a slightly scraggly mane.

"Who are you?" The stallion asked.

"My name is Twilight, I came here because somepony was worried about Scootaloo. Can I see her?" I asked.

"She can't come out right now..." The stallion said.

"Well, is she okay?" I asked.

"Why wouldn't she be?" The stallion asked.

As he closed the door, I could've sworn I heard a faint cry for help...

RICK'S P.O.V

After talking to Carl, I was ready to see Celestia when Carol came to me.

"What is it?" I asked.

"It's Scootaloo. That girl who was friends with Rainbow Dash." Carol said.

"What about her?" I asked.

"It's her father. I think he's hurting her." Carol said.

"How do you know? Did she tell you?" I asked.

"She didn't need to tell me. She came in with a sprained foreleg, said it was an accident. But then she asked for a gun, before I could ask why, she bolted. You're gonna have to kill him." Carol said.

"We don't know that yet." I said.

Then, Twilight ran in.

"Scootaloo, she's hurt. We need to talk to her father, soon." Twilight said.

"First, how's Glenn?" I asked her.

"He'll live. His eye had to be removed, and he has serious head trauma. But he should be okay." Twilight said.

"We need Daryl. He could help stop this." I said.

SPIKE'S P.O.V

I was walking down the road when I saw Scootaloo walk near me with a black eye and a bruised throat.

"Scootaloo, are you alright?" I asked her.

She must've ignored me as she kept on walking.

"Scootaloo, you need to go to the imfirmary. You might have a broken bone or something." I said trying to stop her.

Then, Carol, Twilight, and Rick came running down.

"Scootaloo, what happened?" I asked her.

She didn't answer and Carol came down first.

"Scootaloo, we know what's happening to you." Carol said.

Scootaloo turned to us with tears in her eyes.

"So what?" Scootaloo said with her voice cracking.

"So we want to help you." Rick said.

"You can't, Rick. No-one can." Scootaloo said.

"But let us try. At least go to the infirmary and be honest." Rick said to her.

I could see Dewy running down the hill.

"I heard, is she--" Dewy stopped once he saw Scootaloo.

"I saw my mother like that once... Guess who did it to her? Her husband, and my father: Peter Anderson... I know what this feels like. You need help to get away from him. Please, let us." Dewy said to her.

"...Okay. When will you do it?" Scootaloo asked.

"As soon as we can." Carol said.

2 HOURS LATER

CAROL'S P.O.V

Me and Dewy went to confront Scootaloo's father and convince her to let us take Scootaloo. I went up and I told Dewy if it goes bad, grab Scootaloo and take her to the infirmary. I walked up and knocked on the door.

"It's open!" Scootaloo's father called.

I walked in and saw that the inside was prettier than the outside.

"I need to talk to Scootaloo. It's pretty urgent." I said.

"She's in her room. Upstairs, the first door on the right." The stallion said.

I walked up when I looked back.

"And by the way, let go of the good-guy charm. I still remember yesterday." I said walking up.

I went to Scootaloo's room and found her on the bed looking out her window.

"Scootaloo?" I whispered not to be heard downstairs.

"Yeah?" She whispered back.

"Let's go. Rick will come in and talk to him." I said to her.

I then heard someone knocking.

"Come in!" Scootaloo's father said.

Rick walked in and said they needed to talk.

"I never got your name." Rick asked.

"Home Run. And you're Rick, one of the other-worlders. It's nice to finally meet you. What are you doing here?"

"I'm here to talk about your daughter. We all know you've been hurting her. I'm here on reports to take her out of your custody." Rick said boldly.

"E-excuse me?" Home Run asked.

Then me and Scootaloo walked down.

"You're in on this aren't you?" Home Run asked Scootaloo.

"I asked her. I had as much right to as you have the right to be a father." I said boldly.

"I should beat both of you. Until you throats are near your tongues!" Home Run screamed.

"Home Run, me, her, and Carol are gonna leave now." Rick said.

"You think you have a say in this? You think you're the law?! You think you have a say in anything around here?! Who the hay do you think you are?!" Home Run hollered.

"Someone's who trying not to kill you!" Rick said.

Home Run then whamed Rick in his cheek.

"Stop now." Rick said.

Regardless, Home Run punched Rick in his stomach. Rick threw a punch on his jaw and Home tackled him out the window. I ran out back and told Dewy to take Scootaloo to the infirmary.

"No. I need to stop him." Scootaloo said racing around the house and into the street.

I ran close behind and saw Rick pinning Home to the ground. But Home swung him around and started to strangle him. Scootaloo ran in and pushed Home off. Home then swung his hoof at Scootaloo, slamming her to the ground.

"NO!" Spike screamed and lunged on Home.

Spike then started clawing his stomach, trying to get him off Rick. But instead, Spike ended up on top of Home, clawing and biting him off Rick.

"Get off of me!" Home cried.

Instead, Spike started biting deeper into his shoulder. Rick ended up getting the upper hand and started strangling Home. At the last moment, he stopped and Home fell unconsious.

"Are you okay?" Rick asked Spike.

"I'm fine. How about Scootaloo?" Spike asked.

"I'm okay. Thank you." Scootaloo said.

Then, Twilight came running down.

"What happened?" She asked.

"It's my father. He attacked Rick. I tried to stop him..." Scootaloo said.

Then, Nurse Redheart came out.

"What happened?" Rick asked.

"It's Glenn. He's awake."

Author's Note:

NEXT TIME ON THE TROTTING DEAD: I stood at the door waiting for Glenn to walk out. I placed my head against the wall and listened.

"Where are we?" I heard Glenn ask.

"You're safe. We're back home at Equestria." Rick said.

"What's... Equestria?"

2021: PONY-HUMAN THROWDOWN! Man, I could've been more creative with that! Let's just hope PETA doesn't take this too offensively. Also, fun fact, there was a chapter coming up that I cut out, mostly because it was just too pointlessly brutal. It was essentially about Scootaloo torturing her father for the abuse he dealt out to her, and it was rather pointless as well as WAY OOC.