• Published 14th Apr 2014
  • 1,022 Views, 12 Comments

The Trotting Dead - ZombieBrony22



The dead trot again... The fate of Equestia rests in the hooves of the Princess and her friends - old and new.

  • ...
 12
 1,022

Chapter 6: Questions and No Answers #MyClementine + Season 5 SPOILERS + Rainbow Rocks SPOILERS

SPIKES P.O.V

We were at the Centaurs' camp as we saw a dark, green eyed Trotter fiercely charge at us! We stumbled from the small quake it made but thankfully we shot the monstrosity before it could reach us.

"What the hay was that!?" Charles asked, with a look of confusion on his face.

"The viruses have been crossed…" Jenner said in fear.

"ARGH! Now what?!" Kenny shot the words from his mouth like a pistol shooting a trotter

"That means..." Twilight guessed, and then the response made me jump, because I still might be infected.

"There has to be a way. Somehow. " Hershel said.

As we were thinking on a cure, something hit us.

"Maybe the cure is something that can kill off the Trotters." Twilight said.

"Maybe..." Jenner said.



Let's hope that we can cure this virus..


**********'S P.O.V

I haven't written for a while... I found a highschool full of survivors with food, water, and weapons. I think they can be trusted. For now.

"Hey, where's AJ?" I asked

"He's with Sunset Shimmer." Flash told me.

I went to check on him. Luna was with her.

"Hi Luna." I said.

"Oh, hi Clementine." Luna said.

"When are the others gonna be back?" I asked.

"Hopefully soon, with food, water. Things we need to survive." She told me.

As she ranted, I turned to Sunset Shimmer- still holding AJ.

"Hi Sunset." I said.

"Oh, hi Clem." She said to me.

"Some day, huh?" I asked

"Yeah. Some day..." She said to me.

"Why don't the other people trust you?" I asked.

"It's a LONG story." She said.

AJ started to cry again and Sunset gave me him to me.

"He's a beautiful child..." Sunset said.

"He's a friend of mine's." I replied. Thinking of Rebecca and Alvin made me nauseous.

In the distance, I saw something move...

"Luna. I think someone's here." I said.

The doors opened and I saw Rainbow Dash and Rarity walk in.

"Welcome back." Luna said.

"Well, we managed to find a few cans of food along with a few survivors!" Rainbow said as 10 people walked behind her.

"Hello... I'm Rick Grimes." He said in an accent that resembled Applejack's.

"Well, I'm Celestia. Nice to meet you." Celestia said.

I saw about 12 more people walk behind them... Well, 13 counting the baby.

"We found them in a fire truck, saying something about Washington." Rainbow said.

"Yeah. Chubby here said he had the cure. He lied." The one with the crossbow said.

"Hey, I apologized already." The chubby one said.

"It'll take more than that, Euguine." A kid who looked close to my age said.

As Sunset gave them the tour, I talked with Rick.

"So, where are you people from?" I asked cautiously.

"...Alanta." He said.

Wait, GEORGA? We are in Virginia!

"You people must be anxious trying to get to Washington." I said.

Rick then got up and saw a room with a lamp, workbench, and a clipboard filled with lines and pictures of the school.

"What's with the getup?" He asked.

"We have someone with conspiracies on the school." I said.

I remember when Twilight came through the doors and the looks on people's faces. They were quaking in their boots, fainting on the spot. But when Celestia told me about the gateway, I understood.

Speak of the devil, she ran with a few papers to her desk and started writing like a madman.

"I swear, there's SOMETHING going on here. I'll find it..." I hear her mutter.

"Um, Twilight?"

"Oh, hi Clem. I see we found new surivivors." She said looking at Rick.

"Yeah. There's 14 of them counting the baby." I said.

I was followed by screaming coming from the front door. I ran there to see a black, oozing Walker- no, Runner devouring a friend of mine, Rarity.

"NO!" I hear someone scream followed by gunshots.

The THING fell to the ground and I saw Rarity's wound turn green. I then caught a man in a hazmat run towards the statue and... Pass through it.

"What was that?" I asked.

"A terrorist?" I hear the bowman said.

"I never got your names." I said.


EQUESTRIAN TWILIGHT'S P.O.V

We were packing up to head back to Ponyville with the Centuars. They can't stay out here, alone, full of dead, venomous THINGS.

"Are you sure?" Beth asks.

"Yes. You can't stay out here all alone." I said.

We were headed back as I saw Rarity act... off.

I hear her mutter thing like "Him...Her...Need to make a plan...He's mine...All mine..."

What was she talking about? I'll find out soon enough.

We got back later that day to see a few new people.

"Who are you?" I asked.

"My name is Rick Grimes. We know about New Canterlot. We also know about HIM." He said.

They also looked... Different, I saw a stallion with a crossbow, a mare who... looked... like... me..., and a filly with a hat and an axe.

"L-Lee?" I hear the filly say as she looked directly at Lee.

"Clementine?"

The two quickly engage in a hug as they walked towards Kenny and Duck.

"You're alive. Oh, Clem, I'm SO SORRY!" I hear him say as he hugged Clementine.

"It's okay Kenny, I told you you'll see your family again." She says.

"We have a lot to talk about." Hershel says.

Rick was focused on Lori.

"L- Lori?"

"Rick. It's me." She says.

"Am I here? Is this another hallucination?" He said.

Realizing the truth, he walks toward Lori, engaging her in a hug.

"You two know each other?" I asked.

"Twilight, this is my husband, Rick. Where's Carl?" She says.

"He's okay. At the highschool with everyone else." Rick says.

I walk towards my... twin.

"I knew it..." I hear her say.

"You're shocked I know. You want awnsers? Well you have them."

We walk to the castle to have a LONG talk...

Author's Note:

NEXT TIME ON THE TROTTING DEAD: "There's a traitor, one of us is giving them our supplies." She said grabbing a bag full of medical supplies and food inside.

"We'll have to look into it..." I said.

Let's hope we catch the culprit...

2021: Eyyyy, Next-Time's back with the Walking Dead crossover! And HOLY SHIT this one had a hiatus! Yeah, I think looking back that I had trouble finding a good time to write it, also I met with an editor which didn't really go anywhere, no disrespect to them, of course. Also season 5 of The Walking Dead premiered around this time and gave me many more characters to work with, both alive and centaurs. But yeesh, I wrote the Walking Dead characters... not as bad as Scott Gimple and the other showrunners wrote them on Fear the Walking Dead--