• Published 14th Apr 2014
  • 1,041 Views, 12 Comments

The Trotting Dead - ZombieBrony22



The dead trot again... The fate of Equestia rests in the hooves of the Princess and her friends - old and new.

  • ...
 12
 1,041

Chapter 12: Dawn

FLUTTERSHY'S P.O.V

Tyreese's funeral was short, similar to Rainbow Dash's. Except for the fact that Rick and his people were striken the most this time and Daryl wasn't as broken. Sasha was this time.

"Bye big brother..." She whispered to his grave.

Afterwards, Twilight approached me.

"At the run, she muttered something about Spike and somepony else, do you know who, by any chance?"

"No." I said.

"Well, I've been thinking. You and Spike spend a lot of time together, by any chance, did you see Rarity go off around you?"

"What are you saying?" I asked.

"I think Rarity thought you like Spike."

"What? No! Sure, I like him as a friend but not like that!" I said.

"Well, Rarity didn't see it that way."

"So you're telling me that Rarity betrayed us in vain?" Spike asked out of the blue.

"Yes, I'm sorry..." Twilight said.

"I'm gettin' sick of this crap! First Lily, then Arvo, now THIS?" Kenny said.

"Now what? We know what happened and what's going on, so now what?" Rick asked.

"First, we find Tyreese, then we go to Earth to see CHS, then, we take out Adagio." Twilight said.



1 1/2 YEARS AGO

*****'S P.O.V

It's been 3 weeks since my refugee camp was overrun. It's like a plauge, they wiped out my camp without hesitation. They just came in like a tsunami. Now I saw a small group of 2 cars. Might have something good on them.

Oh, no. They saw me.

"Hey, are you friendly?" A loud voice asked.

"Sonata! Not so loud!" A scratchy voice said.

"Depends on your term for 'friendly'." I answered.

"Alive and sane." A figure said leaving the car and walking from the shadows.

"Yeah." I said.

The figures then holstered their weapons.

"Good. Well, I'm Adagio. Who are you?"

"...I'd prefer to keep my name to myself for now." I said.

"Okay then. This is Aria and Sonata. I'm Adagio."

"Good seeing new people." Aria said.

"Yeah. 'Sup?" Sonata asked.

I decided I should ask.

"Do you have a camp?"

"Yes. Why?" Adagio asked.

"Do you take people in?" I asked.

"Yes. People are pretty much how we get stronger." Adagio said.

"Can I join?"

"First, you need to awnser some questions." Adagio said.

"What are they?" I asked.

"How many people are with you?"

"Just me."

"How did you survive?"

"At a refugee camp. It got overrun 3 weeks ago."

"Sorry to hear that. How many Eaters have you killed?"

"36." I awnsered.

"Well, if you want to join, hop in the back." Adagio said.

I then hopped on as we drove to the camp. A big warehouse with corpses, fences, and concrete barriers.

"Oh, that? We can never be too secure." Aria said.

"Okay. How about the rest of the fields?" I asked.

"Off limits to workers, but a playground for the supply runners and Eaters to kill each other in." Adagio said.

"Workers?" I asked.

"Well, the people we rescued choose between workers or supply runners. Workers do things like build the walls or clean clothes. Supply runners are self-explainatory."

"Those who don't make a choice?" I asked.

"For them, it's out the doors or guard duty." Aria said.

I could get used to that. Maybe...

"How about anything else?" I asked.

"Well, we could use a general for the supply runners. But, we need to know your name if you're going to stay here." Adagio said.


PRESENT DAY

SPIKE'S P.O.V

Me and Sweetie Belle were walking towards Luna's grave.

"Matt saved my life. I can't believe he did this..." I said.

"Just proves you shouldn't trust everypony you come across." Sweetie Belle said in a cold tone.

"Yeah. But, now we know who was giving New Canterlot our supplies." I said.

"Yeah... Yeah." Sweetie Belle said weakly.

"Hey, I miss her too. But you need to let go and move on. This will consume you, it will. I know what Twilight did while I was gone." I said.

"She shot anypony who got an inch close to the walls."

"I know." I said.

"She raided small camps for supplies."

"I know.

"She locked the gates and let entire families get devoured and got added to the gut piles. And you could FORGIVE her?!" Sweetie Belle said with her voice cracking and eyes watering.

"I know. I forgave her because of that. She needed help, she needed to let go. And she did." I said.

Then, I saw two figures approach us.

Oh, no.

I drew my gun.

"Keep your distance or I'll shoot!" I said.

"Easy, easy. We're alone."

"Where's the other one?" I asked.

"On Earth still. Look, we have bad news. We'll be willing to tell you. Just, put the gun down."

I slowly holstered my gun.

"Come back with us. What're your names again?" I asked.

"I'm Aria and this is Sonata. You're Spike, right? Man, you look different when you're not a dog." Sonata said as we walked back to the castle.

I saw Twilight approach me.

"What is it?" She asked.

"I think we have a little problem." They walked behind me.

I saw her horn flow with aura and her knife move up its sheath slightly.

Author's Note:

NEXT TIME ON THE TROTTING DEAD: Rick looked at the pictures from Aria and Sonata. I came over to look and what I saw were walls of corpses and fences, camps burning with sign saying 'YOU'RE NEXT' in blood, and a baseball bat wrapped in barbed wire with the words 'Lucille' on the side.

"Did anyone see anythang?" Rick asked as he walked towards the doors.

"We don't know how or when, but they're comin' for us." Rick said as he grabbed his machette and Python.

2021: Hey, nice typos, there, bud-- Grammarly's really hating me right about now. Furthermore, that was a bit of a pathetic reason Rarity went bad, not-so-little-me. Why not actually follow through with that romance? But meh, whatever. Also.... *sigh* Dewy Decimal, one of my first OC's. And hey, fellow Dazzling-stans, get ready to be pleased! But also disappointed-- something in between those two emotions.