• Published 14th Apr 2014
  • 1,040 Views, 12 Comments

The Trotting Dead - ZombieBrony22



The dead trot again... The fate of Equestia rests in the hooves of the Princess and her friends - old and new.

  • ...
 12
 1,040

Chapter 16: No Way Out

SPIKE'S P.O.V

We heard the screams from inside the walls. We ran to see a HERD of Trotters walking in.

"What do we do?" Sweetie Belle asked.

"We need to find the others. Glenn and his crew." I said.

As if on que, Glenn, Eugine, Tara, and Flim came walking up.

"Where's Noah?" I asked.

"Ask Flim." Glenn said.

"I- I just panicked." Flim sputtered.

"It doesn't matter now. We need to gather the others and get out of town." I said.

"There's no getting through that. We just need to wait and hope it'll pass by." Glenn said.

We then heard more screams.

"Okay, maybe not. We need to stick to the roofs. Hopefully Sasha can help kill them." Glenn said.

"No. I'm not waiting this out." I said walking forward.

"No, you can't." Glenn said.

"I can't get infected." I told him.

"No, but you can still die." Glenn said.

"My family is in there!" I said.

"So is mine. We need to plan this out." Glenn said.

TWILIGHT'S P.O.V

I found Celestia and freed the prisoners.

"Don't make me regret this." I said coldly.

"You won't." Dewy said as he grabbed his shotgun.

"He's right. We can fight this." Paul said with his sword.

"We need to find Spike." I said.

"I saw him last outside the walls." Celestia said.

"Let's go." Twilight said.

"But how about the others?" Dewy asked.

"They're either lost or hiding. I know them." I said.

"You guys go. We got the others." Paul said.

We ran outside the walls to see Spike with Glenn and the others.

"Where's Noah?" I asked Glenn.

"Flim left him for Trotters."

I glared at him to make sure he was telling the truth.

"It's true."

I handed him a rucksack and pointed away from the walls.

"What was that?" Glenn asked.

"Exile. We can't have cowards with us. If we do, they would've changed by now. He didn't, but he will. Alone." I said coldly.

Then, we saw Sunset and Flash run in.

"You're okay?" Flash asked.

"Yeah. Could be worse." I replied.

"How about this herd? There's no escaping this." Glenn said.

"We're boxed in!" Celestia said.

"We need to leave." Dewy whispered.

"Relax! We can get out of this." I said trying to calm them down.

"What can you do? We have over a thousand Trotters on us. And to top it all off, more are coming." Spike said.

"We need to stay underground. Try that way. The gut trick won't work on this many." Sunset said.

"We go in groups. Glenn, Tara, Eugine. Go underground, through the tunnels. Others could be there. The rest of us are going to the rooftops. Let's move!" I ordered.

RICK'S P.O.V

I ran to Sweet Apple Achres to see it almost overrun.

"Carl! AJ! Are you okay?!" I called.

"We're fine! Listen, there's a way through the back. It's less crowded. You should be able to make it!" AJ suggested.

I snuck to the back to see about 20 Trotters and Runners riled up. I grabbed my axe, ready to use the guts. I grabbed a straggler and sliced his skull. I struck his stomach and rubbed the guts on a blanket big enough for me. I cut a hole big enough to stuff my head through. I then rubbed guts on my face, careful not to get any in my eyes or mouth. I got up and snuck my way through the herd to my son. I saw AJ, him, Clementine, Norman, and the Dazzlings in the corner.

"Where's Judith?" I asked.

"Right here." Carl showed me her safe in bed.

"Good. How do we get out of this?" AJ asked me.

"We need to cover ourselves in the guts. Even her." I said.

"How about us?" Aria asked suddenly behind us.

I finally noticed her burnt face. Half of it like one of the Walkers on the asphalt back in Atlanta.

"Don't count me out." Sonata said with an AK-47 ready to fire.

"No noise!" I said sharply.

Sonata lowered the gun with a gloomy expression on her face.

"Alright. We should go outside the walls. I saw Spike and Sweetie Belle there." Carl said.

"Sure. First, we need to find the others." I said.

"We need to gather all of the supplies, too. Can you also cut these ropes off?" Aria asked.

I walked with my knife and swiped up on the ropes.

"We need to get up high. Either take them out, or go to the others." Sonata said.

"She's right. We go to the roofs and snipe these Trotters." Aria said.

"We split up. Carl, Norman, AJ, and Celestia are with me. Aria, Sonata, if ANYTHING happens to her, I WILL KILL YOU." I said to them.

"Okay. We'll take care of her." Aria said surely.

They ran for the roofs and dropped the ladder. I felt a great sense of doubt as I turned away.

"You can trust them. I promise." Norman said.

We grabbed a few Walkers for chopping. Norman and Clementine showed almost no concern. As for Carl, he had a few doubts, but he did it.

"We're ready." Clem said coldly.

We walked out sticking to the wall. We saw the gates just a few feet away. But then, we heard gunshots.

"I'll cover you!" Mayor Mare said as she fired rapidly.

Walkers swarmed her and tore her apart. She kept firing until her gun ran out of ammo.

"Carl, let's go." I said.

I received no response.

"Rick... Oh, my God..." Clem whispered.

I turned around to see a gaping hole where Carl's right eye used to be.

Author's Note:

2021: Hey, one of the most brutal deaths on TWD to date, and I wrote it off as nothing... yaaaay... Also, hey, Glenn and Spike, a duo I didn't think I wanted to see until I remember I wrote it. But hey, some of brutal Twilight came back for a sec. And, not-so-little-me, it's ACRES. Not achres, whatever that's supposed to mean.