• Published 14th Apr 2014
  • 1,022 Views, 12 Comments

The Trotting Dead - ZombieBrony22



The dead trot again... The fate of Equestia rests in the hooves of the Princess and her friends - old and new.

  • ...
 12
 1,022

Chapter 3: S.O.S

*****'S P.O.V

This is a message for all remaining survivors. You are being fooled when SHE says it was a bandit ambush. It's really an assault, by Canterlot... What was left became New Canterlot, ruled by a family member of HERS. Now, prepare for the end Equestra. They grow every day. Now, the end has come... The dead don't kill their own, it's the living you gotta fear. The ponies I used to call FRIENDS! Now some bird is helping...

TWILIGHT'S P.O.V

I asked Celestia for help. She told me to focus on the positive things, not the negative. I should thank him, he helped me see my inner demons. Thanks to him, I am back to normal. I'm going to use the radio for the shunned survivors.

"All survivors, the gates are OPEN. Now you can come to Ponyville." I said as some ponies were chattering.

I heard Charles say "How-"


CHARLES'S P.O.V

I saw her use the radio for the survivors, the ponies came in and were bewildered. As was I, I ask my same question from a week ago. Why? Was it because of me? Was it from the muttering of ponies? What about my friends?

I don't know, all I know is that she is back to normal, let's hope she stays that way. Please...

SPIKE'S P.O.V

We are almost to Canterlot and we are all okay. Zecora is doing well with her spear, we however, don't have good weapons. Only a baseball bat, .22 with no ammo, and a railroad spike. We are in the train heading to a station to refuel and find food. I saw Ponyville and remembered the promise the group made.

"As soon as we find more weapons, we will find your friends." Was what Red said 3 months ago.

Now we are all at the Dodge Junction Station with no fuel. We saw a camp hidden in a city.

"Hi there, you friendly?" Matt asked.

"Yeah. You with New Canterlot?" A pegasus asked.

"No, why?" I asked.

"Wait, you're tellin' me y'all don't know?" a unicorn asked us.

"Know what?" Zecora asked.

"For a while, Celestia and the others tried to keep order and friendship for a while. Then some family member overthrew them and took Canterlot to himself." The unicorn said.

Family member? Who would do such a thing as to overthrow his family like that?

Before I can ask more, the pegasus's head exploded. He got shot.

"WE HAD A DEAL!" a pony in a ski mask yelled.

"Oh, Celestia. Get in the train." Matt said.

As we got in, the pegasus grabbed a bow and started shooting the bandits with Matt. Celestia bless her. Matt told her we needed gasoline for Canterlot in the train.

"You can't go there." She said.

"What? Why?" Matt said.

"Canterlot was overthrown like Doug said. What you DON'T know is if anypony enters, they die there." the pegasus said.

"What do you mean?" I asked.

"No - pony can enter without permission or just generosity. Once you do, they turn you to a killing machine! Not showing mercy to ANY PONY! Not even your family!" the pegasus said.

"Celestia help us. By the way, what is your name?" Matt asked.

"My name is Carly." she said.

"I'm Spike, the unicorn with the workbench cutie mark is Red, the other one with the fire cutie mark is Matt, and the zebra is Zecora." I said.

"So, if we can't go to Canterlot for weapons, now what?" Red asked.

"I say we must go, to stop this like so." As she slashed a Trotter's head with her spear.

"We are friendly ponies, we can't kill each other for freedom!" Carly stated. "We'll be no different from THEM!"

As we brought gasoline to the train, I hoped that we'll survive and keep our ponydom.

TWILIGHT'S P.O.V

I was in the castle with the others talking about my condition.

"Did you just wake up Twi?" Rainbow Dash asked.

"Yes and no. I see my mistakes and will try to stop." I said.

"You can't just change Twilight." Pinkie said surprisingly serious.

"Discord did. So can I." I said trying to stay calm.

Remember, think of the positive.

"I believe in you Twilight." Fluttershy said calmly.

"Thanks." I responded.

"Yeah, Ah knew you'll come around!" Applejack said.

"Yes, I hoped, and now we can be ourselves again." Rarity said.

Now we need to focus on bringing friendship back. After all, it IS my role in Equestria. As we walked out we saw a horde near the gates!

"FIRE!" I called to the sniper guards.

They were able to take all but one out. I jabbed its head with my horn and I disposed of it. Now my friends are readying defense upgrades such as generators, barbed wire, and more Trotter corpses to make us 'invisible' to the Trotters. Now that it's over, Ponyville is making weapons such as a branch and railroad spike scythe. Some ponies' imaginations these days.

CELESTIA'S P.O.V

I need to warn them all. I saved my cousin in Aguastria and am now heading to Ponyville to warn Princess Twilight. Now we can't escape The Purge, may HE burn with the dead Trotters. Because of him, me and my sister and niece are NOTHING!

Author's Note:

NEXT TIME THE TROTTING DEAD: We are heading to Canterlot NOW! I can't believe he's alive after all this time... I can't wait to see him again. Wait, I saw something in the field.

2021: Gee, way to show a great redemption arc, not-so-little-me. But that aside, we're at five perspective shifts, and most of which are hardly a paragraph long! I would admit that changing perspectives in a chapter was something I liked to do for quite a while, something that I just recently realized wasn't that smart, at least not the rate I was doing it. But New Canterlot, everybody! The antagonists that I probably should've stuck with...