• Published 14th Apr 2014
  • 1,040 Views, 12 Comments

The Trotting Dead - ZombieBrony22



The dead trot again... The fate of Equestia rests in the hooves of the Princess and her friends - old and new.

  • ...
 12
 1,040

Chapter 18: Battle

DARYL'S P.O.V

Me, Aaron, Abraham, Rosita, and Morgan were caught in the middle of the herd, with only a table keeping 50 Walkers out there.

"Now what?" Morgan asked.

"We need to leave. Find the others and go." Aaron suggested.

"First, we need to find--" I was interrupted by whimpers.

"Gabriel?" I called.

"Go. I cannot live on here like this." He said.

"No. You need to help us. You can't hide much longer." Rosita said.

"You know I can't fight. I just... can't." Gabriel said.

"You have to. It's no choice." Morgan said to him.

"Take this." I gave him his machette from the church.

As he grabbed it, Zecora entered the back.

"We need to go."

"That wasn't a rhyme... Didn't Twi say you always spoke rhymes?" I asked.

"That was then. Let's go."

We ran out the door to see about 50 Walkers clawing through the walls. I pulled out my crossbpw and started shooting. Zecora used her spear and decapitated Walkers left and right. Morgan used his staff and swung it at 2 Walkers. Gabriel slashed at a Walker near him. He then started to take out more and more of them. By the time we were done, we saw 60 corpses on the ground and our weapons covered in blood.

"Let's go." I said.

RICK'S P.O.V

We were keeping the town on our right shoulder and the outside on our left. I was keeping an eye on Twilight. I trusted her at first, but after the piles, how can I?

"Don't throw our people in there. Or anyone you lose from this. We bury them or burn them like people." I said to her.

"Look, I'm sorry about Tyreese. But he's gone. You need to let go and move on. It makes you weak. Weakness gets you and others killed." Twilight said.

"You're no worse than Carver. Killing because you think they're weak." Clementine said.

"Look, we have a code here. If you don't like it, there's always Adagio's code."

"I'd rather this place. But we're gonna change it. All of us." I said to her.

"How?" She asked.

I opened my mouth to answer, but I heard slashing and a crossbow.

"That's them, let's go." I said.

We ran to see Daryl, Abraham, Rosita, Morgan, and Gabriel walking through a massive corpse pile.

"Where's Carl?" Daryl asked.

"He's in the hospital with AJ and those two girls." I said.

"Can you trust 'em?" Abraham asked.

"Yeah. They seem bad, but they come around." Norman said.

"He's right. It's Adagio you should be worried about." Dewy said.

"Yeah. He's right. You have no idea what she's capable of..." Norman said.

"We can talk 'bout it later. Now, we gotta get the others and kill these Walkers." Daryl said.

"Yeah. After though, we need to talk..." I said.

"Now, where's Spike?" Zecora asked.

"Here." Spike came running in panting from exhaustion.

"Okay, Glenn and the others went underground. Sasha and the snipers are shooting Trotters near them. Carl is in the hospital. We need to split up. Our gunmen go protect the hospital." Twilight said.

Daryl, Abraham, Paul, Deanna, Holly, Rosita, and Dewy went to the hospital.

"The rest of us, Morgan, Spike, Rick, Celestia, and I will go find the others. Let's move!" Twilight said.

GLENN'S P.O.V

I was with Eugine and Tara circling Ponyville's sewage system.

"What Twilight did... I can't even imagine that being me; just accepting going back out there." I said.

"I know. I get what he did wasn't good, but that was not cool." Tara said.

Eugine just stayed silent and held on to his gun.

"Are you two okay?" I asked.

"He saved me. I covered him and we both escaped." Tara said.

"Wow..." I said, awestruck at Euguine.

We moved on until we saw an opening and heard Twilight talking to Rick. We called out and Rick came running down.

"Glenn, thank God." Rick said.

"Where's Maggie?" I asked.

"I last saw her with Beth in the hospital. We need to take out the remaining Walkers." Rick said to me.

"Yeah. Just get us out." I said.

With that, Twilight blasted at the bars and we were able to get out.

"Let's go." Rick said to me.

We saw a street of 30 Walkers and 5 Runners pouncing near us.

"Let's go!" Twilight said disintegrating a Runner.

With that, the war was on. Rick fired his gun at the 3 Runners while I swung my baseball bat at them. Tara fired her SMG and Eugine fired his pistol. It took a while, but in the end, those 30 Walkers were on the ground.

"Wait, hear that?" Daryl asked.

Silence.

I chuckled and said, "No more Walkers. We did it."

Cheers came and the survivors in the hospital came flooding out.

We did it...

RICK'S P.O.V

I saw the corpses, I saw the blood, I saw them.

"Good job." I said.

Then, I remembered.

"Carl! Oh, my God." I ran into the hospital.

I ran into Carl's room to see AJ sitting with Judith and Redheart placing a bandage on his eye.

"Thank you... Thank you..." I said starting to break down in tears of joy.

We did it...

TWILIGHT'S P.O.V

I saw the people start charging out and Lee and Clem talking to each other. Rick walked forward with tears in his eyes and a smile on his face.

"Everyone," the crowd went silent.

"My son is alive. My daughter... is alive. I thank you all for that. I saw the gates, they were open. No guards were there. Adagio must've dropped these Walkers off to scare us off. But that's not gonna happen. She will continue to hunt us. She will. But we're gonna hunt them. We can't kill ourselves for the greater good because we are the greater good. Twilight, you're wrong. Wrong about what it means to survive. You can't be strong, or weak. You can be alive! We are ALIVE! That's what matters now. Clem, you said Carver killed to prove he was strong. We need to be human. Otherwise, we are nothing. Otherwise, WE ARE THE TROTTING DEAD!"

Author's Note:

2021: Whoop, whoop! I did it, I did the epic line. But geez, a lot of lists of characters I'm writing out, almost like that was so not-so-little-me can remember who's going to be at a certain scene coming up soon...